A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: San Rocco 1 development
PostPosted: April 1st, 2010, 3:21 pm 

Does anybody have any news on the development of San Rocco 1?

Report this post
PostPosted: August 14th, 2010, 6:28 pm 

Hi There --

Yes San Rocco I is due to be fully completed within the next few weeks - so by end of August or during September.

I may have some new photos shortly if you would like them. Andy

Report this post
PostPosted: August 14th, 2010, 6:31 pm 

That's San Rocco (I) in Bianco by the way -- there seems to be some confusion with San Rocco II in Isca at times.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 14th, 2010, 9:54 pm 

where is that in Bianco?

Report this post
PostPosted: August 15th, 2010, 2:41 pm 

Andy, is this development being built by the same builder Mr Nardi from San rocco II? If so perhaps you buyers might want to talk to some of the buyers on San Rocco II before you complete as i expect the final deeds will the the same and you need to know what needs to be changed in them before you end up in a difficult situation that you might not be able to get out of down the road. we had specific clauses removed before signing as they were not in the buyers favour and would have given the builder free reign to do what he wants and you would never be rid.... be very careful. Learn from the costly expense of the buyers who have gone before you and save yourself a lot of heartache and expense... believe me i know!
I can tell you loads if you are interested on what to look out for and how to avoid the rip off that will no doubt be there.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 16th, 2010, 8:00 pm 
[quote="sunflower"]Andy, is this development being built by the same builder Mr Nardi from San rocco II?

The answer to this is no, i remember looking at this back in 2006 its along the front facing the sea,its been a long wait but good to hear it is now nearing completion which is most welcome for everyone concerned.

Report this post

PostPosted: August 17th, 2010, 2:30 pm 

Hi
We would be eager to contact any other buyers in San Rocco 1. Is it nearly ready? the last photos we saw in June showed it wasnt any where near completion. We are from N.Ireland and bought there in 2006, We are fed up waiting. Look forward to any news or updates.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 21st, 2010, 2:32 pm 

Are you sure you are all talking about the same development here?

SR original was already completed by 2006 and consisted of a row of 2 bed apertments and one unit was used by IC to show people around. The SR that was due to be built next door never materialised due to lack of planning and was moved as SR2 a long way up the coast.

However where SR was going to be built on the beach in BIANCO, another small development has been built in it's place.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2010, 1:48 pm 

I was passing through the area today and took some progress photos which i will post shortly.There is still a graet deal of work to do on this development and will let you judge for yourselfs whether the completion date you are being told is realistic.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 23rd, 2010, 1:00 pm 

Hi,

We also purchased at San Rocco I in Bianco in 2006 and are awaiting and update, so would really appreciate seeing some up to date photos. When we saw the photos in June, we did doubt whether the proposed completion date of 31st August was realistic.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 24th, 2010, 1:52 pm 

Sorry, for some reason which i am unsure i am unable to load the photos, board attatchment quota keeps coming up even though i have resized them.any ideas anyone ?

Report this post
PostPosted: August 26th, 2010, 11:13 pm 

Hi all

For information:
www.propertymarketitaly.com - have updated the photos of SR1 on there website (dates and the x8 small pictures on top) unfortunately I have no larger photos showing on my screen.
I have Emailed and asked them to see if the problem is at their end!

Matthew, can I thank you for your time and effort and ask you to keep trying to upload your photos.
If you go into FAQ and 'can I post images' under 'Formatting and Topic types' there may be the cause of the problem/solution.
Otherwise a request to the board administrater may be productive.

Good Luck
Jim Cairns - SR1

Report this post
PostPosted: August 28th, 2010, 11:31 am 

The following is a bit long winded but enables the photos to be seen.
1. www.propertmarketitaly.com
2. Left click 'ENTER'
3. Left click 'San Rocco1' (give time to load)
4. Left click 'Pictures' high right on blank box - for x8 small zoomed in photos. (No 1 & 3 are blank = 6 pictures)
5 RIGHT click on 2/8.
Left click 'save background as'.
Left click 'save' on save picture box and remember the Img No ie 1.
6. Left click Windows 'Start' low left on your screen and type Img1 into search box. Left click file above to bring photo up. Repeat for others!

Various options then available ie 'Copy' under 'file' and 'paste' onto a Word document, where they can be resized to store or send as an Email attachment?

Soon after my stress related illness (when I get the time) I will try and upload them onto this 'PHOTO' board.

Jim Cairns2

Report this post
PostPosted: August 30th, 2010, 8:13 am 

OK you can find 4 updated fotos of San Rocco1 at this address
http://updatesfrommatthew.myphotoalbum. ... me=album01

Sorry it took so long
Matt

Report this post
PostPosted: August 30th, 2010, 12:11 pm 

Thank you Jim and Matthew, really appreciate the pictures and it is good to see that we do have some progress, although I guess we still have a way to go before completion - hopefully though it may happen in 2010!

Report this post
PostPosted: August 30th, 2010, 9:07 pm 

Unfortunately cannot get the pictures up on this board.
Anyone who cannot view the 'propertymarketitaly' pictures by the route described on my previous post dtd 28 Aug '10, can send me their Email by 'PM' and I will send them the 6 pictures as an Email attachment!

Report this post
PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 11:15 pm 

It seems (from my solicitor) that SR1 is finished and the cadastral documents are in place.
As always there seems to be a lack of pictures, so if anyone (Matthew?) is in the area it would be much appreciated if they could upload on this site.

Report this post
PostPosted: December 14th, 2010, 12:18 am 

hi, just thought i would let you know that friends of ours visited the san rocco 1 development in late october 2010 and observed that work is ongoing including the outside being plastered.also we recieved an email from our solicitor informing us that the development has been registered with the land registry office.

Report this post
PostPosted: December 27th, 2010, 4:54 pm 

The only thread that mentions SR1 seems to have been taken over by potential Skiers!
So to try and divert it back:
Further to my last post on 4 Dec, it seems that only the Block at the back is finished, with the block on the right (as you look from the road) due for completion soon??
I do have 3 recent photos of the outside from 'Bella Calabria' and am quite impressed with the finish of what is on show.
Without digging deep into rules and regs I cannot seem to post them here, so any direction or guidance would be appreciated.
I could send them, if requested as an attachment to an Email.
NB. Good luck to the Skiers!

Report this post
PostPosted: January 19th, 2011, 10:23 pm 

Hi
We have recently completed on a property in Bianco (close to San Rocco). We are very happy with the high standard of workmanship and finish on our property. The builder is the same builder who is currently working on SR1, so hopefully you will all share in a good experience. However I agree quite long!! (It will also be good to meet new friends in town).

Report this post
PostPosted: April 1st, 2011, 1:37 pm 

Hi

I've pictures of San Rocco I Bianco from last month Febraury 2011. It's looking really good. If anone wants them I'm happy to try to work out how to post them.

I'll check back to see.

Andy

Report this post
PostPosted: July 1st, 2011, 9:31 pm 

it appears that san rocco 1 is finallly completed.i'd be interested to hear from any other buyers.should be able to see property in august

Report this post