A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 2:40 pm 

This is primarily for owners of Apartments where there is a community of owners set up. Do you have any idea of the annual cost of buildings insurance cover ?

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 3:59 pm 

Mimosas

There are 2 insurances needed. The condominium (communal) insurance and your own apartment insurance. Intasure seem to be the company most owners use. The insurance on my 2 bed apartment is about £270 per annum.

Lorica

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 4:11 pm 

Thanks Lorica. Do you have any idea who provides your condominium (communal) insurance ?

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2016, 4:37 pm 

Mimosas

Our condominium administrator arranges the communal insurance.

Lorica

PostPosted: November 4th, 2016, 11:23 am 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Lorica,
I paid £218 in April this year for my 2 bed apartment but with only £2000 contents cover with Intasure.

PostPosted: November 4th, 2016, 11:58 am 

I already insure with intasure but our condominium administrator doesn't seem to think buildings insurance is important and would rather spend our funds using 'friendly local contractors' for maintenance and other unimportant works although us owners do want cover. Therefore we are trying to establish where other condominiums have found cover and the approx cost.

PostPosted: November 4th, 2016, 2:58 pm 

Mimosas

I've just checked and our Condominium insurance is €900 for the financial year 2017. I cannot tell you who our administrator insures with.

David

We have a larger contents cover than ... this does make a difference to the premium. Do your cover include earthquake cover and emergency travel!!

Lorica

PostPosted: November 5th, 2016, 11:47 am 

Lorica,
My contents as I said earlier is minimal and the amoumnt of cover of course does affect the premium.
I do have earthquake cover as the reason I went to Intasure as they seem to be the only company that will give this cover.
As regards 'Emergency Cover' it is included under Section 4 of the policy.

With regards to Condo insurance, I assume that our developer covers that within his annual Condo costs to us. It is not specified and he still does owns 10 of the 14 apartments on our complex which he rents out.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2016, 12:51 pm 

David

Doesn't your developer produce an set of accounts & annual expenditure? If you do have communal insurance is should be listed???

Lorica

PostPosted: November 6th, 2016, 11:48 am 

Lorica
We don't have a formal Condo agreement as such we are only 8 foreign owners in two small complexes of a total of 19 properties.which he administers and maintains,
Every year we have a beakdown for the electricity, costs for the common condo areas, the swimming pool and water pump. Costs for the gardening, cleaning, maintenace of the swimming pool etc.
We on Delta Club only own the apartments and not the gardens, swiming pool and the rest of the complexe(s), so the insurance of the whole grounds except our apartments are his responsibility.
Most of the fixed costs were agreed at preliminary contract stage and the variable costs are any extra costs are for the electricity for the common areas, swimming pool, water supply and replacement costs for water supply pumps, gate mechanism etc. .
I believe that we are all fairly satisfied with the amount we pay and he does look after the complexes superbly.

PostPosted: November 19th, 2016, 6:24 am 

does anyone know where i can get bike insurance for just one month? tried ringing around but 3 months is the least so far....

PostPosted: November 19th, 2016, 11:31 am 

There may well be a minimum of 3 months with insurance companies. What country do you want insurance for?