A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ENEL Direct Debits
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 4:22 pm 

Hi all,
To set up an ENEL on line a/c with direct debits, must you have an Italian bank account. Can the bills be paid from an Irish bank account?

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 5:28 pm 

That's good to know, thanks David.

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2017, 9:30 pm 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Hi Samsung,
I posted this translation (below) from the Enel website in October regarding paying your bill.
I am not sure if DD's can be made from a non Italian Bank.
If it is possible and you have a Bank account in Eire there will not be any Fx to worry about, but if you are north of the border you will incur Fx charges.

"Pay your bill

Enel Electric Service offers different ways in which to pay the bills.
Discover which of these for you:

Pay your bill
Enel Electric Service offers different ways in which to pay the bills.
Discover which of these for you:
With credit card
Enel Electric Service allows you to pay your bills on-line using your credit card.
Valid credit cards are those issued in Italy by: Visa, Diners, Mastercard, American Express and Postepay.
The payment service on -line is completely free.
If you are already registered, sign in to our services on-line from the top right box to pay the bill.
If you have not registered click here

With foreign bank transfer (from 'Italy and the' abroad)
If you want to make the payment of the bill by bank transfer whether you are in Italy or abroad.

Remember to state the following:
Header Enel Electric Service Spa
Causal invoice number or alternatively the date of issuance of the bill and account number
bank name
IBAN
BIC / SWIFT (providing for payments abroad only)

Bank IBAN BIC / SWIFT
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA - IT 77 G 01030 02001 000000040024 - PASCITMMVNZ
NATIONAL BANK OF THE WORKING GROUP SpA BNP PARIBAS
- IT 94 A 01005 02000 000000007888 - BNLIITRR
BANCO POPULAR - IT 45 N 05034 02196 000000002974 - BAPPIT21732
INTESA SANPAOLO - IT 46 L 03069 02117 100000009744 - BCITITMM
ICCREA BANCA SpA - IT 73 L 08000 03200 000800023943 - ICRAITRR
CENTRAL INSTITUTE POPULAR ITALIAN BANKS - IT 26 J 05000 01600 CC0015011400 - CIPBITMM
UNICREDIT CORPORATE BANKING SpA - IT 44 T 02008 05351 000003923403 - UNICRITMMMCS

By connecting to SisalPay
You can conveniently pay the bills by connecting to the site http://www.sisalpay.it .
The maximum payable limit is € 999.99. The accepted circuits are Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard and Maestro"

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2017, 9:24 am 

Hi,
Thank you for the detailed information. I will check with ENEL if this is possible.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2017, 8:20 pm 

I dont think its possible to pay by dd from outside italy,or unless you have an italian credit card.
Thats the main reason i switched suppler,i pay by dd from my ROI bank.
I bank with ulsterbank in n.i and they dont charge for international transfers,

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2017, 9:03 pm 

Hi Tony,
Thank you. Just looking back on the information that ENEL sent, it appears that you can make the payment of the bill by Swift bank transfer whether you are in Italy or abroad. How would you get notification of the bill that's due if you are living in the ROI? email maybe or log into your account on ENEL site.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2017, 11:12 pm 

Hi tonymccready3,
You mentioned you paid your Electric bill using a bank outside Italy to another supplier, who is your new supplier?

Samsung,
You can get your Enel (or should it be SEN now) from the website once you have logged in. You can also apply to have it sent to you by email (apply for boiletta@ Online) or by post to your home address.

I applied for boiletta@ Online via their website a some weeks ago and had a notification by email today stating that this service is now active. When viewing "Check Bill" it informs you of your status. it was previously coloured red stating it was inactive, but has now changed to active and coloured black..
I can also report that it says that my DD is now also active.
I will see at the end of the month when my bill is due if it is paid by DD and that I will get an email notification and be back as I was before CheBanca took over.
They also sent me an email today stating that I hadn't paid my last bill but my on-line account states it has been paid (Incassata totalmente / totally encased / paid)!

When I first logged on to Enel tonight using my Bookmark Enel url but it couldn't find the website (no DNS found whatever that means).
I deduced what the new url was likely to be and found the following new url which seems to have replaced the Enel one and appears to be exactly the same website as before except for the name (SEN) and new logo. The new url to use is :-

https://www.servizioelettriconazionale.it/it-IT

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2017, 11:39 pm 

David,
Thank you for this useful information. It is good to know the process to make the payments when you are not in Italy and not there to receive postal bills..

PostPosted: January 4th, 2017, 9:37 pm 

I changed to omnia electric, they email me a bill every 2months and it is paid by dd from my ROI account, although i i live in the north

PostPosted: January 5th, 2017, 8:25 am 

Can you change supplier when you are part of a condominium?

PostPosted: January 5th, 2017, 11:19 am 

Hi Samsung,
I am sure you can as you have a electric meter to your property and your contract is with your current supplier. I am sure that tonymccready will help you out if you want to change.
I am stiaying with Enel / SEN at present as it appears that they have sorted their problems out. I will know in a months time and report back.

Hi tonymccready,
It will be interesting to know what the price for your current electrity supplier (omnia electric) is compared to previous supplier (?Enel).

PostPosted: January 5th, 2017, 8:21 pm 

Hi, i pay a standing charge which is about 25euro every 2months. I would lmagine that
Omnia would have to be competituve pricewise with enel.
I have to be honest and say that i dont kow the exact comparison with enel
My main reason for changing was barclays made a mess of my enel dd and i find paying omnia bill much easier.
Many but not all on our condo changed to omnia.
If any one wants to contact them i have an email address to an englisd speaking employee of omnia

PostPosted: January 6th, 2017, 11:41 am 

Hi Tony,
Thank you for the information. I presume that on top of the Standing Charge you pay for what you use.
These are the items in my bill and each item varies with each bill. THe full bill does give information on the rates you pay and it also depends on what category of user you are registered as.

Enel bill items / Google Translation of the items
spesa per la materia eneria / spending on energy matters
spesa per il transporto e la gestione del contatore / expenditure for the transport and the counter management
spesa per oneri di sistema / spending on system charges
altre partite / other matches
totale imposte e iva / Total taxes and VAT

It would appear that there is no standing charge, also each item varies with every bill. I have a 4.5 Kw system and that affects the cost of the electricity.
The apartment is occupied from May to the end of September approximately for 12 weeks a year and my Enel bills have been about €500. pa.

If my DD is paid and my on-line bill arrive at the end of the month from Ennnnl / SEN, I don't think I will change my supplier unless I can prove that by changing I can make a substantial saving.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2017, 7:37 pm 

Yes i get a bill bimonthly and i am able to see exactly what the usage is.
I think i too am on 4.5kw. As i said earlier i dont know how price compares but i am just content to be able to keep an eye on it

PostPosted: January 17th, 2017, 11:48 am 

I have just received my first Enel / SEN email bill sent to my inbox since the problems with swapping banks.
Amazingly I have had a €25.77 credit deposit (including €0.01 interest) taken off my bill.
Does anyone know what this could be for?
There was no mention of the RAI (TV license on the bill).
I will know at the end of the month whether the DD from my CheBanca account has been paid.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2017, 6:30 pm 

Hi
Did your direct debit go through David?
I have just received my January/February Enel invoice with an amount for Spesa per Oneri di Sistema which I have not seen before. Any idea why this has now been added?

PostPosted: February 25th, 2017, 7:40 pm 

Jude4

Spesa per oneri di Sistema has been on the bills before but the amount has never been as high ... the amount on my bill was €25 was yours the same amount?

Lorica

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 11:58 am 

Jude4 and Lorica,
Spesa per oneri di Sistema has only been on my bills since 2/8/16. It was not there on my previous bills.
Looking at my past 4 bills it appears to be related to the amount of electricity one uses (ie Spesa per la materia energia), The amount charged for these 2 items are fairly close to each other.
Prior to 2/8/16 it was not itemised on my bills so maybe they have separated the electricity used to 2 items?
Looking at my total bill for the year the amount is approximately the same as it has been for the past few years so possibly not an extra charge.
To answer your question my DD was paid SEN / Enel by CheBanca DD at the beginning of February.
I posted this on information on the Chebanca postings on the 2nd February.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 12:34 pm 

Is this linked to the different rates for daytime and evening / weekends?

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 12:53 pm 

Lorica and David - I have a charge of 22,50 but my consumption was only 7,06 so not sure how this relates to the amount of electricity used; if it does then it is very disproportionate. Maybe as I haven't had this before, Enel have charged retrospectively but, of course, not explained that!

Thanks re direct debit update David, I obviously missed your post.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 1:38 pm 

Jude4,David & gsullymorgan

€7,06 doesn't relate to the energy used as I have the same amount against 'Spesa per la material energia' We haven't used our apartment since August so no energy has been used. If you look at the back of page 1 of your bill at the top under 'Consumo fatturato' the figure there is your consumption for that bill.
I had the same €22,50 listed on my bill but I can't find out what this is for.
Like David it has been on a couple of previous bills but the figure has never been as high.

Lorica

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 3:23 pm 

Hi all,
Does anyone have the amounts of standing charges, as confirmed by ENEL, applied to by-monthly bills?

Also, I cannot locate an email address for ENEL as I would like to know the cost of using electric at various times throughout the day.

Thank you

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 4:14 pm 

Samsung

I think it's cheaper to use electricity at Weekends & Bank holidays also 12pm - 7am Monday - Friday

Standing charges with taxes etc is roughly €24 bi-monthly

Enel don't have an email address.

Lorica

PostPosted: February 26th, 2017, 4:24 pm 

Thank you Lorica for the info.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 2:50 pm 

I have checked back on a number of bills where I have had nil electricity consumption.
For the bill dated 29/3/2016 the amount was €43.40, for the bill dated 30/5/2016 it was €26.20 and for the latest bill dtaed 2/2/2017 it was €14.55 and this bill had an unknown to me Accredito Deposito cauzionale (crediting deposit) of €25.77.
None of these bills were the same as one would expect. Perhaps the standing charges vary with the number of holidays, weekends etc. in that period?
I have a 4.5KW input and the cost of electricity and probably standing charges will me more than a 3KW input system.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 4:58 pm 

I have always understood that ... ' Spesa per il transport e la gestione del contatore' is the bi-monthly standing charge. On my bills this varies between €14 - €15 bi-monthly & ofcourse the 10% IVA on top. What the other charges are I have no idea!!

Lorica

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 8:41 pm 

It's good to see that SEN are now sending out emails to inform you that ones electricity bill has been paid.
This is the second one I have received as can be seen below with a translation.

"Gentile NAM DAVID,
Servizio Elettrico Nazionale ti informa che la bolletta per la fornitura n. 768752991 sita in CON CAMPIA, SN - RICADI VV, di importo pari a 14.55 euro risulta pagata.
Ti preghiamo di non rispondere a questo indirizzo e-mail.
Per ulteriori informazioni visita il portale www.servizioelettriconazionale.it
Cordiali saluti
Servizio Clienti"

"Dear NAM DAVID,
National Electric Service informs you that your bill for the supply n. 768752991 located in CON Campia, SN - RICADI VV, amounting at 14.55 euro is paid.
Please do not reply to this e-mail.
For more information visit the portal www.servizioelettriconazionale.it
Best regards
Customer care"

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 9:20 pm 

David

It's a pity they don't include an email address :)

Lorica

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 11:50 pm 

Yes David I received this email when I paid my bill at end Nov but I didn't for the end Jan bill (although paid both by Paypal). Also sometimes I receive an email to inform me payment is due and sometimes a hardcopy bill by post.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 11:39 am 

Lorica,
Enel didn;t have an email address where one could conbtact them re problems etc.
Perhaps now that it is SEN they may set up an email address for customers to contact them but I am not holding my breath on this one.
Evie,
It dd take a month before I had this email informing me I had paid. I am hoping that I am back as I was with Barclays and that is bimonthly email of what I owe and that the bill is paid by DD by CheBanca.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 4:20 pm 

Can anyone explain this charge on latest Enel bill: spesa per oneri di sistema 22,50 €

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 8:56 pm 

mimosas,
'spesa per oneri di sistema' (spending on system charges) has been itemised on past bills from SEN/Enel and looking at what I have paid over the last few bills it was as high as €69,38 but when my bimonthly bill was about €239,70 and as low as €11,25 when te bbl was €14,55. It must be related to some standing charges as it was itemised when no electricity had been consumed.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2017, 11:12 am 

I asked our Italian administrator to check the 'Spesa per Oneri di Sistema' charge and the response from Enel was that this is a fixed quarterly charge for non residents regardless of whether there has been any electricity consumption or not. Some sort of explanation on the invoice would have made our lives much easier!

PostPosted: March 9th, 2017, 11:51 am 

Hi jude4,
The 'Spesa per Oneri di Sistema' cannot be a FIXED quarterly charge as the amount varies on different bills that I have received. The bills are bimonthly and maybe the Standing charge varies within the year may explain the difference in the charges.
There has got to be another explanation.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2017, 3:03 pm 

Could it be the tv licence fee?.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2017, 4:05 pm 

I think it varies because because the amount of days they charge for varies month to month ... like here you're charged on a daily rate for standing charges.
No one I know has been charged for tele license.

Lorica

PostPosted: March 9th, 2017, 6:51 pm 

Our latest bill incudes a deduction for tv licence,although we are with omnia

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 12:50 am 

Lorica,
Your explanation doesn't really hold water as my charges have varied from €11 to €69, too much of a variation to be the number of days charged for a bimonthly bill.
tonymccready3
What was the description for your TV charge was the word RAI in it?
How much was the charge?

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 12:49 am 

I have just seen this on the SEN website Glossary
Spesa per Oneri di Sistema
Comprende gli importi fatturati relativamente a corrispettivi destinati alla copertura di costi relativi ad attività di interesse generale per il sistema elettrico che vengono pagati da tutti i clienti finali del servizio elettrico (si veda anche la sezione degli Elementi di dettaglio)
English translation
Spending on system charges
Includes the amounts invoiced in respect of amounts needed to cover the costs relating to activities of general interest for the electricity system that are paid by all end users of the electricity service (see also the section of the detail elements)

To "cover the costs relating to activities of general interest for the electricity system"?
Not very specific and not very helpful to what the charge are actually for.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 1:12 am 

Re the Canone Rai / TV charge that I retrieved from the SEN website. It also gives information on "Who should pay, How to pay, Rules and exemptions and Refunds.

"From July 2016 the subscription charge for the private use television will be prorated in the electricity bill. Pay your fee each client holder of a user of electricity in the home of residence.

The amount of the fee for 2017 is 90 € and will be charged to registered family, regardless of the number of owned TVs, dividing it into 10 monthly installments from January to October .

It is possible for more details and information on the website of ' Revenue Agency or Rai."

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 1:42 am 

WARNING
I have just seen this:-

"False email to clients

These days, an address ostensibly referring to the old name Enel Electric Service (no National Electric Service) are circulating some email from deceptive content: the customer is asked to click on a link for downloading the bill, but in reality it is a file that contains a virus.
On other occasions, we have been sent emails inviting recipients to fill out online forms with your personal data. The customer is encouraged to always verify the sender of the email you receive.

These mails have not been sent either by Group companies or by companies appointed by the National Electric Service. If you get it, cestinale.

National Electric service will never ask its customers to disclose their bank details or their own personal codes by mail, through external links or by telephone."

PostPosted: March 13th, 2017, 7:20 pm 

Thanks David for all this info which is useful to know.

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2017, 11:51 am 

As I am looking at closing my Italian bank account, I am looking at how I pay my bills. I found the bank details from an earlier posting but does anyone know if these are still current for SEN or where I can find the IBAN etc for paying SEN directly from UK?

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2017, 12:54 pm 

Beauyash

This the Iban & Bic for SEN that I used. I have now set up a Direct Debit

Enel Servizio Electtrico Nationale
Banca Intesa
San Paola Spa

BCITITMM700
IT78A0101004420000806880911

Lorica

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2017, 7:42 pm