A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ENEL Direct Debits
PostPosted: August 30th, 2016, 11:46 pm 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
CheBanca has stated that our Barclays DD's would be honoured up to March next year. This we will have to see come the next due date.
I wanted to ensure that my DD's would go through without any problems so have contacted Enel with regards to this.
I telephoned them two weeks ago and I have telephoned Enel (Italy) again today to give them my new CheBanca BIC and IBAN numbers.
They have stated that the IBAN is not correct and cannot be accepted by them. I can only assume that CheBanca has not completed whatever they have to do for businesss to be informed of the new IBAN's.
I had real difficulty with communicating to them as the persons I spoke with had limited spoken English which is not surprising and my Italian almost nil.
They gave me a fax number for me to send them information on what I was contacting them.
Enel do not have email communication to customers.
FYI Enel Tel number is 0039 02 3017 2011 Fax number 0039 02 3297 2150

I have also contacted Wical (my wifi provider). I emailed a DD mandate form informing them that it was noy valid until the 28th August. I have not had any communication from them to date.

Post subject: Re: ENEL Direct Debits
PostPosted: September 1st, 2016, 7:03 pm 

Thanks David. I will need to do something about ENEL in due course. I wonder will the Barclay's mortgage continue to be paid without intervention from us (assuming Barclays and CheBanca will talk to each other) - what do you think?

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2016, 12:41 pm 

Hi Evie

My Enel direct debit went out yesterday. I have had trouble changing the the Iban number on the Enel sight though.

Lorica

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2016, 2:19 pm 

My Butangas DD was paid today. Does anyone know what CheBanca's fees will be after March 2017?

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2016, 3:43 pm 

It appears that the Enel DD's are going out which is what was promised up to March 17.
Enel still won't accept the new IBAN's and I have asked CheBanca about this by email.

Evie,
As regards mortgage payments I have just had the September payment taken from our account today.
I have also noticed that €2.85 has been debited on the 1st September, ABI Code 880 described as Recupero Bolli (recovery Bolli). Due to the lack of character space Bolli is the first 5 characters of a word. Anybody have an idea what this word could be? I haven't seen this ABI code on my Barclays statements before.

Those of us who have had Enel and other DD's paid before the end of August will have to wait and see if these get paid on time.

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2016, 7:03 pm 

Thanks David & Lorica. My Barclays mortgage was paid on Sept 1st as usual. David, I don't have the Bolli payment you mention.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2016, 5:44 pm 

Hi David,

I have always had the recupero bolli on my Barclays account, taken monthly at about 2.85. I had always assumed the bolli was an abbreviation of Bollette. Has anyone succeeded in paying money in yet? I should have a payment hitting the account tomorrow so fingers crossed.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2016, 7:09 pm 

Hi Alfran and Evie,
As I said I have not had this debit description (Recupero Bolli)on my Barclays statements but have had competenze e interes about €8 taken every 3 months.
It may well be the same charge as they both work out at about €32- €34 a year if the Recupero Bolli is taken monthly.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2016, 6:04 pm 

I didn't on Barclays either so I'll leave well alone!

PostPosted: September 26th, 2016, 5:11 pm 

Now, I am worrying about Enel, specifically my direct debit. They always send me an email with the bill, but it is a NoReplay email. I have checked the website, even tried phoning, but no luck - No English, little Italian - feel so useless in that regards.

I was given and website, but already tried that, and cannot find where to contact them by email!

P.S.: I never saw them charge any service fee in my Barclays in the past.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2016, 8:29 pm 

Hi psychcentral1,
Don't worry about your Enel bill as it should be automatically paid if you had a Barclays DD.
I have my bimonthly Enel and Wical bills to pay by DD next week so we shall see if they get paid. I am fairly confident from what others have experienced that they will be paid.
It will be worth getting CheBanca to have your correct address for their mailings although a lot of their communication is via Home Banking 'messages'. You can email your correct address or try calling them. It can be difficult speaking with the 'English speaking' customer services personnel to communicate exactly what you want to convey to them. But their English is still much better than my Italian!

PostPosted: September 26th, 2016, 11:19 pm 

Thanks David, for the reassurance on Enel!

I gave it a try and called them today, but same situation. I did check around the Enel site, but could not find anywhere to place an email to them.

As for CheBanca, same thing there. I checked in Messages, but there was nothing, i.e. nowhere to send Them a note about my full address.

It's a bit surprising that Barclays did not have my full address on file. They did, in the beginning, obviously, as they sent out hard copies to me here, plus my bank card. (That has never worked btw).

PostPosted: September 27th, 2016, 4:35 pm 

Speak of the (whatsit)...my Enel bill showed up today. I don't mind posting, it's going to be Euro 104.00 on October 1.

Is it just me, but I cannot figure out how the figures add up, especially as the place isn't occupied 99% of the time, and the cost is always different during those time periods. Yes, I should take a look at the bollette and see the breakdown. The lecky is turned off when I am not there, I have someone who does that for me.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2016, 6:26 pm 

Have you checked to see if your television license is included in the bill??

Lorica

PostPosted: September 27th, 2016, 7:24 pm 

It will be interesting to know whether psychcentral1 has his TV license included in his bill.
The copy of my invoice should be arriving in the next week and will see if the forms I sent off for exemption to pay the TV license has been accepted.

PostPosted: September 27th, 2016, 7:32 pm 

Will update on that! TV Licences? this is all new to me. What TV?

PostPosted: September 27th, 2016, 10:49 pm 

Re Enel and TV license.
It has been decided by the Italian Authorities as from about August all households have to pay for a TV license which is to be included on your Enel bill. There are exceptions for ceratin persons eg those over 75, if you have a low income and those who do not have a TV. All these persons must apply for this exemption.
I applied for this exemption on age grounds, had to prove my age of course. I have had no reply so I await my Enel bill to see if I have had the exemption application accepted.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2016, 6:24 pm 

Hi David

I also applied for exemption but on the grounds we don't have a television. I think you had to apply in May but I didn't apply until June so it will be interesting to see if either of us have been successful?? I was told that you have to apply every year for the exemption!!

Lorica

PostPosted: September 28th, 2016, 6:32 pm 

Oh No !!! We have enough bureaucracy to contend with already.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2016, 8:09 pm 

http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/notizie/ ... id=AD0bqI1

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2016, 10:00 am 

Hi all trying to transfer money online from Italian account to another Italian bank and when it comes to country list there is no Italy.Have rung Chebanca who have said you cannot do this and need to contact local branch, they gave us the head office number to call.Has anyone else had this problem and managed to sort it. In

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2016, 12:12 pm 

Hi Doodles,
That is odd that it is difficult to transfer funds within Italy. Someone else did say on the Forum that they had this problem of not being able to find Italy on the country list. I have checked the 'country list' in Payments and it seems they have deliberately omitted Italia from the list as it was there with Barclays!

I thought that I would have seen my Enel debit today on my account but nothing although I haven't received their email stating what my bimonthly bill was.

My Wical bill was paid by DD today.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2016, 4:25 pm 

Is it just me, am I too sensitive when it comes to money? No need to answer that - I am just seething, as I too cannot do the regular "foreign transfer" in order to pay my creditors. The reason is - at the page where is entered the payee I have to put "Italy" from a drop- down menu - there is none!! No Italy i.e.

My hair is turning gray over all this!

Does anyone know how to do this now? Talk about anxiety! My mortgage payment still never came out of the account. It's depressing!

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2016, 4:40 pm 

hi psychcentral1

i have some ex clients in the same situation - i advise to all of to write an email to <clientservice@chebanca.it> and give this mail for knowinh to the following Banca D'Italia addresses

Servizio Ispettorato vigilanza
vis@pec.bancaditalia.it

you'll see that CheBanca .. runs to find the solution

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2016, 4:41 pm 

and the following

Servizio Supervisione bancaria 1
sb1@pec.bancaditalia.it

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2016, 4:42 pm 

and the following -

Servizio Supervisione bancaria 2
sb2@pec.bancaditalia.it

Servizio Tutela dei clienti e antiriciclaggio
tca@pec.bancaditalia.it

all together !!

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2016, 5:27 pm 

Hi all thank you for the replies.All I would like to do is transfer money from account to pay for condo fees that are due to another bank in Italy as I had always done when it was Barclay's!!.Have sent email to client service still awaiting reply,will try email address that LifeinItaly gave.
Without them putting Italy back on list we will always have problems!!

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2016, 6:11 pm 

it is also likely that former Barclays bank accounts, create some problems to CheBanca organization - and that these gentlemen are doing all these difficulties to make sure that customers B. succumb to them-in management - their money, to THEM, conditions, rather than to those who inherited by Barclays - It's also good to know that CheBanca, do not work with clients who do not mature their income in Italy and who resides in Italian, for less than 36 months - and also that do not grant loans to this type of customers - More ..., a few days ago, a former client of Barclays (now forcibly CheBanca) who had some problem to pay an installment of his mortgage, and had asked for help, he was told not to pay to maturity , that then he could find one agreement with the debt collection company - No one has bothered to tell him that the first consequence of this action, was that his name would end up on the list of bad payers and would not then found no bank willing to give him credit.

PostPosted: October 7th, 2016, 11:57 am 

I really do not know what is going on with my Enel direct debits and email notification of my bimonthly bill.
I have just been checking my on line account with Enel and have discovered that I have been disabled to receive my bills via email and also my DD'payment. I have I hope reinstated them but to check it out I have just telephoned them and had little success as the English speaking person couldn't really understand what I wanted.

My Sept / Oct bill is on line but not paid and I couldn't see any deduction for RAI the TV licence fee.

I am wondering that when I telephoned them back at the end of August they mistook what I said and disabled my payment and email notification?

PostPosted: October 7th, 2016, 2:14 pm 

David aren't you seeing this below in Enel??

Lorica

Il servizio Bollett@ Online è attivo

PostPosted: October 8th, 2016, 10:50 pm 

Hi Lorica,
I cannot see this phrase at all on line or in my pdf Invoice.
I have tried to enable my Bollett@ Online but no success. Have enabled all on the "Infowatt" so hopefully this will warn me when a bill is due.
I have now just paid my Enel bill by PayPal and had a confirmation from Enel and PayPal confirming payment of my bill. This was easy to do but will try at some stage to reinstate my DD mandate.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2016, 8:41 pm 

My Enel preceding notice came to me via email (as usual) with a due date of October 1. Usually, I receive the bill shortly thereafter. This has not happened.

The Enel DD was not taken out of my account either! (Nervous breakdown #10 here!)

PostPosted: October 11th, 2016, 11:34 am 

Have just spoken to CheBanca CS and have spoken to someone who speaks good English and has a grasp of the problems with regard to Enel DD's.
Enel appears to be the only organisation that doesn't recognise the CheBanca IBAN.
The bank is trying to sort out the problem with Enel so hopefully when our bill are due (mine in in December) it will have been sorted.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2016, 12:35 pm 

I did not receive notification of my current ENEL bill by email as usual but it was posted to my home address. No DD taken out so getting concerned (I go there this Sat although better than me than a rental client to have no electricty!). I have just been able to pay current bill by Paypal on the ENEL webiste so sorted this time hopefully. (My Barclays mortgage is being paid each month so no problem there).

PostPosted: October 15th, 2016, 4:04 pm 

Update: Spoke to Client services at Enel (the number ending with 4161). They had actually sent me an email to say that Enel had not recognized their new BIC number (and in fact, at one point, a wrong BIC was given to us). It should be the MICS not MITS).

So, I decided to not go through setting up the Enel DD again, main reason, I could not get into the account to do it.

Meanwhile, I believe CheBanca Cliente Servizio are finally getting the act together.

Now, I know this is in the wrong posting area - about CheBanca not Enel now. How To Pay bills from your online CheBanca account:
It's about the missing country of "Italy" in the drop down menu. Think of it this way - it's about you in this section and that relates to Your country of residence.

So, although it doesn't seem to make sense (you would expect to put the creditors address in there, it in fact needs to be Your Country, not Italy.

I'd like to say it's simply - it's not, it's a bit crazy. It's Italy, what the heck, we love it!

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 9:47 pm 

Hi. Our DD for Enel was not taken from our new Chebanca account when it was due in early October. I phoned Chebanca today and was told to call Enel and insist that the IBAN was correct! I tried but could not find an english speaker. Does anyone have an English speaking phone number for Enel please?
Also, can you please advise how to register online with Enel, I could not work it out!
Thank you.

PostPosted: October 21st, 2016, 11:52 am 

Hi Scarlet, See my post on this dated 11th October. It is difficult in that organisation to get hold of an English speaker, it just depends if there is anyone there at the time of phoning.
BTW I had an email from Enel confirming that my September/October bill was paid (I did it via Paypal) Also there was no mention on this Invoice when I checked it on line regarding RAI/TV License fee.

I had no problem registering with Enel some years ago now. If I remember you need your Codice Fiscale and your Enel Supply number. What I recollect it was straight forward but it may have changed in the meantime.

PostPosted: October 21st, 2016, 4:39 pm 

Thanks Davidnam. Our management company registered us a few years ago and we have provided Codice Fiscale etc, I was just wondering if I could register myself on their website to pay online, and how easy it was! I have been unable to convert their webpage to English so cannot understand it!

PostPosted: October 21st, 2016, 5:55 pm 

Scarlet

Why do you need to register again with Enel?

Lorica

PostPosted: October 21st, 2016, 7:11 pm 

Good point Lorica, Scarlet shouln't need to Register again.
I did have a problem logging on with Enel but I went through the log in process and changed my password which then allowed me access.
Scarlet, What I do with Enel is that I use Google Chrome as my browser and right click to translate the page into English. Some of the text will not ranslate so I then use copy and paste in Google Translate to get the English translation.

PostPosted: October 21st, 2016, 8:09 pm 

Hi both, thanks for that. I have managed to register an online account with Enel and am trying to make a bank transfer from Chebanca to Enel as my bill is 3 weeks overdue and I'm not sure at what point they cut off the electric?!! The Chebanca transfer page requires an IBAN and a BIC. Does anyone know what the BIC code is please for Enel?... Think I have finally worked out what to put for the IBAN!
Thank you

PostPosted: October 21st, 2016, 9:14 pm 

The other alternative I am trying is to set up my DD again on the Enel site..... I cannot find anywhere to do it... it says the right upper box.... cannot find it! Can anyone help please. Thanks

PostPosted: October 21st, 2016, 10:18 pm 

I don't think you can set up a DD on-line.
If you are no longer paying by DD there is a DD Mandate to fill in which you will find if you scroll down to the bottom of the invoice. I believe you have to post it to them.
I am going to wait until December when my Enel bill is due next and see whether my DD has been re-instated and paid and that I get an email from Enel that I used to get before the CheBancs change informing me of what is due.
If this doen't happen I can still see my bill on-line and pay using PayPal as I did this month.

I have just seen this on the Enel site

"Pay your bill

Enel Electric Service offers different ways in which to pay the bills.
Discover which of these for you:

Pay your bill
Enel Electric Service offers different ways in which to pay the bills.
Discover which of these for you:
With credit card
Enel Electric Service allows you to pay your bills on-line using your credit card.
Valid credit cards are those issued in Italy by: Visa, Diners, Mastercard, American Express and Postepay.
The payment service on -line is completely free.
If you are already registered, sign in to our services on-line from the top right box to pay the bill.
If you have not registered click here

With foreign bank transfer (from 'Italy and the' abroad)
If you want to make the payment of the bill by bank transfer whether you are in Italy or abroad.

Remember to state the following:
Header Enel Electric Service Spa
Causal invoice number or alternatively the date of issuance of the bill and account number
bank name
IBAN
BIC / SWIFT (providing for payments abroad only)

Bank IBAN BIC / SWIFT
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA - IT 77 G 01030 02001 000000040024 - PASCITMMVNZ
NATIONAL BANK OF THE WORKING GROUP SpA BNP PARIBAS
- IT 94 A 01005 02000 000000007888 - BNLIITRR
BANCO POPULAR - IT 45 N 05034 02196 000000002974 - BAPPIT21732
INTESA SANPAOLO - IT 46 L 03069 02117 100000009744 - BCITITMM
ICCREA BANCA SpA - IT 73 L 08000 03200 000800023943 - ICRAITRR
CENTRAL INSTITUTE POPULAR ITALIAN BANKS - IT 26 J 05000 01600 CC0015011400 - CIPBITMM
UNICREDIT CORPORATE BANKING SpA - IT 44 T 02008 05351 000003923403 - UNICRITMMMCS

By connecting to SisalPay
You can conveniently pay the bills by connecting to the site http://www.sisalpay.it .
The maximum payable limit is € 999.99. The accepted circuits are Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard and Maestro"

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2016, 3:22 pm 

Thanks Davidnam. I saw that on the Enel website but couldn't work out why they provided the IBAN's and BIC's for six different banks and which one (if any) I was supposed to use to make a bank transfer to Enel. Can anyone please confirm their IBAN and BIC numbers please?

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2016, 3:25 pm 

Incidentally, I forgot to say that when I spoke to Chebanca they put the onus on me to contact Enel and sort out my DD which had not been paid. They said that it was a problem with Enel not accepting their new details and I must insist to Enel that it was their fault and they needed to put it right!

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2016, 3:35 pm 

You CAN pay your Enel Bill yourself from your CheBanca account using 'Bank Transfer' in Payments.

Lorica

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 1:37 pm 

Hi Lorica. I am trying to do that, but cannot find out the bank details for Enel which I need to make a transfer. I put the IBAN number in from my Enel statement and Chebanca did not accept that, stating it was incorrect. I could not even see a BIC number, but the Chebanca account will not let you make a transfer without a BIC. Do you know the account details for Enel please so that I can make a bank transfer to them?
Thanks Scarlet

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 1:49 pm 

Enel Servizio Electtrico Spa
Intesa San Paola SPA
Banca Intesa S.P.A.
Sede di Roma
Via del Corso, 226
00187 Roma
Italia

BCITITMM700
IT78A0101004420000806880911

Scarlet I think this is the info you require.

Lorica

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2016, 5:40 pm 

Scarlet revised Enel info t

Enel Servizio Electtrico Spa
Banca Intesa
San Paola Spa

England

BCITITMM700
IT78A0101004420000806880911

Lorica

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 6:17 pm 

Hi Lorica. That's brilliant, thank you!..... I've just spent another hour on the phone to Italy with no joy, so I will try those details.

Thanks Scarlet