A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: CHEBANCA
PostPosted: August 12th, 2017, 8:19 am 

No Lorica. There is a lot of content on the website and I would just like to understand it all.

Barney

PostPosted: August 12th, 2017, 8:51 am 

Translate webpages in Chrome
When you come across a page written in a language you don't understand, you can use Chrome to translate the page.

On your computer, open Chrome.
Go to a webpage written in another language.
At the top, click Translate.
Chrome will translate the webpage this one time.
Not working? You can try refreshing the webpage. If you can't click Translate, the language might not be available for translation. Learn and set which languages to have Chrome translate for you.

Turn translation on or off
By default, Chrome offers to translate pages written in a language you don't understand.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2017, 10:21 am 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Hi Barney,
As Lorica has said use Google Chrome as the main browser. I don't do my translations in quite the same way that Lorica has described.
I log into the Chebanca website once you are logged into your account right click your mouse and use the drop down menu to 'Translate to English'.
It should translate into English for every page you navigate on the website (it sometimes doesn't translate some texts enclosed in a box) If not use the mouse again as described.
Bear in mind when using Chrome that when sending emails with text in Italian eg sending emails in Italian to Chebanca, Google Chrome automatically translates it into English. In these instances I use Firefox to send my emails.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2017, 5:48 pm 

Barney, in Chrome, I rightclick and select translate and it works fine.

PostPosted: August 16th, 2017, 6:40 pm 

Finally received 3 envelopes in the mail from Chebanca and successfully logged in to my account. Just waiting for the debit card to arrive.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 9:26 am 

I telephoned Chebanca yesterday and was informed that my debit card and PIN had been couriered by Fedex to me on the 16th. They gave me a tracker number and it has arrived in Swansea via Stansted, Charles de Gaulle originating from Milan.
My on line account does show a new debit card allocated to me.
Let's hope it arrives and there is no problem activating it.
The person who I was referred to re my debit card told me to press 7 after dialling the CS number to query debit cards.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 10:52 am 

David

My debit card also was delivered by FedEx and the Pin was delivered the next day also by FedEx. The cards are simple to activate.
Although 7 is the option to use it is still reliant on an English speaker being on the other end. One person I spoke to told me 'This is an Italian bank & nobody speaks English!! Most helpful.

Lorica

PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 7:25 pm 

Lorica,
I have had a similar problem when ringing CS when the person answering refuses to speak any English and doesn't pass me onto an English speaker.
What I do is ring off and ring again to speak to a different CS person who then passes me on to an English speaker if they can't speak it themselves.

Lo and behold my Debit Card and PIN arrived this afternoon by Fedex.

it's a bit strange that the number on the Debit Card is 19 digits in length.
When viewing my Card on-line the numbers for the card are 4 lots of 4 digits (16 digits) with only the last 4 digits specified.
The last 5 numbers displayed on the actual Debit card are these 4 numbers followed by 2.
Nevertheless, I activated the card alright with no problem despite this apparent inconsistency (you need your Token to do this).
It appears to be activated alright as the details of the amounts I can withdraw daily and monthly are now specified.
It would appear that my persistence in ringing CS and emailing info@chebanca inumerable times has worked. This is not the kind of service we should be getting as we are paying for having an account with them. I wonder if I will be billed for the courier service?

PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 8:27 pm 

David, that's great that you now have a key token and debit card - your perserverance has paid off. I have emailed them yet again about my key token!

PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 9:22 pm 

So you're up and running David .. great.

Has anyone actually had any bank charges taken? I haven't.

Lorica

PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 10:07 pm 

Lorica, yes 11.50 euros when transferring from Moneycorp but none when monies received from Italian rental clients

PostPosted: August 19th, 2017, 6:52 am 

I wonder if any charges are going to be taken annually rather than every couple of months with Barclays. Has anyone worked out what the charges are from the Barclays contract?

PostPosted: August 19th, 2017, 8:52 am 

I have had nothing taken from my account since Chebanca has taken over apart from, SEN, Wical and my monthly mortgage which I have been expecting. I am sure that some charges will be taken at some time as there is an administration charge for the mortgage unless it has been included in the amount they have debited. In this period I have had 4 credits paid in (rentals by individuals, Homeaway and Trip Advisor but nothing that I have credited via a FX company.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2017, 10:08 am 

I would expect bank charges to be taken at the end of this month (quarterly) if we have to pay them??

Lorica

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2017, 1:18 pm 

I have just received in the post what appears to be a Debit Card Statement.
It has been impossible this morning after about 5 attempts to speak with any CS person who speaks English to inquire about it.
It shows a zero balance as I have not used it as yet and gives the amounts one can withdraw monthly amongst other information that I will have to translate.
The strange thing about this statement is that there is nothing apart from my name and address that connects my Debit Card to the statement.
There is a 'Carta num.:' which does not match any numbers on my Debit Card or literature sent to me.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2017, 3:12 pm 

David
I've had the same this morning & the Carta num: doesn't correspond to anything on our cards either. I've just filed the letters!!

Lorica

PostPosted: August 27th, 2017, 3:18 pm 

I thought I had sorted everything with Chebanca.
I have just discovered because my wifi had been turned off that Chebanca had not paid my bimonthly bill that was due on the 31/7/17.
They had said in their paperwork they sent out that existing DD would be honoured using the temporary IBAN's they gave us until the 31st October.
It would appear that this has not been the case. I'll have to set up a new DD and transfer the amount due on-line.
Let us hope that the transfer goes out alright and my wifi will get turned back on.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2017, 9:10 pm 

You should write a book, David!!

PostPosted: August 28th, 2017, 11:28 am 

I think we all could write a lot about the variety of problems we have had with Barclays Italia, and then the subsequent treatment we have experienced with the sale of the bank to Chebanca.
I have now just paid my overdue bill to Wical which was confirmed by them by email.
Instead of setting up a Direct Debit I have set up a bimonthly Standing Order ( Bonifici ricorrenti) commencing the end of September. The invoice I get bimonthly is always the same amount.
I have also checked that the new correct IBAN was sent to SEN/Enel so that should be fine now and my last bill was paid at the end of July.
Let's see at the end of September whether all my instructions to Chebanca have gone through and I'll have wifi next week when I get to Santa Maria di Ricadi.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 5:05 pm 

Just looked at my account and €11.50 has been put into my account. No explanation or notification. I assume this is due to my complaint about taking money from my deposit of euros. Still nothing about the debit card. Has anyone else been reimbursed?

PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 8:14 pm 

Yep we got the €11.50 back too :)

Lorica

PostPosted: September 1st, 2017, 11:07 am 

Well done Beauyash and Lorica for your reimbursements.
It really is a nonsense that some Chebanca staff don't know what they are doing. I am glad that the information that I was given regarding euro deposits are not charged. At least we know that they do reimburse for incorrect debits such as these and the €200 they took from my now defunct Barclays debit card in April.
I am crossing all my fingers and toes that my new debit card will work when I get to Calabria next week. I don't intend to take any cash out with me.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2017, 4:27 pm 

We are thinking of calling into cheBanca branch on our drive back to the UK. We will either fill in forms for debit cards or cancel our account. Has anyone cancelled their bank account and if so I am assuming there will be a charge and hopefully we can walk out with our euros? Any advice welcomed.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2017, 7:34 pm 

I have not received the 11.50 refund!

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2017, 11:29 am 

Evie,
Try CS and send an email reminder to info@chebanca.it.
If failing with them there is a complaint procedure I read somewhere which you can use.
We shouldnt let them get away with anything otherwise it will happen all the time.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2017, 11:48 am 

David

I'm not so sure there are bank charges on our accounts. It's now 3 months since we transferred to CheBanca. I would have expected any charges to have been taken by now.

Lorica

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2017, 12:38 pm 

Lorica,

I think you are correct.
I have been browsing their website and under the heading (on the left side of the page) "Request a new product" you can see a number of options including 3 different types of accounts with their T&C's. I assume we have the ' Conto Corrente' (Current Account) ie no monthly fee?

I have also seen this information (see below) but I don't think it means that these are the same cost to us with Chebanca as it is only for comparison purposes. Chebanca have not asked what my 'Profile' is unless it was given when I opened my account with Barclays.

"WHY CAN COST A CURRENT ACCOUNT?

To compare CheBanca's account! With accounts of other banks, allowing you to choose what you think most appropriate for your needs, you can use the Synthetic Cost Indicator (ISC), ie the annual cost of the account obtained by adding the items of expenditure provided by the Bank of Italy (canon , Cost of operations, etc.). VIEW ISC

ECCO CURRENT COSTS SYNTHETIC INDICATOR

Below you can see the synthetic cost indicator of your CheBanca account !. We remind you that at any time you can check the ISC of your current account also in your account expense list that you can see in the Digital Archive in the right menu.

Profile Door Online
Young 47,08 € 36,00 €
Families with low operating costs 51.08 € 36,00 €
Families with Medium Operations 64,32 € 45,24 €
Families with high operational efficiency 108,32 € 85.24 €
Retired with operativita 'low 51.08 € 36,00 €
Retired with operativita 'average 104,32 € 85.24 €

Please note that the ISC expresses an indicative cost that may differ from the actual cost incurred during the year. The reasons for the possible deviation can be attributed to several factors, such as the presence of a different number of transactions than the profile in which the Customer has identified, or the presence of different types of transactions carried out compared to those assumed by Bank of Italy.

In addition to the cost of the account, the statutory duty of € 34.20 must be considered, any interest accrued on the account and the account opening costs. The costs shown in the table are guidelines and relate to 6 operating profiles, merely indicative - established by the Bank of Italy - of current accounts with no credit. To learn more go to http://www.bancaditalia.it".

I have also found out that my email address and telephone number is recorded on their system, both of these were incorrect. I managed to correct my email address but not my phone number. The telephone number format is for Italian telephone numbers which is not the UK format !
I needed to use my key token to correct my email address.
What was the comment by a CS person "This is an Italian bank for Italians".

PostPosted: September 6th, 2017, 10:32 pm 

Hi Folks,
My new Debit Card (Chebanca Card / Bancomat) has worked fine. I managed to take out €500 yesterday and the same amount today. I hope to take out another €500 tomorrow and that will bring me up to my monthly withdrawal limit.

PostPosted: September 7th, 2017, 9:47 am 

Thanks for letting us know David.
Enjoy your holiday.

Lorica

PostPosted: September 15th, 2017, 9:00 pm 

Well we called into the Villa Tuscolana branch this morning. All they produced was a printed form that I had to sign, nothing else to fill in. Why wouldn't CheBanca post, email this to us instead of insisting we have to visit a branch. Now have to wait and see if the card etc turns up.

PostPosted: September 18th, 2017, 10:55 am 

Hi Beauyash,
That should do the trick. They seem to have various ways for clients to apply for a Debit Card.
Good luck that it turns up fairly soon.
Give it a week and call CS to see what the sitauation is. They should be able to tell you your status if you can get through to an English speaker!
Alternatively, if you go on-line and check the menu for Debit Card you may see the card and the card number allocated to you with it flagging not activated. If this does appear you will know it is in hand.

PostPosted: October 4th, 2017, 5:10 pm 

Cannot believe it. Received a CheBanca debit card and pin number through the normal post. Did not have to sign for them. Now just have to do the online part.

PostPosted: October 4th, 2017, 7:42 pm 

A result Beauyash!!

Lorica

PostPosted: October 5th, 2017, 11:56 am 

Good for you Beauyash, persistence does work. You getting them in them in the post via your branch was different to my experience who had them via a courier. This was because of my complaint to CS and that I wanted them within 2 weeks as I was going out to Calabria.

btw my September Wical bill was paid by Standing Order that I had set up although 3 days late, but maybe that was because the due date was the 29th a Friday!
I set up this by SO rather than DD as the bimonthly bills are the same amounts and it was simple to do it on-line.
I will wait for end of November to see if it does get paid again as they have been instructed before I am fully satisfied that everything is alright.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2017, 2:36 pm 

Thanks Lorica and davidnam. It is certainly confusing that when you go to activate the card that online shows 16 numbers but the card has 19 numbers plus an extra number than the online numbers shown. I have activated but not likely to use for several months so hope it won't be deactivated due to lack of use.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2017, 12:38 pm 

I found the difference in the numbers on the card and on-line confusing but after activation it did work alright.
I shouldn't think that not using your card fora a few months will deactivate it.
Check your card on-line to see if it has activated correctly and view what you are allowed to take out monthly etc. It will show when you use it the balance you can take out for that month.

PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 10:48 pm 

I needed to change my temporary CheBanca BIC and IBAN details with the new details I have been given with an advertising rental portal.
I have attempted to use the MICSITM3 (and MICSITM3XXX) to amend my bank details. I kept getting a 'not a valid BIC' message' but the IBAN was accepted. I have contacted the website CS and they say they cannot match the BIC and IBAN.
I believe somebody in the past had a similar problem, can this person if they see this posting and advise what they did to resolve the problem?
I have tried to contact the CS of Chebanca but can't seem to get through to them. Maybe it is because it was Saturday. I thought that they supposed to give a 24/7 service!!

PostPosted: October 8th, 2017, 11:00 pm 

David, I had a problem with the BIC when trying to do Moneycorp transfers. The original BIC we were told last year never worked. The new BIC I was given this year didn't work either but it did when I changed the '3' to '2' at the end.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2017, 1:28 pm 

I have finally manged to telephone Chebanca today after 4 attempts regarding my BIC.
They have de-activated the MICSITM3 and the BIC to use now is MICSITM1. This was accepted when I used it this morning.
It would have been normal practrice to inform customers of this or at least change it in ones bank details when you view them on their Home Banking site. Should I be surprised at this from CheBanca !!

It appears that they have amended the numbers you have to dial to get to a cs person. There is an extra number to dial.
What I had to dial after ringing the .....4141 was number 8, then 2, input my Codice d'accesso 8 digits, date of birth ddmmyy format and Codice cliente 5 digits. You are then asked to dial another number which was 1 to get through to someone. I must say the CS gentleman spoke excellent English and was very helpful.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2017, 7:56 pm 

I received this email (translated using Google translate)from CheBanca yesterday.
"Dear Customer,

we inform you that from 22nd of November 2017 the Mastercard® SecureCodeTM service, the simple and free system of anti-fraud protection for online transactions, will be modified to ensure greater security.

If Mastercard® SecureCodeTM is already on its card, since 22 November 2017 the service will be blocked.

You can activate it again from your Customer Area (Security Management section), calling Customer Service at 800.10.10.30, at one of our facilities, or by contacting your referral consultant.

What will change?
Your personal password will be replaced by a one-time password (Password One Time) that will receive via SMS every time you make an online purchase line.

Learn more about your referral consultant or chebanca.it".

I assume this is for those with a Mastercard Credit Card and not a Maestro Debit (Bancomat) card which I have and this is licensed by Mastercard International.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2017, 1:16 pm 

it would appear it is for on-line purchases so should not affect those using their debit Card at an ATM.
"Dear Customer,

since November 22, 2017, the new Mastercard SecureCode service is active, which makes online transactions even simpler and more secure.

What has changed?

Your personal password has been replaced by a one-time password sent by SMS every time you make an online purchase.

Upon confirmation of payment, customers who have activated the new Mastercard SecureCode:
will be redirected to the CheBanca page! dedicated to Mastercard SecureCode;
they will receive a free SMS, on the mobile number selected when activating the service, with a one-time password;
they will have to enter the temporary password in the appropriate field of the page;
payment will be processed safely.

If your card (Credit Card, Pocket Account or Debit Card) was already in Mastercard SecureCode, as of November 22, 2017, the service will be blocked and will not be able to complete any online purchase on sites that require Mastercard SecureCode.

You will have to reactivate it on each card it holds, calling Customer Service at 800.10.10.30 or calling from abroad at 0039.02.32004141."

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2017, 3:48 pm 

David

That’s how I read this notice too.

Lorica

PostPosted: December 8th, 2017, 1:38 pm 

Just to let you know that my second bi-monthly Wical bill was paid by Chebanca as per instructions. Good to know that this works.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2017, 9:20 pm 

progress indeed, David

PostPosted: December 15th, 2017, 12:50 pm 

After 6 months since I sent my signed request for the key token and also my id (passport), I received my key token this morning. An early Christmas present!!

PostPosted: December 16th, 2017, 11:16 am 

I assume that all have received an email from Chebanca stating that to contact Chebanca from March 2018 the info@chebanca email address will no longer be used and is being changed to a form one has to fill in from the Home Banking website.

PostPosted: December 16th, 2017, 11:48 am 

Thanks for this. No I haven't seen anything from CheBanca. Let's hope it means a better/quicker service.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2017, 6:58 pm 

Hi beauyash,
I received the notice by email and in my messages in my Home banking. Chck it out.

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 12:02 am 

Hi there,
I wonder if anyone could help me please regarding my Chebanca account. When we changed from Barclays over to Chebanca several months back I spoke to a guy from CS and he gave me all the new log in details and everything was working fine logging in ect.
I use a company GCEN to transfer funds over but they have just got back to me saying November’s had been payed but Decembers transfer had been returned. He told me to check that my account details ect had not been changed. I tried to log into my account but am having problems getting in as there is a letter in with the digits. I had previously been using and it and now it won’t let me put it in. Since reading all of the posts it seems I have not received any new information regarding all of the changes. I have been trying to call CS for several days but not having any luck. Please could someone advice me on what I should have received and what to do. Many thanks Debbie

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2017, 12:03 pm 

Hi Debbie.
Firstly, have you got a Key Token?
Your best bet it to email info@chebanca.it and explain your problems .. send the email high importance!
Include your telephone number and ask them to call you.

Lorica

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next