A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: CHEBANCA
PostPosted: July 14th, 2017, 4:15 pm 

Yes Lorica have done all this. Have even had an email saying bancomat on way. Have received my key token. Chased this up as now in Italy and got this reply in an email. Who would open an account with no way of obtaining your money?

PostPosted: July 14th, 2017, 4:35 pm 

Exactly!

Lorica

PostPosted: July 14th, 2017, 4:53 pm 

I received a phone call today telling me I too did not have a contract for cards.i had 2 with Barclay's.i have sent all info that Che Banca asked for twice since April! I have still not received a token.Now they tell me a form is required which I can pick up from one of their branches to apply for a card naturally my reply is not to be put in print! They now say they will email it and will send the token but this has all been said before. It is a disgrace that we are being treated this way and cannot access our own money.Iam going to find out if possible a email address to report them to the Italian banking authority.i pay for my account which included having the ability to have a debit card which no doubt most of you also do.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2017, 11:18 am 

Could anyone who has received cards from Che Banca please tell me if they completed a form requesting these cards.Thank you.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2017, 11:57 am 

I received cards & PIN numbers this week.
I did NOT have to complete a form to get the cards. I wrote & signed a letter requesting them then sent the letter back to info@chebanca along with a copy of passports.

Lorica

PostPosted: July 15th, 2017, 12:38 pm 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Hi Doodles,
Check my postings on the 4th and 10th July re this topic.
I only emailed info@chebanca my request as Lorica did.
Mind you, I still haven't had anything from them and I am away from the 19th until the 3rd of August.
If they do arrive I'll have to leave a note for the couriers to go tor my neighbour to sign for the letters if required.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2017, 3:27 pm 

Thank you Lorica and Davidnam.I sent copies of passports fiscales and a written request for cards twice and yet they say I need a form.It seems the right hand does not know what the left is doing.Iwas told to send info to clients services then info @chebanca which I have done and still to be told a form is required which I can pick up at a branch,the nearest one to me being in Messina!!

PostPosted: July 18th, 2017, 1:51 pm 

Hi Folks,
It's like waiting for a bus, nothing for ages then several come at the same time!
This morning I received 3 letters in the post (all had to be signed for).
They were my Current account access codes in two letters (the codes work) and my key token.

With the letter informing me of my Codice Cliente a plastic card with my code was included and a grid of 64 three random digit numbers 1-9 and A-H. With the explanation being 'I codici dispositivi sono richiesti per effettuare le operazioni' (Device codes are required to perform the operations) with arrows highlighting two numbers on the grid.
Does anybody know what these are for, I wonder if it is a security system if you don't have a key token?

Whilst browsing my account I checked my 'Messages' and under the message heading of

'Debit card and KeyToken - RICHIESTA_CLIENTE - 06/19/2017

'Dear Customer, Thank you for contacting us, by testing the access codes were invited on 13.6.2017 please to wait. For any questions you can contact us at 800 10 10 30 8 key or from abroad on +39 02 32 00 41 41 soon 8A button,'
The interesting aspect of this message is it's date and that 8A (where do you find the 'A'?) maybe the English speaking CS number to dial when it eventually goes live.

Also saw this on the top of my account page
'You have requested a CheBanca Charter !: If you have received and you are in possession of the PIN activate it from the dedicated function. If you have not received the verification card if you can request a new one by clicking HERE'

When clicking 'Charter Chebanca!' tab a copy of my Maetro Bancomat card appeared with my Card details

'CARD INFORMATION

Here are the details of your card CheBanca!

Charter CheBanca !:
**** **** **** **** (the last four digits were given)
Debit Account
IT 40 N 03058 01604 ************
State
Paper to be activated' Summary updated at 07.18.2017'

I assume this means my debit card is in the post and they name the Debit card Charter Chebanca?.

It appears they may be getting their act together, but very slowly!

PostPosted: July 18th, 2017, 3:08 pm 

David

I've no idea what what the 1-9 or A-H mean as you have your Key Token now.
CheBanca charter does mean Debit card will you will need to activate it on-line when it arrives.

Lorica

PostPosted: July 18th, 2017, 11:08 pm 

That's great David, at least there's some progress at last.

PostPosted: July 19th, 2017, 9:59 am 

Hi Lorica,
It is strange that when I clicked CheBanca Charter that a copy of my Debit card appears.
I believe that I will have to authenticate my Debit card when it arrives, if it arrives when I am away for the next fortnight!

PostPosted: July 19th, 2017, 11:30 am 

David

When your CheBanca card appears does it say to activate? Of course you won't be able to do this until you receive the card & pin.
Going anywhere nice?

Lorica

PostPosted: July 20th, 2017, 9:04 am 

I will let you know if and when I receive it. Info@chebanca.it mailed me yesterday to inform me that my token and debit card has been sent. I have had the token we will see when get back from Scotland n 2 weeks if it has arrived. I am sure that I will have to authenticate on-line when i receive it. I will keep you informed.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2017, 8:06 pm 

We transferred €1120 to our account on Wed. The transfer has been credited to our account BUT CheBanca have deducted €12.50.

Lorica

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2017, 7:52 am 

That's annoying. More hassle to get your money back. Good luck.

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2017, 9:56 am 

Lorica, as i mentioned above I did a 50 euro test from Moneycorp and CheBanca took 12.50 fee. I emailed them about it but no response. However when I received money from Italian rental clients then no fee was taken. Still no key token.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 9:34 am 

Had a call from nice lady from Chebanca who checked my details and promised to mail key token and debit card - I live in hope !!

PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 10:54 am 

Mimosa

That's what CheBanca do ... they phone check your details & then post out.
I am in the middle of querying why €11.50 was deducted from our transfer of €1120 last week.

Lorica

PostPosted: July 26th, 2017, 10:39 pm 

I am pleased for you Mimosa but I have had this more than 3 times and still
nothing!! They tell me I have to fill in a form for the cards and yet others have received them without a form.I have sent the info they requested twice and still nothing.It must be against even Italian banking regulations that a person is unable to access or withdraw money from their own account!Their customer service is awful.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2017, 8:20 am 

It does appear that the left-hand not knowing what the right-hand is doing.
After a phone call from CheBanca calling their CS's many times without success the email to info@chebanca.it with the details I highlighted in my posting on the 4th July seems to have had some success.
It took longer than I was told they would arrive but my new access codes and token did arrive. I hope that whilst I have been away on holiday that my debit card and pin will be there when I get home at the beginning of August.

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2017, 11:30 am 

Finally had a response about the charge taken from my payment in
"Dear Customer,

concerning ....€, we confirm that are a fees charged by Chebanca. You can verify this charge in the attached document (page 2/10 of "Dynamic"current account Summary of Terms and conditions or page 7/19 of the entire pdf document)."

Unfortunately no attached documents. So it would appear that if we pay into our account, even if in euros we are charged.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2017, 10:13 am 

Hi Beauash,
I suppose we ex Barclays clients have "Dynamic current account".
Strange that the lady who spoke to me from CS said that no charge should be levied and that the credits I have had into my account don't appear to have anything levied against them. The amounts received were exactly what I expected.

On the matter of my Debit Card (Chebanca Card). Still no sign of it or PIN number. I checked again and I do have a Card with a 16 digit designated number.
I have written once again to info@chebanca.it and will try and call CS today.
I only have a month before I fly to Calabria and need the card to have some cash. I don't particularly want to exchange money as I have sufficient in my account.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2017, 11:04 am 

We have a 'Progressive' account & have also had this €11.50 deducted from a transfer. I was sent a copy of our contract that showed these charges (by the way the copy of the contract sent was indeed the Barclays contract)
In the 9 years of having an account there has never been any money deducted from a transfer.
I am in communication with CheBanca who have passed on my query to the office of 'Competance' :)

Lorica

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2017, 5:45 pm 

Lorica, there's not a lot of competence by CheBanca!

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2017, 5:55 pm 

Evie

That's exactly why I added the smilie :)

Lorica

PostPosted: August 4th, 2017, 12:40 pm 

Received the copy of the contract and it is the Barclays one. It clearly states bancomat on my contract so that is another fight to have.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2017, 9:56 am 

No point in having the Barclays account contract as we are with Chebanca.
I had a "Progressive account" with Barclays but cannot see the type or name of my current account online.
Yesterday I contacted CS and was told that my Debit Card and PIN were sent on the same date as the access codes and token were sent. He said that he would contact 'Logistics' and get them to call me.
As expected nobody has called.
There is a feature on the websitre to apply for a new Debit card but I am reluctant to apply as there is one supposed to be on its way to me and I have been allocated a card with the 16 digit number that I can see on the website.
It's so frustrating!

PostPosted: August 6th, 2017, 2:03 pm 

David

I believe we are still on the Barclays contract. I too have a 'Progressive' account.

Lorica

PostPosted: August 7th, 2017, 8:55 am 

Lorica,
If we are still on the Barclays contract I was never charged for any euro transfers in my nine years with them.
David

PostPosted: August 7th, 2017, 4:58 pm 

We had a dynamic account with Barclays and never paid transfer fees.
Che Banca state in their letter outlaying the changes of the take over that Barclay cards will become null and void but they would be substituted by cards with the mark of Che banca along with a Pin to your address.Where are they??What is the problem??
I am paying for this account !!

PostPosted: August 7th, 2017, 8:15 pm 

David
That is exactly why I contacted Info@chebanca who have told me they have passed my query onto the office of 'Competence' ... as yet no reply!

Had anyone had any bank charges deducted since the change over to CheBanca??? I haven't.

Lorica

PostPosted: August 7th, 2017, 9:20 pm 

I have now received my token!! I now need a bancomat card.The bank has told a friend of mine who is with chebanca that you have to sign a form or go to a branch to do this. Yet some on this forum have said they have a card without a form!! This is not what they said in the letter they sent to everyone when they were buying Barclay's.They made it sound as if they would change them over & it would done quickly.HaHa!!

PostPosted: August 7th, 2017, 9:41 pm 

Doodles

Compose a letter in Word asking CheBanca to send you a debit card. Put your account number, address & telephone number on the letter. Print the letter off & sign it. Scan & attach it to an email along with a copy of your passport. Send to info@Chebanca.it. Send it High Importance!

Lorica

PostPosted: August 7th, 2017, 11:35 pm 

Lorica, I did a letter like that to request a key token ages ago but no joy. Re fees, I did a test transfer using Moneycorp for 50 euros and was charged 12.50 fee whereas 2 Italian rental clients paid into the account and there were no fees.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2017, 8:15 am 

Evie

If you transferred €50 but you only received €38.50 you had €11.50 deducted.
This is the same amount that I had deducted from €1.120 transfer. So it looks like this is a standard fee for a foreign transfer.
Hopefully the office of 'Competence' will have a good explanation?!
Re your Key Token ... keep badgering them until you get one.

Lorica

PostPosted: August 8th, 2017, 10:31 am 

The inconsistencies and incompetence with Chebanca's operation are now legend with us Forum users.
They informed me that they sent my Debit Card on the 19th July but I have still not received it. I have contacted them at least three times but still no card.
I am going to send info@chebanca.it the Forum url of our conversations with regards to Chebanca to see if that will help them to understand our problems and frustrations.
Anyone know the email or address of the MD or CEO of Chebanca so I can send this to them as well?

PostPosted: August 8th, 2017, 10:43 am 

Thank you lorica but I have done what u suggested twice along with my fiscale code.
A friend who also is with chebanca was basically told it was a bank for Italians!
Barclay's are at fault for selling to a incompetent bank..We should find out the address of the Banking authority ,assuming there is one,and complain.We pay for this account,how can it be allowed that we cannot access our own money!
For now I will take out a FX card with euros to take with me rather than take cash.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2017, 11:02 am 

I have just sent this email with an Italian translation to info@chebanca.it.
Let's see if this gets them moving and whether they will send me the details of their MD and or CEO.

"Dear Sir/ Madam,
Please refer this email to the appropriate senior member of you Customer Services to check out this link to see the problems we ex-Barclays clients are having with Chebanca.
Can you send me the email or postal address of your Managing Director and or the Chief Executive Officer.
Please have the courtesy to acknowledge receipt of this email.

http://www.calabrianforum.com/viewtopic ... 693#p37693

Thank you,
David Nam
Acc no. XXXXXXXX

PostPosted: August 9th, 2017, 9:45 am 

I have just been on the telephone (Skype) for the last 20 minutes regarding my Debit Card. Thank goodness it is Skype I use as their costs are reasonable.
This is the 5th call I have made to CS since Friday. I was told on Monday to ring back today to see what progress had been made by logistics.
False start with first call the CS person stated there were no English speakers. I rang back again spoke to another CS person and managed to be transferred to a man who spoke English. He then transferred me to Logistics who after some time managed to get someone else who spoke English. I eventually got my message through that the Debit card that had been sent had not been received and was probably lost in the post.
He said he would send a new one with a new number.
Will it arrive before the end of the month?, Will the new allocated number complicate matters as a card with a particular number has been allocated to me and can be seen on my on-line Chebanca account? I will be checking my on-line account daily to see if the card number changes.
What a saga this is turning out to be I will keep you informed if the card and PIN turns up.

Not understanding any Italian I have had difficulties getting through to someone in CS not knowing what to dial when being prompted in Italian.
I have now discovered the way to ring CS and to get through to someone who can see your bank details on their screen without them requesting any security details.
After dialling the CS number ending 4141, dial 8, then after being prompted in Italian type in your Codice Cliente, then after the next verbal prompt dial your DOB in day month year format xxxxxx (no spaces and not the 4 digits for the year of birth as when logging into your on-line account). After the next prompt type in your codice d'accesso. You should then get a dial tone to speak to someone.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2017, 10:05 am 

Forgot to mention that yesterday I tried the Chebanca Chat line for the first time.
I used Google translate, copy and paste to communicate. It worked, a bit slow from my side typing in my responses and using Google translate for her replies as well.
The upshot of it was that she would inform Logistics that I had not received my card and to send me a new one.
I have tried everything now except communicate with their MD, CEO or Director General.

PostPosted: August 9th, 2017, 3:57 pm 

I wrote
account having charges taken from the amount

Thank you for this copy of my Barclays contract.  What I cannot understand is how I was never charged by Barclays for Euro payments into my account in all the years I was with Barclays Italy.  Also the contract clearly states that we both had a Debit card but now I am being told that my contract did not include Debit cards so we now need to go to a CheBanca branch to get a Debit card.

Please explain these discrepancies

They have responded

Dear Customer,

we inform you that we haven't change your contract that yuo have signed with Barcalys, but it's possible that you have particular conditidion; in this case we have need to receive your contract with evidence of this condition.

Best regards

PostPosted: August 9th, 2017, 5:46 pm 

I think we could write a CheBanca saga book!! Thankfully I don't use a debit card but still no key token. They would try the patience of a saint!

PostPosted: August 10th, 2017, 9:28 am 

I had a call from +39 02 320040 (that was recorded on my mobile) yesterday but didn't hear the call. I called back but the number was incorrect. Looking at it there are two digits missing from the number and it is obviously a Chebanca number.
Hope they call back to today and I will keep, my mobile with me.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2017, 3:45 pm 

I have now discovered the the two missing digits is a deliberate ploy to prevent nuisance calls back to them!
I emailed info@chebanca to try and find out who called me but they sent this automated message back.
"Buonasera,
la informiamo che non possiamo evadere la sua richiesta, rimaniamo a disposizione per qualsiasi chiarimento al numero 800 10 10 30, tasto 4, attivo dal lunedì al venerdì dalle ore 8.00 alle ore 22.00 e il sabato dalle ore 8.00 alle ore 14.00.
A presto,
Gianluca
Team CheBanca!
Good evening,
We inform you that we can not avoid its request, we will be available for any clarification at 800 10 10 30, key 4, active Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 10.00 pm and Saturdays from 8.00 am to 2.00 pm.
See you soon,
Gianluca
Team CheBanca!"
It is August after all and the info team are on holiday.

Failing this I called CS who checked that the person who called me was at lunch and would ring me back. I explained the problem with my mobile and gave my landline number.
Lo and behold, she rang me back within a quarter of an hour.
She had been trying to ring me regarding my Debit Card and PIN. Obviously my persistence had got through to them

I explained the situation and after several authentication processes on the telephone and using my token as well she said that my card and PIN would be sent via a courier and not in the post. I even had a choice of the card and PIN being sent separately or together, I chose the latter.
I mentioned to her that there are many other ex-Barclays clients who are having these problems with Debit cards and tokens. She did acknowledge this and said they were trying to address the problems.

I now have to wait patiently and see if it arrives by courier in the next week or so. I'll keep you all posted.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2017, 10:29 pm 

Is there any way to see Che Blanca website in English?
There is a lot of content when you log in to read but I can't get it to translate.
Am I doing something wrong?

Barney

PostPosted: August 11th, 2017, 7:28 am 

Barney

If you go into CheBanca through 'Chrome' you can translate the majority of it.

Lorica

PostPosted: August 11th, 2017, 9:41 am 

Hi Lorica,

For some reason it says on my computer "This page could not be translated"
I just got my codes sorted after months of no access.

Barney

PostPosted: August 11th, 2017, 9:49 am 

Barney

Is that going in through 'Chrome' It won't translate everything. Are you having troubles?
I'll PM you my telephone number.

Lorica

PostPosted: August 11th, 2017, 10:49 pm 

Tried google chrome internet explorer same result.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2017, 7:25 am 

Barney

That's very strange.
Do you have a specific problem other than not being able to translate into English.

Lorica

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next