A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: One Month Euribor
PostPosted: November 11th, 2015, 12:12 pm 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
The 1M Euribor reached an all time low of -0.125 on the 9th of November and the trend looks as if it is still going down.
The highest it has ever been was 4.887 in November 2000.
When I took out my Libero mortgage with Barclays in 2008 it was 4.846, so the interest rate I was paying was 6.2% fortunately only for a month or two as the rate dropped quite quickly. It is now down to 1.3%!
Good news for us with Libero mortgages and for those thinking of taking one linked to the 1M Euribor.

Post subject: Re: One Month Euribor
PostPosted: November 21st, 2015, 2:33 pm 

The 1M Euribor has reached a new record low of -0.151 on the 20th November.
With the Euro being under pressure with Fx rate at about 1.43 to the GBP and further quantatative easing being considered it will get even lower.

PostPosted: November 28th, 2015, 2:24 pm 

The 1 month Euribor reached a new low of -0.161% on the 26th November.

PostPosted: December 12th, 2015, 11:34 am 

The 1 month Euribor has now reached a new record low of -0.186% from -0.161% a fortnight ago.
I wonder if it will reach -0-2% by the end of the year?
It only translates into a couple of euros less/ month to pay in interest on my mortgage but it should be good for those contemplating purchasing a new Euro mortgage.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2015, 3:52 pm 

The 1 month Euribor reached the new record low of -0.2% yesterday.
With the Euro increasing in value recently I wonder if it will stay at this level to the 1st January when it's value is taken into consideration to calculate the mortgsage interest charged?

PostPosted: March 10th, 2016, 1:09 pm 

The 1M Euribor reached an all time low of -0.291% yesterday.
Will it get to -0.3% or below soon with the possibility today of a reduction in interest rate and further QE to be announced for the Euro?

PostPosted: May 6th, 2016, 10:15 am 

1M Euribor reached -0.345 yesterday. I don't think it will get much lower.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2016, 3:49 pm 

But bank spread ?

PostPosted: May 7th, 2016, 10:26 am 

My spread on my Libero mortgage with Barclays is 1.4% when we purchased in September 2009 which makes my present interest rate only 1.055%. I only pay about €50 / month interest on my mortgage so the small changes in the rate translates to a few cents / month interest. I was considering paying it all off but I can earn more interest on my capital elsewhere.
The 1M Euribor in September 2009 was around 4% (ie 5.4% interest rate) but fortunately dropped dramatically in October / November 2009 to below 1% and to a negative figure in early 2015.
I suppose that the bank spread is now higher for new mortgages.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2016, 10:44 am 

Ok , but Barclays in Italy stop all mortgages and mortgage offices ,
consequentely No more mortgages by Barclays is possible to anyone

your experience may not be repeated by others :(

https://www.barclays.it/Privati.aspx

http://ricerca.repubblica.it/repubblica ... ano09.html

PostPosted: May 9th, 2016, 12:11 pm 

Thank you for reminding me that Barclays has agreed to sell its retail business to MedioBanca Corporation / CheBanca and that is the reason they are no longer in the mortgage business in Italy.
Your reminder promted me to telephone Barclays and was told that they are still waiting to complete their negotiations re the sale of their Retail business. From what I gathered from the convesation (difficult to understand the CS person at times) that they are selling the current account side of things so the mortgage business may still carry on with Barclays.
I just hope that they can do the transfer of accounts, direct debits, issuing of debit / credit cards etc. electronically something like the 'Switching Service' we have here in UK when swapping banks. This will save us a lot of stress and hassle.
The 1M Euribor has started to drop a little again reaching -0.348% last Friday.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2016, 12:27 pm 

You can transfer all your accounts and even mortgages, and you can also open new current deposit accounts, but only PREMIER, ie asset management and minimum deposit of 100,000-euro .

Barclays, collects and brings home, but does not deliver more mortgages - the agent network has not existed for a few months and also the period, given to agents, to close the proceedings in progress, is completed by 18-April 2016.

Now for "touch" an employee of Barclays in Italy now you need to go to one of seven bank branches remained active.

Barclays, in this way, has solved its financial problems and also made a great disservice, to his image in Italy.

The clientservice service, email remains active , it seems that the headquarters of Milan, about 20 people have remained.

for more see > https://www.barclays.it/faq.aspx

for modules to switch > https://www.barclays.it/Trasparenza.aspx

appear that DO NOT EXIST correspondet page in inglish ...

PostPosted: June 9th, 2016, 4:49 pm 

Yesterday the 1M Euribor was down to new record low of -0.352.
It will be interesting to see what happens to this after the 23rd June.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2016, 4:59 pm 

This mean that you receive money from barclays ?

PostPosted: June 9th, 2016, 10:20 pm 

Ha Ha!! Unfortunately no they won't. With the spread at 1.4% my interest rate is only 1.05%.
I could not see the 1M Euribor dropping to less than -1.4% but what will happen to the Euribor if the UK leave the EU on the 23rd?

PostPosted: June 9th, 2016, 11:42 pm 

In order to inform my voting, David, do you think leaving the EU will increase or decrease my mortgage interest? An educated guess is fine, I won't hold you to it!

PostPosted: June 10th, 2016, 5:23 am 

David, in Italy the minus sign in the Euribor rate, shall be deducted from the spread, for both variable rate and for the fixed. Example - French calculation mortgage, 25 year duration , have variable interest rate 1.35% - 0.350 = 1.00% - 1.95% fixed interest rate and fixed - basis one month euribor - in euro - with or without brexit

PostPosted: June 10th, 2016, 12:23 pm 

Hi Evie,
If we leave the GBP will drop 12% to the Euro according to the pundits.
When the GBP has been strong against the Euro the Euribor has been in negative territory and has reduced my mortgage rate. I don't really know what will happen but I suspect that if we leave the EU mortgage rates will rise in UK as well as in Europe.
In my mind we must stay in the EU for so many reasons particularly as far as the economy is concerned. All the International and UK independent financial experts have predicted an economic downturn if we leave. they cannot all be wrong.
The big argument for the Leave campaign is about immigration. Whoever wins this refrendum illegal immigration will carry on. Their argument about unlimited EU immigration is also fraudulent. EU nationals are only coming to UK to work and contribute to the exchequer and make Britain successful. They will stop coming if they cannot find work or will not want to come if Britain goes into a recession. We must not forget that UK citizens also work in the EU, it's a two way process which benefits us all.
The so called British Natiional of today is made up mainly from the invaders / immigrants from Europe over the centuries. It has made Britain the country it is today with it's diverse customs, cultures and values simulated over the years from these peoples.
I have already posted my ballot paper to REMAIN.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2016, 12:43 pm 

Hi all,
in the 80s, for business reasons, I often went in uk, so I saw the immigraztion year to year, before the Indians, then Italians, then the Spanish, then the Chinese. And every year, the previous year's immigrants, by the longshoremen, became the first waiters, then restaurant owners, then economists. Now I believe that the uk is inhabited by many ethnic groups, and that all these ethnic groups, until practically the British today. This thing happens in all countries with a stronger economy of that from which immigration is born, and so slowly, all the way will become one people. This process can not be stopped, the only alternative would be thundering to the caves and the exchange of shells.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2016, 10:03 pm 

Thanks David for your opinion. I have 1 week to decide!

PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 10:59 am 

Hi Evie,
Just realised you are in N. Ireland so have extra worries to contend with.
If we do vote out what is going to happen with the large amount of cross border trade that goes on now between the north and south. Will there be the possibly of border and customs posts set up or will an agreement be made to allow free access across the border? These are just two points that come to mind straoght away. I am sure there will be other complications as well if we are out of the EU.
The GBP has dropped to 1.26 since the polls have shown the possibility of a leave win. A low GBP can have its advantageos when trading but I'm afraid that all the big financial insitutions and overseas investors will pull their Hq's out of UK and relocate in the EU including southern Ireland and the UK would lose thousands of jobs.
At the end of the day who was it that said 'It's the economy stupid'?
I don't think we should take the risk us going into a recession so we should REMAIN.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2016, 11:14 am 

The proverbial has hit the fan and the so called 'Fear campign' of the Remainers is proving correct with the stock market and GBP losing in value and the possibility of further recession down the line.
I believe for the sake of the British economy we cannot leave the 'Single Market, we will have to accept the freedom of EU nationals to come to UK, we will have to pay for this privilidge possibly more than what we were paying.
In other words we will be worse off than to have stayed in and we will not have any influence on the new Rules and Laws of the EU.
Goodness knows what is going to happen between the borders Eire and N. Ireland who voted to Remain. With Scotland and Gibralter voting overwhelmingly for Remain, also London, Ceredigion in Wales and a few other areas in England one could argue that the UK is no longer 'United'.

Despite the GBP getting as low as 1.2 to the Euro the1M Euribor has reached and stabilised in the last few days at a record -0.364. I wonder where it will go with all the uncertainy of a Brexit.

Post subject: One Month Euribor
PostPosted: August 13th, 2016, 9:38 am 

I am sitting in an airport lounge after one month away on my way home. I took a peek at the forum about three weeks ago and was shocked and amazed at what was going on. So I left it until now to look again, what a turbulent month its been. The music forum seems to have died and now, I believe, I may have to use my own name. Great news for burglar Bill. I have a lot of reading and catching up to do when I get home but initially it looks like a superb forum has some how lost the way.

PostPosted: August 24th, 2016, 10:18 pm 

The 1 month Euribor reached its lowest level of -0.71% but has stabilised at -0.69% this past 3 weeks.
I thought it would have gained since Brexit and the GBP losing about 15% against the Euro?

PostPosted: August 24th, 2016, 10:35 pm 

davidnam wrote:
The 1 month Euribor reached its lowest level of -0.71% but has stabilised at -0.69% this past 3 weeks.
I thought it would have gained since Brexit and the GBP losing about 15% against the Euro?

You know that have an italian bank that DECRESE the negative euribor by the mortgage spread ....?