A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 4th, 2013, 4:06 pm 

Please forgive me if this has been asked before,

I have a barclays Italia account which is driving me up the wall with cost and inconveniance. I was in my local Royal Bank Of Scotland today and noticed on some printed leaflet the below is a pasted part of it

Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) Direct Debits

The move towards a Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) greatly simplifies
cross-border payments within Europe, effectively creating one borderless
payments zone. This enables companies to benefit from enhanced
cash flow control, account consolidation, improved reconciliation and
streamlined business processes across Europe.
All banks offering euro direct debit services are required to support SEPA Direct Debits. As a result, companies
are taking advantage of the benefits the scheme brings to their payment and receivables processes. The use
of SEPA Direct Debits for cross-border collections is set to increase as businesses migrate from existing
national Direct Debit instruments.
Introducing SEPA Direct Debits to our customers
With SEPA Direct Debits, your business no longer needs multiple bank accounts across Europe, or a range of
complex payment instruments, to make cross-border collections.

The deadline for this to be in place at all banks is Feb 2014,
The Royal Bank of Scotland and Ulsterbank in Ireland are due to offer this service in 2013 ahead of the deadline.

my question is will that mean I can setup a SEPA Direct debit with ENEL???? when it is available using a uk bank euro account (rather pay the uk bank the monthly fee for the account and actually be able to go into the branch and speak to them)
Can anyone else shed some light on this subject, whether good or bad,

dups

PostPosted: January 4th, 2013, 4:49 pm 

Dups

You can set up a direct debit to Enel through your Barclays Italian account ... direct debits are free. If you have already paid Enel bills I think all you will have to do is send Barclays a copy of your last Enel bill and ask them to set up the direct debit for you. Email Roberta Benedetti and ask her advice. roberta.benedetti@barclays.it Another option is to pay the bill yourself through your Barclays Italian account, for this you will need Enel's bank details Iban and Bic code etc. There is no charge for this either.

Lorica

PostPosted: January 4th, 2013, 5:20 pm 

Lorica,

Thanks, I have the Barclays Italia online banking setup and have not decided yet if i am going to continue with Barclays italia. If it turns out i can setup a direct debit from the uk and it works out cheaper bye bye Barclays. TBH their customer service is terrible, expensive and sometimes down right rude. Just look at the topic on this forum. I maybe forced to continue with them until another solution comes forth.
I went in to the local branch of RBS and the advisor is away to see what can and cannot be done in my case. He went on to say a lot of Farmers have euro accounts as they get their european payments paid to them that way. He was going to get together as much info about costs and he was going to find out more about the new SEPA Direct debit and hopefully a start date for it. As this is the first time I have heard about this new pan european direct debit I want to find out as much as i can about it and what it will cost.

dups

PostPosted: January 4th, 2013, 5:27 pm 

If I am not mistaken you can also set up direct debit using a credit, and by the international nature of credit cards I would imagine that it would work for Enel as well. Enel may of course see this differently.

Has anybody here done Enel direct debit to a GBP credit card?

Dennis.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2013, 6:50 pm 

In response to original question, SEPA DD will be available from any 'European' (quite a wide definition, but does include UK) bank account, although originally designed for euro currency payments only now includes other currencies to any other European, so - bottom line - on or about 2014 you can set up a DD from your UK account provider (in GBP) to a European recipient (like ENEL) to EUR. However, the provider reserves the right to make charges for the currency transfer and exchange, and the time taken to make the transfer will be longer (stated as 3 days) than the promised (immediate or within 24 hours) euro to euro transfer.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2013, 7:58 pm 

That indeed sounds even better than I had thought, I hadn't realised that SEPA DD would be able to be setup from my GBP uk account thanks for that. It then all falls down to the charge the bank will charge for the service of changing it from GBP TO EUR if I have understood your answer correctly.
I am due to pop back into the branch this week to see what the advisor has found out on my behalf so will post what if anything he has found out.

Dups

PostPosted: January 7th, 2013, 3:43 pm 

Hi
We were paying our Enel bill using our Virgin credit card. We set this up a few years ago and it has been working fine. However on saturday a bill came from Enel which had not been paid. I don't understand what went wrong . We have now been told we have 10 days to pay it. I suppose next step by Enel is that they cut us off. I have scoured the Enel site but cannot see any way to set up payment on-line. AAAAAAAgh
Margaret

PostPosted: January 7th, 2013, 3:59 pm 

Hi
Another quick message to ask for help. I again went onto the Enel website and see it has a section with information about paying from abroad using a swift transfer. I'm a bit confused, it gives all the information which you need to supply then there is a list of banks. Can anyone help me here ? Can I send payment to any of these banks?
Margaret

PostPosted: January 7th, 2013, 7:27 pm 

Margaret, what's the link to the page you found?

As for online services (not sure if it includes payments currently) you can register on this English page here: https://my.enel.com/en-GB/free/Registra ... om%2fit-IT

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 3:30 pm 

I was back in the branch of RBS yesterday and managed to get some more info but as the guy I need to speak to is on holiday til next week, it will have to wait til then.
The advisor did some checking for me and had some info to hand Basically its as T Jones states in his reply that it will be possible to setup a SEPA Direct Debit to pay utilities anywhere in the EU SEPA area using a sterling uk current account. yes there will be a charge as yet the advisor has not been told what it will be.
However good news if you are an Irish bank account holder the prices for direct debits will remain or will be free depending on what type of account used . I suppose this is because the account will be allready in Euros and this is what the SEPA DD is being setup for by Feb 2014. To enable the use of 1 euro account throughout europe.

Question about ENEL once a direct debit has been setup with the bank (whichever bank) have there been problems with overpayments or under payments,
Are ENEL meters smart meters or to they take estimated amounts and refund if they have taken too much??? i am new to the ways ENEL operate .

dups

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 4:28 pm 

Hi Dups

We have had no trouble with Barclays Italy direct debits to Enel. I registered with Enel and can see all our bills back to 2008 on their website. I also chose to receive my Enel bills via email. So for me this is the best way as the direct debits are free and Enel bills need to be paid 6 times a year. We can convert money when the rate is good to keep our Barlays account topped up.
Our Enel meters are smart meters.

Lorica

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 7:28 pm 

Lorica,

Thats good to hear your experience with paying ENEL by direct debits thanks,

I wonder if anyone has any experience paying ENEL by paypal if it can be done and how easy is it to setup is there any costs etc???

Before commiting myself to a particular payment method i am trying to look at all the options open to me and more importantly the cost of the complete package.

dups

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 9:08 pm 

Hi everyone,
I've received my enel bill via email as well from august upto December 27th. We have not been in our apartment/or the apartment been rented, so why have I got different amount to pay each month? Do Enel have a standard charge each month?
Simi

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 9:48 pm 

Hi Simi

Yes there is a monthly standing charge whether you use any electricity or not. Usually the standing charge is around €8 a month.

Lorica

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 10:56 pm 

Hi Lorica,
Thanks for that.
How weired is this then, mine for December is nearly 26 euros month b4 19 & a month before 12. How often do you get the bill? Is it suppose to be evry month or every 4 months?
Simi

PostPosted: January 8th, 2013, 11:20 pm 

Hi Simi

Enel bill every 2 months. Can you get someone to check your bills out for you?

Lorics

PostPosted: January 9th, 2013, 9:32 am 

Simu,

You will receive a bill every 2 months which will comprise standard charges, which will depend on the level of supply. Ours is 6 kw so is more expensive than the standard. Full details of your supply will be on the front page under Dati Fornitura

Your bill will comprise of 4 elements on the front page under Riepilogo Importi Fatturati: -
servici di vendita - units used during the accounting period
servici di rete - network charges (based on capacity see above)
iposte - taxes
IVA - (VAT at 10%)

However Enel do make life complicated in that they will sometimes assess the charges and adjust them showing the actual usage in the following bill. This will be indicated with the word Stimata (estimated), as opposed to Attuale (actual).

The usage is split into 3 bands F1,F2,F3 which all relate to times of day, days, holidays etc.

I hope this helps rather than complicates the matter!!!

PostPosted: January 9th, 2013, 11:19 am 

Simi,
How did you get your bills emailed to you by Enel?

Gailmore

PostPosted: January 9th, 2013, 5:36 pm 

Gailmore

You have to register on the Enel website. Once you have registered there is a link asking if you want to receive your bills online.

www.prontoenel.it

Lorica

PostPosted: January 10th, 2013, 4:59 pm 

Tuffareo wrote:
Simu,

You will receive a bill every 2 months which will comprise standard charges, which will depend on the level of supply. Ours is 6 kw so is more expensive than the standard. Full details of your supply will be on the front page under Dati Fornitura

Your bill will comprise of 4 elements on the front page under Riepilogo Importi Fatturati: -
servici di vendita - units used during the accounting period
servici di rete - network charges (based on capacity see above)
iposte - taxes
IVA - (VAT at 10%)

However Enel do make life complicated in that they will sometimes assess the charges and adjust them showing the actual usage in the following bill. This will be indicated with the word Stimata (estimated), as opposed to Attuale (actual).

The usage is split into 3 bands F1,F2,F3 which all relate to times of day, days, holidays etc.

I hope this helps rather than complicates the matter!!!

Hi Tuffareo,
After reading your reply I went to check the bill but it doesnt look like you've described it, I am totally confused.
Simi

PostPosted: January 10th, 2013, 5:03 pm 

Gailmore wrote:
Simi,
How did you get your bills emailed to you by Enel?

Gailmore

Hi Gail,
My Italian friend registered for me so she must have given my email add but if they had my add why didnt they email me every two months.
I've asked Roberta to check & find out for me. Tried emailing you this morning but it didnt go through. Have had your IMU for December? Roberta said mine is there even though I asked them to send it to my UK add.
Simi

PostPosted: January 10th, 2013, 6:15 pm 

Hi Simi,

Please PM me and I will give you my email address and if you scan the bill and send it to me I can work it out for you.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2013, 3:52 pm 

Hi Tuffareo,
I PM'd you not sure if you've got it, its sitting in my outbox but when I sent it it said message successfully sent.
simi

PostPosted: June 14th, 2014, 10:58 am 

Hi,
Anybody know if Tesco who have just launched their new current account will be offering the SEPA direct debit so we can pay our utilities etc. I phoned and the guy on the other end of the phone was helpful and said he would phone back once he asked a manager but never did.

dups