A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Barclays Italia
PostPosted: August 4th, 2014, 1:56 pm 

Hi Lorica
After searching onENELs website I managed to download new direct debit mandates which I am sending with an explanatory letter, fingers cross they action in time. I'm sending by email too but their custom services facilities are not brilliant for email

PostPosted: August 4th, 2014, 9:49 pm 

i changed from enel to omnia,it was painless and straightforward and they take the payment from your uk account. much less hassle than trying to deal with barclays

PostPosted: August 5th, 2014, 8:45 am 

Tony

What are Omnia's charges are they very different from Enel??
Contract?
Standing charges?
Electricity charges?

How often are you billed?

Lorica

PostPosted: August 5th, 2014, 6:32 pm 

im not actually sure of the charges,but i would imagine that they would be competitive/comparable with enel.
i think the bills are bi-monthly. my main reasons for changing are that they will email my bill to me and i can pay it directly from my own bank here. i had to pay a reconnection charge of 140euro to enel when barclays made a mess of my enel direct debit.
im just delighted that i can take control of my own account

PostPosted: August 7th, 2014, 6:59 am 

Barclays closed my account in Ialy and had the cheek to charge 23 euros to transfer my outstanding balance to Barclays in the UK, but of course the Uk bank is just as inflexible as I cannot make direct debit from my ero account and I can only set up a standing order to the UK. I need to make international payments for electricity to Enel if anyone has the bank name, address and the IBAN account no that would be of tremendous help which would be very much appreciated

PostPosted: August 7th, 2014, 8:12 am 

Grandmasue

A friend of mine pays Enel using the following details.

Lorica

Enel Servizio Electtrico Spa
Intesa San Paola SPA
Banca Intesa S.P.A.
Sede di Roma
Via del Corso, 226
00187 Roma
Italia

BCITITMM700
IT78A0101004420000806880911

Fattura

PostPosted: August 7th, 2014, 9:21 pm 

If there is a payment to be made soon you can pay Enel by credit card in the meantime until you are able to decide about direct debits, new bank account etc

PostPosted: August 8th, 2014, 8:38 am 

i could be wrong but i think you can only use an italian issue credit card

PostPosted: August 8th, 2014, 10:42 am 

You are ansolutely right Tony about the credit card, I did enquire to pay by paypal but again that can only be actioned in Italy. With the info that Lorica has provided that will resolve my current problem and 2015 is when I retire from working and I will be moving to take up residency in Italy on a permanent basis. I can then review my options but will not be opening an account with Barclays

PostPosted: August 9th, 2014, 5:35 pm 

I have heard other UK owners say that they pay their ENEL bill by credit card (probably also mentioned on this forum) and I doubt very much if it's an Italian card. A friend of mine does but that's good, grandmasue, you're sorted now,

PostPosted: September 19th, 2014, 10:12 pm 

I received a letter today to say that my IBAN has been changed. The account number and ABI are the same, it's just the C.A.B. that has changed. The letter is in Italian so not sure of the consequences. I'm assuming that it won't affect my direct debit to ENEL. Does anyone know?

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2014, 10:07 am 

Hi Evie,

I think the CAB is the branch identifier or something like that, so presumably your branch has been merged or moved.

If you have been informed that you have a new International Bank Account Number (IBAN in short) then I would pass it on for your standing direct debits.

Hope this helps,

Dennis.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2014, 10:37 pm 

Thanks Dennis, yes it is the branch code. If I knew how to pass the new IBAN on to ENEL I would do so (I registered on the ENEL website but don't see how to contact them with the new IBAN). Has anyone else received a letter about a new Barclays IBAN and do you think any action is required?

PostPosted: September 25th, 2014, 10:16 am 

Hi Evi and all, if you are registered on the Enel website, you can login and modify your contract at this page, I am not sure of the options you find there: http://www.enel.it/it-IT/clienti/enel_s ... ratto.aspx

An alternative is to send a letter to Enel Servizio Elettrico Casella Postale 1100 - 85100 Potenza, or a fax to 800 900 150

Hope this helps,

Dennis.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2015, 9:45 pm 

I mentioned above that Barclays had changed my IBAN number in Sept. I wasn't able to modify the ENEL contract as Dennis suggested. I've just discovered another letter dated Dec (I hadn't opened it as thought it was a statement and I check them online) saying my IBAN had been changed, this time to a different number. Has anyone else had this problem?

PostPosted: April 7th, 2015, 10:28 am 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Hi Evie,
Do you have a Barclays account with an actual branch you can visit? I have not received any notification of my IBAN being changed.
My account was opened by a Barclays Finance person based in Palermo. He organised my account at the same time as my mortgage. I believe that it is a branch and I have a "Remota" account based in Arconati 1 Milano and is an "office" based branch as opposed to an actual visiting branch.
Not sure if this helps in any way in seeing what in your new IBAN has been changed. The last 8 digits of my IBAN is my Barclays account number.
My whole IBAN is comprised of IT69E ( not sure what this is but possibly a branch identifier) then my ABI, then my CAB, 0000 and then the 8 digits of my account number.

PostPosted: April 7th, 2015, 1:38 pm 

i ran out of patience with barclays italy,and decided to close my account....and they charged me around 150 euro for the privilege....glad to get shot of them!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7