A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Barclays Italia
PostPosted: January 17th, 2014, 11:37 pm 

Dear David Thanks for the info on the anti laundering letter ,I also received it telling me to send information but no details on what was required .I have tried sending several emails and received no response at all .
The letter said my account could be terminated if They did not receive the info before the end of February .
As you say they have all my details ,but I will try again to contact and confirm the things you listed .
Thanks ,you are a great help on the forum .

PostPosted: January 18th, 2014, 11:55 am 

barclays italy.....grrrrrrrrrrrrr they ARE DOING MY HEAD IN!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: January 18th, 2014, 12:14 pm 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Although I have spoken to Barclays Customer Services re "Anti Money Laundering" and given my details I received another letter this past week requesting me to contact them about it.
To be fair it did say at the end of the letter to ignore it if I had contacted them which I have.
I await in anticipation for a letter from them to terminate my account !!
davidnam

PostPosted: January 18th, 2014, 3:08 pm 

I don't know anything about this anti-laundering issue as I haven't been able to access my account since they introduced the additional security questions because I've been unable to locate my key (cleaner tied it somewhere!). Prior to that I could login without the key but not transfer funds. Davidnam, when you say 'letter' do you mean a hardcopy letter in the post or an online message?

PostPosted: January 18th, 2014, 8:46 pm 

Hi Eviegardner,
I do mean a hard copy 'letter' sent by post and the two letters they sent me were in Engish.
If they haven't sent you one I wouldn't worry about it. I am aware that others have had a request for their information on this topic months before I had mine. It may eventually come so in the meantime I would try and find your key token so you can access your account, there is a possibility that there may be a message about it in your inbox..
davidnam

PostPosted: January 18th, 2014, 11:40 pm 

Thanks David (on another topic, I have 2 weeks to complete my UK Inland Revenue form so better get into gear).

PostPosted: January 25th, 2014, 10:06 pm 

I have been unable to receive any info from Barclays on this anti laundering letter .I have emailed etc and they just do not reply at all .
Is the info sent to th inbox on the account in English or italian David ?

PostPosted: January 27th, 2014, 12:45 pm 

I have just logged on to my barclays account and thanks to your info David I think I have managed to change my statements to online instead of being posted to me .
We will see ! I am still in a quandary regarding the anti money laundering thing but hopefully they will not close my account without at least informing me .
Thanks again for all the help

PostPosted: February 10th, 2014, 6:29 pm 

davidnam wrote:
Although I have spoken to Barclays Customer Services re "Anti Money Laundering" and given my details I received another letter this past week requesting me to contact them about it.
To be fair it did say at the end of the letter to ignore it if I had contacted them which I have.
I await in anticipation for a letter from them to terminate my account !!
davidnam

Hi David do you have a telephone number for barclays re this anti laundering info .
I have emailed them all the info but I have had no reply and they are now emailing me again threatening to close my account .Help !

PostPosted: February 11th, 2014, 4:18 pm 

Hi Pamela,
Believe it or not I have had the same email re money anti-laundering received yesterday morning yet again (3 times by email now) requesting my details and threat to discontinue account etc. !!
I have just telephoned them on 0039 02 4037 8205 ( then 2 for an English speaker, changed from 5 last time i telephoned them!).
Had a charming lady who checked my wife's and my details, confirmed that I had done this in December 2013 and reconfirmed that all was in order.
Good luck and let me know if you succeeded.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2014, 5:13 pm 

Hi Mags,
Re Barclays and your payment of €241.87 Competenze that you have mentioned.
Using Google translate, competenze translates as 'skills'(?fees).
On my statements I have only seen 'competenze e interessi' (skills and interests) itemised quarterly and it comes to approximately €8 - €10. I believe this is my charge for my account €3 / month plus any other charges less any interest I have earned on my balance. There has been nothing else taken from my account that I cannot account for.
I beieve that you pay them a fee every time you use your bancomat card and when you withdraw from the ATM. Because of these charges I now always take out cash with me. I get reasonale rates of exchange at the Money Changers in Praed Street when I come in to London at Paddington. I usually get about 0.2 less than the mid point Foreign Exchange rate at that time.
Hope this helps to understand your 'competenze' deduction.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2014, 4:47 pm 

I learnt today that the Via Turati branch of Barclays Italy closed last year (June/July time) I was told that I should have received a letter telling me .. NO LETTER!!

The new address is:

Piazza Repubblica 8
20121 Milano (MI)
Italy
Tele: 0039 0247933301
Milano.Repubblica@barclays.it

Lorica

PostPosted: February 20th, 2014, 5:16 pm 

I have received an email from my contact at Barclays, Milan who has confirmed that the 20% tax on transfers from abroad has been suspended.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2014, 11:14 pm 

i have given up on barclays.... no reply to emails no joy on the phone....just dreadful customer service

PostPosted: February 21st, 2014, 8:54 am 

Tony I got through to them twice in the last 2 days. I rang them at 4pm our time. I tried in the morning but they were always busy.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2014, 12:35 pm 

were you able to get your problems sorted with them??

PostPosted: February 21st, 2014, 1:23 pm 

Tony

Which branch of Barclays are you with? Can anyone here help you with your problem?

Lorica

PostPosted: February 21st, 2014, 2:55 pm 

Yes they wanted to confirm my wife and my info for anti money laundering purpose. They had to speak to both of us as we have a joint account. We also have to fax over copies of our passports. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2014, 3:07 pm 

Which branch are you with Barneyjoe?

Lorica

PostPosted: February 21st, 2014, 4:44 pm 

Via Turati branch, but I have read here it is closed?

PostPosted: February 21st, 2014, 7:40 pm 

Barneyjoe

My account was at Via Turati but that branch closed last year. I was told I should have received a letter telling us about the closure .. ha ha!

This is where the accounts are held now:
Barclays
Piazza Repubblica 8
20121 Milano (MI)
Italy
Tele: 0039 0247933301
Milano.Repubblica@barclays.it

Lorica

PostPosted: February 21st, 2014, 7:52 pm 

Thanks Lorica and they are worried about us laundering money :oops:

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 2:53 pm 

I also had neverending problems with Barclays - also wasn't told Via Turati had closed. Unable to access the account when they changed security. Couldn't get them to respond, let alone send me the gizmo for access. I only found out Turati had closed by writing an old fashioned letter (paper in envelope, stamp, post.....) and having it returned about 2 weeks later because, seemingly they are unable to forward it a few hundred yards to the new branch.

I had been trying to close my account, and in the end we called into Milan (arranged appointment by eMail) and closed the account face to face ~ leastways for the paperwork! They couldn't give you more than 1000 euros cash, so the closure had to be electronic transfer....... And that took 6-8 weeks for them to actually do it: but I'm now glad to be out of it! They were good when we started in 2008, but I think we have now all found the same.

I now only use my currency agent to send payments - Eg for condo fees; and also their preload debit cards for cash/payments (Fairfx - never had an issue with them).

PostPosted: March 21st, 2014, 7:23 pm 

Has anyone tried to log in to Barclays Italia today?
The home page that came up was different and I cannot log in to my account. I have a feelng that they are messing about again with the website.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2014, 7:48 pm 

Hi David

No I can't get in either. Perhaps they are doing website maintenance?????

Lorica

PostPosted: March 21st, 2014, 10:57 pm 

Hello all
We cannot access account either,what is abi? This is what it says is missing from website?

PostPosted: March 21st, 2014, 11:56 pm 

Good to know that it is not my computer that's awry and that I am not the only one who has seen the same error messages.
The unfamiliar Home page does not have anywhere to Log in although by clicking "HB Privati" (HP Individuals) the log in boxes appear with the error message "Impossibile effettuare l'autenticazione: Abi mancante" (Failed to authenticate: Abi missing). If you enter your log in details and click "Sign in", the error message "Errore Generico" (generic error) appears.
You'd have thought that if they are performing website maintenance or changing the website format they would inform you and do it on the weekends.
I am being naive again, this is Barclays Italia we are dealing with after all !!.

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2014, 10:06 pm 

I have just managed to log into my Barclays on-line account again!!

Lorica

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2014, 4:21 pm 

I have logged into my account now but I had to change my "Bookmark" (Favourites) to www.barclays.it whereas this same url I had used (in my favourites) for a number of years gave an Error message!!
As I mentioned, the Home Page is different and you have to click "HP Privati" to get your 'Personal log in' page.
Cannot see anywhere to translate the website into English that we had some time ago but by using Google Chrome it translates it into English automatically.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2014, 1:44 pm 

I received a letter from Barclays IT in May regarding the anti-money laundering regulations and the closure of my account which I responded to immediately as with direct debit payments for electricity I did not want to pay for costly re-connection charges. It took 4 weeks for a reply and a subsequent phone call from me to establish I need to contact the branch. I made contact with the branch to be now informed that I need to send an email to the client services to persuade them to leave my account open and additionally I have been chasing for 18 months to get my on-line password re-set as I am locked out of my account. with the fees that are charged by Barclays from my opinion their customer services doesn't rate very high in fact in the UK we would be reporting the issue to the media. If anyone has any advice as to what I need to include in the email I would very much appreciate

PostPosted: June 25th, 2014, 6:12 pm 

It's clear by now there is no reason to recommend Barclays in Italy, something we used to do in the past as it is an English bank. In fact the staff often don't even speak English. Now I know that can be true in the UK as well, but that's different.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2014, 8:27 am 

I received a letter from Barclays IT in May regarding the anti-money laundering regulations and the closure of my account which I responded to immediately as with direct debit payments for electricity I did not want to pay for costly re-connection charges. It took 4 weeks for a reply and a subsequent phone call from me to establish I need to contact the branch. I made contact with the branch to be now informed that I need to send an email to the client services to persuade them to leave my account open and additionally I have been chasing for 18 months to get my on-line password re-set as I am locked out of my account. with the fees that are charged by Barclays from my opinion their customer services doesn't rate very high in fact in the UK we would be reporting the issue to the media. If anyone has any advice as to what I need to include in the email I would very much appreciate

Grandmasue

If you don't get a satisfaction reply from Barclays you can make a formal complaint to reclami@barclays.it

Lorica

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 11:07 am 

Thanks for the advice Lorica, they were my first port of call after contacting my branch, they advised to go back to the branch which i duly did and then the branch advised it was nothing to do with them and that I need to email client services which I have done over a week ago but no response received so far. My next port of call is the CEO of Barclays withcopies of all my correspondence so far, not that I'm expecting a miracle but one can only try as their organisation is very trying with us!

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 2:30 pm 

Grandmasue

Did you fill in and send in the money laundering questionnaire along with copies of your Codice Fiscale and Passport??

Lorica

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2014, 4:56 pm 

Hi Lorica

I did not receive a questionnaire but I have sent a copy iof my codice fiscale, passport and 2 current utility bills for her in the UK. I'm trying to get them to take an interest but not with much luck

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 4:12 pm 

Hi All,
Re anti money laundering regulations with Barclays Bank.
Quite a large number of people have been having problems since the beginning of the year on this matter.
It would appear that although they haven't sent you a request for your details, not replied to you after sending your details not answered your emails, your promised telephone callbacks etc. it would appear that if you have done the necessary they will not terminate your account with them.
As I mentioned some time back on the Forum, when I called the customer services and gave yhem my details on the phone all appeared to be OK!!

PostPosted: July 4th, 2014, 10:12 am 

Hi Davidnam

Ill keep my fingers crossed that my monthly electricity bills will be honoured or there could be a compensation claim being submitted

PostPosted: July 4th, 2014, 11:08 am 

Hi grandmasue,
I have had no problems with Barclays Italia honouring my bi-monthly DD's to Enel or Wical since last August when I was first informed about the anti-money laundering regulations. I do have a mortgage with them which they deduct their interest monthly so they are not likely to cancel my account.
It will be interesting to find out in time for those who have accounts with Barclays but no mortgage with them.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2014, 11:49 am 

David

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Out of all the people I know with a Barclays account it is the people with no mortgage that seem to be having problems.

Lorica

PostPosted: July 4th, 2014, 1:56 pm 

when i was in italy in may i took money from my account via the holr in the wall and i intend clearing out the rest when im there next week.........they are an absolute disaster to deal with>
i have changed from enel to omnia and they are willing to take payment from my irish bank account.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2014, 5:41 pm 

Lorica,
I have a friend who is with Barclays but doesn't have a mortgage with them and still has their account open at present.
Is there anybody on the Forum with or without a Barclays mortgage who have had their account closed for not sending their detais for the anti-money laundering regulations?

PostPosted: July 5th, 2014, 1:27 pm 

We are having problems with our joint account. My husband got a letter in April, dated the previous Dec saying he was being closed but no reason given, effective from end of March. We have no mortgage but the account name is still in both names and the dd still work but only my details are shown online! Several emails and being passed from one section to another, no answers to explain etc. finally told to forget the letter as the account is still in both names. Obviously don't trust them to not close us totally down but despite looking for other alternatives but at moment stumped at how to pay by dd other than through Barclays Italy. Even tried to see if we could open an account in Ireland but unless you are resident you cannot open a current account and deposit accounts don't do direct debits! Next is Bank of Cyprus UK Euro Account to investigate. Barclays and Lloyds met negative responses.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2014, 7:11 pm 

I have a mortgage with Barclays and have not (to my knowledge) received the anti-laundering letter. If I have received it online or hardcopy I'm oblivious to the fact. I'm assuming having a mortgage with them keeps me safe!

PostPosted: July 8th, 2014, 12:36 pm 

Hi again eviegardner,
I received communication by letter and on-line with my messages with the Barclays Home Banking website.

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 8:09 pm 

Message on the Barclays Home page of, hopefully good news for Brits if it works alright!
I must say thgough that I have got used to their Italian website.

"Dear Customer,
Starting from July the 14th Barclays gives you the opportunity to have your HB also in English.
After the LOG-IN you will be redirected to the version in the language setted in your profile.
If you want to change your default language, please visit your Branch".

PostPosted: July 12th, 2014, 3:23 pm 

davidnam, I logged on last night and received that message. Hopefully we'll be allowed to request the English version online i.e. without visiting our Branch as they suggest. I've got used to the Italian version also although an English version would be good.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 6:39 pm 

Hi Eviegardner,
Just l ogged onto my Barclays Italia Home Banking and found that after logging in you have the option for IT or EN.
Had no problems and it converted the website to English. The "communications" ie bank statemnets etc. that I used to receive in the post but now on-line are still in Italian.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2014, 11:21 pm 

Thanks David. Yes it's good to have the website in English at last.

PostPosted: August 1st, 2014, 3:09 pm 

Good old Barclays, I have received an email today informing me that my account is closed and would I notify them where the funds need sending to and also that I should notify ENEL regarding my direct debit payments for electricity. The answer has only taken them 62 days which it appears fell outside of their 60 day ruling for the account to remain open. They did state if I wanted to visted one of their branches in Italy they would open a new account for me. My only problem is how to amen :| d the bank details for electricity payments can anyone advise if this is possible. I've been reviewing my on-line details but the payment detail does not appear to be accessible any advise would be appreciated

PostPosted: August 4th, 2014, 8:40 am 

Grandmasue

Can you write to Enel and get them to change your payment details??

Lorica

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next