A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Residency and tax.
PostPosted: October 16th, 2012, 11:11 am 

Hi. We have just returned from a week at our apt at Pizzo Beach Club, weather was great, seems a shame it does not get used more during the spring & late summer, but the complex is certainly looking good.
Does any one know if there are different types of residential status for Italy, as I have been told you have to live there 6 months & 1 day per year, is it a long process to sort out ? Also when we purchased our apt we originally planned to move to Italy so only paid the 4% tax on our property, the rest is due in December as far as I know, 18 months after the day of completion, what is the best way to pay this & would it have to done through a solicitor. I have been told have to contact the notary in Lamezia who dealt with the completion. We can not use the solicitor who we dealt with previously ( and I would not want to ! ) as I told him exactly what i thought of him and his company in my last email to them. Do they send you a letter reminding you that you owe the money, as I have been told they fine you for late payment. Any information would be appretiated. Thank you.

Alan & Philomena Apt 57f PBC.

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Residency and tax.
PostPosted: October 24th, 2012, 10:51 am 

hi there

i am glad that you are not paying the reminder of 6% via your solicitor, as this was what happened to me and i am now being severly fined by inland revenue and i can not find the money i gave my solicitor to pay the rest of VAT. I have been trying to sort this out for the last 1.5 years. The institution that is responsible for VAT is Angezia Entrate (i have their address in Vibo Valentia), contact them and say you want to pay the reminder. I beleive there is a small fine of around € 200, but do pay it before 18 months are up to avoid any further sanctions/interests.

Polina

Report this post