A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO RENT A HOLIDAY HOME IN CALABRIA
Browse this site to find lettings in Calabria directly by their owner. To contact the owners, send them a private message (PM) after having registered for free on this website.

FOR CALABRIA HOLIDAY HOME OWNERS
Please include as much information as possible, such as pictures, rates, location and features. If you include a link to your property on another site we request a link back to the forum.

Calabria Homes reserves the right to modify or remove listed holiday lettings if the information provided is not sufficient.

Post subject: Vista Montagna to let.
PostPosted: May 15th, 2011, 5:22 pm 

[i][size=150]Hi All,
For those of you coming to Caulonia Marina there is a beautiful , newly painted apartment to rent in Vista Montagna.
One double bedroom with en-suite. one sitting/bedroom with double sofa bed.
Large fully equiped state of the art kitchen/ diner and large 2nd bathroom.
Balcony on two sides, furnished, Use of pool and working lift, TV,
100metres from beach and shop

Last edited by mel on October 16th, 2011, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 11th, 2011, 12:59 pm 

At last, a rental apartment near a train station! :D :D :D

Why phone only for contact? Isn't it on the net somewhere with photos?

Mrs T

mel wrote:
Hi All,
For those of you coming to Caulonia Marina there is a beautiful , newly painted apartment to rent in Vista Montagna.
One double bedroom with en-suite. one sitting/bedroom with double sofa bed.
Large fully equiped state of the art kitchen/ diner and large 2nd bathroom.
Balcony on two sides, furnished, Use of pool and working lift, TV,
100metres from beach and shops.
This is a very comfortable home and is close to railway station so no need for hire car when there, available july/august/september.
Contact Lorraine on 07983258776 for rates and photos .

Report this post
PostPosted: June 12th, 2011, 4:36 pm 

Hi M.If you call the number she will send some photos via email. I can tell you that it is a lovely app and furnished and equipped to a very high standard as well as being so central (vista mo

Last edited by mel on October 16th, 2011, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 13th, 2011, 9:03 am 

Have a look also at http://www.rentcalabriaproperty.com where you can advertise for free.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 13th, 2011, 10:07 am 

Mrs T

I don't want to throw a spanner in the works or denegrate someones letting business especialy as Marina di Cauliona is such a lovely place which unlike the other coast is flat and very easy to walk around. It is absolutely true the Vista Montagna is ideally located.

However the train service that is scheduled to stop at Cauliona is very limited and it is only serviced by trains from Catanzaro or Reggio Calabria. All the trains stop at Rocella Jonica which is about 3 miles away.

I would like to reiterate that Cauliona is a fabulous place for a holiday and earnestly hopes the owner has a successful holiday rental business

Barnpot

Report this post
PostPosted: June 13th, 2011, 2:03 pm 

I understand that the trains have been cut generally. Friend went to catch a train and it went by no longer stopped where he was. Got a ticket thou!

Report this post
PostPosted: June 13th, 2011, 3:06 pm 

I believe that trains don't stop at Caulonia coming from Lamezia you have to get of at Roccella cross over and catch the next train back then it stops at Caulonia, thas what i got told a few years ago by a forum member who regularly catches the train to Caulonia.

Hope that helps

Diane :)

Report this post
PostPosted: June 13th, 2011, 3:49 pm 

Diane

It right that you can go on to Rocella and get a train back to Cauliona, it is also possible to get a Frederico bus (but not sundays) from Rocella station. Just one other point if comming from Lemazia you have to change at Catenzaro Lido, although sometimes it may be the same train unit.

Below is the time table I got from interrogating the ticket machine at Lamezia Centrale in March this year

Train Timetable
Note: Change at Catanzaro Lido

Cauliona Lamezia
07:02 09:37
15:01 17:37
17:33 19:37

Roccella Lamezia
06:32 08:37
06:53* 09:37
8:07 10:37
10:07 12:37
14:07 16:31
14:55 17:31
16:11 18:37
17:25* 19:37
18:07 20:30
20:03 22:30
21:19 23:52 (bus)

Lamezia Cauliona
06:13 08:23
15:13 17:29
18:13 20:04
19:13 21:35

Lamezia Roccella
05:41 08:00 (bus)
6:13 08:30
07:13 08:53
09:13 10:52
11:13 12:53
15:13 16:56
17:13 18:53
18:13 20:17
19:13 20:56

Please note you will need to confirm if this is still valid, though I can confirm at the end of last month I caught the 10:07 from Rocella to Lamezia changing at Catenzaro Lido

Barnpot

Report this post
PostPosted: June 13th, 2011, 3:54 pm 

thanks for that thats really helpful for those that don't wish to hire a car.
and i will copy and past it to myself so i don't lose it loll

Cheers :) :)

Report this post
PostPosted: June 13th, 2011, 9:11 pm 

I have been using the train service from Lamezia to Caulonia, and back again for the last 4 years now, its great costs 6.80 each way fantastic value

I would just like to say yes Caulonia is a fab place to have a vacation and Vista Montagna has prime location being only 100 metres from the sea. My own apartment is well booked out for the Summer but I am also renting other friends apts on Vista Montagna if anyone is interested and I have fab photos of 1 beds and 2 beds available for the summer season.

berniec2009@hotmail.com

www.vistamontagnarentalapts.com/Home.html

www.simplesite.com/cauloniavistamontagna/

www.rentcalabriaproperty.com/apt-b10-vista-montagna

Check out these websites

Report this post
PostPosted: June 14th, 2011, 7:57 am 

I could not agree more that the cost of train travel from Lamezia Centrale is absolutley fabulous. Perhaps the only drawback is the the time it takes is about 2 hours. But I must say the scenery on the journey is great and if time is no object I would use it as I will be doing it again at the end of the month.

There is also a shuttle bus which runs from the airport to Lamezia Centrale which costs 80 cents rather than the 10 - 15 euros the taxis charge.

I have also been informed that there is a bus service that runs from the Airport to Catenzaro and another bus that can be caught to Roccella (but not on a sunday), I don't have any other details on times, costs or if it stops at Cauloina, apparently there is a timetable which is available at the info. centre at the airport

I would like to endorse the comments about Cauliona it is wonderful place and the locals are really friendly.

If you are in Cauliona and want to meet up and have a chat and a few drinks with other owners/holidaymakers from vairous complexes on a Friday there is
what is know as the 5 o'clock club at Cosimo bar on the back road near the Collinetta and the Res. Amusa.

Barnpot

Report this post
PostPosted: June 14th, 2011, 2:39 pm 

The bus service from Lamezia Airport is a great service but it is not guaranteed off-peak ie Nov-March. Hopefully this will all change in the immediete future. I always hire a car locally when i get settled. I was over for 10 days at Easter and 10 days in Feb so my next visit unfortunately wont be until late Sept. Hope to meet up some Friday evening at that venue in Caulonia. Another great place to meet up is at Rockos bar its directly behind the petrol pumps as u come into Caulonia from Rochella. He is so friendly and helpful.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 14th, 2011, 6:18 pm 

Where to you stop about the bars in Cauliona, Rocco's or Bar Paradiso to give it's real name. Try the Moonlight Bar for the great cakes, Bar Stazione for free bar snacks and a great beer garden, The Planet Cafe in the square, Youghurt Island on Via Pittagora (free wi-fi). There is also Nico's opposite the church, Cafe Angelo just past the Moonlight in the direction of Roccella. Aparently there is about 17 bars in the town open all the year round, so you won't go thirsty or hungry but you may need to take a change of clothes 1 size larger than your usual size

Barnpot

Report this post
PostPosted: June 14th, 2011, 7:42 pm 

Please do tell more about Youghurt Island on Via Pittagora (free wi-fi) Cant ever remember being there, where exactly is it. I am very interested in the Free wi-fi. I have Russian people arriving for 1 month on Friday and they were enquiring about internet access. I gave them info on buying a wind dongle but it might not be necessary now. The nearest internet cafe is Rochella. Any idea where i could buy a good (second-hand) travel cot as well

Report this post
PostPosted: June 14th, 2011, 9:55 pm 

Yoghurtland is on the back road from caulonia...on the right just past Res. Amusa . Further on and next left ( the road meets the main road) is an internet cafe.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 15th, 2011, 8:20 pm 

i have someone looking for an apartment to rent at San Rocco july28-aug 14. please quote rates.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 15th, 2011, 8:25 pm 

I have often cycled from the market area along a back road over a bridge, then there is a paint shop on the left, then a cafe on the left, and then the entrance to ispar supermarket also on the left, is it this road, or is it a bit further up

Report this post
PostPosted: June 15th, 2011, 10:26 pm 

There is also a new, betting type shop with Internet access about 1 euro for half hour on the next road past the supermarket, it has a lot of football on tv and just opened in early may,

The youghurt shop is near the entrance to supermarket on top road,

Regards mike c,

Report this post
PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 6:45 am 

iloveitaly wrote:
I have often cycled from the market area along a back road over a bridge, then there is a paint shop on the left, then a cafe on the left, and then the entrance to ispar supermarket also on the left, is it this road, or is it a bit further up

Yes that is the road.just past the supermarket entrance and on the right is yoghurtland.....it is well illuminated there are sunny seats outside. Further on past that is the road to the left where the internet cafe is.
mel

Report this post
PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 11:30 am 

re: trains... on my last trip I heard that the Reggio train passing through through Caulonia with no scheduled stop WILL sometimes stop on request. Worth asking. I suppose it depends on whether the train is ahead of schedule and the mood of the driver. :)
Maybe the forum should raise a petition to Trenitalia requesting more stops at Caulonia, in view of the new demand generated by the several developments now almost fully completed ,and the resultant extra traffic to Caulonia from guests,friends ,families and renters? A Caulonia stop on most services would surely attract a large number of new passengers who currently use car hire.
ps
Can recommend the (in) famous Caulonia 5 o' clock club every Friday for friendly sociable gathering and invaluable information sharing!!
on Caulonia restaurants.... the rustico / traditional family restaurant near the new roundabout has fantastic food and very reasonable prices, and the "pizza by the metre" at The Marina ristorante is unmissable!!

Report this post
PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 4:44 pm 

I would be all for a petition for trains to stop more at Caulonia going up and down in fact. I know of loads on our complex using the train from Reggio up and Lamezia down.Any suggestions. At Easter 4 of us were on the train from Reggio up to Caulonia, we asked the conductor to stop at Caulonia, we actually begged him, but we had to embark at Rochella. We were so lucky though an italian guy the train heard our conversation and offered us a lift in his car to Caulonia, because he had his car parked at Rochella and was travelling our way, it was 9.10pm and sometimes its hard to get a taxi at that time in Rochella. It was a tight squeeze but we were so gratefull to him.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 24th, 2011, 11:45 pm 

Just back from Caulonia. There was a train strike so had to rethink our return arrangements and take a train to Catanzaro Lido then the usual train to Lamezia Terme Centrale. Federico website give times of buses from Caulonia to Catanzaro Lido. We caught a bus scheduled for 1.35pm at Caulonia station (arrived 10 mins late) which linked up with a train 40 mins later at Catanzaro Lido.

Trains are running to timetable around 7am and from 5.30pm from Caulonia but nothing during the day.

Marion

Report this post