A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 26th, 2014, 7:15 pm 

On the 25th of March 2014 the region of Calabria announced an investment of 18 million euro in expanding the number of flights and airports connected to the Calabrian airports.

Livingstone, Air Malta and Vueling will start flying to Calabria, and Ryanair will increase the frequency on existing routes and add new ones connecting Bergamo, Roma Fiumicino, Bologna, Treviso, Pisa, London, Dusseldorf, Frankfort, Charleroi and Verona to Lamezia Terme.

I believe Frankfurt, Bologna, Treviso and Verona are the new routes, which is somewhat surprising considering Bergamo, Verona, Treviso also Bologna being rather close to each other.

There does not seem to be much else specific published yet, such as start dates, maybe some (or one) of our esteemed forum members can elaborate?

Here are some sources in the Italian media:
(ANSA) - CATANZARO, 25 MAR - Nuovi voli operati da compagnie low cost per i principali scali italiani, ma anche con destinazioni europee come Monaco, Berlino, Parigi, Londra e Francoforte. E' il risultato del bando per la manifestazione d'interesse indetto dalla Regione e riservato a nuove compagnie aeree, i cui esiti sono stati illustrati stamani dal presidente della Giunta Giuseppe Scopelliti, dalla vice presidente Antonella Stasi e dal direttore generale del dipartimento Turismo Pasquale Anastasi.

http://www.vibonesiamo.it/wordpress/201 ... -calabria/

PostPosted: April 1st, 2014, 2:45 am 

dennis wrote:

There does not seem to be much else specific published yet, such as start dates, maybe some (or one) of our esteemed forum members can elaborate?

Dennis,

Not a huge amount more to add to your conclusive statement above albeit having "sniffed" about the Internet whilst unable to sleep through the early hours of this morning I have found:

A “loan” of €18 million has been advanced to the Calabria Region for Airport Use in 2014 of which

• 20% i.e. €3.6m is committed to attracting companies to operate new routes.
• €9m will be advanced to the airport of Lamezia Terme
• €5m to the Airport of Reggio
• €3.5m to the Airport of Crotone

The Spanish company Vueling has already given notice that it would like to make possible availability for nine destinations in 2014. No granular detail about the proposed nine destinations, however one definite route will be at least one daily flight from Lamezia to/from Rome starting 25 June 2014.

The Italian company Livingston Air intends to operate new flights from Reggio Calabria Airport to/from five destinations of Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Dortmund and Monaco starting around May 2014.

FlyNiki to operate a new flight from Reggio Calabria Airport to/from Vienna starting around 15 May 2014.

Ryanair intends to operate three internal flights from Crotone to Milan (Bergamo), Rome (Ciampino) and Pisa as of June 2014.

Regards,

Mickey 'O'