A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 10th, 2012, 4:59 pm 
ursla wrote:
Ryanair Summer flights London Stansted to Lamezia are now available to book on their website .Sun Mon Wed, and Friday.
Great value on Wednesday, 48 pounds return.

Flights are at different times of the day and should allow good connections from/to elsewhere.

PostPosted: December 30th, 2012, 6:13 pm 

I have just by accident found out that the Ryanair flights I booked 8 weeks ago from Stansted to Lamezia for 24th April ,returning on the 8 th May 2013 have had a dramatic time change 4hours later than when I booked them .Ryanair did not even inform me about the time change .I now cannot use my connecting flight to Belfast on return and I have an 8 hour wait in stansted on outward journey .
Has anyone else been affected by these time changes .I thought ryanair could have at least informed me by email as I need to make changes .Their website says they may or may not inform people.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2012, 4:19 pm 

We are looking at Alitalia for our trips now, the pricing outweighs the hassle and you get a luggage allowance. Looking at Easter trip with a 2 day lay over in Venice. Does anyone know of a good cheap hotel (not that they are that cheap in Venice) in that wonderful city. It may end up a straight there and back via Milan.

PostPosted: January 1st, 2013, 11:47 am 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Hi Everyone & Ionian,
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda, Happy New Year to you all.
I used Aiitalia via Milan on my 2 trips last year and also booked them this coming May. If you book the right flights the wait in Milan can be minimal, you have hold luggage and the prices can be very competitive.
There are several sites on-line for hotels in Venice with a range of prices. Easter time in Venice may prove difficult for reasonable price hotels unless you book early.
Hope you have some success.
davidnam

PostPosted: January 1st, 2013, 10:07 pm 

Hi,

Just wondering why Ryanair would not be advertising their 10.50 am flight from Stansted next summer to Lamezia. I did manage to book this flight time for May 2013 a few months ago but this flight does not appear anymore on their website and I was hoping to book for the same time in Sept. I don't see the flight leaving Lamezia at 15.15 advertised either.

Berni

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2013, 2:58 pm 

bernied wrote:
Hi,

Just wondering why Ryanair would not be advertising their 10.50 am flight from Stansted next summer to Lamezia. I did manage to book this flight time for May 2013 a few months ago but this flight does not appear anymore on their website and I was hoping to book for the same time in Sept. I don't see the flight leaving Lamezia at 15.15 advertised either.

Berni

Hi bernied
The flight times have been changed -see my earlier post ,I booked the 10.50 flight for april and may return and now it is at 15.15 and 4 hours later coming back.Are you booked for May .,because the flight time is now changed and Ryan air did not inform me or anyone booked on flights ,apparently they dont have to .I just found out by random searching.

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2013, 8:48 pm 

Hi Pamela,

Sorry I did'nt see your earlier post. Spoke with Ryan Air to-day(eventually) and got confirmation from them that our flight has changed...(only got it because I asked). It causes inconvenience for us as we will miss our connecting flight to Dublin on the way back so it will be an overnight at Stansted. The original flight times were great as it was a one day trip..so getting to Lamezia is a bit of a drag..Anyway, we have to re-book London-Dublin but will wait a while and see the prices.

Berni

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2013, 10:01 pm 

Yes it would have been courteous if Ryan air could have at least informed us of such a large time change .
I now also have a Stansted - Belfast flight I cannot catch.
I may go Lamezia -Pisa ,Pisa -Stansted and catch my Belfast connection that way.
Luckily I discovered it now as prices are still low.
Also now I am in Stansted from 7am until 3.15 pm on the way out bummer all round .
I am seriously going a different oute next time .If you are from Dublin would you not consider the Milan or Pisa routes or even Catania ? I would have gone that way .Dublin is just more awkward for me.

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2013, 11:23 pm 

Ryanair - Courteous...do not go together sadly!!
Better check our times for 10th-17th April!

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 1:51 pm 

Pamela, Aerlingus Dublin to Naples is a good way to go great Value for april and May 130 euros return ,, You take the train to Lamezia , there is a bus at the airport that will take you to train Station .I have booked Rome with aerlingus for easter ,because Aerlingus only start summer time flights to Naples on the 2nd of april,

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 6:41 pm 

Just checked my BRS-FAO-BRS flights and Ryanair have changed the schedule from when I booked.
Definitely worth checking from time to time especially if a connecting flight is involved.
davidnam

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 9:36 pm 

I have been flying Easyjet a couple of times now, via Milan, and I find it a more pleasant company to deal with than Ryanair.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 12:04 pm 

why oh why did ryan air change the morning Stan/Lamezia 11am flight back to 6am.
It now means a very late night before flight for us Dub/Stan and then a 5 hour am sit-up for the connecting 6am flight, cant book into hotel for a sleep, not enough time.
Return times are ok though

PostPosted: February 17th, 2013, 3:21 pm 

I had booked outward flight from Stansted to Lamezia for 17 April and to return on 24 April. Also found out that the time had changed by looking at flights to see if they had increased since booking. The delayed times meant that we couldn't get a train to Caulonia that day. Rang the 10p per minute Ryanair No. and was given a refund on the flights. Then booked cheaper flights to go in March instead - only £22 each way. Since then have received an Email to say flight time had changed. This has happened before with flights booked to Alghero and messed up our accommodation arrangements. Will now always check flights to look for changes.

PostPosted: February 17th, 2013, 3:41 pm 

I have been using Alitalia last year and in May this year from LHR via Linate. If you book early, prices are competitive with Ryanair especially when you take 23kg luggage into consideration. Mind you Alitalia have change the time of their flights by an hour or so later for my May flight!
davidnam

PostPosted: February 17th, 2013, 8:40 pm 

As travelcalabria mentioned, for we Irelanders Dublin to Naples is worth considering followed by the train to Lamezia. I would rather do that than the Stansted hassle. Other Dublin possibilities also e.g. Rome, Catania

PostPosted: February 17th, 2013, 9:00 pm 

We flew from Edinburgh to Naples last July and then got the train to Lamezia. I don't remember the times but it was all done in the same day. No hassle bus to train station was just outside the airport terminal and easy to figure out what train to catch. Will be the same from Dublin to Naples I expect.

Don't do the overnight return journey. It was awful and we were at Naples 5 hours before return flight.

We are in Calabria at the moment and return at end of March to UK for a few weeks. We will come back Edinburgh to Milan to Lamezia hope to never again do the 6am flight from Stansted we did this 2 weeks ago and booked overnight into the Radisson didn't sleep but at least we had somewhere other than the airport to rest in. Probably cost us as much as our flights!

I'm going to look at trains for future journeys but will make sure I am booked in advance if travelling at peak times Easter a few years ago arrived in Rome no pre booking no available seats on train for 2 days ended up paying for an hotel then flying down the next day. You live and learn!!
mags

PostPosted: February 19th, 2013, 7:49 pm 

On this trip I flew Dublin to Rome, stayed 4 nights, train from Rome to Naples, stayed 4 nights, train from Naples to Lamezia. The train journeys all went smoothly including airport to train station transfers. It was only 11 euros from Rome to Naples. I booked the tickets 2 or 3 days in advance at the train station but obviously peak times are different and online booking recommended. The Naples to Lamezia journey is scenic and I spotted several coastal towns en route that I later visited by car. If the ticket is open i.e. date not specified then it's important to validate ticket prior to getting on train.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 10:53 pm 

Booked with Ryanair for June great value, 70 pounds for return flights

PostPosted: October 9th, 2013, 2:09 pm 

I have been looking ahead for Stansted to Lamezia Flights for November 13 and Spring next year.

Ryanair seem to have reduced their Flights down to a couple of times a week? I suppose as long as they don't stop altogether, then it is not the end of the World, but it is a shame because it is/was a good service and always seems pretty full.

Has anybody heard anything?

Greenliam

PostPosted: October 9th, 2013, 4:07 pm 

Ryanair Winter flights Tuesday and Saturday ,starting Saturday November 9th to Saturday 29th of march 2014,

PostPosted: November 10th, 2013, 10:39 pm 

When does Ryanair put up the flight schedule for April 2014 on?

PostPosted: November 18th, 2013, 4:40 pm 

Hi - these were up for two days and then went down again. I called Ryanair and was assured they would be up within two weeks but that time has now passed. They told me they were under review but would definitely be flying there in 2014.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2013, 5:21 pm 

Just went to check and the flights are up till end of March 2014, but nice slick and fast website! Looks like the 21st century has arrived at the Ryanair headquarters.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 17.20.32.jpg
Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 17.20.32.jpg [ 129.43 KiB | Viewed 7368 times ]
PostPosted: November 25th, 2013, 5:08 pm 

NO Summer 2014 schedule from London to Lamezia available yet