A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 30th, 2012, 3:25 pm 

Hi all,

whilst looking for autumn flights I noticed that winter flights, starting in November, have been loaded for Lamezia to Frankfurt (twice weekly, all year round), but not for Lamezia to London, Barcelona, Brussels and Dusseldorf.

Of course it is not the first time there are delays in publishing the schedules but elsewhere on their website Ryanair say this:
Quote:
Ryanair endeavor to load flight schedules at least five to six months in advance of operation. For example, the 2011 winter season which commences on the 30th October was loaded for sale on 19th April. While the initial summer 2012 schedule will be available online to book by the end of August 2011.

I know we have some very informed users on this forum with regards to flights, is there anyone with an informed opinion?

Dennis.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2012, 8:17 am 

Winter flights from Stansted are back on :D :D

PostPosted: June 26th, 2012, 3:47 pm 

Now that's good news. Thanks for sharing it!

Dennis.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2012, 4:49 pm 

Ryanair london stansted flights ends on the 5th on november .There is no winter flights on the website from Stansted .

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2012, 7:41 am 

Ryanair Winter flights, Start on 7th of November , Mon, wed ,friday ,Flight times London Stansted to Lamezia 16.45 , Return flight leave Lamezia at 21.10.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2012, 5:30 pm 

Those are quite comfortable times.

PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 6:46 am 

Dennis

That all depends on where you are going and if you hire a car, these times are no good for those who take the train to the Ionian coast.

PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 7:56 am 

Ah Yes. I was thinking about the red eye flight at 5.50 (am). It always made for a painful return after a weekend in London.

PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 9:22 am 

I thought the trains to the Ionian coast no longer ran because of the land slip?

PostPosted: August 7th, 2012, 9:52 am 

Yes no train, but a repalcement bus service from Lamezia Centrale to Catanzaro Lido

PostPosted: August 10th, 2012, 9:23 pm 

Booked flights for November great value from London Stansted to Lamezia, £38 for a Return flight

PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 1:56 am 

Just heard all winter flights London to Lamezia have been cancelled.

PostPosted: August 11th, 2012, 8:19 am 

Hi Margaret,

They had indeed disappeared from the website briefly, but if you check on the Ryanair website the flights are now available to book 3 times per week.

Dennis.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 10:22 am 

In Calabria at the moment and just had a mail from Ryanair cancelling my November flight as "after an operational review flights from Stanstead will cease operation from the 28th October" Filled out form for refund wonder how long they will take! Best thing ever happened went to BA booked flight to Naples for £171.92 saved £56.00 on the Ryanair flight with free drinks & snack used this route many times might not bother with Ryanair again.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2012, 2:38 pm 

Still bookable, however.

Let's wait and see.

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 15.37.26.jpg
Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 15.37.26.jpg [ 148.26 KiB | Viewed 18191 times ]
PostPosted: August 30th, 2012, 8:07 pm 

Ryanair...I remember it well, when we first came to Calabria. Nowadays, I fly from Toronto to Rome, Rome to Lamezia - booking with BravoFly. The service from Rome to Lamezia has always been great (and quite interesting on occasions - they even wait for you, if you are late) not to mention cheap, cost-wise.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2012, 4:53 pm 

Winter schedule London Stansted to Lamezia is available to Book on the Ryanair web site up till the 29th of March.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2012, 4:41 pm 

Flights now changed to Tues, Thurs, Saturday. Tried to book long weekend in November and Wednesday/Sunday flights not on schedule

PostPosted: October 18th, 2012, 6:03 pm 

Times of Ryanair flights changed to early morning 6.00am no Belfast connection but cheap flights for winter.

PostPosted: October 18th, 2012, 11:01 pm 

Want Easter flights but I am not getting up at 4 am to catch flight!

PostPosted: October 19th, 2012, 12:13 am 

6am flight not much use but I've booked Dublin to Rome in Feb instead.

PostPosted: October 19th, 2012, 10:02 am 

Dublin to Rome wirh Aerlingus and fly down to lamezia with Blue express airline cost 35 euros and no taxes or charges

PostPosted: October 19th, 2012, 10:25 am 

London - Lamezia with Ryanair is currently published and bookable through March 30 2013.

Same thing for Lamezia - Frankfurt, Brussels.

Easyjet have taken over Lamezia - Paris starting July 14, 2013.

Attachments:
File comment: Ryanair Lamezia routes 2013
Screen Shot 2012-10-19 at 11.24.40.jpg
Screen Shot 2012-10-19 at 11.24.40.jpg [ 72.66 KiB | Viewed 16707 times ]
PostPosted: October 19th, 2012, 11:58 am 

That's very interesting. Which airport in Paris will Easyjet fly from?
Thanks
Kathryn

PostPosted: October 19th, 2012, 6:52 pm 

I was just thinking that, it will be easier for us to find an airport near by to fly to Paris rather than a trek to London etc.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2012, 11:24 am 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Change of scenery for us in May, I have just checked that I can book flights for the end of May from Bristol - Faro and return but still cannot book flights to Lamezia from Stansted for this period as yet for other family members!
davidnam

PostPosted: November 4th, 2012, 12:30 am 

Hello all,
I thought one could avoid Ryanairs card charges with the prepaid Mastercard . I went to the bother of getting one of these and loading it ,only to find the same charges applied when I booked my flights yesterday.
When did this change and are there now no cards that save on these fees.
Grumpy

PostPosted: November 4th, 2012, 9:12 am 

Hi Grumpy,

the prepaid Mastercard is still free to use - but read the small print: "
Quote:
† excludes flights originating from the following countries - U.K, Ireland, Italy, Germany & Spain.
"

From March 1st, the only way to get around Ryanair’s admin fees is with Ryanair’s own prepaid Mastercard. It’s called the Ryanair Cash Passport. It takes the place of all other prepaid Mastercards as the only way for Irish people to book a flight on Ryanair without having to pay the administration fees.

Quote:
The Ryanair Cash Passport costs €10 to buy, but they give you a €10 flight voucher with it, so if you’re using it for Ryanair flights, it’ll pay for itself right away. As it’s a prepay card, you’ll need to top it up and Ryanair charges €3 regardless of how you add money to your card. And that brings us to the one thing that is restrictive about this card. The minimum top-up amount is €175.

Hope this helps,

Dennis.

PostPosted: November 4th, 2012, 10:01 am 

Hi Dennis,

Following a decision by the UK Office of Fair Trading customers who hold a Ryanair pre-paid Mastercard a.k.a. 'Cash Passport' will now NO LONGER be able to avoid the £6.00 charge.

I have tried to upload a screenshot of the email i received on Friday 2nd November 2012 confirming this but with little success - not sure what i'm doing wrong? Hence, I Have also copied and pasted the text contained within the same email below.

Regards,

Mickey 'O'

Important Information Concerning Your Ryanair Cash Passport

Dear Cardholder,

Firstly we would like to thank you for purchasing a Ryanair Cash Passport card. We have seen thousands of our cardholders benefit from the offer of avoiding the admin fee charge on Ryanair.com since the launch of the card on 1st October 2011. We thank you for your continued support.

It is with regret that we write to inform you that, as a result of decisions by the UK Office of Fair Trading, Ryanair Cash Passport card users will no longer benefit from avoiding the £6 admin fee for transactions made on Ryanair.com from 1st December 2012. While we are disappointed at this development, Ryanair is obliged to honour the decisions of the UK Office of Fair Trading.

We are committed to providing you, the cardholder, with further updates on card promotions and intend on notifying you shortly on our planned changes in the card offering.

PostPosted: November 4th, 2012, 1:02 pm 

Pain in the Butt. I always have to buy two legs - Ireland to Milan and then south. Generally costs about €30 in admin fees. It would be more honest and cause less stress if Senore O'Leary included these in the fare.
Just as well he is not in charge at the vineyards around Ciro. :)

PostPosted: November 4th, 2012, 9:55 pm 

Grumps, as ever, you're right! I still can't fathom out why there isn't a direct flight from Dublin, Glasgow, or Edinburgh ??? 98% of my neighbours here on the East Coast are in the same position as yourself. I believe there has to be some sort of hidden agenda.

When Mr O'L withdrew the Stansted/Lamezia flights we panicked and booked Alitalia for flights in October and also for Christmas, and just as well because they worked out cheaper!! No hassle, no rugby tackles for seating or overhead luggage storage, and 20kgs luggage allowance !! For me, there's no contest.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 8:09 pm 

Ryanair is to consider if it will charge passengers for hand luggage

PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 9:57 pm 

if thats the case they can stick their flights, thats a flaming cheek its bad enough having to put your handbag inside handluggage, they can only push their customers so far before they get a backlash. If that goes ahead i will not be using RyanAir.

Cheers Diane

PostPosted: November 6th, 2012, 12:16 am 

This past week I booked two flights, Ryanair to Faro end of May, checked on Monday cost pp £140, waited until Friday (didn't have my Ryanair Passport Card), price had gone up £40pp !
With the OFT ruling I will be taking what little credit I have left on this card and cancelling it and see what they come up with to eliminate their admin fee.
Ryanair have nothing on-line for May to Lamezia as yet so I booked with Alitalia using Skyscanner as I did this year in May and September. Cost of ticket £107, from LHR which is excellent for me from my London base. The waiting time in Linate is 1 hour 25 mins and 1 hour 45 mins, ETD's 0930 & 16 30 and I have 23kg luggage plus 7 kg cabin allowance.
Out of interest I just checked mid week (wed - wed) flights for mid July and August, some flghts still available for £141!
To get these prices and these dates you have to book early but who needs Ryanair with deals like this.
davidnam

PostPosted: November 6th, 2012, 11:52 am 

davidnam wrote:
This past week I booked two flights, Ryanair to Faro end of May, checked on Monday cost pp £140, waited until Friday (didn't have my Ryanair Passport Card), price had gone up £40pp !
With the OFT ruling I will be taking what little credit I have left on this card and cancelling it and see what they come up with to eliminate their admin fee.
Ryanair have nothing on-line for May to Lamezia as yet so I booked with Alitalia using Skyscanner as I did this year in May and September. Cost of ticket £107, from LHR which is excellent for me from my London base. The waiting time in Linate is 1 hour 25 mins and 1 hour 45 mins, ETD's 0930 & 16 30 and I have 23kg luggage plus 7 kg cabin allowance.
Out of interest I just checked mid week (wed - wed) flights for mid July and August, some flghts still available for £141!
To get these prices and these dates you have to book early but who needs Ryanair with deals like this.
davidnam

Hi Davidnam,
This is the reply I got from Ryan Air if you want to take your money back from the card.
Dear Sir /Madam

Thank you for your email.

To cash out and close your card, I can advise you of the following.

1.) We can advise to transfer the funds back to your bank account, you will need to call our card services team. Please note there is a fee of £6 to cash the card out.
Our toll free number can be found on the back of your card or in the contact us section of www.cashpassport.com/ryanair
We are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week and the number is toll free if called from a landline.

2.) If you wish you can use the card in the UK until your funds are used. For ATM transactions you will be charged £2.00 per withdrawl. For transactions at point of sale there is a 50p charge

If you either have a Cash Passport card with no balance on it or do not wish to receive any balance remaining on your card, We will donate the balance to UNICEF on your behalf. We can close your account for you if you send an email confirming the cards are to be closed and any available balance removed. Please ensure you include the last four digits of your cards and your post code.

Please be advised that we are only able to assist with queries relating directly to your Cash Passport Card at this email address.

For any other queries relating to Ryanair flights or the charging of admin fees please visit the Ryanair website at http://www.ryanair.com

PostPosted: November 6th, 2012, 9:32 pm 

Hi Simu,
Thanks for the information re Ryanair Passport Card. I will be using it in one transaction so I will only incur a 50p charge then cut it up.
davidnam

PostPosted: November 9th, 2012, 8:32 pm 

Ryanair Summer flights London Stansted to Lamezia are now available to book on their website .Sun Mon Wed, and Friday.
Great value on Wednesday, 48 pounds return.