A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: January 7th, 2011, 8:03 pm 

PS
I have just phoned Ryanair to try to get things sorted and a recorded message said that they were closed over the Festive Season and would be open tomorrow at 9am.
mags

PostPosted: January 7th, 2011, 11:15 pm 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
It would appear that some people have already booked flights by telephone and through the "Book Cheap Flights" at the bottom of the Ryanair Home page. Last night nothing was available on line and the telephone booking has stopped according to recent postings.
I think we will all just have to be patient unitl they sort out the bookings on line when the full schedules will be published. It will only be after this that we will be able to book via the usual method.
What bothers me is the post that mentioned that the schedules maybe subject to change. The times that have been booked so far have excellent ETD's. I remember only too clearly last June when Ryanair changed a flight ETD from Bergamo to leave later so I wouldn't then be able catch my connection onto Lamezia.
davidnam

PostPosted: January 8th, 2011, 11:35 am 

From what I can see some sort of place holder is there for flights after the 26th Feb but no flights are loaded and nothing is bookable. I am no expert but think the page to watch is http://www.ryanair.com/en/new-routes where it shows germany as a new route.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2011, 11:59 am 

I telephoned Ryanair on Friday evening and was told that the flights would be available to book in the next few days. The lady gave me some details and said that they would be flying from beginning of March until 28th October - mon, wed fri & Sun throughout the summer period and mon,wed & fri other times. She gave me these flight times:

All departing stansted in summer

Monday 4.45pm
Wednesday 11.15am
Friday 5.10pm
Sundays 12.05pm

she didnt give me any return times though.

This all sounds promising and she seemed very sure it would only be a matter of days before we could book them.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2011, 2:39 pm 

Tanks Joanne for the information on ryanair flights and times

PostPosted: January 9th, 2011, 5:26 pm 

The Wednesday flight leaves Stansted at 11.15 and arrives Lamezia at 15.15
The return flight leaves Lamezia on Wed at 15.40 and arrives Stansted at 17.40
As I mentioned earlier I have an email from Ryanair confirming my flights and I've checked the money has been taken fron my bank account.
I just hope that they don't change times etc as we've booked a car for 3 weeks.
Sorry, but don't know times of return flights for the other days.
Hope that everyone who is trying to book flights for the summer gets sorted soon.
mags

PostPosted: January 10th, 2011, 12:34 pm 

Hello Everyone,

Just a little bit more information for you.

It looks as if it is only March when the flights are Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

From the 1st April till October the flights are as follows:

Monday 4.45pm
Wednesday 11.15am
Friday 5.10pm
Sundays 12.05pm

They leave Lamezia as follows:

Monday 9.10pm
Wednesday 3.40pm
Friday 9.35pm
Sundays 4.30pm

Hope this helps you all.

James
www.italianpropertytorent.co.uk

PostPosted: January 10th, 2011, 3:48 pm 

Happy New Year to everyone. I too rang Ryanair last week and the girl advised me that the flights will be on the site from end of January beginning of Februrary, so fingers crossed.

PostPosted: January 10th, 2011, 4:16 pm 

jamesd wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Just a little bit more information for you.

It looks as if it is only March when the flights are Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

From the 1st April till October the flights are as follows:

Monday 4.45pm
Wednesday 11.15am
Friday 5.10pm
Sundays 12.05pm

They leave Lamezia as follows:

Monday 9.10pm
Wednesday 3.40pm
Friday 9.35pm
Sundays 4.30pm

Hope this helps you all.

James
http://www.italianpropertytorent.co.uk

hi jamesd.can you tel me where you got this information from ,as ryanair website is still not showing stansted / lamezia thanks jamesinitaly

PostPosted: January 10th, 2011, 6:10 pm 

Hi James,

The route does actually appear (though not the flights). If you navigate to the bottom of the Homepage you will see a button that says "Book Cheap Flights". Click on it. Here you will have a similar booking option to the Homepage but when you search for London Stanstead the option for Lamezia does actually appear.

However, I actually called them and asked. Though they could give me the flight times I couldn't actually book sadly.

Hope all is well with everyone.

James
www.italianpropertytorent.co.uk

PostPosted: January 14th, 2011, 6:12 pm 

Is it really going to happen? If they leave it much later I will have to book on other flights to ensure I get to Italy. It won't be worth there while to have the flights if they don't allow people time to book.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2011, 10:32 pm 

Normally Ryanair advertise a route for at least five months before it goes 'live'. This is unusual to say the least. How do they expect people to wait for a route that may [or may not ]appear on their website.
I have now resorted to checking their website every other day in the off chance of a revelation. You have to remember that the average Traveller will not have the information that we are in possesion of, regarding this route, and so will have booked other routes to reach Southern Italy.
This past couple of weeks are major summer holiday booking weeks.
I would normally have booked a Spring trip and Summer hols. over the Xmas /New Year. I will wait another short while before reverting to Dublin -Catania.
The downside of this route is twofold,:
1. I must drive to [three hours] and use Dublin Airport. Major nightmare .
2. An extra two hours drive from Sicily.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2011, 11:19 pm 

Catania by some accounts not only Grumpys is a Viable and indeed pleasant and enjoyable route accessible from Dublin.
On the other hand as far as i can see, there is too much Hype and miss information from certain parties regarding the actual viability and real possibilities of booking flights From London to Lamezia. terme at this time.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2011, 6:33 pm 

Hi matthew
I don't know what Ryanair are playing at but I have flights booked for July. I managed to get through using the link that BelAlisha provided.

I have also booked flights from Glasgow to Stansted, hired a car for three weeks and rented a house for this period. I have a confirmation email from Ryanair and the cost of the Ryanair flights have been taken from my account.

If these flights do not go ahead I have much to lose. Apart from the above, holiday dates have been booked from work.

I have given details on the forum of times, flight nos and prices.

Just wondering who you were referring to saying there's too much Hype and misinformation re.Stansted to Lamezia flights?
mags

PostPosted: January 15th, 2011, 10:31 pm 

Perhaps it is just me but i remain cautious to try and book when a route does not appear on the Main Booking menu on the website which is some what irregular. the route is also not mentioned on other important pages including New routes for 2011 which are already being advertised well in advance.
I sincerely hope that the flights go ahead as indicated and no one including yourself is disappointed or let down in any way but i for one will be waiting until it is made official and the Ryanair website is fully operational.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2011, 3:49 pm 

matthew wrote:
there is too much Hype and miss information from certain parties regarding the actual viability and real possibilities of booking flights From London to Lamezia. terme at this time.

That would be the region Calabria and the airport authority of Lamezia.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2011, 2:42 pm 

This is all rather confusing because we have booked flights for 27 March and return on 6th April, as i have said the flights were booked thro Ryanair booking desk. They also confirmed that flights would carry on untill October. Admittedly the inability to book thro the web site is worrying and am concerned that there maybe a problem we are unaware of and the flights will be cancelled!!

PostPosted: January 18th, 2011, 5:53 pm 

Yes it is very worrying. Can't through any light on the Spring departures, finally, but my husband phoned Ryanair re our Summer booking.
He was told that only 22 people had booked on the days we have.... depart 6th July return on the 27th July and that that flights may have to be re-scheduled.
He tried to explain that more people were unable to book and was met with silence.
When he pointed out that we had booked connecting flights, car hire, a house to stay in and time off work he was again told that flights may have to be re-scheduled.
He then said that we had a confirmation e mail of our booking and it was confirmed on the manage my booking page and they had taken our money. Silence again.
Getting nowhere fast he asked for the phone number for customer services to be told they didn't have a phone number and to send a letter or fax if he wanted to contact them.
This is all so frustrating. People trying to rent out their property in Calabria have this to put up with as well as those of us who are going out to stay in their property or check on progress.
I'll post Ryanair's reply when I get it.
mags

PostPosted: January 18th, 2011, 7:00 pm 

It may also be that it is just work in progress.

Remember also that many new destinations were announced recently in the Italian and British press so it may point to planes being based in Lamezia and hence a new schedule.

From what I have been told EU airlines are not allowed receiving subsidy to fly into a certain airport, but there are no guidelines for landing, parking, servicing and everything else an airline needs. As previously theorised by someone else here it is well possible that certain airlines will pay very very very little for using the airport of Lamezia and maybe get some other services for free. And local authorities are perhaps allowed to subsidise airports to make up the shortfall.

In the meanwhile, we can wait.

Certainly for our business it is important that the flights get confirmed asap - we have booked property exhibitions in several countries based on the formal announcement from the Calabria Regional administration and I have no illusion that their contributions are required for this plan.

Dennis.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2011, 11:02 pm 

I do not think Ryanair would waste their and everybody else's time on test website schedules and allow some bookings etc if it was pie in the sky, I wonder if it is brinkmanship to squeeze extra concessions from Sacal and the airport re: charges and operating incentives? Or maybe just busy!! They have thousands of flights to schedule , price and load and they will NOT :) :) :) be overstaffed in this (or any) department.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2011, 11:39 pm 

Wanting to go out 29 April, now not much choice and missed good deals with other airlines and now only expensive ones so not very happy with Ryanair.....

PostPosted: January 19th, 2011, 1:21 pm 

I spoke to someone there again yesterday and she confirmed that flights will definitely not be taken off, but that they are at the moment confirming flight times and prices as they have had to reschedule flight times, they seem to tie in with the ones already published on here, she assured me that they would be available to book within 1 week! we can only hope .....

PostPosted: January 19th, 2011, 2:50 pm 

sunseeker wrote:
flights will definitely not be taken off

Pun intended?

PostPosted: January 19th, 2011, 2:55 pm 

Seems to be "all up in the air" at the moment...
or not??

PostPosted: January 19th, 2011, 3:34 pm 

Having problems getting the whole thing off the ground.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2011, 7:01 pm 

:lol: is it all just a flight of fancy??

PostPosted: January 19th, 2011, 7:15 pm 

Lyinair? .....

PostPosted: January 19th, 2011, 8:19 pm 

With 10 flights booked I hope it is not a wing and prayer and the flights prove to be more than a strong tailwind.....
Punz R Us...

For anyone from across the pond (Ricky Gervais styly) I apologise for any offence (offense?) the remarks may cause....

PostPosted: January 21st, 2011, 4:06 pm 

myjeanie wrote:
Does anyone actually really know why Ryanair no longer fly to Lamezia from Stansted. I heard rumours it was due to extortionate landing fees at Lamezia but if thats the case why are Ryanair still flying internally from other Italian airports to Lamezia. Ryanairs website do not state why they have stopped flying there either. It is so frustrating as there are no budget airlines now flying into Calabria at all. Someone out there must know what the real reason is. Any input gratefully received. Thanks

I have written to the customer services manager at Ryanair to find out exactly whats going on. When I telephoned they knew nothing and were quite negative. Now it has now disapeared from their web site. I can only assume it was an internal blip but hope they will answer my letter soon & will post the reply.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2011, 6:19 pm 

Having worked for an airline for 17years I am not surprised that the flights have not appeared as yet. Most airline do not release their summer schedules (April to oct) until Feb/mar time... I do not think there is reason to panic and do beleive the flights will appear intime. For those that booked I expect the load manager was working on the system and you were able to get in and book as the system is live. Just be patient and it will all appear in time. (i'm sure)

PostPosted: January 21st, 2011, 6:33 pm 

Ryanair pilot, Paddy... Is flying into Manchester. The plane is in trouble, so he calls the tower and says 'help, help! Easter Monday. Pancake Tuesday. New years eve. Halloween. Bonfire night! '

Voice comes back and says, ' for ********************************* sake Paddy, it's Mayday!!

PostPosted: January 21st, 2011, 7:24 pm 

sunflower wrote:
Having worked for an airline for 17years I am not surprised that the flights have not appeared as yet. Most airline do not release their summer schedules (April to oct) until Feb/mar time... I do not think there is reason to panic and do beleive the flights will appear intime. For those that booked I expect the load manager was working on the system and you were able to get in and book as the system is live. Just be patient and it will all appear in time. (i'm sure)

I agree with Sunflower, everyone be patient.

PostPosted: January 24th, 2011, 3:54 pm 

Hi All,
Phoned Ryanair today & they said they are working on the schedule for London-Lamezia & flights are deffinately running from March, said keep checking the website.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2011, 12:52 pm 

Thanks for the updates

PostPosted: January 26th, 2011, 3:57 pm 

I have just spoken to Ryanair who have assured me that the first flight to Lamezia is 2nd of March. The flights will be Monday,Wednesday and Friday departing at 1640. He said that the fares are not available so at this moment you cannot book ,but its imminent. I'm so excited that I will soon be able to see my nearly finished apartment on our nearly finished development thats only a couple of years late. :D :D

PostPosted: January 26th, 2011, 6:47 pm 

Wish they`d hurry up :lol:

PostPosted: January 26th, 2011, 10:32 pm 

just been on the local news that ryanair have resolved their long running dispute with manchester airport over fees, so hopefully might mean some flights from up north in time :o :)

PostPosted: January 31st, 2011, 1:24 pm 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, Just spoken to Ryanair to see where flights are -I have been told two different stories as I didnt want to believe the first one so I rang again!

1. Is that there will be no flights and the route has been taken off, try in September!
2. Is that the flights havent been released as they are having problems with Lamezia airport and not sure if/when they have been released

So, this isnt looking good and not sounding promising, perhaps someone else could give them a call and see what they hear! Im still holding out hope.....

Sunseeker

PostPosted: January 31st, 2011, 2:45 pm 

Hi
It would appear that different information is being given out every time someone phones. I phoned 10 minutes ago and was told that the schedule was being worked upon and that would it be released soon. I am holding off from booking another route because I am hoping this is true but as we want to go out during the first week in March I'm beginning to feel doubtful about it.
Margaret

PostPosted: January 31st, 2011, 3:57 pm 

Hi all,

Getting a bit concerned with my 10 flights in March and July. Just called Ryanair and the company script says "right now your flights are unchanged". If they are more than 2 hours amended then you will have the "opportunity" for a refund or re-route. How much notice will I get...."as soon as possible"...but "right now your flights are unchanged"...
A pure waste of 10 minutes and £1...

Let you know if I hear more..

PostPosted: January 31st, 2011, 9:12 pm 

Cheap flight connections make Italy the place to be

Monday, January 31, 2011
Sarah Kendell

The economic downturn in Italy, similarly to Spain, is having surprisingly enjoyable effects in some industries. Due to its comparatively low airport costs, Italy is set to become a bigger transport hub for the bargain airlines in the coming year, leading to increased tourism particularly for previously quiet areas.

Calabria's relatively small Lamezia airport particularly recorded strong growth last year, with a 16.2% increase in passenger arrivals, the highest in Italy. The airport expects a further 2 million more passengers than last year for 2011, with budget airline Ryanair increasing services to 45 per week.

Despite announcing a loss of 10 million euros for Q4 last year, Ryanair reported strong growth particularly in demand for flights to Spain and Italy, as the two nations' continuing national debt crises send prices plummeting, allowing tourists to cash in. Due to increasing costs, the airline is planning for now to phase out its original home airport of Dublin as a transit hub for its services, and instead increase services to and from these two European destinations.

The tourism and property industries are responding to this potential growth with a spate of deals. Move Channel partner Italian Residence Clubs is currently offering a five night 'try before you buy' trip on its properties in Tuscany, where for £299 the company will show prospective buyers around the region and take you to seven of the best properties on its books.

For more information on the Italian Residence Clubs deal, enquire on its Florence or Cortona properties, currently listed for sale on the Move Channel.

Interested in property in Italy?
Browse through our listings of apartments, houses and other properties in Malta here: http://italy.themovechannel.com/property/all/

PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 12:16 pm 

Hi guys
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I have just spoken to Ryanair and asked what was happening about the flights from Stansted to Lamezia. I needed to know so I can book alternate flights if the route is not going to go ahead, I was advised to book the alternate flights as this route was not confirmed !!! I also stated that many people had already booked flights on the internet and by phone and was told that they would be refunded.!!!
Why have they kept our hopes up for so long and then pull the rug from beneath us!! lets hope this is just a small glitch and I was given wrong information. :(

happybunny

PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 3:04 pm 

Thanks for that info happybunny. Hopefully its only a small glitch.
In the meantime to cheer u all up check why not check out flights to Rome (FCO) and then internal flights by easyjet or blue-expresse or Alitalia(more expensive) down to Lamezia, i bet u will be pleasently surprised at the prices. An early morning flight to Rome will ensure u will get connecting flights to Lamezia. Im going Sunday, leaving Dublin to Rome at 7am,easyjet at 1.30pm we will be in Lamezia at 2.30 to get 3.10 train down to Caulonia

PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 3:18 pm 

and theres another story.........

I just telephone Ryanair to be told that they are waiting for Lamezia airport to confirm if they can agree to the flight schedule! It should be available to book in one week!!! looks like we will be holding our breath for yet another week

I wish I could speak Italian, Id ring Lamezia airport and see if their story matches!

Lets hope this is true and we will all be happy with the outcome.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 3:31 pm 

joanne wrote:
, Id ring Lamezia airport and see if their story matches!

I'll do that!

PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 3:41 pm 

The joys of speaking Italian. Have just called Lamezia airport. They have told me that they don't have any information in regards to direct flights to Lamezia with the company Ryan air and that I would need to call Ryan air in regards.
The gentleman on the phone did confirm though that as of April Berlin Air will be doing direct flights to Lamezia.
There you go at least we have some good news.
The best thing to do is keep an eye on Ryan air web site. They might suprise us all an introduce them all of a sudden.

Buona giornata a tutti

Ciao ciao

Antonella :)

PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 4:03 pm 

Thank you Antonella

It does make you wonder. why have Ryanair given us false hope? Surely they would have been better telling the truth at least we could all have made alternative arrangements and who knows had to use Ryanair for other flights. Why do they not have a "normal" customer services where they tell you the truth. Im so fed up not knowing whether to wait or to book an alternative (and wait for 4 hours or more between flights and pay double!)

Arnt Air Berlin the really expensive ones though?

PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 4:49 pm 

iloveitaly wrote:
Thanks for that info happybunny. Hopefully its only a small glitch.
In the meantime to cheer u all up check why not check out flights to Rome (FCO) and then internal flights by easyjet or blue-expresse or Alitalia(more expensive) down to Lamezia, i bet u will be pleasently surprised at the prices. An early morning flight to Rome will ensure u will get connecting flights to Lamezia. Im going Sunday, leaving Dublin to Rome at 7am,easyjet at 1.30pm we will be in Lamezia at 2.30 to get 3.10 train down to Caulonia

How envious I am but I hope you have a safe journey and a good holiday, have checked alternative flights but after reading Joanne's post I might just hold on another week with everything crossed!! Ciao
happybunny

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2011, 2:31 pm 

Dear Joanne,

Nothing is normal now days...anyway I am sure it will all happen..WHEN is the big question at the moment....it is just a pain as you all want to be able to get organized and plan your holidays.
I am not sure about Air Berlins prices..always pays to check on a daily basis as there may be alterations in prices.

Happy searching....

Ciao ciao

Antonella :)

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2011, 10:11 pm 

Do Ryanair use the same PR Company as VFI and Giambrone Law I wonder ??....just a thought ! :roll: Glider.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next