A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ENEL
PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 5:24 pm 

Hello,

Has anyone ever paid extra into their ENEL account eg if you have a bill for €30 you pay in €45 cash at the bank or Post Office?

My reason for asking is because I had problems with my Barclays, Milan account and am in the process of opening a Post Office account. Before the direct debit is arranged I thought I would avoid causing problems with ENEL waiting for me to fly out on my infrequent trips by paying in an excess.

Has this been tried before as I just want to cover a few months and not cause delays for ENEL. I was over recently and whilst there went twice to a Post Office (both set up by appointment) but their internet link was broken which meant the account couldn't be opened.

Many thanks for any advice you can provide.

Kind regards

Chris

Post subject: Re: ENEL
PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 7:07 pm 

Hi Chris

Are you closing your Barclays account as it is very straight forward to set up a direct debit to pay your Enel bill through you Barcly's acount

Lorica

PostPosted: March 29th, 2011, 8:28 pm 

Hi Lorica,

Yes I closed my Barclays account. For fourteen months the direct debit was not being taken out and ENEL were chasing me for payment. I wrote numerous emails and had confirmation from Barclays my account was being debited. I paid two or three ENEL bills every time I went out there.

Finally Barclays admitted they had opened an account at another Milan branch that was somehow linked to my account allowing it to be debited with my account holding the set off credit balance. They debited my account and credited Suspense....all grief so decided to move on.

Regards

Chris

PostPosted: April 1st, 2011, 1:12 pm 

Barclays Milan are also giving me grief .
I would like to find other ways to pay my electric bill as it is costing me 140 euros a year just to have an account to pay enel.
I asked for a progressive account 70 euros per year and they said yes after one year of asking - but then refused to give me it because I said I wanted to close the dynamic account -crazy people.
My concern is the electric bill not being paid -but I do think it is a little ridiculous that I have to pay so much just to have an account with Barclays to pay mu electric bill If anyone knows how to change over the payment method without being cut off please advise
Thank you.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2011, 1:37 pm 

Azure wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone ever paid extra into their ENEL account eg if you have a bill for €30 you pay in €45 cash at the bank or Post Office?

My reason for asking is because I had problems with my Barclays, Milan account and am in the process of opening a Post Office account. Before the direct debit is arranged I thought I would avoid causing problems with ENEL waiting for me to fly out on my infrequent trips by paying in an excess.

Has this been tried before as I just want to cover a few months and not cause delays for ENEL. I was over recently and whilst there went twice to a Post Office (both set up by appointment) but their internet link was broken which meant the account couldn't be opened.

Many thanks for any advice you can provide.

Kind regards

Chris

In our case they sent the overpaid amount of money back by cheque.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2011, 6:48 pm 

We bank with IW Bank. Internet account and no cost for paying bills etc'
When you log on you can "chat" with an English speaking representative by keyboard text.
They are really helpful and helped me set up direct debit account with Enel.
They also have an English web page, and you can speak on the telephone.

Only problem I have is the excessive Enel bills that come in :shock:

http://www.iwbank.co.uk English page

https://www.iwbank.it/private/index_pub ... tid=131148 Italian page

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2011, 6:26 pm 

Thanks Dennis, I think I will give the draft back to my bank and have the funds returned to my account.

Thank you too Marco, I will look into your suggestion. Thanks for responding.

Regards to all.

Chris

PostPosted: April 5th, 2011, 6:30 pm 

How do most people manage their Enel bills?

I am looking for tips here as I was thinking of just setting up direct debit on my UK card if possible. Putting some money in an Italian account and set up direct debit would be ok too.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2011, 8:14 pm 

Hi All
We are going to close our Italian bank account when we go over later this month as it seems to be costing us a lot to keep open just to pay 3 utility bills. Enel, ici and waste collection for the year. So very interested in how others manage these costs and may open a post office account if cant find a way of doing it from uk accounts. Wondering about fairFX, anyone used this for bills?

PostPosted: April 30th, 2011, 8:48 pm 

The new direct pay with FairFX is a £500 minimum - direct to a bank account (yours or someone else's). It works well and means that you can do transfers when you spot a rate etc.

I use a bill paying service in Scalea (Northern Calabria) which works for me - there is a fee but they will also give advice and sort things out for you - eg translating documents etc.

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 2:37 pm 

Hi
We have had our apartment for nearly 2 years now and do not have an Italian bank account. We did have one at time of completion to transfer funds etc but because of the ridiculous charges we decided to close it. We can pay our taxes directly at the post office. We pay our Enel bill with our credit card. The bill comes to our home address and the only charge we have for paying it this way is less than £1. Last statement I noticed it was 70pence.
Margaret

PostPosted: May 1st, 2011, 3:16 pm 

Just cost us 50 Euros to close our account in Roccella. 30 euros comission to bank and 20 for help in translations and help to do this.
It was just eating up what money remained in there and was reccomended post office but they now charge 17 Euro per month for first year - life insurance, its a new thing apparently- then 30 Euro each year thereafter.

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2011, 8:35 pm 

We use a local agent to pay all our bills-he charges 120 euro per year for his services and we know that our bills are always paid on time regardless of when we are next going to Calabria. If for some reason we are not able to go we either get a neighbour to pay our agent or TT the money into his bank account via a lump sum.
The costs works out about the same as using a bank but our agent is extremely reliable and trustworthy and organised all the paperwork for paying the correct utility bills and taxes. There are many agents around to choose from but ours is called Galeano Immobillaire based in Pizzo if anyone is interested.
His english is not great but with the help of the internet and google translate we get by OK :)

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2011, 10:05 pm 

Is it possible to download an application form to sign up to enel ?. I think you have to pay the connection fee etc. at the post office if my memory serves me.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2011, 11:08 pm 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Hi Grumpy,
Not sure about being able to download an application form for Enel.
In my case and probably yours Grumpy, Demetrio (for those who are not aware, Demetrio is our builder/developer of Delta Club Residences and Casa Santa Maria) organised the electricity connection in our names. I went to the Post Office in Ricadi with Demetrio to pay Enel and he also helped to organise a Direct Debit mandate for Enel to take the amount charged for electricity bimonthly from my Italian Barclays account.
A year later when I had my electricity rating upgraded to 4.5Kw he organised it by telephone and the cost for upgrading was taken directly from my account at the same time as the bimonthly charge.
I believe that when the property was built in 2007 Demetrio initially paid for the Enel connection. When I purchased the property a year later I paid Enel for their reconnection charge which was approx. €300.
Hope thios information helps others regarding paying Enel charges.
davidnam

PostPosted: May 5th, 2011, 9:29 am 

Paul McDonnell got my electricity connected, is going to pay my 1st ENEL bill (as it has to be paid in person) and set up a direct debit for me from my Italian Barclays account. I've just found out that there are no charges fro direct debits on my account (progressive) so that's a relief!

PostPosted: May 5th, 2011, 9:41 pm 

We never paid our first Enel bill in person. We paid it through our Barclay's account we scanned and sent the first bill to them they were then able to set up the direct debit for future Enel bills.

Lorica

PostPosted: May 6th, 2011, 11:35 am 

Thanks David, I will have to speak with my Builder in Cropani when next over there.
Roll on ' Estate' when I can practice [ slaughter] the Italian language again on any unsuspecting local foolish enough to listen !

PostPosted: December 14th, 2012, 4:25 pm 

Hi Folks,
I have just signed up to receive my Enel bills on-line. I pay by Direct Debit from my Barclays Bank Italia account but you can pay on-line as well which may suit others on the Forum. You can also view all your historical bills, upgrade your supply, check your consumption etc. on this portal.
Use the following url to get to their registration page
http://www.enel.it/it-IT/clienti/enel_s ... elettrico/

I have also discovered that by using Google Chrome as my browser instead of Firefox and you right click "Italia" (top right of screen (next to the flag) and choose "translate to English" it will translate each page automatically into English.
Go to the bottom of the page click "Sign in MyEnel" "and follow the instructions to register and view your Enel account.

On another pojnt re Enel, my 2012 bills amounted to €507 compared to €389 for 2011. Has anyone noticed whether Enel have increased their rates or maybe a Monti effect? This year has been the best occupancy rate I have had in the 4 years I have been renting and the weather has been remarkably good so it could be that. A 25%+ increase on your bill from last year does make you stop and wonder!
davidnam

PostPosted: December 14th, 2012, 7:15 pm 

Hi David

I too receive my Enel bills online and like you direct debit.
I will check my last years bills and let you know if there has been an increase in charges.

Lorica

PostPosted: December 14th, 2012, 9:54 pm 

davidnam wrote:
Hi Folks,
I have just signed up to receive my Enel bills on-line. I pay by Direct Debit from my Barclays Bank Italia account but you can pay on-line as well which may suit others on the Forum. You can also view all your historical bills, upgrade your supply, check your consumption etc. on this portal.
Use the following url to get to their registration page

I have also discovered that by using Google Chrome as my browser instead of Firefox and you right click "Italia" (top right of screen (next to the flag) and choose "translate to English" it will translate each page automatically into English.
Go to the bottom of the page click "Sign in MyEnel" "and follow the instructions to register and view your Enel account.

On another pojnt re Enel, my 2012 bills amounted to €507 compared to €389 for 2011. Has anyone noticed whether Enel have increased their rates or maybe a Monti effect? This year has been the best occupancy rate I have had in the 4 years I have been renting and the weather has been remarkably good so it could be that. A 25%+ increase on your bill from last year does make you stop and wonder!
davidnam
hi David my electic bills were much higher this year ,at least 30% higher than last year..

PostPosted: December 19th, 2012, 10:38 pm 

I have been checking the unit prices that I have been paying this past year.
The rates charged for my last bill for Nov - Dec 2012 was definitely higher than Nov - Dec 2011 rates. The rates charged for June - July 2012 were even higher than the Nov - Dec 2012 rates. I think I did read somewhere that they do charge a higher rate at peak times of the day, it would appear that they are doing this for peak times of the year as well.
If anyone can enlighten us on this please let us know.
davidnam .

PostPosted: December 20th, 2012, 9:18 am 

Hi David

I think this right .. It's more expensive to use electricity during the day. We have an electric water heater and try (when we remember) to heat it up over night. Electricity is also cheaper over a weekend and bank holidays.

Lorica

PostPosted: January 31st, 2014, 4:52 pm 

Hi tonymccready3,
Sorry to hear about your problems with the Enel website.
I have seen the webpage with the free 800 .. telephone number that you mentioned when browsing their website. I did manage to leave this page and had access to the rest of the website without too much of a problem.
I use Google Chrome to visit the Enel website as it gives an automatic Engish translation which makes life easier for me, but it does slows the computer a little.

The url I use to access their site is :-

After signing in and entering the 9 digit Customer Supply number you have a selection of a number of topics to view from the list on the left hand side of the web page which include :-
1. 'Your Data.
2. 'Check the Bill' ( all bills back to 2010),
3.. 'Pay the Bill' (7 different ways to pay your bill in and outside Italy). These include:-
Direct on-line with an Italian Credit card only.
By debiting your Bank or Post Office account.
Debit from Credit card.
At one of the enabled ATM's.
cash at any of the Post Office branches.
At the Lotto, tobacconists and bars connected to Services Lottomatica and Sisal.
At one of the bank branches
By foreign bank transfer.
4. Changing the address
plus 5 other topics to modify your contract etc.
There is a heading named 'Your Counter' where you can give them a reading, read the consumption, request a test and move the counter.
Finaly there are two more headings 'Your contract' and 'Phone consulting' where you can modify your contract and details.
Hope this information helps you and maybe others, good luck.

I have been reviewing my payments to Enel for the past few years.
I paid €389 in 2011,m €507 in 2012 and €627 in 2013. This is approximately a 25%year on year increase. I have had more rentals each year over this period with last year being very good but the electricity costs have been a lot more than what I expected. Does anyone have information on the tariffs that Enel have charged for the past few years?
The UK Big Six are not the ony ones increasing their tariffs more than inflation.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2014, 5:26 pm 

thanks for your interest and reply davidnam. i can get right thru to the view your bill section but whereas before i was able to view it online it wont let me view it now!! once again thanks for your help anyway. best wishes

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2014, 11:52 am 

Hi Tony,
Are you saying that you cannot get to see your current and previous years bills at all when clicking 'Controlla la Boiletta' (Check the Bill) or the pdf document for the individual bimonthly bill?
Yesterday I had problems viewing my pdf document for my current bill but it was alright today !!

PostPosted: February 10th, 2014, 5:36 pm 

As we live here in Calabria it's no problem for us to get our enel bill sent to our post box. Costs 2 euros in the shop to pay them.
Electricity is cheaper after 7pm until 8 am and Sats and Suns and Bank holidays.
Most washing machines have a delayed timer just discovered recently that ours had! Means you can put a load in and time it to come on and be ready to hang out in the morning.
I realise that this is not a possibility if you are renting out.

Another thread banks but perhaps only if you live here and have a local bank.

We are seriously considering closing our Banca Nuova account. I have an account with them. No mortgage never been overdrawn ( unlike when at home !!)
I've a Bancomat card so I can go to the hole in the wall, when it's working that's another story.
I sometimes use it to pay supermarket bills and recently to top up our yearly internet access. I know that we pay extra if we use the card away from the bank but just looked at a recent statement.
241.87 euros Competenze I assume that is commission but would like to hear views of others.
Only direct debit we have from it is for Sky tv but I'm sure we could pay that elsewhere.

Sorry for going off track re enel will look at past bills and see how much they have risen over the years.

But would appreciate thoughts on the bank situation.

mags

PostPosted: February 10th, 2014, 8:00 pm 

Mags

Have you thought about opening a post office account?

Lorica

PostPosted: February 12th, 2014, 5:05 pm 

anyone got any views or opinons on switching to OMNIA energia??

PostPosted: August 7th, 2014, 6:51 am 

Now Barclays Italia have close my account I now find I need to make an international payment to Enel in order to pay my electricity bills. I telephoned Enel Italy yesterday but I could not make them understand that I need the bank name and address and the full 27 character IBAN no. Has anyone on the forum previously made a payment before this way and would you have the relevant information which would very much assist and ensure I have the correct details

PostPosted: August 7th, 2014, 8:09 am 

Enel Servizio Electtrico Spa
Grandmasue

A friend of mine pays Enel using the following details.

Hope this helps

Lorica

Intesa San Paola SPA
Banca Intesa S.P.A.
Sede di Roma
Via del Corso, 226
00187 Roma
Italia

BCITITMM700
IT78A0101004420000806880911

Fattura

PostPosted: August 7th, 2014, 2:02 pm 

Thank you for your help Lorica it is very much appreciated and then I just have to add my client number as the reference and the amount. The forum is such a great way of sharing and solving prblems

PostPosted: February 25th, 2015, 1:49 pm 

HI all
I am trying to find out what the correct IBAN, swift code and bank details are for Enel, I have tried every which way to pay even ringing them but they won't take UK credit card, can't pay dd out of our Italian bank so the only way I have discovered is to pay it from our UK bank at the cost of £25 per transaction! but I need the above information which I can not find on Enel's website. Can anyone help please? it would be much appreciated.
Dragonfly

PostPosted: February 25th, 2015, 3:49 pm 

Dragonfly

This should do it.

Lorica

Enel Servizio Electtrico Spa
Intesa San Paola SPA
Banca Intesa S.P.A.
Sede di Roma
Via del Corso, 226
00187 Roma
Italia

BCITITMM700
IT78A0101004420000806880911

PostPosted: February 25th, 2015, 4:39 pm 

dragonfly if i were you i would seriously consider changing to omnia . you can pay from a uk bank account and they are very easy to deal with

PostPosted: February 25th, 2015, 4:43 pm 

Hi Dragonfly

Lorica was kind last year to furnish the bank details, I pay annually in advance from my Barclays UK euro account and that has worked out with no problems

PostPosted: February 25th, 2015, 5:18 pm 

Many thanks everyone for all your help and advice. I shall pay Enel and look at the other option of changing to omni - thank you ;-)