A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Intasure / Fiscal code
PostPosted: February 14th, 2015, 7:37 pm 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Hi Doodles,
I also received an email today from Intasure requesting my Fiscal Code so they can send it to the Revenue authorities in Italy.
Anyone who has purchased a property would have had a Fiscal Code issued. I am just wondering whether the Revenue Authorities (is this their Italian Tax Authority?) are checking everyone for to see if they have paid their Service Tax or IMU. The other aspect they maybe checking for to see if everyone has submitted their Tax Return for rental income!
The Revenue Authority could of course get everyone's Fiscal Code from the various Comunes!

PostPosted: February 14th, 2015, 7:53 pm 

Hi Davidnam Thank you for your reply.
Why should the insurance co be responsible to do this and quite frankly why would they want to become involved.As you say surely they should contact the comunes.The government should either contact the individuals directly or as stated through the comunes.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 11:08 am 

Recently our owners Google group has received phishing e-mails supposedly from our administrator and also several members have had their accounts hacked. This "fiscal code " request may be genuine but at the moment I would advise members to be very cautious .

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 11:32 am 

I requested a call back from Intasure on Friday and the request for Codice Fiscale information is genuine and sent from Intasure.

Lorica

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 1:07 pm 

i just sent mine to them yesterday....hope i havnt shot myself in the foot!!!

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 1:56 pm 

It just seemed odd to me that the authorities are looking for this information in an area where it is not compulsory to have insurance so some people could be missed. When they could glean the same information from your rates or rubbish taxes which everybody pays.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 2:06 pm 

Hi Casper
I agree with you and for now we will not be sending our fiscal code.Our commune has all our details.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 3:01 pm 

Can not understand why the Italian Tax Authority would ask Intasure to collect this information for them ?

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 4:52 pm 

My take is that insurance companies operating in Italy are required by law to have the Codice Fiscale for each of their clients. A codice fiscale is required when you buy a house, a car, a mobile phone - and a home contents insurance. Perhaps it's part of the drive against tax evasion: don't declare an income, own a castle, insure it's contents for 20 million, claim unemployment benefits ;-).

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 7:06 pm 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
I will be sending my Codice Fiscale to Intasure. I wouldn't want my insurance policy put into jeopardy for lack of informatiion requested by them.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 9:19 pm 

davidnam wrote:
I will be sending my Codice Fiscale to Intasure. I wouldn't want my insurance policy put into jeopardy for lack of informatiion requested by them.

Agree absolutely, insurance law is very tight on this kind of full disclosure.

PostPosted: February 15th, 2015, 10:45 pm 

Intasure in their email do not state that the insurance policy will be invalid without this info.We pay our premiums in sterling in this country.When a fiscal code is issued is the government in one dept or another not aware of this ? Is the Italian government writing to insurance companies in Italy,Russia etc asking for the same info?

PostPosted: February 17th, 2015, 11:34 pm 

We have been advised of the following by Intasure
'We would like to emphasise that the requirement for Insurance Companies to provide specific information to the Italian Tax Authorities is made pursuant to Italian Law, therefore Insurers have no option but to comply with this request. The specified information is name, address (of the Italian property), fiscal code and premium details. If you own a property in Italy, you are required to have a fiscal code. Any failure to provide Insurers with the necessary information to meet their reporting obligations to the Italian Tax Authorities may result in your Policy being non renewed / cancelled.' So we have given the information requested.