A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2007, 11:34 am 

We are in the process of buying a property in Pizzo but will need to have some work done to it before we are able to use it. We are looking for someone we could meet with over there to tell them all the jobs we need doing! Does anyone have any contacts in this area (who can speak english, as my Italian is certainly not going to be good enough), that they could recommend or have already used themselves.

Thanks very much

Post subject: Recommendations
PostPosted: November 5th, 2007, 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Sue,

Just wondering how you are getting on with your property in Pizzo and whether you've found a project manager/someone to help you?

I've just set up a new thread titled "Recommendations" so if you've found anyone you think is good/reliable/trustworthy etc do please post a note with your own experiences/recommendations.

Look forward to hearing how you are getting on!

Sam

Post subject: Pizzo
PostPosted: December 12th, 2007, 5:08 pm 

Sorry, not been on this site for ages, been busy sorting the rest of my life out!! Work, universities for son, and the apartment. Still ongoing. We were waiting ages for a report from the surveyor, then the vendor changed his mind twice about selling at all, but I think we are back on track now. With regards to a local builder etc, I think the lady who did our survey will also be able to act as a project manager for the bit of building works we need done. Could just be a bit of a communication problem, as only started italian evening classes in september!! That's all part of the adventure tho, isn't it? Not so sure my husband agrees with that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 12th, 2007, 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Sue

I have got people that I had lined up to help with a building I was going to renovate. Send me a private message and I'll give you the info. I have.

Good luck,

K. regards

Alex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 15th, 2008, 4:49 pm 

alex.r wrote:
Hi Sue

I have got people that I had lined up to help with a building I was going to renovate. Send me a private message and I'll give you the info. I have.

Good luck,

K. regards

Alex.

Hi Alex, not sure this is a private email, so let me know. Any contacts you may have to recommend would be great. I must admit it is a bit daunting thinking we have to trust someone to do the work when we are so far away, especially when my husband would normally do most work himself, but he really does not want to attempt any kind of plumbing./electrical in foreign parts! Also not wanting to get ripped off as foreign buyers is something we read about all the time too.

Thanks again

Sue