A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Energy Certificates
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2018, 6:02 pm 

Has anyone had to obtain one of these, and if so, how much did it cost please.

certificate of energetic performance (certificato di qualificazione energetica)

Post subject: Re: Energy Certificates
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2018, 10:29 pm 

Hi mimosas
We are in the process of getting one of these. Known also as APE I think
You now need one when selling your property here which we are doing.
Our estate agent is contacting the architect who built the house to get this and as soon as I know the cost I'll let you know.
I can't believe how expensive it is to sell here. 3% for estate agent 1% government tax

At least no notary fee as the buyer pays for this

You'll probably know all this
mags

PostPosted: September 4th, 2018, 10:11 am 

Thanks Mags

PostPosted: September 8th, 2018, 1:13 pm 

I've had a reply from the geometra. Cost is 600 euros plus 22% vat.
If you are selling you also need a certificate of habitation 650 euros plus vat I would have thought the latter would have been included in our buying fee.
Then, as we added a swimming pool after we moved in it is not on original garden plans although original geometra got planning permission for it. That's almost 200 000 euros
So, to sell here we'll be lucky to buy a tent in Scotland.
Leaving everything here apart from clothes and a few family ornaments and pictures.
Can't add up what we've spent here over the years but I know some will think we're lucky to have a home but we're due to lose almost 200.00 000 euros.
We also lost out money too on our original buy at San Sostene.
Sorry if I come across bitter and twisted but I am
mags

PostPosted: September 8th, 2018, 1:13 pm 

I've had a reply from the geometra. Cost is 600 euros plus 22% vat.
If you are selling you also need a certificate of habitation 650 euros plus vat I would have thought the latter would have been included in our buying fee.
Then, as we added a swimming pool after we moved in it is not on original garden plans although original geometra got planning permission for it. That's almost 200 000 euros
So, to sell here we'll be lucky to buy a tent in Scotland.
Leaving everything here apart from clothes and a few family ornaments and pictures.
Can't add up what we've spent here over the years but I know some will think we're lucky to have a home but we're due to lose almost 200.00 000 euros.
We also lost out money too on our original buy at San Sostene.
Sorry if I come across bitter and twisted but I am
mags

PostPosted: September 8th, 2018, 3:34 pm 

Have some quotes in

Price for electric certificate in Lorica euros 300.

There is also guy on the coast who can organise one for around euros 325 - he is in Lamezia.

Also he charges 1% of the sale price for doing all the legals plus his expenses for the day, ie train, lunch at the notary's office. I think that is pretty good. His name is Andrea Parisi <avv.andreaparisi@gmail.com>

PostPosted: September 9th, 2018, 7:06 am 

I'm so glad you posted that, thank you.
Your quote is half of ours for the APE. I'll get on to it now.
I'm not even sure what's involved in this certificate, wonder if they get in touch with ENEL.
Also wondering if you got the certificato di agibilita hability when you first bought your property.
If so I'll querry why we didn't and now have to pay to get one as it's needed when selling.
I had thought of sending you a pm as this topic may not be of any interest to others at the moment but decided to post it as it could be of use in the future for those who decide to sell.

PostPosted: September 9th, 2018, 12:34 pm 

From what I know about Certificate of Habitation (certificato di agibilita hability) : If its a new build its a legal requirement. in some places you can't live in the house without it - as it isn't deemed habitable - as the name of the certificate suggests. In most parts, its still an ongoing process and will take a few years to work through. Certainly in earthquake zones they are a must. If you don't have one then it's another job for the Geometra. If you have done work on the property then your geometra/architect should have sorted it as a matter of course. I believe you can sell without, depends on the buyer but they may ask for a reduction in price - €1,500 appears to be the norm to cover the cost and inconvenience.

I always ensure there is a certificate of habitation with any property, but only because I am aware of it. Not everyone would realise they are missing a vital document when signing at the notary.

Energy certificates were bought in on 1st July 2009 so if you purchased prior to that the seller wasn't obliged to provide one. If you wish to sell now then it's a legal requirement to produce a certificate which is valid for (I believe) 10 years.

PostPosted: September 28th, 2018, 12:43 pm 

I couldn' t reply before as something was preventing me on replying. Not sure if it was me or at other end.
Just wanted to thank you for all your very useful information re the certificates we need before we can sell here.
Very disillusioned by all that we are are quoted to pay by someone who really should be on our side.
Can't wait to sell here for all sort of reasons.
Mags