A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 10:12 am 

Hello there,

I'm from RoI and am buying a one bed in Pizzo Beach Club. Now that completion appears to be close, I'm trying to get my hands on a Codice Fiscale.

It seems a very simple process if you are based in the UK but it's very hard to get info if you are doing it from Ireland. The website says nothing, phone calls are transferred to voicemails that aren't set up and emails are not returned.

Does anyone know what documents you need if you are to present yourself at the Italian Consulate? I really only want to take one day off work for it.

Report this post
PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 11:24 am 

Hi Newincalabria

Well im not sure about how its done in your specific country but i know that if your here in person in calabria and go to the local office, dead simple process and it can be done in 20-30 mins. it costs nothing to get, (here anyway) so beware anyone saying the can get it for a charge!!

As for the furniture, there are plenty of diffrent sources and many can recomend places or companys that will help.

M

As a cravet, you only need your passport and proof of address.....

Report this post
PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 11:41 am 

Hi New in Calabria!,

Welcome to the Forum, I'm sure you'll find plenty of information here to help you. We're from Dublin and have bought on the East coast. You can get a Codice Fiscale number from the Italian Embassy in Dublin, 63/65
Northumberland Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. We got ours there and there was no problem whatsoever. If you email Althea Brandonisio [althea.brandoni...@esteri.it], she will send the necessary form to you by email. They are also free.. Their telephone number is 01-6642311.

Having said all that to you, and having applied for the numbers ourselves, our solicitor told us that he already obtained these numbers for us as it was a requirement to have these numbers when the preliminary contract was drawn up ( in 2008). Maybe check with your Solicitor first but perhaps they all have different processes in place.

Rgds,

Berni

Report this post
PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 12:12 am 

Hi All

I did it from the Uk. I got the forms from the web site filled them in sent copies of my passport and proof of residency all off to the Italian Embassy in the Uk. I then got a letter with the number on. When I sorted my husbands out I ask them to send the card with the number on as I hadn't received it. A short while later my husbands card arrive and they also sent mine as well. Very easy to do and one thing that is actually stress free!

Regards
Pam

Report this post
PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 10:12 am 
Hi newincalabria, it looks like you have the right advice for the codice fiscale.
With regards to furniture packs I would strongly recommend not buying through the local agents as they all bump up the prices. I would be happy to recommend where I got mine if you wanna have a chat.

Report this post

PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 12:20 pm 

Calabria1111 wrote:
"With regards to furniture packs I would strongly recommend not buying through the local agents as they all bump up the prices".

Not necessarily the case.

That depends on what agent you use for sourcing your furniture. as a whole, most of the companies here in Calabria (East coast or West) are of good standing and don’t “Mark up”.
We, in our own specific case, have given over 80 clients help to get their homes furnished from 1 chair to the whole house, including the kitchen sink! Not one has had their prices “Bumped” up. That’s a fact I’m willing to stand by, I’m sure if you were to ask any of our clients they will confirm that for you. A flat fee for the day is all we charge, for that we accompany you, provide translation, help with second opinions and if need be throw in our own ideas, and, no, we don’t get commission either, how could we when nine times out of ten, we don’t know where you might want to go. However, if we as local companies have local knowledge of where to save you money, then its our dutie to point that fact out by sugesting places/stores/shops we know, after all, we all want our money to go as far as possible in any given puchase, no matter where we may be.

Not every Company is out to “Mark up” and im not saying that some dont, some do and to rather a large extent as well, its just, we (as a whole) are here to help the best we can to try and change the perception or thought process that everyone’s out to make a “Fast buck”.

Now please don’t get me wrong, each to their own with regards to sourcing furniture and or other items for their new home, after all what works for one person may not work for another, its just a shame that due to previous companies, that were out to “Rob you blind”, this perception is now imbedded into some peoples mindset.

On the positive side of things, I’m glad you yourself were able to source your furniture yourself, its always good to have a crack yourself and that’s (in my opinion) all part of the fun, but, as i said, each to their own, hence local companies exsist to help those that want it.

Good luck to you all in your respective new homes.

Best regards.

Mark Goodhind.
Calabriaservices/Calabria4u

Report this post
PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 2:04 pm 

Im Irish and I have completed and furnished my apartment. I must say I found the locals in our area very good and gave me competitive prices. I shopped around first myself and my husband, isnt that what we do at home, and then went for what i liked and bargained. If u have the time to do this it is very enjoyable. Happy shopping

Report this post
PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 6:30 pm 

Hi Berniec

Was it easy enough to find plenty of shops for furniture and kitchens? Were they able to deliver the items when you were there? How do you find out where all the shops are? I know lots of questions. What shops did you find to be the best and where?

Report this post
PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 7:46 pm 

Many options for furniture.

I have seen recommendations for:-
http://www.emmezeta.org/
(with an English speaking director, and van loan/hire - just off the autostrada - easy to find)

http://www.turcolarredamento.it/
(Vincenzo speaks excellent English - good quality goods, and not overcharged at all. Eg 4k euros for a fully fitted kitchen for better than a £4k DIY kitchen from B&Q. We bought beds, wardrobes etc. Centre of Amanatea.)

http://local.libero.it/amantea/aziende/ ... i-amantea/
(Turco Expert, Amantea. White goods, TV/Hi-Fi, Mobile Broadband - and Endrio will phone and register/enable it for you!!)

http://www.aiazzone.it/
(This is what used to be Per Sempre on the Catanzaro road from Lamezia)

Report this post
PostPosted: May 14th, 2010, 1:15 pm 

Thank you all so much for the advice, the codice fiscale should be straight forward now.

Lots of food for thought with the furniture as well although at 5 months pregnant and with a crazy 1 year old in tow, I don't think I want to go shopping. I just want someone to do it all for me for next to nothing, not too much to ask for!

I will have a good look through all the suggestions given, many thanks indeed.

Report this post
PostPosted: May 14th, 2010, 9:29 pm 

Hi,
I'm from Ireland too and have bought in Gizzeria Marina, La Brezza, about 10 minutes drive from Lamezia Terme.

About your Codice Fiscale, your solicitor should look after that for you. (ours did) You will need your passport and your birth certificate. You will have to get your passport notarised here in Ireland. and then send it off to Italy

For furniture, you have a few options, close to Piso. Mercatone Trony in Marinella, www.mercatonetrony.it which is near Lamezia, sell everything you need under one roof. Kitchens, bedroom furniture, Dining room, bathroom etc. They also sell bedding, towels, eggcups, plates, cork screws (very important) :) absolutely everything and are very reasonably priced.

Another option is the huge shopping centre called Du Mare, which in on the Cantanzaro Road out of Lamezia. There is electrical stores and a big Carrefourre there.

Welcome to the Forum BTW. I'm from Dublin, but now live in Galway.

Hope the info helped.

Joan

Report this post
PostPosted: May 16th, 2010, 5:59 pm 

My development is Vista Montagna in Caulonia
Ye i bought as much local as i possibly could. The sat markets are pretty good for basics like curtains, curtainrails, pictures,pots and pans, cleaning brushes etc. Caulonia market is very big and on Sat, Rochellas is Tues and Jiosas is Sunday. If you walk around Caulonia you will find the shops for most of your basics.
We also went to the big shopping complex just beyond Jiosa its where McDonalds is, its huge has Euronics upstairs where u can buy anything from patio furniture to wall lights and all electrical appliances. They deliver next day and you can log on to their website www.euronics.it
to have a look at what they have in big appliances to get an idea of prices.The shopping complex also has a a big Spar supermarket downstairs where u can get good household basics. Go there first and get an idea of what you can get there and then decide for youself.
I used a local furniture guy in Caulonia, Essemobili, for my kitchen and bedroom furniture his name is Claudio. His showrooms are just about 1 and a half miles outside Caulonia heading for Riace. He supplied me with my kitchen, and all bedroom furniture, settee, and chairs. Anyone will direct u to his showhouse. Caulonia town is coming on nicely. You have Moonlight Cafe, the staff are friendly and serve the cheapest lattes and beers , and accross the road a lovely pizza bar, in the little square opposite the train station a lovely restaurant serving fish and steaks, another cafe,Planet Cafe, and a very good tourist office where the lady can book train tickets, and excursions, and give u daily bus times.She can book u tickets like an excursion to the volcanic islands, which is a must if you are staying for any length of time. Its a full day out.At the back of this square is a good hardware shop for drill bits locks etc and just down from this is a chineese shop with clothes handbags coats luggage etc.Its a beautifull town. Keep this in mind because all other towns will have the same services, towns like Rochella Jionica and Jiosa. It,s just a matter of getting out there and looking. We had no car and depended on public transport but we got there and back to various places. I have to say though by driving yourself it is a big big bonus. My apt is for rental feel free to check it out on my facebook page , its a 2 bed with a setee also which lets out as a double bed. Its available for €50 per night for June and July and €60 per night for Aug
www.facebook.com/album.phpaid=2033473&i ... 2322a19408
for info
Feel free to pm me if you wish.

Report this post
PostPosted: May 17th, 2010, 6:20 pm 

bernieclancy wrote:
My development is Vista Montagna in Caulonia
Ye i bought as much local as i possibly could. The sat markets are pretty good for basics like curtains, curtainrails, pictures,pots and pans, cleaning brushes etc. Caulonia market is very big and on Sat, Rochellas is Tues and Jiosas is Sunday. If you walk around Caulonia you will find the shops for most of your basics.
We also went to the big shopping complex just beyond Jiosa its where McDonalds is, its huge has Euronics upstairs where u can buy anything from patio furniture to wall lights and all electrical appliances. They deliver next day and you can log on to their website http://www.euronics.it
to have a look at what they have in big appliances to get an idea of prices.The shopping complex also has a a big Spar supermarket downstairs where u can get good household basics. Go there first and get an idea of what you can get there and then decide for youself.
I used a local furniture guy in Caulonia, Essemobili, for my kitchen and bedroom furniture his name is Claudio. His showrooms are just about 1 and a half miles outside Caulonia heading for Riace. He supplied me with my kitchen, and all bedroom furniture, settee, and chairs. Anyone will direct u to his showhouse. Caulonia town is coming on nicely. You have Moonlight Cafe, the staff are friendly and serve the cheapest lattes and beers , and accross the road a lovely pizza bar, in the little square opposite the train station a lovely restaurant serving fish and steaks, another cafe,Planet Cafe, and a very good tourist office where the lady can book train tickets, and excursions, and give u daily bus times.She can book u tickets like an excursion to the volcanic islands, which is a must if you are staying for any length of time. Its a full day out.At the back of this square is a good hardware shop for drill bits locks etc and just down from this is a chineese shop with clothes handbags coats luggage etc.Its a beautifull town. Keep this in mind because all other towns will have the same services, towns like Rochella Jionica and Jiosa. It,s just a matter of getting out there and looking. We had no car and depended on public transport but we got there and back to various places. I have to say though by driving yourself it is a big big bonus. My apt is for rental feel free to check it out on my facebook page , its a 2 bed with a setee also which lets out as a double bed. Its available for €50 per night for June and July and €60 per night for Aug
http://www.facebook.com/album.phpaid=20 ... 2322a19408
for info
Feel free to pm me if you wish.

Hi
Im looking to contact the 2 irish lads who helps on completion i think i heard about them on this forum .
I think one of there names was Paul do anyone knowwho im taking about

lis

Report this post
PostPosted: May 17th, 2010, 7:30 pm 

Hi Lis

You need Paul and Tom.

http://www.CalabriaManagementServices.com/

Report this post
PostPosted: March 17th, 2017, 12:26 pm 
Margomac wrote:
Hi Lis

You need Paul and Tom.