A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This section is a private section only for registered users and exists for the private exchange of information amongst members.

By being a registered user and accessing this section you accept our terms and conditions and agree that posts are owned by their poster and specifically that the forum's administrators and moderators have no responsibility whatsoever and cannot be asked to remove, edit or otherwise change opinions expressed in this forum.

Per quelli che non capiscono l'Inglese: Questa e' una sezione riservata ai membri del forum. Diventando membro del forum e accedendo a questa sezione accetti le condizioni del forum ed inoltre accetti che le opinioni espresse in questa sezione sono la proprietà e responsabilità dell'autore e che gli amministratori del forum non hanno nessuna responsabilità legale e nessun obbligo a rimuove articoli.

Post subject: Caulonia, Calabria
PostPosted: January 12th, 2016, 3:32 pm 

We bought off plan 2007 on a development called Villago Angelo in Caulonia.
The development was never completed and building work came to a halt a year or two later.
So the 50% of the purchase price that we paid upfront was lost.
The last pictures I have seen (quite a few years ago) are showing just two “skeleton buildings.”
Is there anyone who uses this forum who also bought there? Or know of anyone who did?
Or have you successfully recovered your money from any other failed development in Calabria?
I know there were other developments going on in Caulonia at the time we were viewing. So if there is anyone who bought on another development and is lucky to have a place in Caulonia, do you know of this development, Villago Angelo and are there still just two “skeleton buildings”.
We have used an Italian law firm to try and recover our money but no luck.
Any information would be gratefully received.

Post subject: Re: Caulonia, Calabria
PostPosted: January 14th, 2016, 3:11 pm 

Anika
There is a thread on the forum dealing with Villaggio Angelo.
I have purchased in another development in Caulonia.
There are big problems with property seizures by the anti mafia police.
my advice.....try and get your money back? And use a British based lawyer.
Post subject: problems at Villaggio Angelo

Post subject: Re: Caulonia, Calabria
PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 11:44 pm 

Hi,

If you used a UK based law firm to carry out the transaction - then your best bet is to sue the law firm using a competent UK barrister who has already undertaken this work. The deciding factor here will be the indemnity insurer of the UK law firm at the time of your transaction. This will determine if they will settle out of court or not. This is a proven method for recovering "most" of the money paid.

If you used an Italian Law firm to carry out the transaction then again you can sue them for negligence, but I don't know for certain that this has been done. Again you would need a good solicitor to do it.

You can also proceed against the builders (Bella Calabria 2005) and the owners of Elledi Construction. As people have said, much of Bella Calabria is tied up in mafia investigations - but VA has not been included in this (which is strange)

I can give you the names of a UK Barrister who has sued UK law firm working in Italy. And Italian Lawyer who has had judgments against Elledi & its owners (not altogether a success, as a 2nd case needed to be brought in the location of the fraud, due to the splendid Italian legal system, but you could benefit from this experience). Send me a PM.

What you wont find it too much help from people who have settled, as part of the settlement agreement is that they don't discuss the case afterwards on pain of further litigation (but this time the other way around!)...

I would say that you need to do something pretty quickly - as the statute of limitations means that time is running out!... (and the insurers of a certain law firm must have pretty empty coffers by now!...)