A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This section is a private section only for registered users and exists for the private exchange of information amongst members.

By being a registered user and accessing this section you accept our terms and conditions and agree that posts are owned by their poster and specifically that the forum's administrators and moderators have no responsibility whatsoever and cannot be asked to remove, edit or otherwise change opinions expressed in this forum.

Per quelli che non capiscono l'Inglese: Questa e' una sezione riservata ai membri del forum. Diventando membro del forum e accedendo a questa sezione accetti le condizioni del forum ed inoltre accetti che le opinioni espresse in questa sezione sono la proprietà e responsabilità dell'autore e che gli amministratori del forum non hanno nessuna responsabilità legale e nessun obbligo a rimuove articoli.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2013, 8:11 am 

Hidden cameras in airplanes in Italy record thieves taking cellphones, loot: 29 arrested

By Associated Press, Published: May 3

ROME — Italian police have arrested 29 airport baggage handlers accused of stealing cameras, cellphones and other loot from passengers’ luggage, a bust made possible after hidden cameras were installed in airplane cargo holds where the thefts occurred.

Italian national carrier Alitalia said Friday it cooperated with police at Rome’s Leonardo da Vinci airport and in Lamezia Terme, in the “toe” of boot-shaped Italy, where the investigation began in 2011 and spread to a half-dozen airports across the country.

Lamezia Terme airport deputy police chief Ferruccio Martucci said investigators were stumped where the loot was being stolen and theorized that the only place where handlers could be assured of secrecy was in the cargo holds. He said police installed temperature-and -pressure resistant cameras in the holds and identified the thieves.

PostPosted: May 4th, 2013, 8:41 am 

Should stop the luggage going missing for awhile.

PostPosted: May 5th, 2013, 3:16 am 

I've just read about this - bit more info here:

http://news.sky.com/story/1086724/italy ... rport-bust

There is footage of the staff looting the suitcases in the hold.

:shock:

Mrs T

PostPosted: May 5th, 2013, 10:07 am 

I never put valuables in luggage. Carry cameras /money. The little jewellry I take I wear,I also carry a change of *************************/top and toothbrush in case luggage does not arrive.

PostPosted: May 5th, 2013, 11:15 am 

Who knew nethergarments were censored!

PostPosted: May 6th, 2013, 1:11 pm 

Have we not been ripped off enough by this country
First we get ripped off by the real estate agents, then the solicitors, then the builders, and now the bloody aerline workers. How much more can we take and how much more can Italy get embarassed by.
Its a disgrace.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2013, 7:20 pm 

iloveitaly wrote:
Have we not been ripped off enough by this country...
estate agents, then the solicitors, then the builders, and now the bloody aerline workers

Well, they're all in jail now, fugitive or barred from their profession.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2013, 7:20 am 

I have helped put solicitors in jail, estate agents/builders/electricians/plumbers don't get me started, airline workers? Not had real problems but had a few run in with stewardesses all in the UK so it is not just Italia it is every country

PostPosted: May 8th, 2013, 10:35 am 

"Well, they're all in jail now, fugitive or barred from their profession."
Yes they are Denis but the builders have left some developments in a state of "Limbo".
The existing owners have not got enough votes to conduct meetings and vote on important Condo issues. The new Legal Adm who have taken over these complexes are not interested in attending meetings.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2013, 10:59 am 

iloveitaly - you're being very unspecific. Feel free to PM me with the specifics and maybe I can put you in contact with the right people to work towards a solution in your case.

Dennis.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2016, 5:11 pm 

Greeting all,

I am trying to get started in recorder and it says selected cameras are not compatible. What now? I am trying to use Kinect