A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This section is a private section only for registered users and exists for the private exchange of information amongst members.

By being a registered user and accessing this section you accept our terms and conditions and agree that posts are owned by their poster and specifically that the forum's administrators and moderators have no responsibility whatsoever and cannot be asked to remove, edit or otherwise change opinions expressed in this forum.

Per quelli che non capiscono l'Inglese: Questa e' una sezione riservata ai membri del forum. Diventando membro del forum e accedendo a questa sezione accetti le condizioni del forum ed inoltre accetti che le opinioni espresse in questa sezione sono la proprietà e responsabilità dell'autore e che gli amministratori del forum non hanno nessuna responsabilità legale e nessun obbligo a rimuove articoli.

Post subject: Giambrone & Law
PostPosted: November 9th, 2012, 7:35 pm 

Are you having problems with your purchase of a property in Calabria using Giambrone @ Law? Are you trying without success to get your deposit returned? We are in the same position! Our lawyer, Avvoc Claudio Minasi is trying to get together a group action on a "no win, no fee" basis, to get our deposits back! Interested? If you are, and who wouldn't be, contact Claudio Minasi, who is based in London. He has placed a message on this site, in the Legal section, so you can obtain his contact details there.

Post subject: Re: Giambrone & Law
PostPosted: November 10th, 2012, 9:44 am 

Hi Ambercat,
Where are you based ?
I have sent you a pm.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2012, 7:48 pm 

having bought property with the help G and L i feel you are off the mark. all solicitors are expensive and i would like you to think about g and l as a solitior of choice when buying in italia.

PostPosted: November 11th, 2012, 10:49 pm 

So chequeitout1 joins the forum and every post is promoting G&L - and we are supposed to believe this is a genuine happy client...............in my opinion, completely pathetic.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2012, 1:26 pm 

i am a happy person. G and L all the way! That's all i say.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2012, 8:16 pm 

So chequeitout1; as you seem to be so closely connected, perhaps you can confirm if the date that I was last told is still correct............that the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal have a 5 day hearing for Giambrone and Law scheduled to take place on 21st January 2013. When you look through the SDT's case list the normal hearings you see are half a day. I can only assume that a 5 day hearing reflects how serious the case is?

PostPosted: November 12th, 2012, 8:30 pm 

i have not a bad word to say about g and l. im sure there are others out there

PostPosted: November 12th, 2012, 10:13 pm 

chequeitout1, this thread is obviously for people that did not enjoy your experience.

Why dont you make your own thread called "G&L Fanzone" - then we can ignore it.

Please...

PostPosted: November 26th, 2012, 9:24 pm 

Hi Chequeitout1 and anyone else who are interested.

If you had a good deal with Giambrone And law, then you are indeed very fortunate. Lucky you!

I am just one of a group of people who are fighting to get their deposits back. G &L issued Bank Guarantees that were worthless, so our deposits were never safe. The money has since disappeared and the work on the site never finished - it looks derelict. I am not talking expensive for goodness sake. I KNOW solicitors are expensive and we were fully prepared to pay for any work they carried out. I am talking about corrupt. Members of this company are under investigation already. They refused to answer telephone calls once we had signed the contract and cannot account for our deposit. These are not the actions of a respectable law firm!

Good for you if it all worked out, but I can assure you, many others out there were not so lucky!

PostPosted: November 28th, 2012, 10:49 am 

Ambercat wrote:
Hi Chequeitout1 and anyone else who are interested.

If you had a good deal with Giambrone And law, then you are indeed very fortunate. Lucky you!

I am just one of a group of people who are fighting to get their deposits back. G &L issued Bank Guarantees that were worthless, so our deposits were never safe. The money has since disappeared and the work on the site never finished - it looks derelict. I am not talking expensive for goodness sake. I KNOW solicitors are expensive and we were fully prepared to pay for any work they carried out. I am talking about corrupt. Members of this company are under investigation already. They refused to answer telephone calls once we had signed the contract and cannot account for our deposit. These are not the actions of a respectable law firm!

Good for you if it all worked out, but I can assure you, many others out there were not so lucky!

Hi Ambercat

At least G&L issued you with Bank Guarantees and the work on site never finished. We never got the guarantees and the work on site never started.

The one things that is the same as your experience is that the money has gone on the missing list.

Apart from that I agree totally with your comments. I just wonder if Chequeitout1 is Kosher as a client or is he really working for GG, the name Iain springs to mind.

Sportmo