A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This section is a private section only for registered users and exists for the private exchange of information amongst members.

By being a registered user and accessing this section you accept our terms and conditions and agree that posts are owned by their poster and specifically that the forum's administrators and moderators have no responsibility whatsoever and cannot be asked to remove, edit or otherwise change opinions expressed in this forum.

Per quelli che non capiscono l'Inglese: Questa e' una sezione riservata ai membri del forum. Diventando membro del forum e accedendo a questa sezione accetti le condizioni del forum ed inoltre accetti che le opinioni espresse in questa sezione sono la proprietà e responsabilità dell'autore e che gli amministratori del forum non hanno nessuna responsabilità legale e nessun obbligo a rimuove articoli.

Post subject: Badolato
PostPosted: August 8th, 2011, 10:35 pm 

We are having pop up Shops for august and sept. Inc 2 jewellers will put more info on when I have inspected them. Also a wedding dress shop. All go here!

Post subject: Re: Badolato
PostPosted: August 11th, 2011, 11:09 pm 

Ok, miss Italia last night in the square tonight something that looked like a play after dinner at la botte came out to the most amazing modern opera the soloist were fantastic as it was opera no idea what going on ESP as modern but the singing superb, I have a few friends who can sing so know what it is meant to sound like. Go down the hill to home and find a cinema going in the square outside the palazzo. Good job we did not park there today. Tomorow the Marina beckons with food and music. Marasa I think they are called with soloists from Milan opera I need to go home for a rest!!

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 4:14 pm 

Ionian wrote:
Ok, miss Italia last night in the square tonight something that looked like a play after dinner at la botte came out to the most amazing modern opera the soloist were fantastic as it was opera no idea what going on ESP as modern but the singing superb, I have a few friends who can sing so know what it is meant to sound like.

I think that is the longest and most incomprehensible sentence ever on this forum!

Congratulations for your 1276th post!

Happy Ferragosto,

Dennis.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 4:23 pm 

Look at the time! Thanks. Do I get a prize or banned?

Off to neighbours at 6pm for 2 yr old lemoncello, then to Marina for dinner and sampling of local beverages, so wait for the post after that ! No chance of understanding me then. I blame it on the iPhone.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 6:29 pm 

... and this from the woman who used to tick everyone off if they wrote in capitals, didn't write in sentences or parsed them correctly !!!!

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 6:33 pm 

No chance of anything cohert coherent cohrent sensible even tonight :shock:

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 7:13 pm 

Bak from knee bors. Hic Hic. dinner on hob

Worked that one out?

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 7:24 pm 

A few drinks with your bestie pals next door. Dinner awaiting you, simmering on the cooker no, you are going out for dinner. Give in.
Enjoy

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 10:43 pm 

Drinks with neighbours. Home cooked dinner. Down to Marina for food festival and music. Now home for g & t and star gazing.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 11:06 pm 

Ionian wrote:
No chance of understanding me then. I blame it on the iPhone.

There is a site for that you know: http://damnyouautocorrect.com. A bit american but can be funny.

Attachment:
marathon1.jpg
marathon1.jpg [ 34.5 KiB | Viewed 1408 times ]

PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 9:08 am 

... the neighbours were giving us a tasting of their different vintages of Limoncello, Bergamot and Noce liqueurs. I've made Limoncello for the 2nd year so at Xmas I'll find out whether it's better than last year (suggestions for what to do with the juice of 40 lemons welcome). They also loaded us with lemon marmalade (one idea) and peppermint plants.

Badolato Marina Lungomare had last night Marasa - a Calabrian dialect folk-rock group from the village - together with stalls selling food, local produce and crafts.

It's on again tonight with different musicians.

Got back to watch the meteorites and within 30 seconds of reaching the roof saw the most impressive meteorite we've ever seen and then no more at all.