A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This section is a private section only for registered users and exists for the private exchange of information amongst members.

By being a registered user and accessing this section you accept our terms and conditions and agree that posts are owned by their poster and specifically that the forum's administrators and moderators have no responsibility whatsoever and cannot be asked to remove, edit or otherwise change opinions expressed in this forum.

Per quelli che non capiscono l'Inglese: Questa e' una sezione riservata ai membri del forum. Diventando membro del forum e accedendo a questa sezione accetti le condizioni del forum ed inoltre accetti che le opinioni espresse in questa sezione sono la proprietà e responsabilità dell'autore e che gli amministratori del forum non hanno nessuna responsabilità legale e nessun obbligo a rimuove articoli.

Post subject: robbery - be careful
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 1:12 pm 

Dear All,

Unfortunately myself and a neighbour have had unwelcome visitors. We were both broken into recently (not sure when) but they appear to have broken a window to gain entry to the villas. I was informed last night by a friend who pops in and weeds every now and then. Not sure what has been taken but understand the television and washing machine have definitely gone and maybe my other electrical stuff.

The villa had the standard green plastic shuttering and double glazed unit windows which were obviously not a deterrent. My property is surrounded by at least head height fencing but that didn't seem to cause them a problem manhandling my heavy washing machine over it which is a bit disconcerting.

We are both flying over to sort out what needs to be done. Has anyone on the forum had this happen? Is it just reported to Carabinieri and then dealt with by the insurance company picking up the costs of repair and replacement etc etc?

Regards

Chris
Zambrone, West Coast

Post subject: Re: robbery - be careful
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 6:26 pm 

Hi Chris
What site are you on at zambrone. The Amalfi, Blue Oasis site had afew break ins at the end of last year?
Margaret

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 7:17 pm 

Chris,

Anything i can do just mail or ring.

Cheers fella

Mark

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 10:01 pm 

Hi Mark,

Thanks very much for the offer. Bit gutted as you can imagine. I hope it doesn't come in threes because my house was flooded by a burst water mains in the loft last December due to the cold winter and there was so much damage I have had to move out for six months. Thats life unfortunately fella.

I hope you both are well and in fine fettle. I will be out for a few days very soon to sort out the mess etc

Warmest regards

Chris

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 10:16 pm 

Hello Margaret,

I bought privately of a local landowner overlooking Zambrone beach. You can see the group of four villas I am in when looking up from the shore. We are about half way up the hill.

I haven't heard of any burglaries in the locality but have been focusing on getting the place all nice for the past few years so not been out much.

Kind regards

Chris