A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This section is a private section only for registered users and exists for the private exchange of information amongst members.

By being a registered user and accessing this section you accept our terms and conditions and agree that posts are owned by their poster and specifically that the forum's administrators and moderators have no responsibility whatsoever and cannot be asked to remove, edit or otherwise change opinions expressed in this forum.

Per quelli che non capiscono l'Inglese: Questa e' una sezione riservata ai membri del forum. Diventando membro del forum e accedendo a questa sezione accetti le condizioni del forum ed inoltre accetti che le opinioni espresse in questa sezione sono la proprietà e responsabilità dell'autore e che gli amministratori del forum non hanno nessuna responsabilità legale e nessun obbligo a rimuove articoli.

Post subject: Bergamotto
PostPosted: November 30th, 2010, 7:39 pm 

Has anyone else been asked to complete on an unfinished apartment on the Bergamotto complex? We have been advised that the Town Hall have issued a Agibilitá (Habitation Certficate) eventhough the apartments are incomplete!

Post subject: Re: Bergamotto
PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 11:05 am 

chrishaffenden wrote:
Has anyone else been asked to complete on an unfinished apartment on the Bergamotto complex? We have been advised that the Town Hall have issued a Agibilitá (Habitation Certficate) eventhough the apartments are incomplete!

Hi YES we have had a letter from our solicitor advising us to complete,
we are in block (i) which will be the last block completed, the gist of the letter was complete now because if the builder goes bust at least your apartment will be ours!!! HELP >???

PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 2:07 pm 

Hi

Similar requests were made to us we are in Block D which is completed I suggest you speak to your lawyers about this I don't see how you can reasonably be expected to complete when the building isn't finished. On the plus side many buyers that did agree to complete early did negotiate free boilers and painting etc. Also some lawyers managed to negotiate some of the funds being held back until the building/site is completed.

If any of you are having difficulties with your lawyer I can personally highly recommend Jolanda Ferrigno at VFL & Partners International Law Firm in Rocella
(just down the road from Bergamotto) she really did a superb job, basically taking what had become a complete nightmare with our previous lawyers and getting everything resolved. If you PM me I'm happy to let you have her contact details.

Phil

PostPosted: December 1st, 2010, 8:51 pm 

Hi

We're also in Block I and have got the same letter. Our solicitor (Manzanares) did advise we should complete as soon as the block is finished, and negotiate to hold money back until development finished. We are torn between completing on an unfinished apartment and hoping it will be completed, or holding off until the apartment is completed at the risk the builder goes bust! Our lawyer also suggests that it is not worth questioning why habitation certificates have been issued for unfinished buildings, but apparently it's a way of getting the builder out of the insurance we thought we had of the apartment not being finished in an acceptable time/manner. Well, I suppose it's Southern Italy (!) but I'd hate to think we'd come this far.....

Anyone know how we do the free boiler/painting thing?

Jean and Eric Park

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2010, 10:52 am 

Letter in Full

I hope this email reaches you well. I am addressing you in order to provide you with an update on your investment in the complex Bergamotto in Italy, progress made and current situation.

Agibilitá (Habitability Licence).

On the 12th of November we received from the Developer the habitability licence called agibilitá for blocks A, B, C, G, H, I. –attached for your records‑. Our partners in Italy have carefully reviewed said document and confirmed that it is legal as has been approved by the team of technicians within the Town Hall of Gioiosa Jónica. In spite of the aforesaid, the Developer confirmed that the building works are still on progress and not all the blocks mentioned are completed.

Fideiussione.

On the other hand, I would like to take this opportunity to inform you in regards to a different aspect of your investment: the guarantee insurance provided by the vendor called fideiussione. As per the contract, the vendor is obliged to issue the fideiussione for a period that covers the fully construction of the unit. In case of breach of contract, you would be entitled to claim the amount paid to the vendor from the Company issuing such insurance guarantee. The Company issuing the fideiussione is relieved from this obligation once the agibilitá is issued. This means that the fideiussione is no longer valid and their obligation is terminated, and therefore you are not entitled to enforce it regardless any other circumstances that may occur.

Status of Construction.

We are glad to observe that the building works continue on progress and construction is reaching its end. However, the current status of construction seems the following:

- Block C is now almost completed.

- Blocks A and B also near to completion.

- Block H quite advanced and almost ready for painting.

- Blocks I and G ready for plastering.

- Blocks D, E. F. totally finished.

Although we have not received further technical details from the vendor, we find the recent pictures quite positive progress.

Signing the Title Deeds.

Legally you can sign your Title Deeds and become the legal owner since the relevant paperwork required from the vendor by Law and according to the terms on the contract has been accomplished. Questioning how a Town Hall can issue the habitability permit for a structure in construction would be worthless and little can be done about this from our side.

Although it is our understanding that you should not sign the Title Deeds until the building is ready, we strongly advise you to complete as soon as possible even when the surrounding areas are not finalized.

The only reason for this is that the vendor has been constantly warning us in regards to lack of funds for construction, and we are concerned about our clients’ investments. Given the current global economic scenario, we would rather complete on your behalf with a retention for completion of the common areas as soon as the apartment is ready.

The vendor has specifically approached us in the following terms:

He will be in very bad financial situation if the pending completions in blocks already finalized are not carried out rather soon;
In particular, the vendor has delayed some payments to his suppliers involved in the site construction;
In the event he will not pay his creditors, the latter could bring their claims in court which might result in some kind of payment order to freeze the unit not formally sold to the respective PPC buyers;
Also, the vendor is afraid that further delay might cause a financial crisis which might jeopardize the pending transactions.
Our advice is that you complete as soon as possible in order to secure your investment. The vendor is agreeable to complete and signing title deeds, and we retain the 30 % pending purchase price in our clients account, until everything is properly finished. In case the vendor’s assets are seized by the bank / creditors, your unit would be included on those assets, and you would be left without your property and without the funds paid. In order to recover those funds, you would need to incur legal expenses so you can be listed amongst the creditors. However, no guarantee of recovering your funds could be offered since the banks and the Public Administration would be on the first place, and in case there are any funds/ assets left, you would have to share with other creditors in your same situation.

I noticed the information above is not the best one but as your lawyer my aim is to keep you duly informed about your file and the eventual scenarios.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further queries regarding this issue and expecting to hear from you.

Kind regards,

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2010, 10:54 am 

I'm in block b by the way :D

PostPosted: December 2nd, 2010, 11:14 am 

Hi all
21degrees & sunny
12 workers on site, Bergamotto looking good,
Thanks for your P.M's & email's,
regarding the letters that some of you sent me that you got from your solicitors,
a copy as just been posted by yorkylad2008,

I can only agree with what is said, Quote
"Our advice is that you complete as soon as possible in order to secure your investment"

We live on Bergamotto apartment F.2 if you want any help or advice on the update on your apartment email us
halemunns@hotmail.co.uk

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 12:28 pm 

Hi All

Thanks very much for your response. We have viewed the updated pictures on www.calabria4homes.com website and we are happy with the progress made. Hearing that the builders are on site and working has eased the tension! Therefore, we have gone to Manzanares and proposed completion with a retention of 25% until the site is completed. We have also asked for painting and boiler to be included following PhilC's response - the least they could do for the long delay!!! We are waiting for Manzanares response as they are putting the offer to the developers.

We will keep in touch. If we all go along the same line, it could work to our advantage.

PostPosted: December 4th, 2010, 9:54 pm 

chrishaffenden wrote:
Hi All

Thanks very much for your response. We have viewed the updated pictures on http://www.calabria4homes.com website and we are happy with the progress made. Hearing that the builders are on site and working has eased the tension! Therefore, we have gone to Manzanares and proposed completion with a retention of 25% until the site is completed. We have also asked for painting and boiler to be included following PhilC's response - the least they could do for the long delay!!! We are waiting for Manzanares response as they are putting the offer to the developers.

We will keep in touch. If we all go along the same line, it could work to our advantage.

Hi
please let us know how you get on when you get the reply

thanks lou
i 1.1

PostPosted: December 5th, 2010, 1:37 am 

I'm sure you're doing the right thing I wish you all the best I think the development will be very nice and the wait will be worth it in the end.

All the best! let us all know how you get along...

Regards

Phil

PostPosted: January 11th, 2011, 10:24 pm 

hi we have bought in block g1-1 and had the same letter sent out from manzanares,we are waiting to see the outcome before we commit more money,from the pictures we have seen block g is still a long way of getting completed if anyone on here also owns in block g can they please get in touch....ciao per adesso

Billy

PostPosted: January 12th, 2011, 1:14 pm 

Hi all
Bergamotto looking good,
Thanks Billy & others who have contacted
us, i know you got the photo's & progress updates
i sent you by email,
If anyone wants more info etc,
just email us John & Sue
halemunns@hotmail.co.uk

Also see my other postings regarding Bergamotto,
and the post regarding Free Italian language Lessons,

Looking forward to meeting those of you who contacted us to say you will be here later in Jan, Feb, March, ect.
For those of you coming out to complete & want to stay on the Bergamotto complex, we have some apartments for rent,
Also if there are any owners reading this, we do need more
apartments to rent out.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2011, 3:11 pm 

Hi All
The last of the scaffolding as come down
from Block I,
Photo up date to follow,
We now have people renting on Bergamotto, through us
while they are completeing on their apartment,
Any help, advise or update's you need just contact us,
John & SWue
halemunns@hotmail.co.uk
John's Italian mobile number is
0039 327 568 4426
Dont forget we live on the Bergamooto complex
& are in the best position to help you,

PostPosted: February 19th, 2011, 5:25 pm 

Hi All
Good progress on Bergamotto,
A few photos for you,

The last of the scaffolding is now down,
The first security gate is in,

Our Thanks to you all that have been in touch,
its always nice to hear from fellow Bergamotto people,

Things are going well but at the “domani domani” pace,
but a lot better now some of you have been able to complete,
either by POA or in person,

We will all have a complex to be proud of,
even the water in the pool is getting warmer,
only with the hand test NOT the body test,

Don’t forget if you want to stay on the Bergamotto complex when you come over to complete,
like some people have already done, just let us know,

Regards John & Sue
Attachment:
gate1.today.jpg
gate1.today.jpg [ 40.79 KiB | Viewed 1866 times ]

Attachments:
view1.jpg
view1.jpg [ 34.09 KiB | Viewed 1866 times ]
view2.jpg
view2.jpg [ 41.44 KiB | Viewed 1866 times ]
view3.jpg
view3.jpg [ 39.6 KiB | Viewed 1866 times ]
PostPosted: February 22nd, 2011, 6:55 pm 

Ciao, Just back from Bergamotto, great to see how things have come on within the complex. I am in C block on the top floor. The pool area is looking great, and security gate working well. We will be back next month, look forward to meeting up with more fellow Bergamotto's.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2011, 10:08 pm 

Hi

We have completed on our apartment in H block at last! We will be down in a couple of weeks, Billy Cowie is delivering our furniture for us. Can anyone tell me where to get an oven from preferrably electric?

Many thanks.

Looking forward to meeting up with other Bergamottoians!

Regards

Chris :?