A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This section is a private section only for registered users and exists for the private exchange of information amongst members.

By being a registered user and accessing this section you accept our terms and conditions and agree that posts are owned by their poster and specifically that the forum's administrators and moderators have no responsibility whatsoever and cannot be asked to remove, edit or otherwise change opinions expressed in this forum.

Per quelli che non capiscono l'Inglese: Questa e' una sezione riservata ai membri del forum. Diventando membro del forum e accedendo a questa sezione accetti le condizioni del forum ed inoltre accetti che le opinioni espresse in questa sezione sono la proprietà e responsabilità dell'autore e che gli amministratori del forum non hanno nessuna responsabilità legale e nessun obbligo a rimuove articoli.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2010, 9:23 pm 

Hi to all Amusa Mare owners,

Just wondering is there any of you out there getting a little bit anxious
re non completion of pool ,garden,driveways ect.
I have spoken to my solicitor who at this stage suggests sending the builder a formal notice giving him a date as to when we expect it to be finished.It was
also suggested that a request also be made requesting compensation in relation
to loss of rent due to us not being able to earn a rental income as complex is
unfinished.If we all stick together we might have some hope.

Also what are ground floor owners views re their own garden finishes.It would
be nice to keep them the same for overall look.My apart is F2.

Any info would be appreciated

PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 12:41 am 

Colette,

PM sent.

Regards
M

"An offer of help should hold no charge, to give advise to one thats lost, will cost you nothing, to profit from the pain and suffering of others is to be the devils disciple and surly hell awaits those that dare to command a price for anothers misfortune."
James Wheeler 1939

PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 11:06 pm 

Hi Colette,

My wife and i bought I1 and like you are getting a bit concerned about the unfinished work. When i was over in February to collect the title deeds from the Notary i went to Bella Calabria's office with Sam Whyte to sign the documents and pay for connecting the electricity,gas and water. I took the opportunity to ask Maria at BC when the complex would be finished as we were coming for a holiday in July with our young family. I was told that all the outstanding work would be completed well before we arrive. I have some friends over there this week who bought in Bergamotto and they tell me that nothing has changed.
I have sent an e.mail to Maria to see what is going on so if or when i get a reply i'll let you know. Regarding the gardens, i have also been told by Sam that an administration company is being formed to deal with the maintenance of the common grounds and pool. They are also suppose to be offering to do the gardens, obviously at a price. Sam has sent me some photographs of a garden that is being landscaped in Amusa at the moment by a private gardener that looks nice. If you want i can send them on to you. My e.mail address is stevenson_d1@sky.com

Regards

David

PostPosted: May 16th, 2010, 3:45 pm 

Hi Collette
We have bought on Amusa Mare (E2) We too are very disappointed that the development seems to be at a stand still , we are going over in June and will try and get some quotes for the garden ,as i understand it (and i may be wrong!) but i thought it was down to Bella Calabria to finish the pool and gardens ,not the builder !
Nicky

PostPosted: May 17th, 2010, 2:04 pm 

Hi
We were at Amusa Mare last week and returned on Thursday and agree that the pool and gardens have not been worked on very little since our visit in January. However the person who owns the property towards the gates I have to say their garden looks really nice. I spoke to Dana at BC when we were there and she said that she did not know why the pool was delayed!! I agree that it is BC not the builder who should be taking care of this. Happy to discuss this further - email is martin@thomasm.fsnet.co.uk as like most buyers we will be there in the Summer and it would be good to have it all completed.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2010, 8:48 pm 

Hi all

We have just spent 1st to 12th June down at Amusa and thought we'd give a heads up on what we found out and our own observations

THE AMUSA GARDENS.

Hats off to all those ground floor owners who have got their gardens landscaped. They look absolutely fantastic and give an indication of how the whole development could look. We would have to say that the gardeners were working very hard whilst we were there and were on site every day. It might be a bit pricey but i think it is money well spent.

THE SWIMMING POOL.

No change since December but we have now heard from Dana at BC that within two weeks the pool should be completed. Lets wait and see if this one comes true. Whilst there we met with Francesco Mirarchi who owns the construction company and he also confirmed that the pool MUST be completed before September as this is when the planning license expires – 3 years after commencement. I have his e-mail so i will be chasing this up !!

THE ROADS AND COMMUNAL AREAS.

Again, Francesco confirmed that everything must be complete by September. We still don’t fully know the extent of landscaping to the rear of the site and Francesco was quite vague so i think it will be a minimal amount and some tidying up.

ICI TAX.

Yes, more costs. We got our solicitor to get the calculations of valuation done and it was 81 euros plus 100 euros for accountancy fees. This was based from our completion date in Sept 09 so everybody’s tax will vary, but it will need to be recalculated for the next few years unless you become resident. This is due to the increasing value of the properties as they are new build.

CAULONIA PROMENADE.

At last the Caulonia commune have realised that building a promenade out of cardboard and papier-mâché isn’t a good idea and are finally investing in some heavy duty sea defences but we cant see these being completed this summer as there is a lot to do.

SERVICES.

The builders electric is a bit hit and miss and went off a few times. With only us on the site it struggled to cope with air con and electric kettle and oven. I think, like us, quite a few people have paid their 2000 euro connection charge and it seems this is essential in making sure that the elec company have enough funds to install the proper supply and meters. We understand that, at Vista Sila, there are a number of owners that are refusing to pay hence why they have been on builders electric for 2 years. They have been notified by the builder that the electric supply will be terminated in September if payment is not made. It looks grim for all those who live in Vista Sila but hopefully the final few payments may be made in time.

Hope this gives a little bit of positive news in what has been a very distressing few years

David and Amanda Rowe (I3 & I4)

PostPosted: October 1st, 2011, 11:43 am 

Hi David and Amanda
I have sent you a private message.