A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

This section is a private section only for registered users and exists for the private exchange of information amongst members.

By being a registered user and accessing this section you accept our terms and conditions and agree that posts are owned by their poster and specifically that the forum's administrators and moderators have no responsibility whatsoever and cannot be asked to remove, edit or otherwise change opinions expressed in this forum.

Per quelli che non capiscono l'Inglese: Questa e' una sezione riservata ai membri del forum. Diventando membro del forum e accedendo a questa sezione accetti le condizioni del forum ed inoltre accetti che le opinioni espresse in questa sezione sono la proprietà e responsabilità dell'autore e che gli amministratori del forum non hanno nessuna responsabilità legale e nessun obbligo a rimuove articoli.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: April 22nd, 2010, 8:59 pm 

Hi Lavender

My file was closed last week too.

Vosia

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2010, 8:50 am 

mine too!!!!

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2010, 9:08 am 

Hi Lavender

My case was closed as well ,i got the same letter
Lis

Lavender wrote:
My SRA case files have now been closed and been passed to the Legal Department who are dealing with the referral to the tribunal.

The SRA's letter states: a few matters may be put forward as 'lead cases', the majority may be presented as supplemental information.

Has anyone else had their SRA files closed recently? I hear on the grapevine that the Italian Law Society is also currently taking action against Giambrone.

Relevant Information from the SRA website

The general process

"We prosecute cases before the tribunal, or we instruct an external solicitor to do so. We notify certain parties about the referral.

We collect further information as necessary and prepare a statement of allegations. We send this to the tribunal. If the tribunal decides there is case to answer, they will set a "pre-listing day" and notify you, serving you with copies of the statement and evidence. The pre-listing is an administrative procedure at which a final date and time estimate is decided."

Hearings are usually in public....The tribunal usually announces its decision immediately. Findings are released later and, in most cases, are then available to the public.

http://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/enforc ... age#notify

The "pre-listing day" is set for 7th May 2010 in London.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2010, 3:34 pm 

I received financial restitution and compensation from the LCS but have had the same letter as others from the SRA.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2010, 10:50 am 

Hi Finally, were your costs paid by the insurer i.e. the reduction in Giambrone's bill that you no doubt received as a result of their poor service? Some people still struggling to get this money back and have been told that they might need to take action against the insurer, but there appears to be another route which seemingly the LCS have not told people about - you cant imagine how much the LCS have enjoyed having me as their "customer" for the past two years :)

PostPosted: April 24th, 2010, 1:44 pm 

Hi lavender, First off the insurance co refused to pay a reimbersment of the grossly over charged fees and would only pay out for financial effects, wasted trip etc etc also the compensation awarded by LCS. I complained bitterly to both parties but eventualy accepted they were not going to pay out the fees, however had a lovely surprise in the post last week which amounted to the full amount of the award, fees included.Hope everyone gets the same nice surprise

PostPosted: April 25th, 2010, 3:26 pm 

After 5 months I am still arguing with the LCS who have told me to accept a stupid compensation amount ( which is lower than has been offered to similar complainants) and are trying to close my case, which I am refusing to do.
They seem to be accepting on face value all the counter-arguements being returned by G&L's solicitors, completely disregarding the written proof and evidence I have supplied!
Lavender - what is this other option you hinted about in your last post?
Do I still have time to go to SRA? What is the procedure and requirements?

PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 10:27 am 

Does anyone have a contact at the lcs I can speak to regarding g/l please

PostPosted: April 26th, 2010, 10:49 am 

My contact is Mrs Preeti Gupta 01926 822177
She is apparantly a senior case-worker. However she only works Wedn - Fri

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 7:08 pm 

I hope that Giambrone is found guilty and they throw away the key. Giambrone is a disgrace who has caused stress and anguish to vast numbers of decent, hard working individuals who have chased a dream which has turned into a nightmare. I too hope that the advertising hoarding is promptly removed from Lamezia Airport. It adds insult to injury to see it every time we return. At least we are able to return, unlike some unlucky people who have been left high and dry. There are a considerable number of other Giambrone Law employees, solicitors and ineffectual minions who ought to be facing court appearances alongside from the two others named in the Daily Mail report. I wonder what will happen to them? Probably set up another dubious firm of solicitors..............

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 7:15 pm 

RandomGuy wrote:
Does anyone have a contact at the lcs I can speak to regarding g/l please

PostPosted: May 6th, 2010, 12:47 pm 

Hi Random Guy, you will need to go through the correct procedure to have a caseworker allocated to discuss your complaint although you can ring the helpline for advice.

Details at http://www.legalcomplaints.org.uk

You might have problems getting the complaint through the door though given Giambrone Law ceased trading in April 2009. If you believe your solicitor has acted dishonestly or you suspect misconduct your complaint must be heard so says MoJ.

You can get details from the Solicitors Regulation Authority at http://www.sra.org.uk

Hi Finally, Congratulations, it appears the 'impasse' between the LCS and AIG has been resolved in relation to fees. Not so great for those who were advised to accept very low offers by their caseworkers on the basis that the insurers were not prepared to refund fees though. Are there many people on this forum in this situation?

A freedom of information request is in the process of going in to find out more about the arrangements between the LCS and the insurers and to establish the position of the insurers in relation to refund of fees and lost deposits which I understand was made known to the LCS some time ago.

Arrowsmith, the insurers are regulated by the FSA and you could potentially lodge a complaint against them as apparently the legal advice to LCS confirms the insurers must comply with the minimum terms and conditions and pay the awards. I'm trying to get a copy of the LCS 'position statement' to assist those who find themselves in this situation but it aint easy! You might not need to go this far now anyway though as a few have now received their costs refund.

Everyone who has lost substantial sums of money should check out the LSO's website and read the reports. The LCS can award compensation for simple cases of negligence and you might be able to bump your award up.

http://www.olso.org/

I believe it is also the Ombudsmans view that if you cannot agree on a figure to conciliate the complaint that an Adjudicator is likely to award a higher amount than has been offered.

It seems to me at the moment though that the LCS are accepting 'reasonable offers' from the insurers on the basis of that is what they think the insurer will pay rather than what a complainant is rightly entitled to in terms of compensation for their distress and inconvenience. You should ensure that you set out your distress and inconvenience in writing if you go to Adjudication and detail any financial effects.

It cost the LCS approximately £4000 to handle my complaint through to Adjudication. Giambrone had to pay approximately £850.00 of this amount.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2010, 11:41 am 

Thanks for the congratulations Lavender! I have to say though, that whilst in my case i feel vindicated and that in part justice has prevailed, but the parts of my complaint that were sent to SRA have not been delt with, it seems they are only using some samples of the wrong doing that took place not each case, this means to me,they are not being held to account for serious misconduct. However i hope they will get their just deserts on these issues too. Meanwhile i am feeling good about the result with SRA It only took about 18 months lots of stress, sleepless nights and huge amounts of paper and i never want to go through it again. I hope everyone still going through this process will eventually gets justice too. All i want now it to put the sorry mess behind me and to enjoy my apartment in beautiful Calabria.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 11:24 am 

Hi Finally, there is no doubt in my mind that Mr Giambrone will be held to account for serious misconduct because of the many seriously flawed contracts his firm produced and the risks that he took with peoples money, if he is not, the SRA will have to account for their actions and are already having to do so.

The SRA had 64 cases if I recall, they cant present all those cases and so have to choose lead cases where there are similar circumstances and perhaps where there is more evidence to support the case against Giambrone.

What concerns me though about the process of using individual cases to pursue their regulatory objectives is, that as you say, they may not need to use evidence which could give a lot of people the right to pursue monies inappropriately charged in the case of searches or which they were entitled to receive in the case of interest, from the SRA Compensation Fund if it is found Mr Giambrone acted dishonestly.

All those who went to the LCS/SRA have no doubt had sleepless nights, I know I have, and everyone has my sympathies, worse than pulling teeth but from what I can see, it was the first step to achieving some measure of justice against Giambrone for everyone and hopefully proves beneficial to all concerned, particularly if they encounter problems further down the line. In my case Mr Giambrone will no longer be able to deny knowledge of variations to the planning on my development which hopefully protected others when they went to the final deed of sale, if indeed they were advised to do so.

Really hope you enjoy your apartment in Calabria, Finally!

PostPosted: May 11th, 2010, 4:26 pm 

Quote:

The general process

"We prosecute cases before the tribunal, or we instruct an external solicitor to do so. We notify certain parties about the referral.

We collect further information as necessary and prepare a statement of allegations. We send this to the tribunal. If the tribunal decides there is case to answer, they will set a "pre-listing day" and notify you, serving you with copies of the statement and evidence. The pre-listing is an administrative procedure at which a final date and time estimate is decided."

Hearings are usually in public....The tribunal usually announces its decision immediately. Findings are released later and, in most cases, are then available to the public.

The "pre-listing day" has been changed to 6th August 2010.

Post subject: Giambrone Law
PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 6:17 pm 

Hi

I know the last post was 2008 but is there anybody that closed successfully using Giambrone Law - I am buying in Pizzo beach Club and had not been aware up until recently of all the corruption on behalf of giambrone. They are representing me at the minute - but have been taking ages to finalise mortgage - sent all documents months ago and nothing has been done - should I change now

Pls advise
Quinners

PostPosted: July 26th, 2010, 10:12 pm 

Quinners, it may not be your solicitor that is causing the delays in your mortgage, it's more likely to be your mortgage broker or the bank. Certainly my mortgage delays weren't anything to do with my solicitor.

PostPosted: September 6th, 2010, 10:25 am 

Lavender wrote:
Quote:

The general process

The "pre-listing day" has been changed to 6th August 2010.

The "pre-listing day" has been changed to 5th November 2010.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2010, 9:24 am 

Gabriele Giambrone has opened a real estate office in Greenwich London selling properties in Italy. There's no stopping him!

Last edited by admin on September 11th, 2010, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
removed link to property company. The name is the url ...

PostPosted: September 11th, 2010, 9:39 am 

Mr Giambrone incorporated a company called Giambrone Limited (Company no 06771170) on 11th December 2008 and was listed as a director until 1st October 2009.

Brendan Dine, formerly the Real Estate Manager of Giambrone & Law is now registered as the sole active Director and Company Secretary.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2010, 4:30 pm 

zog wrote:
Gabriele Giambrone has opened a real estate office in Greenwich London

With a brand like that you'd be mad not to diversify!

PostPosted: September 11th, 2010, 8:20 pm 

donstenk wrote:

With a strong brand like that you'd be mad not to expand!

I wonder where the “Do you require Legal Assistance?” link goes through to? When the Italian Bar have finished with him, Carol Topp and Co. have been warming his seat in his New York office. I know the Americans love their cowboys, but not sure how long they’ll be able to stomach his particular style of legal advice.

Attachments:
Giambronne NY.jpg
Giambronne NY.jpg [ 38.64 KiB | Viewed 10871 times ]
PostPosted: September 11th, 2010, 9:10 pm 
The address 410 Park Avenue in New York is familiar, its commonly known as virtual office suites. , it can be a terrific way to expand for as little as 155 dollars a month.not sure if it suits anyone wanting a personal service.

VIRTUAL OFFICE
If your business does not need full-time office space, but you still want a high- profile business address and many of the benefits that go along with it, our Virtual Office service may be ideal for you. So you can concentrate on running your business, while a professional support team answer your phone calls, handle your mail and faxes, and relay messages. more >>

LIVE ANSWERING SERVICE
We answer in your company name, screen each call, take messages or direct, announce and patch the calls to you, wherever you are. We provide your individual line and number. Your existing telephone number is forwarded, or you can use your number with us as your main number. Your call is always routed to your designated TeleReceptionistâ„¢ who knows you and your business and welcomes your callers. more >>

EXECUTIVE OFFICES
You can have a fully operational, staffed and furnished Executive Penthouse Office and/or professional office support team in midtown Manhattan today without investing big time and money. more >>

IN A HURRY?
We would be happy to send you our set of free brochures, describing our virtual office services, rates and more. click here >>

RATE SHEET
Basic Presence Plan: New York virtual office, 410 Park Avenue prestige address, mail handling, telephone answering service (live receptionist), message taking, fax service only $155/month. more presence plans >

PostPosted: February 14th, 2011, 11:11 am 

Ted wrote:
A "Directions" hearing has been set for 23rd March 2011 at the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007 ... 588_en.pdf

(see section 11)

I've transferred the post made above to this thread because of its relevance to the subject topic.

I spoke to Elizabeth Aldred at the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal this morning.

No one should get too excited about this hearing, apparently 85% of cases have a directions hearing which is generally to review progress of the matter and it could simply be that there is a disagreement between the parties in relation to the amount of time required to prosecute the case or the date or some other trivial matter.

I cant attend but will be sending someone to the hearing so will let you know the outcome.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2011, 11:52 am 

There is an update on the Solicitors Regulation Authority website on 23rd February

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicit ... Decision-2

As small section is copied and pasted below:-

Outcome details

This outcome was reached by SRA decision.

Reasons/basis

This notification relates to a Decision to prosecute before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. This is an independent Tribunal which will reach its own decision after considering all the evidence, including any evidence put forward by the Solicitor. The Tribunal has certified that there is a case to answer in respect of allegations which are or include that he :-
1. Failed to co-operate with the SRA
2. Failed to adequately supervise an office
3. Failed to maintain properly written up books of account
4. Took money out of client account otherwise than in accordance with the rules
5. Failed to promptly remedy breaches of the accounts rules
6. Wrongly transferred files out of the jurisdiction

The allegations are subject to a Hearing before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and are as yet unproven.

I believe a "directions hearing " is happening soon.

PostPosted: February 28th, 2011, 5:51 pm 

CalabriaBuyer wrote:
Reasons/basis

4. Took money out of client account otherwise than in accordance with the rules

I wonder what "rules" they are then, because I thought a client account was supposed to be as safe as any bank account. I suspect that anybody who has passed money over to Giambrone since July 2009 will want to know a few more details on this one.

PostPosted: March 1st, 2011, 1:41 pm 

CalabriaBuyer wrote:

and are as yet unproven.

Im not one to get into this but i think the above is a more important point.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2011, 9:50 am 

Quote from the Law Society:

"The decision was published on the SRA website so it is a matter of public record and in an unusual move, but one that is permitted by the SRA publication policy, the Committee decided that immediate publication was necessary instead of waiting for the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal to determine whether or not there was a case to answer".

Whilst the allegations may be unproven, the Committee clearly feel they had an "open and shut" case and that is was in the public interest to publish ED.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2011, 10:45 am 

Yes Lavender, I understand your point but we in England have a wonderful concept of innocent until proven otherwise. I dont think it is fair to judge based on one side of the story. as i said i am not really into this because i used gaimbrone without a problem and have a few propertys. it is a shame that some people have had difficulty but in the interests of being fair it is only fair to allow the tribunal to make that decisoin and then and only then will we see if it is really a "open and shut" case". given the time it is taking to bring in front of the tribunal it doesnt appear to be open/shut.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2011, 7:48 pm 

Appreciate you are entitled to your opinion, but ask the numerous UK buyers on this forum who have lost their deposit because they paid thousands of euros to Giambrone and then found it had 'disappeared'. Think you will find they feel it is an open and shut case.
I speak from personal experience...fortunately we did not lose our deposit BUT we instructed Giambrone because they were based in the UK and we felt we had full UK protection, however WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE, they transferred our papers to Italy, meaning they were out of the UK jurisdiction. They then refused to transfer our papers back to our new lawyer, plus we had numerous other problems. We were the 'lucky' ones as all we lost was Giambrone's fee which we had to pay up front.
The SRA did not even look at our case as they have loads more much more serious, and it is the tip of the iceberg what he is being investigated for, and they are only running 'specimen' cases.
So please please do not advocate his services and send more innocent purchasers to lose their hard earned money.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2011, 8:46 pm 

EDCAMERON, you keep insisting you are "not really into this" yet you continue to defend a lawyer, while many would not. You opinion purely based on your own expereince, goes against many other people here where they have encountered numerous problems with G&L, common sense would tell anyone that given the sheer numbers, the ODDS are against you if you even consider taking him on to represent you in any form of over seas purchase. You for some reason came of lucky but how do you really know! Just because you have gone through the purchase process, are you 100% sure all is kosha? Have you checked your properties are registed at the land registry as they should be? are you sure that the planning permissions are all legit? can you for sure guarantee that all your documents have been issued by people not under the influence of others? I would guess probably not. Yes you would like to think so, like all of us, that all is, as it should be but given the expereinces of many many buyers who have lost thousands, I would not be too quick to defend someone until you check these things and not assume they are all OK. After all that's what many people who use this forum did (trusted him)and look how it turned out.
Like you I have properties in Calabria but hand on heart I can only hope that my checks are what they seem to be but I like others may never really know for sure.....unless the investigations taking place over there uncover just what has actually gone on!. Fingers crossed it will all be OK- i can only pray.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 10:01 am 

Yes I totally agree with Sunflower. I personally know at least four people with terrible experiences, who have lost money and will not post on this or any other forum - they just want to forget it and move on.

Thank goodness for this forum and those who continue to post warnings based on personal experiences.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 1:38 pm 

everyone is entitled to their own opinion is all i am saying. it is obvious there have been problems but credit where credit is due, i did not experience any problems and the people at the firm who helped me were always available and v friendly. i never dealt with mr gaimbrone himself but all i am saying is that i did not have any problems. i am more than happy with the work and am satisfied that all the checks are fine.

PostPosted: March 4th, 2011, 1:18 pm 

EDCameron wrote:
everyone is entitled to their own opinion is all i am saying. it is obvious there have been problems but credit where credit is due, i did not experience any problems and the people at the firm who helped me were always available and v friendly. i never dealt with mr gaimbrone himself but all i am saying is that i did not have any problems. i am more than happy with the work and am satisfied that all the checks are fine.

You must be in a majority of ONE !! Every other person that I have spoken to on this forum (and another related forum) who have have been involved with Giambrone Law have experienced nothing but incompetence, arrogance, complete lack of profesional care and ultimately (as in my own case) the loss of many thousands of euros. What a wonderful Company they are!

PostPosted: March 4th, 2011, 3:30 pm 

It beggars belief that anyone even bothers to converse with I consider to be a prat!
Anyone with an ounce of intelligence would understand that that there must be more to Mr Cameron than what is apparent, either that or he is indeed the stupidest person on the planet!!. Sorry but had to respond to this stupidity! Take care all.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2011, 1:36 am 

I have used Giambrone Law to purchase in Pizzo and we have just completed on our purchase without any problems. In my personal opinion, we have found Brendan, Louise and their two lawyers (Alexandra and Karla who was our attorney on completion) very competent, polite and helpful.

I have decided not to change solicitors because we received very sound reassurances that the firm was able to act in our best interest, despite all the negative publicity on this forum.

We are also using Giambrone for our second purchase in Jewel of the Sea and, despite the delays in the construction work, there is no doubt that the lawyers have tried their best to keep is informed and posting regular updates on their website for all to see.

Anyone can go on a forum and basically accuse anyone of being a rapist, thief or a rip-off merchant and have complete anonymity without recourse and many times just to knock Giambrone down a peg or two.

Certain threads fuel hatred, contempt and sometimes harbor bitter competitors and clients with small issues that get made out like they are huge issues.

In another JOTS forum, the administrators have a very good working relationship with Giambrone - who represent the majority of buyers - and have agreed a working pattern that ultimately benefits all of us, their clients. We certainly do not see the level of negative comments posted here.

Here it seems that the ultimate goal is of making Giambrone lawyers out to be criminals and everything they do to be illegal or fraudulent.

And as far as the "SRA prosecution" goes, this has been ongoing for the last 3 years with various "updates" on this forum but no disciplinary action has been taken yet, so perhaps we should reserve judgment until a decision is made by the SRA, one way or another.

But 3 years to bring a disciplinary case against a lawyer (especially if the evidence was so overwhelming) seems a bit odd to me!

PostPosted: March 5th, 2011, 8:09 am 

Congratulations Wendyleeds, I am pleased that you have completed on your property without little trouble, and wish you success with the JOTS purchase.

I respect your right to post a defence of G&L based on the service you received, but there are many others on this forum who have not, hence the number of posts with the opposite view. I also respect your right to anonymity, but you do not seem to respect other members rights to do the same.

I agree under English law you are innocent until proved guilty, but you cannot escape the fact that the signifcant number of cases submitted to the LCS have resulted in the insurers of G&L having to pay both compensation and the return of legal fees (in full or part) to former clients.

barnpot

PostPosted: March 5th, 2011, 10:40 am 

Dear All.
Can I suggest that we draw a line under this subject...of G&L.
Some people have had good experiences and lots bad.( including myself)
Agree to differ and move on.It is a legal matter now?
Mel

PostPosted: March 5th, 2011, 3:32 pm 

mel wrote:
Dear All.
Can I suggest that we draw a line under this subject...of G&L.
Some people have had good experiences and lots bad.( including myself)
Agree to differ and move on.It is a legal matter now?
Mel

Hi Mel and Barnpot,

like everything in life, everyone's perception of a service is good or bad depending on personal experience and circumstances.

When I engaged in buying in Calabria (having already purchased in Spain and Morocco before, for my two daughters), I knew exactly what to expect: a new, relatively immature, emerging market with all the complications that come with it.

The experience of buying in Morocco was a lot worse than this, and even then we used a UK regulated law firm (Max Gold): service was appalling, their fees extortionate and we were give a contact lawyer who seemed to change every month or so.

Our purchase in Spain was smoothless and we used a local Spanish lawyer who offered us a very personal/cheap service. Would I recommend him to British clientele? No, because he only works 2 hours a day, hardly use emails, did not offer any advice a part from the basic package for €2000.

With G&L, I must say that at the beginning (early 2007) their service was sloppy as probably they were dealing with far more clients than they could handle and there were no other competitors in Calabria as far as I know, a part from Max Gold and John Howell.

Now the market is more fragmented, which is ultimately better for the consumers, and I think that Giambrone has greatly improved the quality of service to their clients in the last 12 months or so, funnily enough when they have closed their offices in Calabria and concentrated all their operations under one roof in Palermo.

Louise and Brendan are always handy to take calls, reply to emails instantly, have helped us through the saga of VFI not delivering our air-conditioning despite the fact that we paid a hefty price for these units, recommended a good independent company for the snagging, helped us with finding a nice hotel near Lamezia so that we could go to the notary's office with the lawyer, etc.

For these reasons, I have nothing but praise for G&L, certainly they could have done things better with hindsight, but with the same hindsight I possibly would have not been fooled by VFI into buying 2 properties in Calabria as the rental guarantees that we were promised will never come to materialise.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2011, 5:57 pm 

Wendyleeds

As I said in my post:

"I am pleased that you have completed on your property without little trouble, and wish you success with the JOTS purchase" and I can fully agree with your opening statement " like everything in life, everyone's perception of a service is good or bad depending on personal experience and circumstances". I have no reason to call into question your own experiences with G&L but there are many of us who have not shared in your good fortune, or would agree with the term you used clients with small issues that get made out like they are huge issues. . May I be so bold to suggest that you look at the 239 posts on this subject before using such term

Barnpot

PostPosted: March 5th, 2011, 6:17 pm 

Barnpot,

I was not specifically referring to this thread or this forum, my comments were more generally related to the fact that online forums are difficult to control and usually people start ranting about everything and everyone, making small issues to be gigantic ones as they need to have a good rant.

I repeat, I am not specifically referring to this thread or the previous 239 posts but it's a general comment.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2011, 6:48 pm 

ukmario wrote:
It beggars belief that anyone even bothers to converse with I consider to be a prat!
Anyone with an ounce of intelligence would understand that that there must be more to Mr Cameron than what is apparent, either that or he is indeed the stupidest person on the planet!!. Sorry but had to respond to this stupidity! Take care all.

Hi ukmario, unfortunately you have to respond to people like EDCameron and now Wendyleeds in order and try and out them if you can not least to protect future members of this forum who may think after reading their posts that its six of one and half a dozen of another. Forum members who continue to instruct them, do so at their own risk, they have been warned.

I have written to the Law Society today in relation to some of the postings on this forum.

PostPosted: March 7th, 2011, 7:09 am 

Hi all,Wendyleeds has just introduced herself on BEF as a lady from leeds with 2 holiday homes in Calabria now looking to live just outside Palermo,the plot thickens,cheers Brian.

PostPosted: March 7th, 2011, 11:13 am 

Wendyleeds wrote:
When I engaged in buying in Calabria... I knew exactly what to expect: a new, relatively immature, emerging market with all the complications that come with it.

Er, people have been buying and selling houses in Calabria for many centuries.

PostPosted: March 8th, 2011, 2:01 pm 

http://www.solicitorstribunal.org.uk/23_03_11List1.pdf

Geoffrey Williams QC has been described as a "big gun" in the past and is one of the most experienced prosecutors on the Law Society's panel.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2011, 3:23 pm 

Hi
We used this crook as our lawyer and stand to lose thousands. The project, Sea Hills has never been completed, despite numerous promises. We are told that work is progressing and one block will be completed end of April. The site looked deserted a short while ago, so I doubt it this will happen.

Has anyone got any recent photographs or news of this site in Brancaleone? I understand they are now calling it something other than 'The Sands' or Sea Hills'

Banchini

PostPosted: March 11th, 2011, 3:30 pm 

ukmario wrote:

thanks for that but if you are one of those who just follows others like a sheep in the fields then it is you who is the prat and not me. i am entitled to voice my opinion as is anyone else.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2011, 9:14 pm 

Mr Cameron
Yes, you are entitled to voice your opinion until one of the moderators closes it for you.
There are no sheep here only people who have been sh..... by the Law Firm that you are so keen on promoting.
Fortunately I am not one of them as my lawyer saw what he was dealing with and I pulled out of an off plan purchase who had your lawyers controlling the contract.
I am one of the lucky people who went elsewhere for legal advice but many forum members were not so fortunate and have lost a lot of money.

Please think about them before you post anything else.

Scots are usually honest and trustworthy so live up to your surname.

PostPosted: March 14th, 2011, 11:28 am 

HI all
I believe that the bad experience that many of us have had because of this so called law firm has given this beautiful part of Italy and the friendly residents here a bad name and has discouraged people from buying here, and indeed ruined many people's lives from what I hear. We were, as were many others at that time, directed to them through Italian Connection on our visit and lead to believe that they were the only ones that could deal with our purchase, (mmmmmm!!!) more fool us!! if we were left to our own devices to find our own lawyers then maybe things would of been different - we had a bad experience with them but got through in the end with the help of another local solicitor. We are one of the lucky ones but my heart goes out to all those who were not so lucky and has lost so much. So Mr Cameron and Wendyleeds you put your self in their shoes then you might be a bit more sympathetic with why many of us are so angry, would you like to of lost your life's savings? I think not!!
Perhaps the Calabrian people should sue him too !!!

PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 12:37 pm 

Interesting article on how conditions imposed on a practicising certificate by a regulatory body can impact on a lawyers ability to obtain professional indemnity insurance...

For those still using Giambrone, you perhaps should check and ask for a copy of his insurance policy.

http://www.legalfutures.co.uk/latest-ne ... dertakings

Next hearing scheduled for mid-July.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next