A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Trip Report Section
PostPosted: June 28th, 2010, 6:17 pm 

How about a trip report section somewhere on the forum?. This would allow people to tell how they got to / from Calabria, what sights etc they seen and give other people ideas on what to do on their next visit to Calabria?.

Post subject: Re: Trip Report Section
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2010, 12:22 pm 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Hi Love Italy,
A good idea and I guess that this is the start of the "Trip Report Section" on the Forum.
Some of what I am conveying has been mentioned elsewhere of the Forim but on this thread may be easier to find for those wanting information on those going via Milan (BGY) to Lamezia.
It is good to see that BGY has been upgraded from when I came through last year. Using Ryanair you may well have a long wait going to and or coming back from Lamezia. Visiting Bergamo is definitely worth a trip or stay and to save you hauling your hand luggage around it is best to leave your luggage at the "Left Luggage" desk. After you leave the Arrivals Hall exit and almost opposite you on the right you will find the L.L. Desk. You must first get your luggage security checked and this facility is right next to the Arrivals Departure doors. Press the bell for Service !!
Bergamo is a lovely old fortified hill top town. The buses are found just outside the airport and run quite regularly. Relatively cheap tickets can be purchased in the airport and you click your ticket in the machine supplied inside the bus. You will find many restaurants etc to partake in Milanese cuisine.
There is a large shopping mall which is a 10 - 15 mins walk from the airport which has numerous shops and many food outlets. You can spend many hours here if you enjoy shopping and the selection of food much better than at the airport at quite reasonable prices. ! ate my first (purchased) Chinese meal in Italy here, not bad for the price from one who knows !
davidnam