A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Members Only
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 9:02 pm 

I must be missing something but I cannot see the point of Members Only as the messages there seem to be the same as the ones on the main forum. Also the dates of the messages are a bit jumbly.

I thought that maybe you have to be a "member only" to post a message or reply to one but Guest seems to post a fair bit. Guest would suggest that you are not a forum member. I've asked about that on another post.

I'm a bit hyper at the moment as I'm going out to Calabria for the first time in the Summer on Monday. Been there several times in Spring and Autumn never when it's really hot. I'm doing it on same day from Scotland. Same day return too. Tried it last October but on return got held up in Rome due to luggage delay so had to spend an overnight in London. This time I have made sure that there are many hours between connecting flights.

mags

ps Any advice on how to get from one Rome airport to the other without having to get bus and train or taxi? I'll avoid taxi again as I was petrified by the speed the driver was doing and the risks he kept taking.

Post subject: Re: Members Only
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 10:30 pm 

What about a rickshaw!

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 11:47 pm 

Can you get a transvission transfer bus from one airport to the other? if you can jump on that to Rome then catch the other bus to the airport from the station thats if you have the time for that or can you catch a train to the other aiport from the one your using?

Cheers Diane

Last edited by diane on June 24th, 2010, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2010, 1:02 am 

Good luck Mags - let us know how it all worked out and how you got on.

Mrs T

PostPosted: June 24th, 2010, 7:05 am 

Mrs Teapot

Could you let me know the way you are travelling from Scotland in the one day, i.e airlines and times?

Bobby

PostPosted: June 24th, 2010, 9:07 am 

The terms and conditions are different for the members only section, giving us a bit of protection from companies unhappy about members posts.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2010, 9:28 am 

Hi,

Each time I gain access to the forum, it asks me to log in eventhough I've indicated to be logged in automatically each time.

Then when I log in, I cannot see the 'Members only' thread on the front page. Is here a need to change my password because of this changeover.

Berni

PostPosted: June 26th, 2010, 9:58 pm 

Thanks, Diane

I didn't realise that you could get bus from Ciampino Airport to Fiumicino Airport and change at train station.

We have in the past gone from Ciampino to Il termine and then got train to Fiumcino. It's a long drag in the railway station.

Last time we got a taxi from Ciampino to Fiumcino. Never again! I was almost breaking Paul's knuckles and shouting Mammy, Daddy every time the driver
cut in front of someone.

We have given ourselves loads of time for the transfer after being caught out last time on return. Got home a day late due to luggage hold up.

Thank you for advice.
mags

PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 11:25 am 

Right here are some transfer shuttle bus links ive found i don't know how many of you are going but it may work out cheaper for you,

http://www.shuttledirect.com/en/php/air ... direct.php

http://rome.airport-shuttle.com/ nyou can also catch a train which may be cheaper still

http://www.rome.info/transportation/ if not do a search for transvision bus? not sure how you spell it, i think they do shuttles from one airport to the other, if not catch it into Rome then catch the next one to the other station iwish i had done that when i went to Milan taxi cost the earth to where i was going lolll

Cheers Diane :)

PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 7:25 pm 

mags[/quote]
mags wrote:
I'm a bit hyper at the moment as I'm going out to Calabria for the first time in the Summer on Monday. Been there several times in Spring and Autumn never when it's really hot. I'm doing it on same day from Scotland. Same day return too. Tried it last October but on return got held up in Rome due to luggage delay so had to spend an overnight in London. This time I have made sure that there are many hours between connecting flights.

mags

ps Any advice on how to get from one Rome airport to the other without having to get bus and train or taxi? I'll avoid taxi again as I was petrified by the speed the driver was doing and the risks he kept taking.

Hi Mags,
Can you tell us the airports, airlines, flight times etc. that enabled you to make both outward and inward journeys without having to stopover either way. Also how you got on travelling between airports for connecting flights.
Have a good holiday,

Pooch

PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 8:43 pm 

Diane
Thank you but I can't book Terravision beyond Il Termine from Rome Ciampino
on line so we'll just get the train from the station to Fuimicino.

Pooch, I'll give you all the details when I get back and let you know how I got on.

Basically, flying Ryanair Edinburgh to Rome, Easyjet Rome to Lamezia.
Return Blue Express from Lamezia to Rome then Rome to Gatwick with BA and then up to Edinburgh with BA.

We tried this before but didn't work out due to delayed luggage in Rome but this time have left hours between flights.

Back to weighing cases, 15 kilos Ryanair's limit is not a lot! I'm not paying them an extra penny after paying £180 for excess weight last year. Just wish I didn't have to fly with them especially after the way they treated the passengers fron Prestwick to Gerona.

mags

ps to all our England fans, what a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 9:36 pm 

Shame ??? I havent laughed so much in 10 years ! The only shame should be the overpaid egos of the players that seem to think they are world class - and the English media!

PostPosted: June 27th, 2010, 11:38 pm 
England were pretty useless throughout the entire world cup and the better team one but the real shame is that FIFA fail to wake up and employ simple goal line technology in a competition of such importance and magnitude.

PostPosted: June 28th, 2010, 8:07 am 

I am quite impressed by the relevance of the google ads at the bottom of the page. I get to see ads about Rome airport transfers.