A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: IPLC LLP, Kobalt Law LLP
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2012, 3:52 pm 

This is a public statement, which should be read with care by ALL members of this forum and in particular those who have instructed or are currently instructing The International Property Law Centre LLP or any of its associated or successor companies, whoever they may be.

Following comments by forum members made on this thread (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3452) and public statements made by IPLC thereafter, Mr Lucatello of Kobalt Law LLP has informed me that “all active clients previously of IPLC LLP, were sent letters advising what options they had”.

The current location of the IPLC LLP non-active client files is unknown. At this present time they could be located at up to 8 different locations at the last count including the offices of Kobalt Law LLP.

Whilst this matter and other subsequent matters are under investigation by the Information Commissioner and the Law Society, I would recommend in view of Mr Lucatello’s statement about Mr Giambrone that “the SRA did not do anything visible to assist people like you...and when they did, it was too late” that ALL members of this forum who have received advice and/or choices from The International Property Law Centre LLP or any of its associated companies, particularly those who currently having problems with the allocation of communal land/set up of management companies and electricity/water supplies in Italy, that they write a simple letter in the first instance to the Company Secretary, International Property Law Centre LLP, 14 Scale Lane, Hull HU1 1LA asking them to confirm the current whereabouts of their file.

My apologies to all forum members who used IPLC or their associated companies on the basis of some of my postings on this forum. Please do not hesitate to contact me via this forum or email me directly at gelsomini@hotmail.co.uk if you have any concerns.

Last edited by admin on March 5th, 2013, 7:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Removed names of unrelated companies.

Report this post
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2012, 5:16 pm 

Dear Lavender, and others to whom it may concern:

the above post has been edited to remove the names of legal practices started by former employees of of IPLC who do not wish to be associated.

From my understanding Max Gold International Property Centre was closed down and one of the owners, Stefano Lucatello, has transferred the files to his new practice Kobalt Law unless clients have instructed other firms.

To my knowledge several IPLC lawyers have moved on to other firms or started their own and I maintain a working relationship with most of them. See also http://www.incalabria.com/italian-lawyers

Best wishes and merry Christmas,

Dennis.

Report this post
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2012, 5:41 pm 

Dennis,

They may well wish not "to be associated" however Dennis they are, in particular B&M Law LLP, who issued a joint statement on this forum with Kobalt Law LLP using the IPLC username.

Attachment:
File comment: Joint statement by Kobalt Law LLP and B&M Law LLP
B&M-Law-LLP.jpg
B&M-Law-LLP.jpg [ 100.49 KiB | Viewed 2743 times ]

Mr Menato has had ample opportunity to correct any 'misapprehensions' caused by the post. He has chosen not to do so and Mr Lucatello has specifically referred to his involvement in the "movement" of the client files from IPLC

Unless and until Mr Menato issues another public statement on behalf of B&M Law LLP, on this forum, I consider they remain firmly associated.

Best wishes and a Merry Christmas to you too
Lavender

Report this post
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2012, 10:06 am 

Lavender, I invite you to reread the post you quoted as it seems quite clear to me that the firms are unrelated.

You are a valued member of this forum and I thank you for sharing your many insights here that have surely helped many people. I have asked the people involved to read this topic and clarify if they feel a need to do so - it is Xmas however so it can take a while.

Dennis.

Report this post
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2012, 12:50 pm 

Dennis Onstenk wrote:
Lavender, I invite you to reread the post you quoted as it seems quite clear to me that the firms are unrelated.

Dennis,

Just because firms are set up as separate legal entities does not mean they are 'unrelated' as Mr Lucatello and Mr Menato are well aware given their submissions to the High Court.

Report this post
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2012, 12:52 pm 

Dear all,
I take this opportunity to announce that on the 19th November 2012 B&M Law LLP officially opened its office in London:
Hamilton House
1 Temple Avenue
London EC4Y 0HA
United Kingdom

Tel. +44(0)20 7489 2043
Fax. +44(0)20 7489 2001

Email: michelem@bandmlaw.co.uk; luigib@bandmlaw.co.uk
http://www.bandmlaw.co.uk

The opening of the firm by the partners at B&M Law LLP, Mr Luigi Bernardis and me, is a normal career evolution from employee of IPLC to partner at B&M Law LLP via an interim period as independent consultant for Kobalt Law LLP.

B&M Law is a new law firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitor Regulation Authority and it is neither a successor nor an associate of IPLC or Kobalt Law LLP. No files of IPLC/Kobalt Law LLP have been transferred to B&M Law LLP.

As with the majority of the forum’s users, I share Dennis’s feelings on how important it is to obtain reliable information from the forum. I invite everyone to check accurately the facts before posting their comments, especially if the post refers to an event which took place at least 10 months earlier. In fact, I would like to add that a joint statement was not, and is not, proof of association by the posters. For this reason I can only reiterate the invitation extended by Dennis to reread the quoted post, which was self explanatory, hence, no need to “correct misapprehensions”.

Anyone who wishes to have more information about B&M Law LLP can contact us using the above mentioned contact details.

Michele Menato
Partner at B&M LAW LLP

Report this post
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2012, 2:29 pm 

B&M LAW LLP wrote:

The opening of the firm by the partners at B&M Law LLP, Mr Luigi Bernardis and me, is a normal career evolution from employee of IPLC to partner at B&M Law LLP via an interim period as independent consultant for Kobalt Law LLP.

Did you inform the Kobalt Law LLP clients you were an "independent consultant" Mr Menato because the emails I have seen sent by you have been signed off as "Joint Head of Italian Department" and did you become an independent consultant for Kobalt Law LLP before or after you were a Member of the firm for a grand total of 14 days? What happened, get a bit hot in the frying pan or just have a change of heart like Ugo Tanda of Giambrone & Law?

Attachment:
Kobalt Law LLP -Appointment of M Menato.jpg
Kobalt Law LLP -Appointment of M Menato.jpg [ 148.02 KiB | Viewed 2678 times ]

B&M LAW LLP wrote:

B&M Law is a new law firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitor Regulation Authority and it is neither a successor nor an associate of IPLC or Kobalt Law LLP. No files of IPLC/Kobalt Law LLP have been transferred to B&M Law LLP.

Is it Mr Menato, that's debatable but we wont get into that just yet but since we're getting all pedantic, I think you should come back on this forum and tell me that you personally did not "move" files from IPLC LLP to Kobalt Law LLP and that you have not "moved" files from Kobalt Law LLP to B&M Law LLP.

Report this post
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2012, 6:52 pm 

Dear Lavender,
All my posts on the forum were, and are, aimed to give information deriving from my professional knowledge and experience. I always endeavour to write posts in a clear, transparent and open manner.
If requested, I have also offered clarification and I will continue to do so.
Frankly I think I answered the question about who B&M Law LLP are and for the record, there is only one Michele Menato a former employee of IPLC then consultant for Kobalt Law LLP and now partner at B&M Law LLP, which is a natural and logical career progression.
Lavender, please feel free to contact me personally or even come to see us at our new office, where I will be happy to speak to you.
Michele Menato
Partner at B&M LAW LLP

Report this post
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2012, 7:22 pm 

I have to agree wth Dennis. Lavender’s information were inconsistent and largely incorrect when she used to post regarding a certain development a while ago. Lavender had posted some useful information in the past, , but has a tendency to scream and shout and post incorrect information to get what she wants when forum members disagree with her.
Mr Menato has a good reputation for winning cases for buyers. In the last 3 months he has won cases against a particular builder for 7 buyers in Locri court. I think Lavender was advising clients in this particular project to sue the solicitor instead of the builder . lavender was not pleased when mr menato was advising clients to sue the builder instead. That’s the reason I think why she has started to scream and shout at Mr Menato was not doing as he was being told.
Mr Menato , please don’t fall for lavender’s bait . Just ignore her post. She has a habit of posting inconsistent and largely incorrect post. Mr Menato, Thank you for helping buyers to win cases in Jewel Of the sea. Keep up the good work!

Report this post
PostPosted: December 23rd, 2012, 7:34 pm 

Dear B&M Law LLP

All my posts on the forum are aimed to give information to other members about my knowledge and experiences to help them protect their interests where their lawyers and the SRA have not done so before.

You answered the question about who B&M Law LLP are 18 months after the question was posed and only because I’ve forced you into a position to answer it. Perhaps now you want to answer why Audrey2010 had to even ask it.

I too share Dennis’s feelings on how important it is to obtain reliable information from the forum. I take it you no longer which to consider yourself an “independent” consultant?

Unfortunately I dont think Companies House will let you retract the fact that you were a Member (director) of Kobalt Law LLP.

You say you always endeavour to write posts in a clear, transparent and open manner.

Did you or did you not personally “move” the IPLC LLP files to Kobalt Law LLP?

You know the issues we are dealing with Mr Menato, it would be my suggestion that you contact Mr Lucatello as a matter of urgency and resolve them because if you do not the only place we will be meeting is before the panel at the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.

Lavender

Report this post
PostPosted: December 27th, 2012, 7:27 pm 

bellesancez51 and London37 I know who you are and what you are trying to do here... grow up! and behave as you should do and stop acting like children in the play ground... many people have been helped greatly by Lavender and will be forever grateful to her. The only underhanded work going on here is by you. If you are that confident on what you know and stand for them expose who you really are to people reading this site and let them decide who are the hypocrites!

Report this post
PostPosted: December 28th, 2012, 12:24 pm 

Topic cleaned up to reflect a minimum standard we want to adhere to, whilst preserving the views expressed.

Dennis.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2013, 9:30 am 

Dear All,
I would like to wish you all a happy 2013 and to thank Dennis for moderating this thread so that it can continue to be useful to the user of the forum.
For this reason I need to reaffirm that B&M Law LLP is a new law firm which has been operating from the 19 November 2012 and no files have been transferred, moved, received from IPLC LLP, which is no longer trading, or Kobalt Law LLP, with which B&M Law no longer collaborates.
My employment at IPLC and collaboration with Kobalt Law are part of my past career of which I am proud.
I am now dedicated to B&M Law LLP and am committed to providing a high level of service.
Should anyone, including my former clients, feel the need to ask me any questions I will be more than happy to reply to a personal message, as I must adhere to the confidentiality and disclosure rules of my profession.
I will finish by saying that I can only agree with what was written by Ionian in another thread and that hopefully “all the problems will be resolved in 2013, be it completion on your long awaited apartment or the return of your money”.
Yours faithfully,
Michele Menato
Partner B&M LAW LLP

Report this post
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2013, 9:30 am 

Dear All,
I would like to wish you all a happy 2013 and to thank Dennis for moderating this thread so that it can continue to be useful to the user of the forum.
For this reason I need to reaffirm that B&M Law LLP is a new law firm which has been operating from the 19 November 2012 and no files have been transferred, moved, received from IPLC LLP, which is no longer trading, or Kobalt Law LLP, with which B&M Law no longer collaborates.
My employment at IPLC and collaboration with Kobalt Law are part of my past career of which I am proud.
I am now dedicated to B&M Law LLP and am committed to providing a high level of service.
Should anyone, including my former clients, feel the need to ask me any questions I will be more than happy to reply to a personal message, as I must adhere to the confidentiality and disclosure rules of my profession.
I will finish by saying that I can only agree with what was written by Ionian in another thread and that hopefully “all the problems will be resolved in 2013, be it completion on your long awaited apartment or the return of your money”.
Yours faithfully,
Michele Menato
Partner B&M LAW LLP

Report this post
PostPosted: January 2nd, 2013, 10:04 am 

B&M LAW LLP wrote:
Dear All,

Doesnt answer my question Mr Menato, which is did you or did you not personally "move" the IPLC LLP files to Kobalt Law LLP?

Report this post
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 1:36 pm 

Dear Lavender,
I answered your questions clearly but I shall repeat that I did not personally “move” IPLC LLP files to Kobalt Law LLP.
Should you have any other queries,contact me directly.
Yours sincerely.
Michele Menato
Partner
B&M LAW LLP

Report this post
PostPosted: January 28th, 2013, 8:50 pm 

B&M LAW LLP wrote:
Dear All,
Yours faithfully,
Michele Menato
Partner B&M LAW LLP

Ummm.........I am not sure most of us are following this particular discussion or can be bothered - I for one am worn down by the whole 'Italian Property' debacle. I am more interested in the advice you would give your old clients that you helped complete on a property (as they had very limited options as a result of their previous solicitor actions) Yes - we may have an apartment but it worthless and cannot be used as intended - we still do not have electricity meters or a complex that is being maintained. I think the first group that left a certain law firm were used as guinea pigs. It appears that a certain law firm has been found 'guilty' yet nothing is being done to help those that had and have had to complete using contracts written by him.

Report this post