A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 1st, 2012, 2:51 pm 

After a long long long wait we finally recieved our furniture for our appartment but not all of it has arrived. i paid 7600 euros for a pack and what we got didn't tally up to 3000 euros and some of it was absolute crap and this was from a designer catalogue ,i am still waiting on shower doors and a fridge which was part of the white goods contract. So my advice to all who are buying property is to buy your own furniture, i will not mention the company i paid the 7600 euros to but three letters should be a big enough clue.

Report this post
PostPosted: December 1st, 2012, 10:23 pm 

jimbomurray wrote:
After a long long long wait we finally recieved our furniture for our appartment but not all of it has arrived. i paid 7600 euros for a pack and what we got didn't tally up to 3000 euros and some of it was absolute crap and this was from a designer catalogue ,i am still waiting on shower doors and a fridge which was part of the white goods contract. So my advice to all who are buying property is to buy your own furniture, i will not mention the company i paid the 7600 euros to but three letters should be a big enough clue.

Yes we went through the same crap! I would highly advise people to go to the store and personaly purchase furniture. You can sometimes bardder on the price as well

Report this post
PostPosted: December 2nd, 2012, 11:30 am 

jimbomurray wrote:
my advice to all who are buying property is to buy your own furniture, i will not mention the company i paid the 7600 euros to but three letters should be a big enough clue.

Whilst I regret what has happened to you and others I know there many satisfied clients of more reputable companies, the trick is to go for company name acronyms with more than three letters. Unfortunately companies with three letter acronyms (there are more than one) have failed delivery on a lot more than the furniture.

Some tips for those still looking to furnish their property in Calabria:
Sourcing furniture in an area you don't know is rather time consuming, particularly in rural parts of Calabria. One option is to rent a van and drive it to Catania or Salerno and get what you want from Ikea, source it at home and send it down with a van for about 1500 gbp (search this site for Billy, the man - not the Ikea bookshelf ;-) ) or get our partner management company Calabrian Services to sort it out.

Hope this helps,

Dennis.

Report this post
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2012, 4:43 pm 

Please check out the topic, headed,

Calabria Property Management Companies http://www.incalabria.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3385&hilit=Calabria+Property+Management+Companies

for our details and and some Testimonials from some of our other clients,
regards John & Sue

Report this post
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2012, 5:50 pm 

You have my sympathy, personally I purchased everything myself and thoroughly enjoyed routing out good quality furniture at very competitive prices. My kitchen I purchased from Miami Cucina based in Lamezia, the quality and workmanship is excellent and priced way below alot of other organisations

Report this post
PostPosted: December 4th, 2012, 10:06 am 

Thanks for the tip, Grandma Sue

Report this post