A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Zagamilaw
PostPosted: May 7th, 2011, 12:22 pm 

After swapping one development for another I also swapped lawyers. From recommendations I used Zagamilaw. They took me through the whole process to completion. I must admit at times I had my doubts but they talked me through them all. Being professional they do what is necessary and do it daily. I think we tend to think we're the only ones and can't wait for things to happen. I would recommend them. I now have my Title Deeds. Angela.

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Zagamilaw
PostPosted: May 10th, 2011, 4:50 pm 

Dear members and Angela,

Please let me underline the content of a topic previously written by me.

It is Paolo Zagami Lawyer writing. Sorry for the long absence from the Forum but we are now back.

The reason for this silence is that we have been busy changing the locations of our law firm and recruiting new professionals who could finalize the many legal practices of “Zagamilaw”, which also thanks to your positive feedback, has grown to the point of becoming the most important international law firm based in Calabria with more than 50 pleased British clients who have invested in second homes. Furthermore ZGML has achieved numerous contacts in America and Canada, nations whose law is based on a common law system exactly like the one in United Kingdom.

Now we are available again and ready to give our contribute to this great and useful Forum with new juridical advice and to promote our legal services. In this regard, me and my new legal assistant Ms. Emily May Giordani (English mother tongue) will be happy to answer each query and meet you personally in one of our offices in Reggio Calabria or Rome or somewhere in London by appointment.

Thank you for all your positive comments that you have expressed on our law firm to this point and we hope to meet soon everyone who would like to use “Zagamilaw International Law Firm”.

Please for more information about us, to get to know our services or for legal advice visit our website http://www.zagamilaw.com and feel free to contact us at our UK line which is +44.(0)20.32862319, you will be more than welcome.

Avvocato Paolo Zagami
Zagamilaw International Law Firm
Reggio Calabria – Rome – New York – Toronto
info@zagamilaw.com
http://www.zagamilaw.com

Report this post
PostPosted: June 25th, 2011, 2:41 pm 

Dear Members,

We have been informed by some clients of something that made all of us at “Zagamilaw” quite disappointed and sad. These clients told us their previous lawyer has been treathening them to pay for his fees after they have decided to move toward our law firm to get legal assistance.

This previous colleague told these client have to pay their fees otherwise a legal action will be taken against them and also their properties will be legally revoked.

Concerning the first point please note that any legal action cannot be taken when it is possible to show the lack of communication or the bad service which has been provided. In regard to the second point this is absolutely ridiculous, once a property is bought by the signature on the deed of sale the ownership cannot be changed on instance of a lawyer claiming the payment of his fees!

In this view please note that according to article 38 of the Lawyers Code of conduct “Costituisce violazione dei doveri professionali, il mancato, ritardato o negligente compimento di atti inerenti al mandato quando derivi da non scusabile e rilevante trascuratezza degli interessi della parte assistita”. It means that “It is professional misconduct, failure, delay or negligent performance of acts related to the mandate when it comes from, and not excusable neglect of the important interests of the assisted". When this is the case of course no fees can be claimed for a service that has not been provided.

Sorry if my words can hurt someone but I felt the need to clarify this point as recently some british people lost their sleep for some no meaning email coming from other professionals.

Best Regards

Avvocato Paolo Zagami
www.zagamilaw.com

Report this post
PostPosted: June 25th, 2011, 11:21 pm 

Dear Avvocato Zagomi

I was threatened in a similar way, in fact I was threatened that I could be arrested by the Italian police if I set foot in Italy. This caused me huge stress and worry at the time.

Do you think you could inform the Italian/Sicilian Bar about this misconduct? This sort of behaviour can do no good for the reputation of Italian Lawyers, the Italian Legal Profession or the Italian property market.

I think many people will know who we are talking about from direct experience.

I recently met you at an Exhibition in London - you are a good man so I am hoping that you are feeding back this information to your professional body. This is not the time for Omerta, it is the time when good men must stand up for what is right.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 26th, 2011, 6:19 pm 

Zagamilaw, can you also please confirm that unlike in the UK, an Italian lawyer or firm cannot withhold a client file on the grounds that their fees have not been paid and that where this has occurred in relation to those who previously instructed "Giambrone" and who are now instructing you, that you will similarly report this misconduct to the Italian bar?

Report this post
PostPosted: June 28th, 2011, 11:04 am 

I know that is the case in Spain, France and Germany. We're unsure about Italy but we'll look into it too.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 6th, 2011, 10:36 pm 

Lavender wrote:
Zagamilaw, can you also please confirm that unlike in the UK, an Italian lawyer or firm cannot withhold a client file on the grounds that their fees have not been paid and that where this has occurred in relation to those who previously instructed "Giambrone" and who are now instructing you, that you will similarly report this misconduct to the Italian bar?

Zagamilaw, have you reported Giambrone to the Italian bar?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 12th, 2011, 11:51 am 

CalabriaBuyer wrote:
Dear Avvocato Zagomi

I was threatened in a similar way, in fact I was threatened that I could be arrested by the Italian police if I set foot in Italy. This caused me huge stress and worry at the time.

Do you think you could inform the Italian/Sicilian Bar about this misconduct? This sort of behaviour can do no good for the reputation of Italian Lawyers, the Italian Legal Profession or the Italian property market.

I think many people will know who we are talking about from direct experience.

I recently met you at an Exhibition in London - you are a good man so I am hoping that you are feeding back this information to your professional body. This is not the time for Omerta, it is the time when good men must stand up for what is right.

Dear CalabriaBuyer,

Many thanks for your words about my person, I really appreciate. Please feel free to contat me by private message and let me know who you are since I met many people at La Dolce Vita.

It is ridiculous that someone told you could be arrested by the Italian police if you set foot in Italy. We have informed the competent body of lawyers but be sure at this time when Internet make shortens all the distances everyone can have complete feedback on everything and everyone so they were already aware.

Best Regards

Avvocato Paolo Zagami
www.zagamilaw.com

Report this post
PostPosted: July 12th, 2011, 11:54 am 

Audrey2010 wrote:
Lavender wrote:

Zagamilaw, have you reported Giambrone to the Italian bar?

Dear Lavender and Audrey,

Please note I didn't wrote in any part of my topic that I'm talking about a lawyer in particular. Anyway yes sure as above mentioned we will report this misconduct.

Kindest Regards

Avvocato Paolo Zagami
www.zagamilaw.com

Report this post