A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 2:17 pm 

Hello,

Can anyone suggest a legal remedy in relation to the horrific connection fees that are being asked for At Pizzo Beach Club.

I don't mind paying a fair amount but the figures quoted to date are absolutely sky high!!!

My current lawyer is not getting much joy and I just need to know where I stand.

Thanks,

J

Report this post
PostPosted: February 10th, 2011, 1:38 am 

do you mean 2300 euro? I don;t know whether somebody managed to do it but as far as I understand we have to pay it anyway. If you read the contract the buyer should cover ANY additional expenditures which appeared during the construction. So they call it connection fee but they can change the name to the #additional construction fee. Probably somebody has a different view but this is how I understand the situation

Report this post
PostPosted: February 10th, 2011, 7:26 pm 

As far as I am aware and i have it on good authority that if it says connection fees it is for connection fees and cannot be changed afterwards to say "additonal construction fees" as teh previous post indicates - although i am sure certain legal representatives of preliminary contracts would like to tell you that, what is in the contract when you sign it stays!!!.. However, i expect that they have fooled many by making us think that connection fees meant that we would get utilities connected to our properties when in fact i beleive that we will find out that they will now tell us that it is for the delivery to the site and NOT to our properties. Yet another "clause" that the lawyers helped the builders to utlilise to get more money out of us!!! Do not let anyone tell you that contracts can be "changed" once they have been signed because unless both parties agree to an alterations it cannot!!! It is the interpretation you need to worry about!!!!

Report this post
PostPosted: February 13th, 2011, 10:36 am 

geom wrote:
If you read the contract the buyer should cover ANY additional expenditures which appeared during the construction. So they call it connection fee but they can change the name to the #additional construction fee.

Who told you this "Geom" because it would seem to me that any such interpretation would be tantamount to writing the builder a blank cheque and I cant imagine that any decent lawyer would expose their client to such a risk?

Report this post
PostPosted: February 15th, 2011, 6:40 pm 

geom wrote:
do you mean 2300 euro? I don;t know whether somebody managed to do it but as far as I understand we have to pay it anyway. If you read the contract the buyer should cover ANY additional expenditures which appeared during the construction. So they call it connection fee but they can change the name to the #additional construction fee. Probably somebody has a different view but this is how I understand the situation

I understand that the connection fees are for water electric etc and is it not normal for these to be paid by the buyer? Does seem a biot steep but as i get it this is not additional construction fees.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 16th, 2011, 4:53 pm 

Hi folks,

On my last visit to Pizzo Beach Club, I was informed that anyone who has completed must now organise their own connection to the water supply.
Within the next 10 days, apartments which are completed will be disconnected to the Pizzo Beach Supply and must be connected to their own supply under the property owners name.

I don’t know if there will be a fee for this connection, as we have never organised this before.
Tomorrow, I will be down at the complex and will have to record each properties meter number.
Then we will have to go to the local commune office and find out what the procedure is and if there is a charge.

All the best,
Paul

Report this post