A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SEIZURE ORDERS
PostPosted: January 28th, 2010, 2:58 pm 

I am a client of Claudio Minasi of Studio Legale Minasi

It has taken me a total of 6 months to obtain a seizure order for double my deposit, plus costs, totalling 136,000 euros. Presently, the outcome of my litigation looks extremely positive.

In my opinion, whilst the strategy of waiting or negotiating with the builders may or may not be working, court action certainly is, and this legal practice is delivering results.

Contact Details are available on the link below:

http://www.studiolegaleminasi.com/

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: SEIZURE ORDERS
PostPosted: January 28th, 2010, 6:15 pm 

Out of interest, which development were you supposed to be in ?

Report this post
PostPosted: January 28th, 2010, 8:36 pm 

What a well informed first post.

Would you have any personal involvement?

Report this post
PostPosted: January 28th, 2010, 10:23 pm 

what really amazes me is that 27 minutes after registering stillo posts a very specific reply to a new thread thats less than an hour old ?????????????? Is this a coincidence ???????????

Report this post
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 2:15 am 

will wrote:
what really amazes me is that 27 minutes after registering stillo posts a very specific reply to a new thread thats less than an hour old ?????????????? Is this a coincidence ???????????

Or is the fact that Stillo writes his warnings clearly, coherently and legalistically in English yet using Italian phraseology and Italian punctuation mean he has his own interest in persuading people to not pursue redress for wrongs they perceive have been committed against them?
Annie

Report this post
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 12:15 pm 

Why was the Stilo post removed?

Report this post
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 12:18 pm 

Sarah2010 wrote:
Why was the Stilo post removed?

Probably because it was not "well informed first post".

Report this post
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 12:31 pm 

Thank you Park1, I guessed as much with the observant answeres from
Will,Annie&Pauline.
Do they really think Irish and English people will walk away from Italy,leaving
for many their life savings behind?

Report this post
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 6:25 pm 

ONCE AGAIN I WRITE.............

I have spoken with the builder and I can assure you that he has removed the sequestration order of the apartments of ****** and has already asked the Italian courts to remove those of ********. I have also heard that the builder has asked the Italian Courts for ********* and ***** the reimbursement of damages of approximately €6.000.000 because the sequestration order of the apartments was excessive and has brought notable damages to the builder.
Please seek advise before proceeding with any complaints against the builder because it is risky and there is a possibility of losing the deposit, the apartment and having to pay damages to the builder.

WHY WAS MY POST REMOVED?????????

I am totally shocked to discover that my post was deleted.
WHO HAS THE AUTHORITY TO DO THIS?????????
I believed this forum to be informative and useful but I truley believe that after this gesture it to be garbage. I can not believe what can by done, it makes me wonder how much of this forum is true.
There is so much information exchanged....positive and negative....in whose interest is it to cancel the true information and leave behind all the rubbish.

REGARDS STILLO

Report this post
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 7:02 pm 

Hi Stillo,

your post was deleted because it violated our privacy rules as you mentioned several names. Please refer to our rules and respect everybody's privacy and do not mention other people's names without their permission.

Names have been removed from your re-post.

Thank you for your contributions.

Dennis.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 7:49 pm 

Is it me or was there a post saying that neither admin or moderator removed
Stillo's post and a reply from Annie saying that "Stillo had eating his words"?
Yes, there is a need to protect peoples privacy but why mess around with
other posts. Whats going on!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have always found this forum very helpful and informative, not bias in any way, I would not like to believe that posts are being used to influence buyers.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 7:58 pm 

Hi Sarah,

you are spot on! I did briefly post in error that nothing was deleted, but later removed that post as I was shown the logfiles which showed that a post had been removed as it was a breach of privacy - according to the forum rules and the law.

As you can imagine we need to make sure the forum does not break the law.

Nothing spooky there!

Dennis.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 8:07 pm 

Dear Dennis thank you for your comments.
I have been reading this forum for a long time and have only just recently become a member. I did not want to upset anybody and ask you to read past posts and look at how many times names have been mentioned and posts have remained in this forum and not been deleted. I speak the truth and like others on this forum think it is important to share news. Is it that the truth needs to be hidden. It really does make me wonder what is going on and agree totally with the comments made by Sarah "WHAT'S GOING ON?"

Regards

STILLO

Report this post
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 9:06 pm 

For clarity I removed the post as the context in which names were used was in my opinion threatening in nature and tone. As Such contrary to the forum rules. If my personal details were used In such a manner I would feel uncomfortable. I stand by the decision to remove the post and would do so again in such circumstances.

Tyke

Report this post
PostPosted: January 29th, 2010, 10:11 pm 

Stillo

Following on from Tyke2's post I think for additional clarity it would be beneficial for all to understand your relationship with all concerned.

You obviously have privileged detailed information, which you have deemed necessary to post on here.

I have concerns for all of those mentioned in that the builder is quite happy to disclose such information to you.

Furthermore the manner in which you post makes one think that you have a vested interest in warning people away from such actions.

Please put our minds at rest and tell us more about yourself.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 12:33 pm 

AnnieandPauline wrote:

Or is the fact that Stillo writes his warnings clearly, coherently and legalistically in English yet using Italian phraseology and Italian punctuation mean he has his own interest in persuading people to not pursue redress for wrongs they perceive have been committed against them?
Annie

Hi Annie and Pauline, its not wrongs that I “perceive” - I had a contract to buy an apartment with a delivery date of 1st August 2008. I saw no substantive evidence for over a year that the builder was committed to finishing the development. The builder refused to communicate with my lawyers at the time and so I decided my best and only course of action was to enforce the terms of the contract which had been breached by the builder so comprehensively.

At this present time my seizure order is still in place.

We have received no claims for damages and I think you are right when you say this is a method of persuading people on a public forum not to pursue redress. The courts ordered the seizure, and I assume they would not have done so if they did not think we had a strong case.

Last edited by Park1 on January 30th, 2010, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 12:33 pm 

tyke2 wrote:
For clarity I removed the post as the context in which names were used was in my opinion threatening in nature and tone. As Such contrary to the forum rules. If my personal details were used In such a manner I would feel uncomfortable. I stand by the decision to remove the post and would do so again in such circumstances.

Tyke

Thankyou Tyke. Your empathy is much appreciated.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 7:52 pm 

Dear all,

I am like the rest of you, a client who has purchased and completed in Vista Montagna. I have no personal interest in the development and am happy that it is all over. It has been a very long hard battle, but I survived.
I have met the builder on many occassions prior to completion and he has always been friendly and helpful.
He has discussed many concerns and problems that have arisen on this development. I do not find it strange that he has told me certain matters and have appreciated it.
What he told me I thought important for other purchasers to know beacuse he is genuine and this forum tends to be too negative and is also good to communicate the postive things.
At the end of the day all we all wanted is our italian dream home. We must all stick together and hang in there. In summer we will all be sitting by the pool and laughing at this horrible saga.

STILLO

Report this post
PostPosted: January 30th, 2010, 9:29 pm 

Stillo,
Firstly I don't think you should have to go through months of undue worry
and sleepless nights buying a property and then be thankful that you survived it. You pay your solicitor to look after your interests,you find out
that instead of looking after you he has drawn up a contract completely
in favor of the builder,to add insult to injury the builder breaks this contract
and the buyer is the "baddie"for looking for their deposit back.
I had a dream of a place in beautiful Calabria but that has turned into a nightmare for me and many others. We want our deposits back,the law of the land states that in breach of contract the least we are intitled to is this.
If we broke the contract the builder would be intitled to keep our deposit and
given a chance you bet he would.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 31st, 2010, 12:42 am 

Park1 wrote:
Hi Annie and Pauline, its not wrongs that I “perceive” - ...

Hi Park,
My last post was deleted by Donstenk and I accept his apology that it was in error.
I have replied to you by PM.
Annie

Last edited by AnnieandPauline on February 2nd, 2010, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 31st, 2010, 10:43 am 

Apologies, I quickly deleted my erroneous posts late at night after I found where the full logfiles are and got one of yours as well by mistake. We hardly ever delete or edit anything so this thread is highly unusual in that respect.

donstenk 95.246.35.161 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:18 pm Edited post “Re: SEIZURE ORDERS” written by
» stillo
View topic | View topic log | View forum
donstenk 95.246.35.161 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:03 pm Deleted post “Re: SEIZURE ORDERS” written by
» AnnieandPauline
donstenk 95.246.35.161 Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:03 pm Deleted post “Re: SEIZURE ORDERS” written by
» admin
admin 95.246.35.161 Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:59 pm Deleted post “Re: SEIZURE ORDERS” written by
» admin

Report this post
PostPosted: January 31st, 2010, 5:37 pm 

Is Vista Montagne finished at last? It seems to have taken a long time to build!!!

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 11:51 am 

stillo wrote:

I have spoken with the builder and I can assure you that he has removed the sequestration order of the apartments of ****** and has already asked the Italian courts to remove those of ********. I have also heard that the builder has asked the Italian Courts for ********* and ***** the reimbursement of damages of approximately €6.000.000 because the sequestration order of the apartments was excessive and has brought notable damages to the builder.
Please seek advise before proceeding with any complaints against the builder because it is risky and there is a possibility of losing the deposit, the apartment and having to pay damages to the builder.

WHY WAS MY POST REMOVED?????????

I am totally shocked to discover that my post was deleted.
WHO HAS THE AUTHORITY TO DO THIS?????????
I believed this forum to be informative and useful but I truley believe that after this gesture it to be garbage. I can not believe what can by done, it makes me wonder how much of this forum is true.
There is so much information exchanged....positive and negative....in whose interest is it to cancel the true information and leave behind all the rubbish.

REGARDS STILLO

FAO: Sigg.Stillo
Dear Mr Verdiglione,

apologize for this whole situation.

Yours in contempt

Stillo, what about my apartment??
I look forward to receiving your comments..

Last edited by britishbuyer on February 4th, 2010, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 3:41 pm 

We were persuaded to purchase like many other buyer of apartments on Vista Montagna, by Italian Connection. Their glossy brochures and there reputation. Also being owned by a British Plc, Medsea. They introduced G&L as a London based Italian law firm operating under the umbrella of the English Law Society. Nothing could have felt safer.
We were blissfully unaware of the fact that G&L were not in fact acting in our best interest, that our preliminary contracts were biased in favour of the vendor. Even stipulating which Notary we were to use. This didn't ring alarm bells with us because we believed our best interests were being protected by our lawyer. How wrong were we!
Delay followed delay dates for completion came and went. The builder was clearly in breach of contract. However bringing him to the table for negotiation was proving very difficult.
It transpired that the English versions of our Preliminary Contracts read differently to our Italian (legally accepted copy), excluding features that we all believed to be fully inclusive in the deal. Worse than that our 1st tranche of monies were paid over to the buyer's agents by G&L without the appropriate and legal requirement of a Bank Loan Guarantee. These monies or large sums of them never we are told reached the builder. The building company VBD were a very limited liability company which could have folded leaving us all with large loses.
We concluded that there were basically only 2 alternatives to litigate or negotiate.

We at this point disengaged G&L and enlisted the help of Detullio Law Firm.

Avv DeTullio was able to open up negotiation with the builder to which has ultimately led to us and about 14 others completing the legal purchase of our apartment with the help of a Notary of our choosing. A further contingent of buyers will also be shepherded this week by Avv Detullio through the completion process. With more to follow.
All this has been accomplished by Avv DeTullio efficiently and effectively. He never excluded the possibility of litigation and advised if we were not entirely happy that was a route we could take. However experience of trading in Italy for over 30 years told me that this was a costly and lengthy process with no guarantee, even though clearly in the right, of success. We were dealing with a company that could have folded as soon as litigation got tough, leaving us with nothing.
However due to DeTullio’s sensible and pragmatic approach to finding a solution we can now look forward to some halcyon days in Calabria.

He has negotiated a sensible amount of the purchase price to be retained by us to ensure that any work not completed by the builder could be completed by ourselves. However having now met with the builder and had lengthy discussions with him I am sure that all will now be completed expeditiously.

I have read many negative comments regarding this development, had emails questioning my comments, however I report only on the truths I know to be self evident not malicious gossip.

I and 14 other that have completed recently would like to go on record to confirm our deep appreciation of Avv DeTullio who exceeded our expectations and could not have done more to bring this matter for us at least to a happy ending.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 5:09 pm 

welcome to the Forum NEW USER!

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2010, 5:16 pm 

Steve

I am encouraged by your comments about de Tullio as I have also disengaged G&L and employed Detullio (at Pizzo Beach).

Report this post
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 1:37 am 

britishbuyer wrote:
stillo wrote:

still waiting

Report this post
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 9:47 am 

Hi Eviegardener

You can rest assured that your affair rest in good hands if you represented DeTullio Law Firm

Report this post
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2010, 12:59 pm 

Dear british buyer

I am writing in relation to your phrase “….I would express my personal opinion: one of the Law Firms you mentioned is a Company based in the same Building of Bella Calabria. In this building was also based Italian Connection and G&L – I avoid comment”

I cannot understand what you are implying with the circumstance that our office is located in the same building of Bella Calabria, in the past also Italian Connection and Giambrone & Law.

We are an independent and reputable law firm, that always acts with integrity and in the best interest of each client, providing a good standard of service, not to allow our independence to be compromised, not to behave in a way that is likely to diminish the trust in us or our profession.

Our correspondent solicitor in UK is the lawyer of trust of the Consulate General of Italy in London.

I would like to inform you that in December we have lodged a bankruptcy petition against Italian Connection - the first hearing will be on the 22nd of February- and we already started legal actions against Vendor and Builders in different developments in Calabria to safeguard interests of our clients.

I can also confirm that we are actually assisting one buyer in Vista Montagna to recover back his deposit from the Vendor.

As you can clearly see we act in good faith and genuinely assist all our clients.

Yours sincerely

Avv. Jolanda Ferrigno
VFL & Partners International Law Firm
Palazzo Cappelleri, Via Cappelleri s.n.c. 89047
Roccella Jonica (RC) Italy
jolanda@vfllawyers.co.uk
www.vfllawyers.co.uk

Report this post
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2010, 6:03 pm 

VFLLawyers wrote:

Our correspondent solicitor in UK is the lawyer of trust of the Consulate General of Italy in London.

I would like to inform you that in December we have lodged a bankruptcy petition against Italian Connection - the first hearing will be on the 22nd of February- and we already started legal actions against Vendor and Builders in different developments in Calabria to safeguard interests of our clients.

Hi Jolanda,

Can you tell me who your correspondent solicitor is in the UK please.

Are you in a position to reveal which "Italian Connection" you are lodging a bankruptcy petition against and on what grounds:

Italian Connection SL
Italian Connection SRL
Italian Connection Properties SL
Italian Connection Properties SRL

or if there another one or two I have no knowledge of?

Report this post
PostPosted: February 4th, 2010, 5:08 pm 

I have read the current posts with interest,I and three others are currently suing G/L to have our deposits refunded,the solicicitor we are using has ageed to divide the costs of this legal action between the total amount of clients involved in the same dispute making it considerably cheaper for all,the development is Bella Vista 2,if anyone wants to join us please let me know and I will forward details.

Last edited by BettyBlue on March 6th, 2010, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 5th, 2010, 1:58 pm 

Park1,
Thank you for pm but I cannot get the pm to work for me.
I will be watching your case and its progress, I will certainly take onboard your advice,the best of luck

Report this post
PostPosted: February 25th, 2010, 1:01 am 

Park1 wrote:

It has taken me a total of 6 months to obtain a seizure order for double my deposit, plus costs, totalling 136,000 euros. Presently, the outcome of my litigation looks extremely positive.

In my opinion, whilst the strategy of waiting or negotiating with the builders may or may not be working, court action certainly is, and this legal practice is delivering results.

Thanks!

a seizure order against the builder has been obteined also for my case!!!
:D

Report this post
PostPosted: September 29th, 2010, 3:50 pm 

Hello,

I am not sure where to post this information for the best as I have not been on the forum for a long time now. However that's great news for Park. This week we have also been finally successful in recovering our money direct from Bella Calabria . It has been done without court action however which we decided against this because of costs and possibility of courts being corrupt etc. but has been achieved thanks to patient negotiation between our lawyer and theirs. Obviously we have not got back double our money or our fees or lost interest but we are happy to have got our money back (30.000e)and its actually in our bank - plus a token 500e for the several years of inconvenience ! Our solicitor does not want his name mentioned and does not unfortunately want to take on any more cases against BC....I can't say I blame him ! But positing Just to give further hope to everyone .

We have also started our criminal action in Spain against Tony Gatehouse recently. We didn't ever sign a contract or agreement of any sort hence ours is a criminal action. We have a further chance here to recover our Italian legal fees and our lost interest in Italy as Medsea should never have transferred our money so we will see. I will post again when we have the final outcome.

As our case in Italy would also have been a criminal case I do intend to contact the British Consul just to make them aware of our case for the record.

Good luck to all.It is a huge relief to have completed this stage at least ! Now to Spain !

Park1 wrote:

Report this post
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2010, 7:56 pm 

That is great news and thank you for sharing it.

There may be justice after all, for those that persevere.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 4:17 pm 

Has anyone got any news about Italian Connection? I have had the horrible experience of buying from both VFI and Italian Connection! Trying to get money back for Bella Vista 2 but there appears to be no sight of the elusive Mr Gatehouse anywhere!!!

Report this post
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 7:35 pm 

I have in the last 5 days received a legal letter from G&L threatening legal action if i do not pay their final legal bill. Now the story goes, i dis-instructed G&L and instructed another legal team to finalise and complete my property along with many others and we were sucessfull and now are 1 year in completion.I reported G&L to the uk law society and i was compensentated for my stress and delay and incompetence of G&L.
Do i answer this letter or simply ignore it, especially after their insurance company actually issuing me with a small compensation cheque.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 9:52 pm 

hi jamiebaby

IC went bankrupt about two years ago Mr Gatehouse is in Spain apparently. somewhere on here his name and address was posted but you would have to go through the sections to find it.

found this scrolling down about vfi was posted a yearago though but the number may stillwork

FI expanding….
VFI are committed to promoting and constructing seventeen five start resorts in Southern Italy-Calabria, nine of which have been completed with many satisfied clients moving in and enjoying their new holiday homes.
One only has to look at what these two individuals along with the team at VFI have achieved in Southern Italy in such a short period. Is it any wonder they have decided to build on their success and expand.
After much research and request from our clients and worldwide network of agents, Antonio and Harry have decided to expand to new regions to include the beautiful Amalfi Coast and possibly Lake Como and Lake Garda and other regions are also on the drawing board for the future. For further information please contact us on :
00 353 21 2427641
Put Baia Di Nettuno

hope it helps Diane

Report this post
PostPosted: February 4th, 2011, 9:31 am 

iloveitaly can you please advise if the demand for final payment for legal fees was issued by G&L or their solictors if it is latter is it an Italian solictor or one based in England.

With regard to what you should do maybe the caseworker at the LCS will be able to give you advice.

Barnpot

Report this post
PostPosted: February 4th, 2011, 12:07 pm 

Hi Barnpot
I received the letter from G&L Studio Legal International Palermo.
I cannot remember even the email address of the contact who actually handled my case with the uk law society and i have no documentation either believe it or not. I have scanned the letter and forwarded it a few days ago to
enquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk for their advice but i have had no reply as of yet.
Nobody likes to receive letters of this kind especially when it should be well closed at this stage in time . I want to stop this now for good and forever blot their name from my memory

Report this post
PostPosted: February 4th, 2011, 1:22 pm 

As a general rule you should keep a file on the purchase and sale of a house for a few years after purchasing just to be on the safe side, as law suits do raise their ugly heads for a long time afterwards. When you come to sell the priperty you will often find you have queries asked that you also did on the purchase and you have the answer to hand. I have just got rid of our sale details for a house in 1990! likewise for legal battles in case there is an appeal.
the IR query the large cheque going thru your account 6 years ago. it helps to have documentary evidence to hand. not much good at the moment thou if you have destroyed the hard copy, is it on the hard drive of your computer by any chance, see if you can make up a file from tha?

Report this post
PostPosted: February 4th, 2011, 2:14 pm 

iloveitaly

Thanks for the quick reply, my reason for asking is I am expecting to conclude my own complaint with the LCS and it act as a warning.

Barnpot

Report this post
PostPosted: February 4th, 2011, 6:07 pm 

Barnpot/Ionian
You might have mis-understood me, the only info i have mislaid unfortunatly is the name and contact email address of the agent within the uk law society or complaints dept who handled my complaint.
In fact most of it was conducted over the phone and via a computer which i used from work and a work email address which is now also not available to me unfortunatly.
Thank god i have every communication and legal document in relation to my completion and from G&L over the last 3 or 4 years, which in their case i sincerely would like to burn in a bon-fire but i know i must hold on to them.
Apart from contacting my solicitor is there anyone else who can help me with regard to this, what does LCS stand for by the way and do u think the uk legal ombudsman will be of help to me.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 4th, 2011, 8:38 pm 

iloveitaly

The LCS stands for the Legal Complaints Service, who I would have thought handled your compliant. Legal ombudsman has taken over responsibility for complaints from the LCS, but the LCS is still handling exsisting cases until the end of March.

I did have one other thought (but of course I may be completely wrong about this) as Giambrone and Law ILP has been wound up HMRC and your initial instruction was with them and not G&L Studio Legal International Palermo HMRC may be interested in this.

But just to reiterate the fact it is only a thought and may not be factual

Barnpot

Report this post
PostPosted: February 4th, 2011, 10:34 pm 

Glad you have the file. I wld Npt worry too much you did not instruct the Italian lawyers?

Report this post
PostPosted: February 24th, 2011, 10:35 pm 

Hi Would anyone recommend a solicitor for recovering our 30.000 euros deposit for Bella Vista 2?

Report this post