A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: VFI closedown in dublin
PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 11:12 am 

VFI have closed down in dublin surprise surprise, walked past their office in dawson street today to be told they were gone.

Had a look at their website the intro states they are "the largest property developer in Italy" Amazing they still say this to the public but when they developments go belly up they claim they are only "promoters" which we all know that they are.
Still trying to blatantly con people saying they are developers, its beyond belief. How do they get away with it?

Report this post
PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 3:01 pm 
The Dublin office was according to their website their Head office,the question now is will the other offices follow suit,and will you see a name change and the opening of another company under a different guise?.

Report this post

PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 5:06 pm 
Nobody in the London office either. Oh dear....

Report this post

PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 6:17 pm 

I have also heard that VFI no longer operate from their offices in Italy and Tunisia

Report this post
PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 7:00 pm 

Don't know about Tunisia, but Italy is definitely open - I just had a reply 20 minutes ago to an email I sent 1 hour ago!

Report this post
PostPosted: January 13th, 2010, 5:56 pm 

OFFICES AND NEW LOCATIONS 2010:
VFI are rapidly expanding to other regions and as a result are re-structuring, opening new offices and re-locating existing offices. At present we are in the process of re-locating our Dublin office. Due to the re-location of this office we have been experiencing technical problems with our phone system which we hope will be rectified very soon. For all updates go direct to VFI website and for further information irish clients please contact VFI Overseas Property on tel 00 353 21 2427641 Email: ublinoffice@vfioverseasproperty.com

Report this post
PostPosted: June 15th, 2010, 9:16 pm 

I have had serious problems with VFI. They never respond, they never issued receipts.. they have done nothing to assist us.. now the development is late but we are still were we were 2 years ago with them!

Report this post
PostPosted: June 21st, 2010, 10:19 pm 

jackandjill wrote:
I have had serious problems with VFI. They never respond, they never issued receipts.. they have done nothing to assist us.. now the development is late but we are still were we were 2 years ago with them!

I am so skeptical upon reading all the quotes that it sounds like at least 90% of all the property purchasers have not enjoyed a good experiance. And the problems people are having with their Lawyers? I would hope that all the investores Of Pizzo Beach Club Resort will be able to meet and select a commitee and one Lawyers Firm to represent us as a whole. Some of the situations are more shady than the palm trees. ?????

Report this post
PostPosted: September 24th, 2011, 2:37 pm 

We were contacted by an agent from a company called VFI overseas property owned by a Harry Fitsimons and Antonio velardo which we met at property exhibition in Sweden featuring property in Calabria Italy over a year ago. We later find they were selling apartments with no building permits and sold furniture based on unit. The apartments are past deadline and still not finished and right now, we cannot get refund for furniture because they refuse to speak to clients. Even vfi office in sweden does not answer. I think the company has closed down and is now operating under a new name (*) according to some local italian i spoke to at a coffee shop in front of their previous vibo valentia office. I was able to get a contact number from vibo valentia VFI office last year and tried ringing one of the owner Harry Fitsimons but there was no answer. Someone told me that the (*) office is still located in Vibo Valentia town main street and that their finance side is an office called sud consulting. But we are not getting a clear answer from anybody. Please can someone help us find the owners of VFI Overseas Property Italy. We want a refund of our unbuilt apartment and feel we have been conned.

Vi blev kontaktade av en agent från ett företag som heter VFI utomeuropeiska egendom som ägs av en Harry Fitsimons och Antonio velardo som vi träffade på fastigheten utställning i Sverige med fastigheter i Kalabrien Italien under ett år sedan. Vi finner senare var de säljer lägenheter utan bygglov och sålde möbler baserade på enheten. Lägenheterna är förbi deadline och fortfarande inte färdig och just nu kan vi inte få återbetalning för möbler eftersom de vägrar att tala med kunder. Även VFI kontor i Sverige svarar inte. Jag tror att företaget har stängt ner och nu verkar under ett nytt namn (*) enligt vissa lokala italienska talade jag med på ett kafé framför sina tidigare Vibo Valentia kontor. Jag kunde få en kontakt nummer från Vibo Valentia (*) förra året och försökte ringa en av ägaren Harry Fitsimons men fick inget svar. Någon berättade för mig att (*) kontoret fortfarande ligger i Vibo Valentia stan huvudgata och att deras finanser sidan är ett kontor som kallas sud konsulttjänster. Men vi inte får ett klart svar av någon. Snälla, kan någon hjälpa oss att hitta ägarna till VFI Overseas Property Italien. Vi vill ha en återbetalning av våra obebyggda lägenhet och känner att vi har varit lurade.

Last edited by jonstenk2 on October 18th, 2011, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Removed factually incorrect information at (*).

Report this post
PostPosted: September 24th, 2011, 9:52 pm 

Carol Herriot from VFI has an office now at Pizzo Beach Club which is surprising when there are so many owners there who have been messed about with poor quality or incomplete furniture packages.

Report this post