A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Giambrone law
PostPosted: August 27th, 2010, 5:28 pm 

We also had the unfortunate experience of initially retaining Giambrone Law as our "impartial and professional" (ha-ha!) lawyers. They of course came highly recommended by VFI and MASA International and in the early days we had no reason to doubt their independence or their integrity!

As a direct result of their lies and incompetence (not helped by AIPP's apparent lack of teeth) we are out of pocket to the tune of many thousands of euros. We now have a new Italian lawyer who we are very satisfied with.

We would be more than happy to provide fully documented evidence of Giambrone's unprofessional and dishonest conduct should legal action be taken against any of the bona fide members of this forum.

Glider.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 27th, 2010, 11:00 pm 

Thanks to Lavender and the founders of the Forum a good many of us would be verging on nervous breakdowns were it not for the help and advice that has been posted over the last 3 years since I have been a member.

Without the support of both, with their numerous posts offering detailed and factual advice, the dream of our own place in the sun would have soon shattered.

Like "Glider" I will also be happy to provide the necessary evidence of incompetence if required.

Pogson

Report this post
PostPosted: August 28th, 2010, 11:52 am 

pogson wrote:
Thanks to Lavender and the founders of the Forum a good many of us would be verging on nervous breakdowns were it not for the help and advice that has been posted over the last 3 years since I have been a member.

Unfortunately Pogson a few people have already had them as I advised Mr Enoch and I am of the opinion there will be a few more somewhere along the line if what I am being told is correct :(

Report this post
PostPosted: August 28th, 2010, 12:15 pm 

Ionian wrote:
I missed the This morning breakfast show interview when did that happen.

19th May 2009. The AIPP didnt appreciate the cc'ing of all my emails to the producers of the "This Morning" programme and decided they would hear my complaints after all. Interesting to note that Ms Harman or indeed her boss did not want to give a qualitative response when asked their opinion "why" you should never use a solicitor recommended by the estate agent.

The AIPP certainly didnt want to give their opinion either which I found quite strange given they have appointed themselves as the industry body and the industry voice.

Some interesting articles published by Sebastian O'Kelly recently

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/art ... itors.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/property/art ... awyer.html

The SRA appear also to be having problems addressing the issue of "conflict of interest" at this delicate time (chapter 3)

http://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/freedo ... -code.page

Report this post
PostPosted: August 29th, 2010, 11:01 am 

Just read this latest updates.

DONSTENK- please feel free to contact me via this site if in any way I can assist you with paperwork relating to the liar who is Giambrone outlaw. I was one of the first one or two to get our deposit back and can provide loads of info proving GG is a liar. By that I mean he tells lies lies and more lies.

If this new solicitor he is using is reading this then please feel free to issue any libel actions against me. I know with complete certainty that given my day in court with this bunch of clowns I'll embarass you and GG to such an extent you'll kick yourself for ever getting involved.

Best of luck to anyone still dealing with this crook. Thanks for the update sportmo

Report this post
PostPosted: November 16th, 2010, 3:14 pm 

Can i thank this website and all those who continue to expose the dreadful Giambrone and his gang. They have hurt so many people and embezzeled so much money that the anger will continue for deacades. Lets hope that one day the full might of justice will bear down on them. If they think 2011 or 2012 otr beyond will bring them respite they are mistaken.

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: GIAMBRONE & LAW
PostPosted: December 21st, 2010, 4:21 pm 

Has anyone else received seasons greeting via email from Mr Giambrone!!!! also giving me the glad tidings of his new page on facebook?

Report this post
PostPosted: December 21st, 2010, 5:48 pm 

Yes nice friendly greetings but I think I'll give the facebook page a miss!

Report this post
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2010, 8:49 am 

I have just received the first communication from the forum's favorite legal company for approximately 18 months. No it was not about the property, it was a seasons greetings to their valued customers. As usual they clearly show how well informed they are as I dispensed with their truly wonderful and attentive service 18 months ago.

Report this post
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2010, 8:53 am 

Sorry Evie I did not see your post otherwise I would have replied to your one. I can understand that they now have a Facebook page because they have such cheek, but by my understanding of geography and antomy the aforesaid cheek is much further south and postioned at the rear

Barnpot

Report this post
PostPosted: December 22nd, 2010, 4:08 pm 

The “Merry Christmas” email from Giambrone & Co has given me cause to re-read the comprehensive mauling of Giambrone and their respective legal representation by “Lavender”, earlier on this thread. As I was enjoying myself so much, I also took a look at the “Little Sh*t” fax sent to Incalabria – absolute genius!

http://www.incalabria.com/docs/faxjnQ3Z0.pdf

Almost as funny as the notion of taking legal advice from a Facebook page of a firm where the senior partner is being prosecuted by the SRA. Ho-ho-ho!

Report this post
PostPosted: December 25th, 2010, 8:44 am 

I know Christmas can be full of surprises, but to receive two emails from G&L in the space of three days is astounding. As another legal adviser said when I spoke to him they have always been good at PR it's shame they are not so good at delivery.

We all know Santa exisits, but I pose the question is a successful and timely completion by the aforesaid company a fairy story??

Have a good Christmas & I hope all those yet to reach a conclusion with there property or dispute let 2011 bring you the closure you deserve

Barnpot

Report this post
PostPosted: January 13th, 2011, 4:20 pm 

barnpot wrote:
I know Christmas can be full of surprises, but to receive two emails from G&L in the space of three days is astounding. As another legal adviser said when I spoke to him they have always been good at PR it's shame they are not so good at delivery.

We all know Santa exisits, but I pose the question is a successful and timely completion by the aforesaid company a fairy story??

Have a good Christmas & I hope all those yet to reach a conclusion with there property or dispute let 2011 bring you the closure you deserve

Barnpot

Has all gone quiet with the SRA?

Report this post
PostPosted: January 13th, 2011, 4:24 pm 

What exactly is happening with Gabriele Giambrone have the SRA given up?

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 2:16 pm 

In May 2009, Barclays Bank registered a charge against Giambrone Law LLP:

The charge reads:

"All monies and liabilities now or in the future due, owing or incurred (before or after demand) by the Chargor (Giambrone Law LLP) to the Bank in any manner. This applies whether the money and liabililties are due, owing or incurred actually or contingently, whether by the Chargor alone or by the Chargor jointly with any other person; whether the Chargor is a principle or a surety, and includes any liability (secured or unsecured) of the Chargor to a third party which subsequently becomes payable to the Bank by assignment or otherwise"

More seriously for the former directors of Giambrone Law LLP who now operate from Giambrone Law ILP (which does not appear on the face of it to be a registered company), was the petition to wind up Giambrone Law LLP which was issued by HMRC

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/ ... mbrone+law

The winding up order was issued in January 2011

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/ ... mbrone+law

(Companies House records show Brendan Dine's appointment as LLP member was terminated on 15th December 2010, just prior to the winding up order being issued which gives the appearance that this was a deliberate move to avoid any personal liability)

It would therefore seem that Mr Gabriele Giambrone and the former partners of Giambrone Law LLP have many concerns aside from the disciplinary actions being taken by the Italian Bar in Palermo and the Solicitors Regulation Authority in London.

Those instructing "Giambrone Law ILP" may wish to consider seeking alternative legal representation in view of the current regulatory and financial position of the managing partner Mr Gabriele Giambrone and his associates who were former partners of Giambrone Law LLP or if your instructions with either firm have come to an end, you may wish to retrieve any legal documents i.e. title deeds that Mr Giambrone may be holding on your behalf.

I would not recommend handing over any further monies to this firm by way of advance fees and certainly not any completion monies

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 2:29 pm 

A "Directions" hearing has been set for 23rd March 2011 at the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007 ... 588_en.pdf

(see section 11)

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 5:05 pm 

I was just looking at there website,The Hatton Garden office still appears on there website, they must not have got round to that yet and it looks like they have more people than ever working for them.
Its a funny old world.

http://www.giambronelaw.co.uk/

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2011, 5:54 pm 

He's still being prosecuted at the SRA according to their website:

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicit ... ref=search

Report this post
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2011, 1:55 am 

The Hatton Garden address also houses the London office of the Giambrone Law ILP and I think at one time Giambrone Ltd. Brendan Dine must have got really confused changing his hats when he worked for all three.

I think window dressing is probably the best way to describe the Giambrone website Matthew.

Funny old world for Mr Giambrone I have no doubt....

Report this post
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2011, 10:08 am 

Is this just a major coincdence there is compay whose website is www.Giambrone.co.uk who have the tag line The International Property Consultants, who features property in Italy and Turkey. Of course I am not making any allegations that they are related.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 13th, 2011, 9:54 am 

Hi Barnpot

Giambrone Limited use this website for the real estate operation and yes they are related to Giambrone & Law who registered the domain name in July 2007. Companies House records show Brendan Dine is the sole director.

Attachments:
Giambrone-Ltd-CH-Filing-His.jpg
Giambrone-Ltd-CH-Filing-His.jpg [ 67.28 KiB | Viewed 8635 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: February 13th, 2011, 10:09 am 

The government produces a guide which sets out how to wind up a company. It contains information about what happens after a company goes into compulsory liquidation and the duties of the directors during the proceedings and can be found at http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/guida ... ompany.pdf

It states

Compulsory winding-up is a legal process by which a liquidator is appointed by order of the court to 'wind up' the affairs of a limited company. At the end of the process the company ceases toexist. Winding up does not mean that the creditors of the company will necessarily get paid. The purpose of winding up a company is to ensure that all the company's affairs have been dealt with properly.

This involves:

• ensuring all company contracts (including employee contracts) are completed, transferred or otherwise brought to an end;
• ceasing the company's business;
• settling any legal disputes;
• selling any assets;
• collecting in money owed to the company; and
• distributing any funds to creditors and returning share capital to the shareholders (any surplus after repayment of all debts and share capital can be distributed to shareholders).

The official receiver has a duty:

as official receiver...to investigate the affairs of the company and to establish the cause of its failure (by obtaining information from the directors of the company and from third parties, such as the company's bankers, accountants and solicitors)

as liquidator...to collect and realise all assets and pay all creditors.

In compulsory liquidation proceedings, the company's directors must:

• provide information about the company's affairs to the official receiver, probably initially over the telephone, but later at a formal interview at the official receiver's office;
• provide information about the company's affairs to any insolvency practitioner who is appointed liquidator of the company, and attend for interview when reasonably required; and
• look after and hand over the company's assets to the liquidator or official receiver, together with all its books, records, bank statements, insurance policies and other papers relating to its assets and debts.

If you are taking legal action against Giambrone Law LLP you should advise your solicitor that the company has been wound up by HM Revenue & Customs

Report this post
PostPosted: February 13th, 2011, 10:51 am 

Also may I add that if you are some one like me, where G&L were mandated by the adjudicator to pay back my fees and they have not, you should notify the administrators of the winding up order and put your name on the list... doubt you will get any money unless they are able to find the money that the builders are saying they never received appears! but it at least give them scope to see how big the real debts are.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 13th, 2011, 11:22 am 

Ted wrote:
I think window dressing is probably the best way to describe the Giambrone website Matthew.

Is this an opinion or do you have evidence to support this statement? If you do you can complain to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) who from the 1st March take on new powers to regulate commercial websites. The ASA will be able to examine any statement on a company's website which could be interpreted as marketing, even if it is not a paid-for advert and will have the power to investigate complaints about misleading information.

Go to http://www.asa.org.uk/ for further information.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 13th, 2011, 11:34 am 

sunflower wrote:
doubt you will get any money unless they are able to find the money that the builders are saying they never received appears!

Indeed, and this is a very important point for those who found their money disappeared into a big black hole in either Spain or Italy because the liquidator, with the assistance of the Spanish and Italian authorities, should be able to find it.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 13th, 2011, 12:10 pm 

We are due to complete in April (Aumsa) and are currently still with GL,,
Any help and advice would be great please from anyone who has successfully completed with GL if anybody has?????

what are the main things to look out for when signing

thanks

Report this post
PostPosted: February 13th, 2011, 12:46 pm 

That your lawyer conducted the due diligence properly and so has the notary.

We already know from some of Avv De Tullio's posts that there have been problems with the notary's in Calabria to the extent that I believe he started using notaries from out of the area.

Employ your own independent notary and pay any completion monies to them. Get in touch with the British Embassy, they will have a list.

You should take this opportunity to get a copy of the due diligence that Giambrone Law conducted on your behalf and the documents they referred to in order to advise you to sign the preliminary contract.

Ask them to provide a copy of their professional negligence insurance if you are giving them a power of attorney and have this checked by an independent lawyer.

Ensure you know exactly what you are being charged for and get receipts from everyone and detailed invoices for everything.

Its not really about whether you can complete successfully, anyone can go down and sign on the dotted line, its about making sure that you look after your own interests.

I'd be interested in understanding why you and so many others are still instructing Giambrone Law given the Solicitors Regulation Authority in London consider that Mr Giambrone is likely to put your interests at risk?

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicit ... ref=search

Report this post
PostPosted: February 13th, 2011, 1:11 pm 

barnpot wrote:
As another legal adviser said when I spoke to him they have always been good at PR it's shame they are not so good at delivery.
Barnpot

If your legal adviser thinks that its good PR for Giambrone Law to send out Christmas cards to people who have lodged complaints or even taken legal action against the firm then your legal adviser needs to go on a marketing course!! Apparently people were ringing the Legal Complaints Service, blood boiling.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 13th, 2011, 3:50 pm 

matthew wrote:
I was just looking at there website,The Hatton Garden office still appears on there website, they must not have got round to that yet and it looks like they have more people than ever working for them.

Ted wrote:
The Hatton Garden address also houses the London office of the Giambrone Law ILP

That is the address of the London office of Giambrone Limited, not Giambrone Law ILP note that it only says "Giambrone" and not "Giambrone Law ILP"

Report this post
PostPosted: February 15th, 2011, 1:51 pm 

luca123 wrote:
We are due to complete in April (Aumsa) and are currently still with GL,,
Any help and advice would be great please from anyone who has successfully completed with GL if anybody has?????

what are the main things to look out for when signing

thanks

Hi Luca, I completed on a few flats with Gaimbrone without problems, I am quite new to this site and am shocked by the level of unhappiness with them. I can only speak from my own experience and I was happy overall. I nearly bought in Amusa (I hear that is late as well as a lot of the others), hope it goes well for you.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2011, 10:10 am 

EDCameron wrote:
I am quite new to this site and am shocked by the level of unhappiness with them

Shocking indeed, perhaps now you understand the level of unhappiness you might like to go and update the thread on Eye on Worldwide where you appear to be promoting their services and point any buyers of property in Calabria in this direction?

Report this post
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2011, 10:49 am 

Well Lavender, as i said in my reply to the other post i dont really want to get into this thing about gaimbrone but i am entitled to my opinion as you are. i now own seven properties in calabria and they went through without a problem. how many do you own?

Unfortunately, we like many other dont own anything anymore or probably never did, because of the antics of a certain law firm that also seem to have "mislaid" the deposit as well.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 8:53 pm 

EdCameron
Please do not suggest that any new buyers engage the services of G and L
There are few buyers nowadays thanks to them.
You are buying in Genova too... how interesting!
I think that you are Ian Buchanan in disguise.

If I am wrong please tell us about the seven properties that you have bought in Calabria, may I correct your grammar? countries, areas , towns etc.. all start with a capital letter. Calabria not calabria.

Please list these seven properties and those of us who doubt you can check on them and then maybe we will believe a word you say.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 4th, 2011, 1:21 pm 

Hi Mags, My instincts match yours. It is interesting that Edcameron is intent on praising you know who, and yet apparently, having had no personal experience with MRI, he is complaining about them for an apparent problem a friend had (see Mri blogs) Double standards or what, pot and kettle spring to mind.
I have been awarded a substantial sum by Giambrone's insurance company This would not have happened if there were no reason. Anyone who has not had a problem has been very lucky, but to give credit where it is due this company has managed to cause greif to hundreds of people like me who employed an independant professional to give us peace of mind!!!!
I await with interest the outcome of the more serious charges against this man, and hope he gets credited with all the misery he caused.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 5th, 2011, 10:13 am 

Edcameron is advertising apartments for rent at Pizzo Beach under an active recent topic on this forum in the last week. There is an e-mail address provided.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 15th, 2011, 6:51 pm 

A certain defamation sabre rattling Italian lawyer may be dismayed this afternoon as the Ministry of Justice has published the draft of the Defamation Bill which allows the press to make "honest" comments about people and "statement of fact" like "...a 40€ deposit was passed to the lawyer and now it is untraceable..." and "...the lawyer stated that the due diligence enquiries included the fact that planning permission had been granted but in fact it had not..."

Report this post
PostPosted: March 16th, 2011, 11:21 pm 

Can you expand on this?

Report this post
PostPosted: March 17th, 2011, 9:40 am 

LegalEye wrote:
A certain defamation sabre rattling Italian lawyer may be dismayed this afternoon as the Ministry of Justice has published the draft of the Defamation Bill which allows the press to make "honest" comments about people and "statement of fact"....

And so might a certain defamation sabre rattling Italian lawyer's legal representatives!

I particularly like Nick Clegg's statement a few days ago that "we cannot continue to tolerate a culture in which scientists, journalists and bloggers are afraid to tackle issues of public importance for fear of being sued."

Its not just the press that will be protected but individuals too. I cant imagine for a minute that the Ministry of Justice were very impressed by dodgy Italian lawyers threatening their citizens!!

The government are intending to introduce a new statutory defence of responsible publication on matters of public interest.

As a result of its publication, some of the contents of the letter that MR Giambrone sent to Dennis are now matters of "public interest" and it continues to protect this valuable forum and all of its members (http://www.incalabria.com/docs/faxjnQ3Z0.pdf)

Report this post
PostPosted: March 17th, 2011, 6:21 pm 

I opened the letter that was sent to Dennis.
Noted that my post name was mentioned along with others, including yourself Lavender.
Should I be worrying?
Or should I be outraged that the little .... has demanded to know my identity?
I had not realised that Dennis had received such a letter and bravo to him for keeping this forum going despite all the threats.
mags

Report this post
PostPosted: March 18th, 2011, 9:50 am 

Is anybody going to the directions hearing at the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal for Gabriele Giambrone and his two other ex-partners next week on 23rd March.

Obviously this is only a directions hearing - it will mainly decide what evidence is admissable, set the rules and presumably the date of the main hearing.

It is my understanding that all these hearings are open to the public - Justice must be done and be seen to be done - It would be great for the forum to have a timely report on the evening of 23rd March. Below is from the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal Website

Attachment:
Giambrone.JPG
Giambrone.JPG [ 29.72 KiB | Viewed 8977 times ]

Report this post
PostPosted: March 18th, 2011, 12:47 pm 

Where is it? I would love to go - just to say "hi!"

Report this post
PostPosted: March 18th, 2011, 3:30 pm 

From the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal website...................

Court Rooms:

3rd Floor, Gate House
1 Farringdon Street
London EC4M 7LG

Tel: (020) 7329 4808
Fax: (020) 7329 4833
e-mail: enquiries@solicitorsdt.com

Report this post
PostPosted: March 18th, 2011, 5:01 pm 

sorry not in London that day. other than seeing who turns up not really interesting at Directions hearings, will be directions as to production of files etc., and seeing whether the matter can proceed to a full hearing.
10 to 15 mins I expect.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 18th, 2011, 8:54 pm 

CalabriaBuyer wrote:
Is anybody going to the directions hearing at the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal for Gabriele Giambrone and his two other ex-partners next week on 23rd March.

Obviously this is only a directions hearing - it will mainly decide what evidence is admissable, set the rules and presumably the date of the main hearing.

It is my understanding that all these hearings are open to the public - Justice must be done and be seen to be done - It would be great for the forum to have a timely report on the evening of 23rd March. Below is from the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal Website

Attachment:
Giambrone.JPG

What time is this taking place?

Report this post
PostPosted: March 18th, 2011, 10:27 pm 

http://www.solicitorstribunal.org.uk/23_03_11List1.pdf

DATE OF HEARING: WEDNESDAY 23rd MARCH 2011 at 10.00 a.m.

There are 3 different hearings before this Tribunal. It is normal for Directions hearings to take place before any substantive hearings and so I presume sometime between 10am and 11am.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 25th, 2011, 10:14 am 

Any news on the hearing?

Report this post
PostPosted: March 26th, 2011, 11:01 am 

I had forgotten about this

Report this post
PostPosted: March 26th, 2011, 9:38 pm 

Hi all,
Since large numbers of JOTS , buyers are still instructing Mr Giambrone,I wonder whether they could provide an update on the hearing ?
Thanking you

Report this post
PostPosted: March 27th, 2011, 12:48 pm 

I for one would be interested to see whether Mr Giambrone tells the JOTS buyers truth! Any JOTS buyer not wishing to publish on this forum for fear of identifying themselves can contact me by PM.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 29th, 2011, 11:53 am 

Has anyone heard how the solicitors tribunal hearing on 23-3-2011 went ?
I have looked in papers and on the forum but can find no news

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 800 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next