A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

To contribute to the News section add a post below.

PostPosted: March 21st, 2012, 11:21 pm 

Calabria News

IANAA (I am not an account) but according to the Italian Consumers Association since 2011, Italian tax residents have to declare any income from rental income and pay a flat-rate 19% tax rate instead of adding it to your income as previously (and pay up to 42%). This is applicable only to private owners who don't have an Italian VAT number (Partita IVA). You will probably need the expert advice from an Italian tax consultant to submit the Italian tax return correctly. Here is the text:

"L’agevolazione prevista per la cedolare secca infatti è destinata solo alle persone fisiche titolari di immobili che affittano e percepiscono canoni che potranno scontare una imposta minore e pari al 21% e che scenderà al 19% nel caso di case ed appartamenti locati a canone convenzionale concordato e situate nei comuni individuati dal Dl 551/1998, all’articolo 1, lettera a e b) (bassa densità abitativa) e in quelli ad alta tensione abitativa. Rientrano anche i cosiddetti gli affitti stagionali o case vacanze ossia contratti di affitto di durata inferiore ai 30 giorni e che potranno godere della cedolare secca a partire dal 2011."

I would expect that by declaring any occasional rental income from a second home in the country where you are tax resident you would also be complying if there is double taxation treaty - which is the case between UK and Italy, see http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxtreaties/in-f ... ly-dtc.pdf. Italian income tax (IRPEF) is covered, and the flatrate is an optional substitution to IRPEF. Here is the text: Quote: "L’agevolazione prevista per la cedolare secca infatti è destinata solo alle persone fisiche titolari di immobili che affittano e percepiscono canoni che potranno scontare una imposta minore e pari al 21% e che scenderà al 19% nel caso di case ed appartamenti locati a canone convenzionale concordato e situate nei comuni individuati dal Dl 551/1998, all’articolo 1, lettera a e b) (bassa densità abitativa) e in quelli ad alta tensione abitativa. Rientrano anche i cosiddetti gli affitti stagionali o case vacanze ossia contratti di affitto di durata inferiore ai 30 giorni e che potranno godere della cedolare secca a partire dal 2011." I hope this goes some way to helping all of you on the way to threading the right way in the minefield of international taxation. Dennis.">http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxtreaties/in-f ... ly-dtc.pdf. Italian income tax (IRPEF) is covered, and the flatrate is an optional substitution to IRPEF, so for some this may be the more convenient option as it does not entail another tax return. Dennis.

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 12:29 pm 

Yes you right. You have to pay income tax on income from holiday lettings. Income everybody knows that. The money earn by person by any way. It will count in the earning of the person. So we have to pay the income tax. To know more about income tax and income tax tools. You can check this link: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
=========================
Tax Software for Professionals

PostPosted: July 30th, 2014, 2:20 pm 

Do you know if it's possible to download the form to declare your income and expenditure? I paid an accountant (rather a lot) to do this last year and was hoping to do it myself this year now that I have a completed form and have an idea what numbers to put in what boxes! Thanks, any advice would be gratefully received.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2014, 10:27 am 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Hi Evie,
If you do find out where to get the form(s) please let me know and maybe we can cooperate on filling them.
As has been said previously you have to earn in excess of €5000 before having to pay any Italian Tax but all should still have to submit Tax Returns to them. For UK residents we have to declare the earnings to HMRC and is taken into account in your total annual income!
The awful green print colour of the last post is terrible to read. Not sure if it's relevant to us as it appears to be a company from the USA!!

PostPosted: August 7th, 2014, 9:18 pm 

David, I haven't done anything about this yet. I guess the 1st port of call would be the equivalent of our Inland Revenue website. Yes it would be good to cooperate on this. I don't think too many (if any) of my Pizzo Beach Club fellow owners have done anything about this but at least I've last year sorted (thanks again for all you advice). In Spain, it is very easy to download the form, complete it and pay at a bank but then again it is very cheap (30 euros approx) to get someone to do all of the above.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2016, 6:20 am 

Today's the day
Estimated Income Tax Payment Due