A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Pizzo Beach Club
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 12:16 pm 

Does anybody know how much the one bedroomed apartments are worth now? Have they gone up at all in value

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Pizzo Beach Club
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2012, 2:07 pm 

I don't know the valuations but selling would undoubtedly incur a loss while there are bank repossessions around or owners who've had to walk away from their deposit without completing (meaning the builder can sell for a reduced price).

Report this post
PostPosted: March 4th, 2012, 7:09 pm 

where are the bank repossessions and what are they going for? might be time to grab a bargain from the bank!!!

Report this post
PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 1:53 am 

Sunflower, and everyone else,

If you are interested in a bargain at Pizzo Beach, I can arrange for a 50% contract resale, with all protections in place, at less than a third of the price.

So if the price was €160.000, the formula would be 160/2=80 discounted to 25, total price 80+25=€105000.

Contact me by email for further information.

Dennis.

Report this post
PostPosted: March 27th, 2012, 8:47 pm 

Does anyone know if you can sell a one-bedroom apartment on Pizzo - before completing, sell the contract on.

Report this post
PostPosted: April 6th, 2012, 11:44 am 

Just had a great game of tennis at PBC with dancingbrave and others (although a bit hot for it). A good wee crowd here now for Easter. Going to the Easter parade later. Definitely the place to be!

Report this post
PostPosted: April 6th, 2012, 2:43 pm 

Hi Evie glad your too hot and we're freezing. Is it warm enough to swim in the pools? What about the ocean? Good to hear there are more people about and things are heating up.

Barney

Report this post
PostPosted: April 7th, 2012, 6:57 pm 

The weather has been lovely apart from today which was dull and a bit wet! Coolish in the evenings. Yes several folk swimming in the pool although not me. The beach is currently being cleaned/tidied so I doubt if anyone has tried swimming in the ocean. Restaurant and supermarket not open. My 1st attempt at driving over here has been good.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 4:45 pm 

Hi,
I'm going to Pizzo Beach Club on Wednesday with my three kids and my daughter's mate.
How are things over there? Is it likely to be busy? In other words will there be anyn other kids over there to stop mine driving me nuts?

Report this post
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 7:00 pm 

They will be having that much fun with the pools, tennis courts, football pitch and the beach you will never see them.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 7:22 pm 

Hi Dancing Brave, when you get back could you let us know if the supermarket is open please - and if there are any events organised in the clubhouse? We've had a few potential renters asking. Hope you have a fabulous time!

Report this post
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 7:57 pm 

will do. I hear encouraging noises that the restaurant will be open. Clubhouse definitely needs some events, even if only old chestnuts like a quiz

Report this post
PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 10:00 pm 

dancing brave, it was nice to meet you at Easter. That's great that you're returning again, hope you and kids have a great time. I'm just back from Spain where it was early 30s.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 18th, 2012, 6:54 pm 

Hi,
Returned last week from Pizzo beach. Had a great time but the kids, as predicted, drove me nuts. Weather was glorious and the resort looked absolutely beautiful.
Shop was open, which was great news, and restaurant too.
I'm back in mid-July so hopefully I will see a few of you there. Evie, if you're gonna be there, take your racket.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 18th, 2012, 8:49 pm 

Thanks for the update Dancing Brave - glad you had a good time. Great to see the shop is finally open, and we heard that the restaurant is also opening earlier for lunch as well. Hope they get well used so that they are still open when we go over in October!

Report this post
PostPosted: June 19th, 2012, 11:32 am 

dancing brave, it will be too hot to play tennis in July!! Sadly I'll not get back to Pizzo until next spring sob sob. Leigh-Ann, my daughter, is going to Thailand for 7 months in August so I'll be spending Nov there plus Dec in Australia with my son so no pennies (or time) left for sunny Pizzo. Also 3 weeks at Spanish apartment in Aug/Sept. I'm glad you had a good time and it's great that the shop/restaurant are open.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 20th, 2012, 7:43 pm 

Hi, if anybody is interested in buying a one bedroom apartment on pizzo beach club, we will sell the contract on for £20,000 or nearest offer, payed over £40k

if interested email me at andrea.brooks.brooks9@gmail.com

Report this post
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2012, 10:06 pm 

Crazy day at PBC today with 9 aircon breakdowns because of the 45 deg heat, yes you guessed it, all of them were the VFI installations! Not good when you've rental clients like I have.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2012, 11:15 pm 

45 ???!!! I am staying in the uk.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 18th, 2012, 9:40 am 

Just back from 2 weeks in PBC, the place is looking great and there was quite a few people about.
It averaged 35 with no rain. We had our 4 kids 12-19 there and they loved it as did my sister,husband and 12yr old who had never been to Calabria before.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2012, 2:22 pm 

I only have 6 free nights (25-30 inclusive) left to rent in August. If someone needs a full week then I would need to get alternative accommodation for them for the final night (31st) which is awkward as even 1 night would involve the cleaner fee. Would anyone be willing to offer their apartment for the 1 night 31st and how much would you charge? The ideal situation would be an owner who is going themselves in Sept which would mean that they wouldn't need to employ their cleaner and this would mean that they would receive all of the night's rental. I've a 1-bedroom apartment although if there is only 2 adults then a studio is also possible.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 25th, 2012, 6:41 pm 

barneyjoe wrote:
Just back from 2 weeks in PBC, the place is looking great and there was quite a few people about.
It averaged 35 with no rain. We had our 4 kids 12-19 there and they loved it as did my sister,husband and 12yr old who had never been to Calabria before.

I got back last week wish we would have spent more time at PBC. Yes the weather was good a little to hot for me that just because I"m getting older it was great meeting all new people I believe I ran into you Barney a couple of times. My only bitch about the place is the resturant has to create more atmosphere staying open later at least the bar side we would just get comfortable with the new people we met and at 11 pm
the place was closing?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 25th, 2012, 9:12 pm 

Hi beyon,
Is that Dave?
After you left the restaurant got better as they had another waitress working and on one of the dinner by the pool nights they had a guy singing. The WiFi also started working which was good.

Barney

Report this post
PostPosted: July 25th, 2012, 10:31 pm 

Barney, does the wifi just work in the restaurant area or can you use it further away in the complex? At Easter I used the Club Med wifi at various spots on the complex. but they probably don't allow it during the high season.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 26th, 2012, 8:35 am 

eviegardner wrote:
Barney, does the wifi just work in the restaurant area or can you use it further away in the complex? At Easter I used the Club Med wifi at various spots on the complex. but they probably don't allow it during the high season.

Evie,

WiFi only works at restaurant and alittle further at the pool side.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 27th, 2012, 3:27 am 

barneyjoe wrote:
Hi beyon,
Is that Dave?
After you left the restaurant got better as they had another waitress working and on one of the dinner by the pool nights they had a guy singing. The WiFi also started working which was good.

Barney

How you doing Barney ya it's me Dave of course just my luck, when I leave the good times start lol.
Cheryl and I will be flying over next May and will be staying longer at our place this time. We are going to fly to Sweden for 3-4 days watch some world international Hockey and fly right back to PBC, It was a real pleasure to meet you and your Family and hope we can hook up again. Say hi to Martin for me and ask him if got rid those goofy shorts he purchased. LOL Take care and keep in touch. David

Report this post
PostPosted: August 5th, 2012, 1:27 pm 

Hi all. We have just joined the forum, but have regularly visited it. We have recently completed on a studio at Pizzo Beach, after crossing many many hurdles!! After believing that we had finally paid everything, we are now being told by the builder that we still owe 2340 euros for the connection of the utilities. We believed however that this was all sorted out at the Notary, as we had to send a large sum over to complete. We had also been led to believe that the notary would not have completed the sale if everything had not been paid for by us. We have contacted our UK solicitor who states we should pay it. (He used an italian solicitor on his behalf). I have asked for a Completion Statement, so we can see exactly what we have paid, but he says they do not have completion statements in Italy. We have nothing in writing to show exactly what we have paid for. It has been suggested that the builder can put a charge on our apartment for when we come to sell, and that can incur ongoing interest, so we obviously need to sort it out. Any advice would be very welcome please. Thanks.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 6th, 2012, 7:37 pm 

Hi Scarlet, welcome to the forum. We are in a similar situation - it is over a year since we completed, and we sent money over specifically to pay the utilities, but a couple of months ago we got a demand for 2340. We queried it with our lawyer who said that the builder had agreed (verbally on the day of completion) to waive the fee by way of compensation for being late and that the notary was holding on to the money until they could get it in writing from the builder. Written confirmation hasn't so far been forthcoming, but we have asked for this money to be returned to us meantime which we are hoping should happen any day now. I don't know about whether they have completion statements or not, but surely your lawyer should be able to tell you how they came up with the figure he asked you to send?

On another note, has anyone heard anything about the low water pressure today? We were asked to contact the condominium to get them to put pressure on the council to take action (which I've done), but does anyone know what has caused this? Was the new tank (which was installed last year) not meant to stop this?

And finally - on a happier note this time - we have booked flights to got to PBC from 17th to 21st October - is anyone to be out there at the same time?

Report this post
PostPosted: August 8th, 2012, 8:18 pm 

dgrcgl29 wrote:
Hi Scarlet, welcome to the forum. We are in a similar situation - it is over a year since we completed, and we sent money over specifically to pay the utilities, but a couple of months ago we got a demand for 2340. We queried it with our lawyer who said that the builder had agreed (verbally on the day of completion) to waive the fee by way of compensation for being late and that the notary was holding on to the money until they could get it in writing from the builder. Written confirmation hasn't so far been forthcoming, but we have asked for this money to be returned to us meantime which we are hoping should happen any day now. I don't know about whether they have completion statements or not, but surely your lawyer should be able to tell you how they came up with the figure he asked you to send?

On another note, has anyone heard anything about the low water pressure today? We were asked to contact the condominium to get them to put pressure on the council to take action (which I've done), but does anyone know what has caused this? Was the new tank (which was installed last year) not meant to stop this?

And finally - on a happier note this time - we have booked flights to got to PBC from 17th to 21st October - is anyone to be out there at the same time?

I was contacted by our Management company and It does not sound good at all. Tha same situation as the last time. I spent a couple of weeks there in July and there were no problems then. Now I have our place booked into November and will have to refund there Money and again lost revenue for another season and have no repeat clients. My wife and I were looking at purchasing a 2 bedroom just for ourselves and rent the 1 bedroom. Tough learning curb about Calabria and a waste of money to this point.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 6th, 2012, 12:22 am 

I will be at PBC for the month of Feb (the joys of early retirement). Flying from Dublin to Rome, 2-3 nights there, then train to Naples, 2 nights there and then train to Pizzo (that's the plan anyway). Does anyone plan to be there in Feb or will I have the place to myself? Hope it's not cold but bound to be warmer than home. I'm hoping to learn quite a lot of Italian while there so if anyone has any suggestions about classes/clubs/activities that might be available at that time I'd appreciate any ideas.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 4:35 pm 

Evie,
We have an apartment near Falerna Marina, about 35 minutes drive north of you.
Are there normally people around at your complex in February. Where we are there doesn't seem to be anyone there before Easter at the earliest. We have been a couple of times in January but the place was deserted so we stopped going during the winter months.
Cheers
gailmore

Report this post
PostPosted: October 8th, 2012, 10:14 pm 

Gailmore, I've no idea which is why I posted the above but I suspect there won't be too many, perhaps some halfterm week mid Feb. Usually I go at Easter so it'll be interesting to see what it's like in Feb. I haven't heard of Falerna Marina, a new place to visit, thanks.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 9th, 2013, 5:32 pm 

I'll be at PBC for the month of Feb if anyone else will be there. I'm in 86G.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 9th, 2013, 5:40 pm 

Hiya Evie
I may consider coming over late February but fear the weather wont be warm enough. Will definitely be there over Easter. Maybe see you then if not before

Report this post
PostPosted: January 10th, 2013, 8:35 pm 

Dancing Brave, It'd be better tennis weather than when we played! Not as exhausting. I'll definitely not be there at Easter. Maybe see you if you decide to come. May said it was 20 deg on Christmas Day. It should be warmer than the forecasted cold spell at home.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 31st, 2013, 12:20 pm 

Relaxing in the piazza at Chez Toi, its great to be back here after 10 months. Weath. er pleasant, certainly warmer than home. Not much life at P B C though. Had a great week in Rome and Naples en route.

Report this post
PostPosted: January 31st, 2013, 7:21 pm 

so this is how the other half lives evie?? lol
cold wet and windy here grrr!! enjoy

Report this post
PostPosted: January 31st, 2013, 9:01 pm 

You are taking this retirement to the max Evie. Fair play to yea!
How are you getting around? Are driving?

Barney

Report this post
PostPosted: February 1st, 2013, 5:50 pm 

Sorry Tony. barney, hired car for 2 weeks so will have no wheels the last 2 weeks. Would have been ok if the train from Francavilla still operated photos time but only just 1 train per day to Pizzo at 7pm!

Report this post
PostPosted: March 16th, 2013, 6:51 pm 

Hi all
I'm travelling to Pizzo Beach on April 8 but the weather there right now seems stubbornly cool. Am I reading the wrong weather reports or is is really as cool and dull as it sounds?

Report this post
PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 9:12 am 

My wife an I are heading to PBC April 17-21, we are flying into Sicily and driving up on the 18th at our leisure. We have never done this before and wondered are there any places we need to visit on the way up? What about the ferry? Do you need to book in advance or just show up?
Barney

Report this post
PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 11:58 am 

Just show up for the ferry.

Where are you flying into?

Report this post
PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 2:08 pm 

Dublin to Catania and staying in Taormina on the first and last nights.
Barney.

Report this post
PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 4:07 pm 

barneyjoe wrote:
My wife an I are heading to PBC April 17-21, we are flying into Sicily and driving up on the 18th at our leisure. We have never done this before and wondered are there any places we need to visit on the way up? What about the ferry? Do you need to book in advance or just show up?
Barney

Scilla is lovely.

Report this post
PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 7:31 pm 

Location: Carmarthen, south west Wales / Santa Maria di Ricadi, Capo Vaticano
Hi barneyjoe,
As you appear to be taking your time before getting to your destination and there are several places you can visit. These are some I woud suggest you visit.
The National Museum at Reggio and see the Riaci bronzes, they are amazing. Take your UK passports with you as you should get into the Museum for free with them.
Scilla as Pamela has mentioned and don't forget to visit Chianalea with it's fishermens cottages lapped by the sea and it's restaurants, found just beyond Scilla's harbour.
Santa Maria di Ricadi with it's beach and restaurants, Grotticelle beaches and "Belvedere", the view at Capo Vaticano just a 20 minutes drive south of Tropea.
Tropea is a must and an overnight stay if possible so you can wander the medaeval streets, alleyways, piazzas and choose from numerous restaurants and pizzerias to have a superb evening meal.
Taormina is wonderful and only 40 minutes from the Ferries at Messina. You'll be on the mainland in about an hour from Taormina depending how long you have to wait for the Ferry which is 30 minutes at most.
Have a great journey before you get to PBC.
davidnam

Report this post
PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 8:49 pm 

Barney, apparently Syraceuse is worth a visit and not far away from airport. I'm glad hoping to travel that way sometime so will be interested in how you get on. Have a great time, enjoy the new slide!

Report this post
PostPosted: March 29th, 2014, 9:25 pm 

Hi,
Does anyone know if the restaurant will be open for the Easter holidays?
We're coming over on April 9 if anyone is around and wants a very beatable tennis opponent

Report this post
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2014, 11:12 pm 

Are you on the PBC owners facebook page? It's useful for updates. I don't know about the restaurant but the smaller swimming pool opened this week. I'm sorry I'll miss a tennis match with you as I'll not be there until May. Hope you are keeping well, Derek/Del.

Report this post
PostPosted: April 6th, 2014, 10:34 pm 

eviegardner wrote:
Are you on the PBC owners facebook page? It's useful for updates. I don't know about the restaurant but the smaller swimming pool opened this week. I'm sorry I'll miss a tennis match with you as I'll not be there until May. Hope you are keeping well, Derek/Del.

What is the facebook site under? Thanks

Report this post
PostPosted: April 7th, 2014, 11:23 pm 

If you search for "Pizzo Beach Club - Owners Group" hopefully you'll find it. It's a closed group for owners at PBC. It's worth joining for useful information. Admin will add you to the group so worth messaging your name, email address and apartment number. If you've any problems, PM me your email address and I can request that you be added to the group.

Report this post