A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PIZZO BEACH CLUB AGM
PostPosted: August 1st, 2011, 11:19 am 

Hi all,

I thought it would be worth having an entirely different area for the AGM so that it was easy to find.

Sadly I will not be in attendance but really would have like to have been. Paul and Tom will be voting for me (and I have notified Rachael and Maria at the reception desk to give permission). This thread will hopefully allow them to keep all opinoins in one place and make it easy for everyone:

Points I would like them to discuss:

:arrow: More notice of the AGM next time and preferrable out of Peak Season (I think we have to give them a little benefit of the doubt this time as it is the first one they have ever tried to organise)
:arrow: The water shortage problems - I would like assurance this won't be repeated with the new storage containers. Incidentally are we paying for the containers out of our fees or, as I believe it should be, are the builders paying?
:arrow: Music from the Villagio Bravo club next door. Assurance given then the builders and Condominium are doing something about this and the crazy level of noise. I am already getting legal advice on the matter as it may affect the development long term - especially those looking to entice people to rent out their apartments
:arrow: Can we get exact dates when the restaurants and associated facilities are going to be open each year. This is causing problems from a rental perspective
:arrow: I would like to also say a thank you to Rachael at the reception as she is invaluable to all owners who speak English as 1st or 2nd languages and would like assurance that she will be staying on in the role
:arrow: A personal one for me really. Between apartments 4 and 5 there was meant to be a water feature. There is still nothing there and should have been. What are they doing with this area as something needs to be put in the gap.

Please feel free to add to the questions to be raised.

Hope everyone is well.

James
www.italianpropertytorent.co.uk

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: PIZZO BEACH CLUB AGM
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2011, 7:40 am 

Thanks for starting this thread James, we too would like those points raised. Has anyone managed to get hold of the letter that has been delivered to them at Reception? It would be interesting to know if it contains some kind of agenda for the meeting so we could find out if these topics will be discussed - and more to the point, find out what people will be voting for on our behalf. Also, someone mentioned on another thread that legally, we should all have had at least a month's notice of the AGM - where do we stand, given that we've only had just over a week? How do we go about making sure this doesn't happen again? It would be better if it was held during a fixed week every year, because even with a month's notice, most people still couldn't just drop everything to attend.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2011, 9:09 am 

What is more important is that those who were not notified can null and void any decisions made at the meeting. An acceptable notice period has not been provided for an AGM meeting so you may find that any one contesting any decisions voted on, will have a strong case.
There are legal requirements to be followed for obvious reasons that perhaps the organisers were not been aware of. Given the circumstance that buyers are vastly spread as well as time zones etc, 1 week would I imagine be deemed insufficient notice period. Also If this is your first meeting then you need to get 3/4 of owners to attend and if it is not then what is the quorum you have agreed. You will need to meet this number to go ahead with anything anyway.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2011, 9:29 am 

very good advice sunflower 3/4 of the owners must attend the AGM ,

Report this post
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2011, 9:46 am 

Hi all,

Maybe that can be raised in this meeting then but I am not sure we can do an awful lot at this stage.

Personally, I believe they have the interests of the development at heart (especially as the developer himself has one of the villas) and I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt this time around - as long as we can put in place a correct procedure for the next AGM (or possibly a further meeting before the peak season next year?)

Here is the agenda which I was sent recently

:arrow:

Best wishes.

James

Report this post
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2011, 4:29 pm 

Thanks James for the agenda. When I was at PBC, Rachael mentioned that there may be an AGM in August (I said it was too short notice for folk to book flights and she agreed) yet it took the administrator another 3 weeks to email us about this. I can't help thinking that the short notice is deliberate as the majority of us will be unable to attend at 1 week's notice. (Rachael is a great asset and helpful in dealing with queries as she speaks English).

Report this post
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 7:29 pm 

Hi James,

I think the developer has three properties on the site but from previous experience this doesn't mean he won't have his own agenda......usually the opposite in fact! But I like you am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Although agreeing the budget for next year and approving extra works smells like more cost around the corner for everyone.

Gerard

Report this post
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 11:17 pm 

Have we ever been told who is actually running the Condominium at the moment - and do we have the ability to change that if we feel the need? Would that be done at the AGM?

Report this post
PostPosted: August 4th, 2011, 10:52 am 

Hi all,

It is my understanding, having spoken to Rachael this morning, that notice, by Italian law is only 5 days.

I believe the Administrator of the Condominium at the moment is Maria who works alongside Rachael.

I also believe that usually, after an agreed period, a committee of owners would be set up to run the Condomium on behalf of others - however, this is only my knowledge from other countries, not specific to Italy.

As I have said previously, this will be the first AGM and so I think we have to give the benefit of the doubt on a lot of matters. I have seen a lot of developments and so far, I can only say that I am impressed by the builders here, despite the niggles that some have had (remember to distinguish between certain agents who were promoting and the actual builders)

Hopefully this AGM will aid communication moving foward and will continue to make this a fantastic development in the future.

James

Report this post
PostPosted: August 4th, 2011, 2:16 pm 

Folks,

remember that all the unsold/unfinished apartments equal more voting rights for the builder, therefore he holds majority vote by far, which means he can push through practically any decision with regard to the development at the AGM.

Gerard

Report this post
PostPosted: August 4th, 2011, 3:09 pm 

you are correct Gerard Laws in Italy no different for AGM than any other country

Report this post
PostPosted: August 4th, 2011, 3:18 pm 

5 days notice is for residential condominiums not in your case where owners are global.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 9th, 2011, 4:03 pm 

Any news on the PBC AGM?
Did it happen?
Barney

Report this post
PostPosted: August 10th, 2011, 9:56 am 

Hey Barney (and everyone else) ,

I have the notes of the AGM but I cannot attach them. All pretty positive though.

If you want to receive them please e-mail me at james@italianpropertytorent.co.uk

Lets just see.

James

Report this post
PostPosted: August 10th, 2011, 10:22 am 

I just got them myself but thanks all the same James.
Yeah it does sound positive but all owners need to be paying their condominium fees or the place will never get up and running properly.

Barney

Report this post
PostPosted: August 10th, 2011, 11:48 am 

It's good to hear there has been a positive outcome! :D

Report this post
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 11:49 am 

How do we start up our condo fees as Ive heard nothing since completing at end of june?

Report this post
PostPosted: August 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm 

Paul, you should receive an email from the condo administrator asking for payment in the near future.

Report this post