A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 20th, 2011, 9:07 pm 

are there still people who have not completed yet on Pizzo Beach Club - we are just in the process of waiting for a new mortgage application - first offer expired - however just a bit concerned as not heard from solictor in a while. Just want to see if there are other people in a situation like ours?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 9:08 pm 

Hi Andrea,

It is my understanding that there are still a number of people in a similar position to you so don't worry unduly.

Who is your solicitor out there out of interest, I might be able to shed a little light on it for you.

James
www.italianpropertytorent.co.uk

Report this post
PostPosted: July 27th, 2011, 1:26 pm 

Hi James

We are using AG Law

Thanks

Andrea

Report this post
PostPosted: August 2nd, 2011, 9:49 am 

Hi Andrea,

Yes, I know Pietro. He is a good solicitor and will hopefully resolve it all for you soon.

I am sure you will be fine and will be enjoying the property very soon.

James
www.italianpropertytorent.co.uk

Report this post
PostPosted: August 8th, 2011, 9:37 pm 

Hello Andrea,
I also have to complete at Pizzo. I have to re apply for a mortgage through JP Lynch, but the process is very slow. Im glad to hear Im not alone.

Gareth

Report this post
PostPosted: August 31st, 2011, 7:07 pm 

Hi Gareth

Can i ask which Bank in Italy you are using for your Mortgage?. We first went directly to Barclays Italy - however the mortgage lapsed because the development was not ready. We then used a broker who has recently advised us that the bank in Italy they were using Chenbanca, are pulling out giving mortgages to foreign nationals, however he can submit the paperwork to Barclays on our behalf.

I think Barclays are the only bank offering mortgages in Italy and it is cheaper to go directly to them then using a broker.

It is a long process - hopefully get their in the end

Report this post
PostPosted: August 31st, 2011, 8:47 pm 

andrea1973 wrote:
Hi Gareth

Can i ask which Bank in Italy you are using for your Mortgage?. We first went directly to Barclays Italy - however the mortgage lapsed because the development was not ready. We then used a broker who has recently advised us that the bank in Italy they were using Chenbanca, are pulling out giving mortgages to foreign nationals, however he can submit the paperwork to Barclays on our behalf.

I think Barclays are the only bank offering mortgages in Italy and it is cheaper to go directly to them then using a broker.

It is a long process - hopefully get their in the end

We're not buying on this development but can confirm we were also advised CheBanca have withdrawn from the non-resident mortgage market at the end of July. Luckily for us, our application had progressed to a point where we were not affected but it was a very close call - no thanks to the undue delays caused by our Italian Lawyer.

We're still awaiting a valuation and are concerned as the economic/banking crisis in Italy will almost certainly result in Banks becoming even more risk averse than they already are. We don't know what other options may be open to us if there are problems, so it would be interesting to know if there are any other lenders in addition to Barclays.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2011, 12:19 am 

Hello,
I have contacted Barclays on line. They replied, " you'll be contacted by our Mortgage Centre in Cosenza". I am still waiting, it has been about two weeks.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2011, 9:38 am 

Contact Silvia Plebani at Barclays re mortgages ... she's very helpful and English speaking.

Lorica

Silvia Plebani · Online Sales

Barclays Bank PLC

Viale Forlanini, 23 - 20134 Milano (Italy)
Phone +39.02.54152.600 (option 1) · n. verde 800 206 602

Fax +39.02.54152.222
silvia.plebani@barclays.it

Report this post
PostPosted: November 16th, 2011, 12:23 am 

Hello,
has anyone completed in Pizzo recently? Were you able to get a mortgage?
I have received a final date to complete from the builders or face losing my money. I have had no response form Barclays.
Has anyone else been given a final date from the builders?

Gareth

Report this post
PostPosted: November 16th, 2011, 11:24 am 

Hi

Below are the contact details for Barclays in Cosenza why don't you give them a ring.

Barclays - istituti finanziari mutui e prestiti

87100 Cosenza (CS)

Via Gabriele Barrio, Snc

tel: 0039 0984 1830114

Lorica

Report this post
PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 7:31 pm 

Hi ,

We too are waiting to complete and the hold up is the Italian mortgage being progressed. Talking to our lawyer last week he has confirmed that we are in no danger of losing our initial deposit (45%) as he has both the bank and the developer in the loop with our situation.

Very frustrating though.......

Nick & Lorna R
67F

Report this post
PostPosted: November 19th, 2011, 11:39 pm 

Hello Nick & Lorna,
do you mind if I ask who your Lawyer and mortgage lender are?
I am with Labatte, they have not answered my email as I have not paid their invoice.
I have been trying a few contacts for barclays to re apply for a mortgage, but have had no reply. I was contacted by Giambrone & Law lawyers two weeks ago. They informed me, that the builder could keep my deposit if I didnt complete by 21/11/11.

Gareth
119G

We too are waiting to complete and the hold up is the Italian mortgage being progressed. Talking to our lawyer last week he has confirmed that we are in no danger of losing our initial deposit (45%) as he has both the bank and the developer in the loop with our situation.

Very frustrating though.......

Nick & Lorna R
67F[/quote]

Report this post
PostPosted: November 30th, 2011, 3:06 pm 

Hi Nick and Lorraine

We are using AG LAW and I emailed him a couple of weeks ago, to find out where we where at and i have yet to receive an email back.

We are in a bit of the same situation, our initial mortgage offer expired with Barclays, because the development did not finish on time, we then moved to Kevin (overseas mortgage broker) and still trying to secure a mortgage with Barclays Italy. We dont seem to be getting anywhere, just feels like everything has gone quiet .

I doubt that they can threaten us with losing our deposit,

Andrea 26G

Report this post
PostPosted: February 18th, 2012, 12:15 am 

Hello,
has anyone been successful in a obtaining a mortgage?
Has anyone completed their sale?

Gareth

Report this post
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 2:05 pm 

We have been advised that the minimum loan to value is now 80 per cent with Barclays italy, by the broker we are using. We are still in the process of waiting for the mortgage to complete by Barclays.

Is there a lot of people who have still not completed,

Report this post
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2012, 2:34 pm 

i have booked a few flights recently,bit i have found that ryanair are becoming quite expensive. alitalia are proving to be quite competitive on price,and for any irish travellers to italy,dublin,linate lamezia is quite resonable and with good travel times .oops sorry this post shuould have been posted under flights to lamezia!!!

Report this post