A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: June 21st, 2011, 7:52 pm 

dg, I look forward to meeting up. We exchanged some emails in Jan 2010 and I remember we discussed completion thinking it was imminent!! Marinella Hotel is a couple of miles away but I've no idea how expensive it is (your kids will love the ice-cream shop nearby!). Hope you get sorted. I know of free apartments near mine but the problem is that the cleaning fee (50 or 55 euros) needs to be paid whether someone is staying 1 night or 1 week - I can give you email addresses if you wish.

Report this post
PostPosted: June 21st, 2011, 7:58 pm 

Thanks Diane, I'm sure it will be.
And thanks Evie, I'll look at the Marinella Hotel, but if I don't get anywhere, I'll get back in touch for those email addresses.
I forgot to ask earlier - which plugs does PBC use, the two prong or the three prong?

Report this post
PostPosted: June 21st, 2011, 9:51 pm 

:D congrats on completing hope you have
many years enjoying it

Report this post
PostPosted: June 26th, 2011, 7:31 pm 

3 sleeps 'til I'm back in sunny Pizzo! I'm hoping to buy a dongle for the internet - can anyone recommend what works well at PBC e.g. Wind? Thanks

Report this post
PostPosted: June 27th, 2011, 11:57 pm 

eviegardner wrote:
3 sleeps 'til I'm back in sunny Pizzo! I'm hoping to buy a dongle for the internet - can anyone recommend what works well at PBC e.g. Wind? Thanks

I got a Internet stick from Tim worked well I was able to be in contact with our company in Canada at all times. David

Report this post
PostPosted: June 28th, 2011, 2:08 pm 

That's great thanks David

Report this post
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2011, 8:46 pm 

As you can see the TIM internet stick is working well. The complex is lovely although not as busy as I expected. Only disappointment is that the supermarket is not open (although restaurant is). Apart from that it's super.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2011, 9:36 pm 

Quote:
The complex is lovely although not as busy as I expected

It will be busier by five more people this time tomorrow - Can't wait!! See you then Evie! G.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2011, 10:27 pm 

Gillian, Paul gave me your keys so see you at reception 5pm. You'll love the place!

Report this post
PostPosted: July 4th, 2011, 8:45 pm 

Just got back from our first visit to PBC since completion. It was fantastic. The site is lovely and gardeners and maintanance are working all day every day to keep it in the lovely condition it is in. Our apartment is great thanks to Paul and Tom, cant thank them enough for all the help they have given us. The restaurant is open and the food is lovely and the portions very large. Typical Italian food all cooked fresh. Dominico,Franchesco, Deborah and the cook "sorry forgot his name" are very friendly and welcoming. The bar serves contintal breakfast for 6e and a bufet with a glass of vino for 7.50e. Pools are warm and very clean and relaxing with life guards all day. The walk through the trees is lovely and cooling and the beach is clean wih sunbeds and parasols. It was'nt very busy but as only a 3rd have completed I am sure it will pick up in the coming months. We are going back out in 5 weeks and cant wait.
It was lovley to put faces to names and hope to get to know many more in the future.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 5th, 2011, 12:12 am 

Hi Evie,
glad to hear your back enjoying PBC, sadly you will have left when Philomena & I arrive, we are leaving York on the evening of Friday 15th July and driving down, hope to be there sunday morning !! Staying for 2 weeks, prob spending first week getting the place sorted, bringing lots of stuff with us, hopefully we can sort out any teething troubles before anyone else stays in it, we plan to go back again in Sept, for 10 days and may even go at xmas !! Any sign of the shop opening yet ? Regards Alan & Philomena. Apt 57f

Report this post
PostPosted: July 5th, 2011, 4:19 pm 

Alan/Philomena, I'm sorry I'm going to miss you but I'm glad you are getting sorted at last. Shop still not open but the complex is getting a bit busier so hopefully soon. If you have transport then it not being open isn't a major problem. I've lovely curtians since you stayed here! I plan to go in Sept also. Safe travelling!

Report this post
PostPosted: July 7th, 2011, 10:18 am 

Hi All

Has anyone heard the latest with VFI - Aparently they are no longer working in calabria/pizzo beach?

I paid for a kitchen with them to be installed, have now completed my purchase and cannot get hold of them to see whats happening with the fit.....

Im at my witts end and have probably lost the lot......can anyone help PLEASE!!!!

All tel nos are not answering....!!!

HELP

Regards
Paul

Ps - had a nightmare with completing - total lack of communication and procedures between my lawyer/barclays/Maritur - unbelievably unprofessional all round - hey but thats ITALY i guess. oh and also - no compensation even though my lawyer stated at a meeting i was entitled to it!!! but thats another story to follow........

Report this post
PostPosted: July 7th, 2011, 12:09 pm 

Paul, same here regarding completion, it took me from July 2010 to April 2011 due to lack of communication but I'm here now and the complex is lovely so take heart it'll be worth it in the end! It would be worth contacting Carol Herriot although (I heard yesterday) she no longer works for VFI. I'll see Paul McDonnell soon so I'll ask him if he knows anything more. Or the receptionist here. I'll report back to you if I find out anything.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 7th, 2011, 2:09 pm 

PaulPelop,
I was out at Pizzo last week and met a buyer that had brought kitchens ect through VFI. He said that Carol had left VFI and started up on her own in Pizzo.Like Evie said perhaps she can help.
Hi Evie, nice to meet you last week, hope you are still enjoying your holiday and the weather is still hot..Its raining here for a change.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 7th, 2011, 7:30 pm 

The latest drama at PBC is a water shortage with some apartments having little or no water for several days now. It seems to be more of a problem for the 1st floor apartments than ground floor ones (I'm unaffected so far but apartment above is). Very worrying for those of us who have rental clients. Apart from that, as I've said before, the place is loking great.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 7th, 2011, 10:04 pm 

Hi alll,
when I went over to complete last month, I had heard the rumours that VFI no longer existed, so as we had paid for their package to assist with completion, connections, Blah Blah ! I went to their office in Vibo, yes there was some one there, but they were just full of the usual bull that you always got from Carol, apparently she has set up her own property management company ! From what I was told when I was there, she has told so many lies to so many clients of PBC, including myself last year, that I would be surprised if anyone wanted her to work on their behalf. The girl in VFI told me they were moving office to Pizzo, I was also told that the partners of VFI have split up & that the builder of PBC is also in dispute with them, as he cannot sell any unsold properties at PBC unless it goes through VFI !! and who would take that risk now. We have given up with VFI, another £1500 down the drain ! No deep clean, no airport pickups, no hotels arranged, no fridge that was in our spec, and no elec connection, all suposed to be in our package, when I asked the builder at the day of completion where our fridge was and the powder coating on the railings (which are already starting to rust) and the bidet ! he said it was nothing to do with him & that it was down to VFI as they had put it in the spec !! But it was his contract ! ! Hope the water situation is resolved ASAP for all that are there at moment. Alan.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 8th, 2011, 7:27 am 

If Carol has left VFI then it would have been nice of her to send a general e-mail to VFI clients explaining the situation!
We too will have (once again) lost a lot of money if it is true about VFI.... we paid 2 years Aftersales and for our furniture package over a year ago when we believed completion was imminent!..... incredibly still waiting!
We would appreciate any update from anyone in the know.... yet one more thing to worry about.
Thanks, Bill.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 8th, 2011, 7:58 pm 

Yes, I also bought through Carol and she assured me that the kitchen would be fitted before she left......what a load of rubbish - still cant get hold of anyone so would be interested if someone can come up witha contact number for her - asap.

So have VFI folded and is there any route for us to get the money back without legal action which in italy is a joke.....

Please keep me posted......

Report this post
PostPosted: July 8th, 2011, 10:03 pm 

Hi Wheels and Paulpelop. I think this may be VFI.

http://www.itoverseasproperty.com/contact.html.

They are on the third floor of the Brico building of Via Nazionalle Street in Pizzo.

The website is very much like VFI.

Good Luck

Report this post
PostPosted: July 13th, 2011, 6:23 pm 

I don't think it is, the website slows my pc and their graphics are awful nowehere near as slick as vfi - for better or worse - VFi's presentation was slick .... if nothing else.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 13th, 2011, 7:00 pm 

I am hearing disturbing news about the water supply, or rather lack of it, at Pizzo beach Club.
Can anyone put us in the picture?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 10:36 am 

True Dancing Brave, from what I am hearing its 2 bed and apartments nearer to club med.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 12:26 pm 

We were there last week, and the water pressure was very poor for a couple of days. We're on the ground floor and we heard that some two bed upper floors had no water at all for those two days, but we were back to full pressure by the time we left on Sunday - the rumour was that some bill hadn't been paid, but I don't know if that's correct or not. I also don't know if what you have heard was to do with last week, or if this is a new problem. Maybe if someone is there just now, they can clarify.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 2:56 pm 

I dont seem to be having a problem with the website. If it is'nt VFI then they have the same web designer.
http://www.vfioverseasproperty.com/

Report this post
PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 7:19 pm 

I left PBC yesterday and the water problem seems to have been sorted. As mentioned above, it only affected 1st floor apartments with ground floor apartments being OK.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 1:08 pm 

Ignore above post as no water in ground floor apartments also! I have French clients arriving this a/noon and no water in my apartment, very worrying!

Report this post
PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 1:21 pm 

If it is any consolation, I have heard reports of very low water pressure from other parts as well. A solution is to ask a local 'idraulico' to install an 'autoclave'. This is a water tank with pump that typically fills up over night to compensate for low pressure during the peak hours.

Dennis.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 2:48 pm 

is there a water shortage looming in calabria as per the spanish problems they had/have? we certainly have had no problems on the east coast so far.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 3:34 pm 

Hi,

We are in Caulonia Marina on the East Coast. We have been told that there is a lack of water supply in Caulonia in the summer months. There is more water being used as there are more people around. It seems to be a common problem in summer.

Rgds,

Berni

Report this post
PostPosted: July 15th, 2011, 11:19 pm 

In Badolato, judging by this evening's house warming, we have decided to save water by using wine and beer instead.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2011, 3:55 pm 

I'm told a water tank has been installed at Pizzo Beach to solve the problems...does anyone have an update?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 26th, 2011, 9:06 pm 

Hi all,

Yes, a water tank is due to be fitted in coming weeks but no one seems to know where. My suspicions are that it will be nearer the Club Med side rather than the beach side as that was where the main problems were I hear.

I have had a constant stream of tenants and no real concerns raised about it so quite lucky. However we do get the issues with the music from the Villagio Bravo which is going to be an ongoing battle.

Hope everyone well.

James
www.italianpropertytorent.co.uk

Report this post
PostPosted: July 28th, 2011, 7:33 pm 

Hi all,
does anyone know if the water supply is up and running at Pizzo beach, and is the shop now open.
Gang of us coming over on Monday so a yes to both would be great news.
One other thing, how's the place for mosquitoes?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 28th, 2011, 10:53 pm 

Spray and cover visit pharmacist Simpltes

Report this post
PostPosted: July 29th, 2011, 11:26 am 

I have just received an email giving 1 week's notice for the AGM which is ridiculous for owners to get flights at such short notice. It's on 8th and 9th August, will anyone be out there at that time who can attend?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 29th, 2011, 11:55 am 

Hi Evie,

Paul and Tom are representing us at the AGM, are you flying out for it?

Gerard

Report this post
PostPosted: July 29th, 2011, 12:15 pm 

I am also putting my trust in Paul & Tom as they are onsite quite alot and as agents for PBC they will know what it needs to move forward. If you have any issues you need brought up they can represent you.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 29th, 2011, 12:18 pm 

You should get together and object to such short notice Flights are very expencive booking last minute, and people that are renting their apartments will have to find some place to stay. People like attend the AGM ,

Report this post
PostPosted: July 29th, 2011, 12:29 pm 

I wonder have they done this deliberately knowing that few of us can attend at such short notice. My apartment is rented out at that time. Will there be voting involved at this AGM and, if yes, can Paul/Tom do multiple votes?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 29th, 2011, 12:58 pm 

My understanding is you have to give 21days notice to ensure maximum partication from members

Report this post
PostPosted: July 29th, 2011, 6:45 pm 

ursla wrote:
My understanding is you have to give 21days notice to ensure maximum partication from members

If there is a agenda that they can e:mail to us would be appreciated. We live in Canada and if we were to book a flight today at such short notice the cost is 4600.00 dollars or 6210. euro. I would like to have another meeting set up for 2 months from Aug 8 2011 if possible. This is near the end of rental seaon and time for all PBC owners to attend.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 29th, 2011, 11:57 pm 

You have to be given a min 30days notice for an AGM and as buyers are scattered it is usually 2-3months notice. You need t o be notified offically - and proof has to be recorded on record that everyone has been notified. All owners can dispute any resolution made at the meeting if they were not provided with enough notice to be able to attend. You can also vote by proxy. If this is your first meeting then they will be anxious to get as many there as possible in order to have sufficient representation to vote. If this is not achieved a 2nd meeting has to be held within a short time frame but not sooner than the following day. At this meeting you will get away with less present. This is all in the Italian Civil code under condoiminio rules

Report this post
PostPosted: July 29th, 2011, 11:59 pm 

One of the main points to be clarified, in purchasing a real estate property in Italy, is the Condominium. Buying a property in a building or, more, in a residential complex, means becoming part of this entity that is responsible for all the decisions involving common rights, common parts of the complex or common expenses to be decided. Here we provide a little translation of the most important articles of the Italian Civil Code, to have the first general idea of the related rights and duties. Art. 1138 (Condominium rules).When a building has more than ten co-owners, a set of rules has to be issued in order to regulate the common property usage and the sharing of expenses, according to the rights and obligations (that each owner has) and according to the rules for the decor of the building and its administration. Each owner can take the initiative to write these rules or to revise the existing ones. The rules must be approved by the majority of the co-owners, according to art 1136 and must be transcribed in the register established by art 1129. The rules can be brought before a court according to art. These rules cannot prejudice each owner's rights acquired with the purchase of the property and the agreements and in any event the following rules shall be followed: art. 1118, second paragraph, 1119, 1120, 1129, 1131, 1132, 1136 and 1137.Art. 1118 (Rights of the owners of communal properties).The right that each owner has in regards to the common property is in proportion to the floor's value or in proportion to the portion of the floor he owns, if the title deed does not say otherwise. By giving up the right on communal matters, the owner will not absolve himself from paying the expenses due for their maintenance. Art. 1139 (Indivisibility).The communal parts of the building cannot be divided, unless the division can be carried out without causing inconvenience to any of the co-owners in their usage of the property. Art. 1120 (Innovations)The condominiums. The majority of co-owners as shown in fifth paragraph art. 1136 can choose all innovations as long as they are done in order to improve and ease the performance of the communal properties. All innovations that could cause prejudice to the building stability or to its safety shall be forbidden. The same applies to those innovations that could alter the architectonical decor of the building or to those which could cause certain communal parts of the building to become unserviceable or that could interfere with the co-owners enjoyment of them. Art. 1129 (Designation and revocation of the administrator).When there are more than four condominiums, the majority of c-owners can appoint an administrator. If it doesn't, the designation is carried out by the judicial authority, through an appeal done by one or more of the building's owners. The administrator is in charge for a year and could be voted out and replaced at any time by the assembly. He/she can also be replaced by the judicial authority, through an appeal made by each of the building's owners, if they believe serious malpractice has taken place during a period of two years. The designation and revocation of the administrator are notified in a specific registry. Art. 1131 (Agency).Taking into consideration the limitations established by the above mentioned article or greater powers given by the condominium or assembly, the administrator represents the assembly and can bring a claim before the court against both the building's owners and a third party. S/He can be sued for any action concerning the common property of the building and s/he gets notified all the rulings issued by the judicial authority. If the summon or the ruling exceeds the powers of the administrator, s/he must immediately let the assembly know. An administrator who doesn't fulfil this duty can be voted out and replaced and must pay for compensation. Art. 1132 (Dissent of the condominiums in case of dispute). If the assembly of the condominiums bring a claim before the court, a non-consenting co-owner can exclude him/her self from the above dispute by giving appropriate notice to the administrator. The Service of documents must be done within thirty days since the assembly's decision.. A non-consenting owner can ask for a refund of what has been paid to the successful party. If the dispute's outcome is in favour of the condominium, the non-consenting co-owner that has somehow enjoyed from it must pay the legal expenses that couldn't be expected to be paid by the losing part. Art. 1136 (Creation of the Assembly and validity of the resolutions). The assembly is regularly set up by many condominiums which represent two thirds of the value of the whole building and two thirds of the condominium's participants. The resolutions are valid only if approved by the majority of the participants or at least half of the building's value. If the assembly cannot resolve because of lack of sufficient people, another assembly will be called and it will resolve the day following the day the first assembly should have resolved and anyway never later than ten days from that date. The resolution is valid if supported by a third of the participants of the condominium and at least a third of the building's value. The resolutions concerning the creation and the withdrawal of the administration or the active and passive disputes that exceeds the administrator's powers and the resolutions concerning the reconstruction of the building or extraordinary repair work always have to be approved by the majority of the assembly as specified in the second clause. The resolutions concerning innovations specified by the first paragraph of art. 1120, must always be approved by the majority of the participants and by two thirds of the building value. The assembly cannot make a decision if all condominiums haven't been invited to the meeting. Once the assembly has made a decision, a report will be written and then transcribed in a register book kept by the administrator. Art. 1137 (Appeal of the Assembly's resolutions). The resolutions taken by the assembly according to the above mentioned articles are binding on all owners. Every consenting owner can appeal to the judicial authority against the resolutions which are against the law or against the rules of the condominium but the appeal does not interrupt the appeal except in the case that the interruption has been issued by the judicial authority. The appeal must necessary be proposed within thirty days from the date of the resolution for the non-consenting owners and from the date of communication for the absent.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 30th, 2011, 6:54 pm 

May i ask Sunflower where this translation or quote originated from.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 31st, 2011, 9:55 am 

Done loads of research to check out if rules were the same in italy as other countries. I have belonged to a condominium for over 20 years so have much expereince. this will be something that I picked up along the way which explains things in a simple way as studying the italian civil code for 3 months on this subject is not easy or everyones cup of tea. If you want to check its accuracy then read the civil code under condominium rules. All the sections are listed so it will be a lot easier for you than it was for me. Happy reading.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 31st, 2011, 10:52 am 

Readily available simple guides also available which may assist include:

'Dizionario practico del Condominio' by Massimo Fracaro & Germano Palmeri- Pub. ETAS €13,90.

'Le Regole del Condominio' by Carlo Parodi & Paola Tria - Pub. Series Le Leggi Illustrate - €8,90

BUT like all legal matters current editions are needed and in the event of discrepancies or varying interpretations the text of the Italian Civil Code will prevail.

The above information is given in good faith but without any warranty as to the accuracy of the publications mentioned.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 31st, 2011, 3:34 pm 

Thanks for that Sunflower. I am just so impressed at the simplicity of the explanations and it makes condiminium more understanding for potential buyers. I thank you for sharing this information with us. I am positive a lot of hard work and research has gone into it. I also am part of a condiminium being an owner of an apartment within a large block of apartments. Can i share this quote with others on our development to make them try and realise that they are responsible for adhering to notifications and decisions made on behalf of a condiminium or assembly

Report this post
PostPosted: July 31st, 2011, 4:12 pm 

Please feel free to share with anyone - the more educated people are on what they have bought into the better as far as I am concerned.
It will stop others from making up the rules as they go along, and protect every one in the long run. Once people realise that we actually know (often is the case) more than them they are more likely to follow the rules. After all most of us probably want the same thing. We all want our developments up and running properly, within the law, and know that we are paying, within reason, the true costs of running these developments. It is important for all owners to know that the management companies work for the owners and not the other way round. That you decide what it is you want, and the management company is responsible for enforcing it all and are accountable to you the owners. You need to see a budget for the cost of the up keep and it has to be agreed/voted in by the owners. All owners have to contribute to the costs and those who refuse to pay (including the builders who own properties still)will have legal consequences. You can by law hold up any sale of any property where fees have not been paid until the outstanding balance has been paid.If this is your first meeting to agree your fees then you also want a copy (each owner) on how these have been calcualted. Hope this helps.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 1st, 2011, 9:06 am 

Sunflower
What does the term "legal consequences" mean in Italy?
My understanding having bought thorugh the Italian process three years ago, is that it means totally nothing according to the people who represented me i.e. if the builder does not complete the property as stated in the contract it would be too expensive to take him to court to enforce it.
Why have conditions noted by the Notary at time of completion, then have lawyers saying its too expensive to have them enforced when the builder does not complete as stated?
On our complex we have no swimming pool, kids area, landscaping, completing of roads, garages owned by the builder used for storing construction equipment, the list could go on. All these were part of our contract?
What action can be taken as the above could happen, and probably has at various complexes. Is Italian law strong enough to enforce contracts, so far my reckoning is a big N0.
Please advise if possible.
Bobby

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next