A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: August 1st, 2011, 9:47 am 

All I can say is that from my experience you do have the option to go to court. I also know from experience that my lawyer pushed me to complete stating I had to or I would lose everything. Turns out I did not! I could have gone to court and would have won as the builder was in breach of his own contract in several places. It would take time but I would have got my money back. All I can suggest is that you try to join forces with as many others as you can find and reduce the costs. I went head with my purchase and it has become a battle (abeit a silent one) to get things to how they should be. Find a good lawyer, USE the existing laws,work together for the benefit of all, and stick to what you believe to be right. Keep away from small town, court hearings and go for the rulings in courts in bigger cities if you can, as you will get more impartiality. I am not sure why lawyers are reluctant to persue going to court and putting people off by using large costs as a deterant because once divided up, my costs were very low. I am sure you will have lots of common issues and the key is to pursue those that affect everyone rather than individual issues - sort them out later. Good luck.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 1st, 2011, 9:54 am 

possibly Lawyers are reluctant to go to court as in a small town people know each other well or are related, which is why your advice to go to a larger city is good, that way it is an impartial hearing.

Good luck with your battle sunflower.

Cheers Diane :)

Report this post
PostPosted: August 1st, 2011, 11:09 am 

Hi Sunflower,

Interesting posts and glad we have someone with a good legal brain to help out. I am going to suggest that we start a new thread about the AGM for Pizzo Beach Club. That way people who are interested in the AGM can focus their attention on that particular subject.

At the end of the day, the success of a development long term is only as good as its condominium and the people taking an active interest.

Best wishes everyone.

James
www.italianpropertytorent.co.uk

Report this post
PostPosted: September 1st, 2011, 2:38 pm 

I'll be at PBC from Sept 12-21, is anyone else there at that time? I'm in 86G. Looking forward to returning.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2011, 1:17 am 

eviegardner wrote:
I'll be at PBC from Sept 12-21, is anyone else there at that time? I'm in 86G. Looking forward to returning.

Hi Evie,
Philomena & I wiil be there from the 14th Sep. until the 23rd Sept. so we will see then I hope. Hopefully the weather will be good. See you soon. Alan.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2011, 4:33 pm 

Alan/Phil, that's great, I look forward to seeing you again. I'm sure you've made lots of progress since we met at Easter!

Report this post
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2011, 4:58 pm 

Hi Evie,
yes we did all the work in July while we were there, an Italian family moved in the day we left and stayed in the apt for a month, so we are looking forward to going and enjoying it ourselves this time, as I spent nearly all the time working on the apt in July, but we are very pleased with it, and the food at the restaurant was really good, and very reasonable we thought. See you in a couple of weeks.
Alan & Philomena.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 5th, 2011, 9:36 pm 

Hi Evie,
Sharn, Tom and Maddie arive on the 18th. I will tell them to look out for you and say hi. Hope you are well.
Mandy and Colin

Report this post
PostPosted: September 5th, 2011, 10:43 pm 

Mandy/Colin, I look forward to meeting them and if I can help in anyway tell me to get in touch.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 5th, 2011, 11:45 pm 

My son and his family will be out there from the 14th to 21st September

Report this post
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2011, 3:41 pm 

Dear All

I, Carol Herriot , wish to inform you that CHS Home Services Ltd, will no longer manage the services of the memberships, or oversee any further installations on behalf of VFI OVerseas Property.

For further information plese contact the following numbers.

0039 0963 531258
0039 3356145143
0039 3356045292

Report this post
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2011, 8:53 am 

:lol: Did you ever !! your promises were as worthless as VFI !!!!!!!

Alan.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2011, 3:58 pm 

Has anyone actually had a furniture package from VFI? .... we are now wondering if we will get ours after we have paid for it.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 4th, 2011, 6:01 pm 

wwheels wrote:
Has anyone actually had a furniture package from VFI? .... we are now wondering if we will get ours after we have paid for it.

We had received some product, we did not receive all of what was paid for and had damaged product and what we did get was not not worth what we had paid. Calabrian Services helped us out and took my wife and I shoppong to see the prices first hand and we picked out what we found to be well worth the value.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 4th, 2011, 10:35 pm 

I've just completed on an apartment in Spain. You wouldn't believe how simple and straightforward (and cheaper) the whole process is there compared to Italy. I was even able to chose my notary date to suit my flights.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 5th, 2011, 9:18 am 

Evie.. I wish we had chosen Spain now, anywhere but this ongoing nightmare that's a never ending money pit!!

Beynon... Thanks for that. Presumably VFI did nothing to rectify the situation with your missing and damaged furniture? How long ago was that, as I believe they have scaled down even more lately. Can you please pm me with your contact at VFI, etc. Thanks, Bill

Report this post
PostPosted: October 5th, 2011, 10:59 am 

wwheels, from an investment point of view, I think Calabria is a better buy when you consider the Spanish property market. Don't give up, keep going, it'll be worth it in the end!

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 367 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8