A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Pizzo Beach Completion
PostPosted: July 16th, 2010, 6:04 pm 

We have received good news from our Lawyer this morning!! The development has now been fully registered. The developer is ready to transfer properties from July 29 2010. As most of the purchasers of Pizzo beach may already know the first investers will be those who are using their own funds or who have already obtained a mortage. We will be claiming a reduction of 2000.00 euros for the accured penalty of 4 months. I am feeling very good today,and happy hour will be on me!! Ciao from Canada

Report this post
PostPosted: July 16th, 2010, 7:33 pm 

Great news Beynon. Pizzo beach is a great place and am sure all your hours spent there will be happy!..All the best for a stress free completion !

Report this post
PostPosted: July 20th, 2010, 9:39 pm 

Hi Beynon,
I too have bought in Pizzo Beach Club and i have just returned from there last night.
They are still some way off being ready and in my opinion there is no way it will be ready for the end of July and then the workers are on holidays for the month of Aug.
Most of the apts are ready but there is alot of landscaping going on at the minute as well as irrigation systems. This needs to be done before they can do the grass and finish the roads. The clubhouse/restauraunt area is a long way off and is just plastered inside and they are working on it but there is alot to do.
Sorry
Barney

Report this post
PostPosted: July 20th, 2010, 10:44 pm 

Hi Barneyjoe, do you have any photos?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 21st, 2010, 2:13 pm 

I didn't take any photos as there hasn't been much change apart from all the tree planting which is going on.The trees are looking good but as i said the grass between will need to be done and i don't know if they will sow it out or use turf.I can't really see them using turf as there is a big area to cover.
The club house area they are starting to fitt out the apts and restauraunt building,this needs to be done before they start to landscape this area.
I didn't see any Enel boxes and i think we are looking at about October for completion,but that is just my opinion.
Hope this helps in some way.

Barney Joe

Report this post
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2010, 11:02 pm 

barneyjoe wrote:
I didn't take any photos as there hasn't been much change apart from all the tree planting which is going on.The trees are looking good but as i said the grass between will need to be done and i don't know if they will sow it out or use turf.I can't really see them using turf as there is a big area to cover.
The club house area they are starting to fitt out the apts and restauraunt building,this needs to be done before they start to landscape this area.
I didn't see any Enel boxes and i think we are looking at about October for completion,but that is just my opinion.
Hope this helps in some way.

Barney Joe

Barney Joe thanks for the update I just arrived home today and have not been around a computer. We were going to book a flight for September. But I will be contacting my lawyer, and finding out when VFI calls for us to complete the deal before the grounds are not even close to being done, what are the optoins. He had advised us that we would probably be some of the first clients to be finalized. I'll post the lawyers advice as soon as we hear from them.
Beynon

Report this post
PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 2:48 pm 

Hi folks,

While at Pizzo Beach today completing the last of my snags (took nearly 3 weeks as we had so many to complete), I was given the grand tour of the restaurant by my new friend, Angelo.

It's spans over 2 floors, downstairs a large kitchen and dining area and bathrooms.

Upstairs you have another dining area, with large floor to ceiling windows, 2 outdoor dining areas, more bathrooms and best of all and dance hall.

There is still a lot of work to be done, they are almost finished the floor tiles, second phase electrics. Windows and doors are due to go in.
No bathroom wares are in, no industrial kitchen appliances or seating.

There were guys working on the large pool, they have drained it and are making some general repairs to it. They have also given the pool bar a face lift and painted it to match the restaurant colour. There are 2 outdoor bathrooms with showers close to the pool.

The tennis courts are looking fab and the soccer pitch also.

The restaurant is solely for the use of Pizzo Beach clients and of course I was granted permission to dine there, looking forward to it.

The site shuts down on August 7th for the summer holidays.
Work continues again the start of September.

All the best,
Paul

http://www.calabriamanagementservices.com

Attachment:
26-07-2010 20-50-26_0006.JPG
26-07-2010 20-50-26_0006.JPG [ 47.79 KiB | Viewed 2172 times ]
Attachment:
26-07-2010 20-53-20_0017.JPG
26-07-2010 20-53-20_0017.JPG [ 50.81 KiB | Viewed 2172 times ]
Attachment:
26-07-2010 20-53-44_0018.JPG
26-07-2010 20-53-44_0018.JPG [ 38.41 KiB | Viewed 2172 times ]
Attachment:
26-07-2010 20-53-16_0016.JPG
26-07-2010 20-53-16_0016.JPG [ 32.34 KiB | Viewed 2172 times ]
Attachment:
26-07-2010 20-51-42_0013.JPG
26-07-2010 20-51-42_0013.JPG [ 64.24 KiB | Viewed 2172 times ]
Attachment:
26-07-2010 20-51-46_0014.JPG
26-07-2010 20-51-46_0014.JPG [ 62.91 KiB | Viewed 2172 times ]
Attachment:
26-07-2010 20-51-18_0011.JPG
26-07-2010 20-51-18_0011.JPG [ 34.27 KiB | Viewed 2172 times ]
Attachment:
26-07-2010 20-51-07_0009.JPG
26-07-2010 20-51-07_0009.JPG [ 41.64 KiB | Viewed 2172 times ]
Attachment:
26-07-2010 20-51-12_0010.JPG
26-07-2010 20-51-12_0010.JPG [ 45.31 KiB | Viewed 2172 times ]

Report this post
PostPosted: July 27th, 2010, 5:23 pm 

WOW :o This looks Fab, how many units are on this complex?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 29th, 2010, 6:13 pm 

BigAl wrote:
WOW :o This looks Fab, how many units are on this complex?

I will sell you my penthouse for a good price if you want BigAl :D

Report this post
PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 6:12 pm 

Pics look great. Nearly bought there but chose JOTS instead (hey-ho)

Looking for genuine help and advice please. Many recent Pizzo Beach completions would have required mortgages. Can anyone please offer advice as to best place to obtain and any difficulties experienced in the valuations. I gather that the process of valuing properties in Italy is very different. JOTS hasn't got there yet but I would like to do some ground work now in hopeful readiness!

Many thanks

Report this post
PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 6:38 pm 

My mortgage is with Barclays through the broker JP Lynch. As a result of the Barclays surveyor I was offered £2000 less than originally agreed. Could have been worse I suppose but the problem is that you don't find out until the last minute.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 1st, 2010, 3:37 pm 

Hi, we have also purchased on Pizzo Beach Club and our lawyer is now pushing for completion, however after reading some of these comments about the grounds not being ready, leaves me quite concerned. Can anybody recommend who they have used or using to complete their snagging list.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Andrea

Report this post
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2010, 10:43 pm 

Has anyone at PBC actually completed yet? Perhaps someone who's purchasing without a mortgage?

Report this post
PostPosted: August 4th, 2010, 7:33 am 

Would please still love to hear from anyone else who has applied for a mortgage and/or has confirmation of valuation process and valuations given for Pizzo Beach.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 7:46 am 

hi eviegardner .morgage or not people will not complete untill evertything is finished to their sadisfaction,People are a lot wiser now thanks to this forum.look how many people have completed 2 to 3 years and still waiting on pools and basic essentials to be installed,

Report this post
PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 12:47 pm 

ursla wrote:
hi eviegardner .morgage or not people will not complete untill evertything is finished to their sadisfaction,People are a lot wiser now thanks to this forum.look how many people have completed 2 to 3 years and still waiting on pools and basic essentials to be installed,

Hi we are purchasing at P.B.C. apt. 57f two bed with sun terrace. ( WHICH WE WOULD GLADLY SELL FOR THE AMOUNT WE HAVE PAID OUT UP TO NOW, INCLUDING AIR CON UNITS & VFI MEMBERSHIP FOR TWO YEARS ) Our solicitor is also pushing for completion & say they have been told to offer 1500 euros compensation, but the document they want us to sign & return still has the full price on with no reduction ! we have told them we are not accepting 1500 euros as we have just recieved our snagging report dated the 27th July 7, with problems that need rectifying, so that will be four months, we were also led to believe that people were not going to complete until the whole site is finished & as you see from Pauls pics this is not going to happen before the builders finish for the month, Andrea1973, we are sadly in the VFI management scheme, & would have opted out if they had not refused to refund our money ! We would probably have used Paul & Tom as they have been of more help with info & pics than VFI ever have.
The snagging was sent by Nerina Figurinaite at VFI, we have never heard of her before, & said she was using her own email address to contact us as the VFI email was faulty !!! WE have been here before with Parador when they shut the office in Calabria ! So does anyone have any information about what is happening, as we are not willing to sign or pay anymore money until we know what is going on & that all the buyers are working together as we have no confidence in VFI after seeing some of their practices !! Alan & Philomena.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 2:20 pm 

The compensation should be £2000 (4 months @ £500) at least and it looks like the month of August also. Have folk discovered any major problems in the snagging? Damp in my patio was the only worryng thing.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 4:05 pm 

eviegardner wrote:
The compensation should be £2000 (4 months @ £500) at least and it looks like the month of August also. Have folk discovered any major problems in the snagging? Damp in my patio was the only worryng thing.

Hi Eviegardner,
our report had no serious problems, but then again as VFI did ours, it is in their interest not to find any serious problems as to hold up the completions, sorry I have become very cynical about dealings in Italy ! Alan.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 6:17 pm 

auto11toj wrote:
eviegardner wrote:

Hi Eviegardner,
our report had no serious problems, but then again as VFI did ours, it is in their interest not to find any serious problems as to hold up the completions, sorry I have become very cynical about dealings in Italy ! Alan.

Alan can you tell us what the findings were? We also took on the VFI two year package except we are going to be present to do our own snagging. I have not heard from our Lawyer to date after seeing the pictures from Paul. We have lost a lot of earning potential this year on the clients that were ready to rent from us. The 500 euro a month of penalty from the builder would not cover a week. But the season is ending and we can only press on for 100% completion to make up for this years loss. David

Report this post
PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 8:26 pm 

we have just sent an email to our solicitor - saying that we are not happy that the grounds etc are not completed - as they are pushing for people to complete who already have mortgages in place - our argument is why complete when the site is not finished. we sent the email on Monday but have not yet received a reply back. Once i get this i will share any further information with everybody.

I agree that we should not complete until the whole development is finished. Thanks to everyone for recommendations for snagging - i will contact the people recommended to organise.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm 

beynon wrote:
auto11toj wrote:
eviegardner wrote:

Hi Eviegardner,

Alan can you tell us what the findings were? We also took on the VFI two year package except we are going to be present to do our own snagging. I have not heard from our Lawyer to date after seeing the pictures from Paul. We have lost a lot of earning potential this year on the clients that were ready to rent from us. The 500 euro a month of penalty from the builder would not cover a week. But the season is ending and we can only press on for 100% completion to make up for this years loss. David

Hi David,
we requested to be present when the snagging was to be done, but up until yesterday we have heard nothing from VFI since May. Findings were mionor things such as doors catching, over paint removal, stickers on windows to be removed & cleaned & so on ! We paid for air con units to be fitted last year, and they are still not fitted, we were told this is for security reasons, incase they are stolen ! Fills you with confidence ! We feel the same as you regarding the loss of earnings, the longer we can delay paying the mortgage this year the better, & our contract does state that the site should be complete as a whole. When does our 2 year management scheme start ? from the snagging date or from when we paid for it ? as we are not getting much for our money this year are we !! Alan.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 10th, 2010, 7:06 pm 

Hi there, i was just wondering if anyone has completed what percentage of the purchase price the VAT/IVA was. I had originally been told 10% and 2% notary, but i have not seen anything confirmed.

I will also be waiting until the grounds/landscaping is finished, as i have read too many horror stories to complete now

Report this post
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2010, 9:33 am 

Hi everyone, we are buying a penthouse at PBC. Is anyone using L'Abbate law firm ?
Serge.

Report this post