A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: La Brezza
PostPosted: July 17th, 2009, 8:43 pm 

I know that the site is not completed yet and that the builder is currently paying electric etc. but does anyone know how much the service charge is likely to be for the site on completion?

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: La Brezza
PostPosted: July 17th, 2009, 9:18 pm 

Randomguy,

There is a topic under Buying and selling, subheading: "Electricity connection charges". Have a look see. It seems to vary from place to place, but gives you a guestimate.

I hope all that ...getting connected....is easier for you. I am still trying to find out how to and have been told given several scenarios thus far! Right now the builder is responsible and the Enel company will not let me register because it's in his name...go figure :?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 18th, 2009, 7:52 pm 

Sorry I didn't mean electrical connection charges I meant the service charge for building/grounds maintainance pool cleaning etc. I presume that there will be one? if so does anyone know how much it is likely to be?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 18th, 2009, 7:52 pm 

Sorry I didn't mean electrical connection charges I meant the service charge for building/grounds maintainance pool cleaning etc. I presume that there will be one? if so does anyone know how much it is likely to be?

Report this post
PostPosted: July 21st, 2009, 9:53 am 

I dont think anyone knows that at the moment, in which block have you bought? A few people are up there may be they will find out. I am there from the 14th of August, I will try and find out.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 21st, 2009, 8:22 pm 

None as yet but have been offered an apartment in block B as an alternative to what I originally bought havn't decided wether or not to take it yet just looking in to a few things

Report this post
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2009, 10:29 am 

hi .
could you please send any info as to how to get in touch with the builder
for san salvador as no one has been in touch with me to tell me anything
and i do not want to wait another year and half we could have built a whole city in the time this has taken...

Report this post
PostPosted: August 9th, 2009, 4:31 pm 

Couldn't agree more and after careful consideration have decided not to except their offer of moving to La Brezza from San Salvador am now giving careful thought as to my what to do next as I do not want to wait untill March 2011 for San Salvador to be completed as several dates for completion I have been given have already been and gone what further delays to this site will occur?

Report this post
PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 6:51 pm 

Hi - we're looking for information about La Brezza as it's new to us so would appreciate anything anyone can tell us about the development.
To cut a long story short, we were going to buy on the East coast but things went pear-shaped. We asked for our money back and have now been offered a choice of 2 apartments at La Brezza.
We are told by Bella Calabria that the development has already been completed and we can complete right away on either apartment. Obviously they want to hang on to our money but we are not sure whether they can be trusted after our experience in the east.
The apartments are F1 and E2 if that's any help to anyone.
Many thanks.
Rob and Elaine

Report this post
PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 10:08 pm 

roblaine wrote:
Hi - we're looking for information about La Brezza as it's new to us so would appreciate anything anyone can tell us about the development.
To cut a long story short, we were going to buy on the East coast but things went pear-shaped. We asked for our money back and have now been offered a choice of 2 apartments at La Brezza.
We are told by Bella Calabria that the development has already been completed and we can complete right away on either apartment. Obviously they want to hang on to our money but we are not sure whether they can be trusted after our experience in the east.
Many thanks.
Rob and Elaine

Hi Rob and Elaine
We bought an apartment at labrezza two years ago and we are very happy with it . Its in a lovely area beside the beach and only ten mins from the airport Hope this helps a little and wish you luck .James and Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 9:27 am 

Hi Rob & Elaine,

After completing a number of snags on the La Brezza development, my personal and unbiased opinion is that it is a good investment.

The quality of work is excellent, there are very little items make it onto any of my snagging reports.

Out of your 2 choices being offered to you F1 & E2, I would probably go for F1, if my memory is correct this is second from the top and is right at the front with amazing sea views and its closer to the pool. Of course you would have to double check this, but I have completed snags on other apartments with different alpha characters, but with the same numerical character and they all were to the front and on the second floor from the top.
The apartment you mention I think is also a 2 bed 2 bath, which is a decent sized apartment. The kitchen/dining room is a large size with a very spacious balcony off that.

The pool and landscaping of the gardens has yet to be completed.
When visiting the site we got to speak to other home owners there and they all seem very happy with their purchase.

The distance to the beach is only minutes away, under a small tunnel under the rail tracks, the beach is endless and the sea water there is beautiful.
Also, you are only minutes from the airport, Falerna and Lamezia.
Further along the coast you have Amanthea, San Lucido, Paolo and many more coastal towns.

The potential for rental there is excellent, especially if you were looking for long term tenants, there is a large number of Italian owners and tenants on site already.

I tried to pm you this information, but it still seems to not be working.
Also, if you look back on this thread you will see some photos I posted.
If you want I can send you some more photos and also some internal pictures of some apartments.

Hope this info helps, if I think of any more snippets of information, I will keep you posted. Good luck with your decision.
Best wishes
Paul
paulmdonnell@hotmail.com
roblaine wrote:
Many thanks.
Rob and Elaine

Report this post
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 2:30 pm 

I couldnt agree more with Paul.
I have also bought in La Brezza, as far as I know who ever's bought in La Brezza are happy.
What block is this apartment in?
Simu

Report this post
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 2:34 pm 
You are being offered what presumably is a completed apartment in a nice area, with rental potential.

Bella Calabria - not usually known to willingly hand back funds. They may offer it, but do you know how long it will take you to receive it?

I believe others are still waiting for their cash.

I know what I would do, better to take a property, at least it is a tangible asset and you could sell it on.

Report this post

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 2:45 pm 

Rosalind wrote:
You are being offered what presumably is a completed apartment in a nice area, with rental potential.

Bella Calabria - not usually known to willingly hand back funds. They may offer it, but do you know how long it will take you to receive it?

I believe others are still waiting for their cash.

I know what I would do, better to take a property, at least it is a tangible asset and you could sell it on.

Rosalind you are right, going through courts is not easy & BC in their own way are trying to help people at least not like IC.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 4:20 pm 

Hi Rob and Elaine,
I have included a site plan of the layout of La Brezza.
From the site plan normally you would assume that after block E, there would be block F, it seems not to be the situation in this case.
So I am slightly doubling back on my words of recommendation.
I would be more inclined to go with your option of taking block E2 rather than F1, that is of course if this map is correct.
If you were to go with F1, that is at the very entrance to the development and you would have cars coming in and out which may cause a disturbance.
E2 would be the better option in my opinion.
Sorry but when I posted the earlier post, I thought block F was directly after block E (silly me for presuming).
I will be visiting the site next Monday to organise another snag for a client, so I will post up to date photos for you, showcasing each block, if that helps.
Best regards,
Paul
Attachment:
la brezza map smaller.jpg
la brezza map smaller.jpg [ 45.46 KiB | Viewed 2566 times ]

Report this post
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 6:31 pm 

Many thanks to everyone who has replied - it's really useful to have the information and to know these apartments actually exist!

We have found a plan on a website that indicates the block nearest the swimming pool and gardens is Block G. No matter, really, as (now we've looked properly at the information BC sent) the apartments we are being offered are in Block A. Apartment E2, two beds, is on the 'ground' floor and F1, one bed, is on the second floor. Can anyone tell us whether we'd get the sun on the balcony and, if so, during what part of the day and for how long? Also, is there any/much noise from the airport? Sorry about the extra questions - this forum seems more trustworthy than the developers!

If we decide we're really interested we'll talk to BC about an inspection trip. Not even they would expect us to buy from an e-mail, would they? Have Ryanair withdrawn their flights to Lamezia as we can't find any in the winter?

Report this post
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 10:02 pm 

roblaine wrote:
Many thanks to everyone who has replied - it's really useful to have the information and to know these apartments actually exist!

We have found a plan on a website that indicates the block nearest the swimming pool and gardens is Block G. No matter, really, as (now we've looked properly at the information BC sent) the apartments we are being offered are in Block A. Apartment E2, two beds, is on the 'ground' floor and F1, one bed, is on the second floor. Can anyone tell us whether we'd get the sun on the balcony and, if so, during what part of the day and for how long? Also, is there any/much noise from the airport? Sorry about the extra questions - this forum seems more trustworthy than the developers!

If we decide we're really interested we'll talk to BC about an inspection trip. Not even they would expect us to buy from an e-mail, would they? Have Ryanair withdrawn their flights to Lamezia as we can't find any in the winter?

We are in block b on the second floor and we get a lot of sun on the balcony
Paul is right the balconys are large so i am sure you would get a lot of sun even on the ground fioor. their is no noise from the airport .you will have to go and see for your self but in our opinion it would be a good choice. I fully agree with what Paul said about it.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 11:54 pm 

Thanks James,

Rob & Elaine the site is very open, not closed in, in any way. It gets the sun in most aspects throughout the day. Yes, it is close to the airport, but not close enough to hear planes flying in and out.
For a lot of people, getting to Calabria can mean a minimum of 2 flights, the last thing people need is a 1 or 2 hour drive to their desired location after a long flight, you are just minutes from the airport.

I've been to a lot of sites and this is definitely one of my favourites, I think it is a great investment opportunity.
On saying that, I do believe anyone purchasing an apartment/house in Calabria has made the right decision, there are very few places you can purchase in Europe where I personally feel you can get a good return for your money.

Rob & Elaine, what you need to do, is visit the development and see for yourself. I think you will be pleasantly surprised and happy with the end result, plus you have some great neighbours.

Wishing you the best in your decision.
Best wishes
Paul

james bryce wrote:
roblaine wrote:

Paul is right the balconys are large so i am sure you would get a lot of sun even on the ground fioor. their is no noise from the airport .you will have to go and see for your self but in our opinion it would be a good choice. I fully agree with what Paul said about it.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 4th, 2009, 5:46 pm 

paulmdonnell wrote:
Thanks James,

Rob & Elaine the site is very open, not closed in, in any way. It gets the sun in most aspects throughout the day. Yes, it is close to the airport, but not close enough to hear planes flying in and out.
For a lot of people, getting to Calabria can mean a minimum of 2 flights, the last thing people need is a 1 or 2 hour drive to their desired location after a long flight, you are just minutes from the airport.

I've been to a lot of sites and this is definitely one of my favourites, I think it is a great investment opportunity.
On saying that, I do believe anyone purchasing an apartment/house in Calabria has made the right decision, there are very few places you can purchase in Europe where I personally feel you can get a good return for your money.

Rob & Elaine, what you need to do, is visit the development and see for yourself. I think you will be pleasantly surprised and happy with the end result, plus you have some great neighbours.

Wishing you the best in your decision.
Best wishes
Paul

james bryce wrote:
roblaine wrote:

Hi ALL
Some very encouraging comments regarding this development!
I am flying out shortly to discuss alternative proposals should this development be offered to me could someone advise me on the price range for these appartments and the website to view site plans

Many Thanks
Johny

Report this post
PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 12:39 pm 

Hi Rob and Elaine,

We have an apartment in La Brezza, in Block B. We really love it. The beach is 200 yards away and all the people we have met there are very friendly.

Block E will be closer to the pool, which by the way is now being relocated. It was planned to be closer to the motorway, but now the builder has realised that there will be more hours of sunshine around the pool if it is located coser to the railway line.

Joan
roblaine wrote:
Many thanks.
Rob and Elaine
Attachment:
file.jpg
file.jpg [ 12.98 KiB | Viewed 3429 times ]

Last edited by Joan on September 8th, 2009, 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 12:44 pm 

Hi There,

Block A will get a lot of sun because there are no apartments in front of them.
Dont know if you live in Ireland or England, but you can fly to Rome or Naples and take the train down to Lamezia. The train takes 5 hours from Rome and 3 hours from Naples.

If you're travelling from Ireland, there are numerous ways to go, but you need to take 2 flights, except during the summer when you can fly from Dublin to Naples.

Also check out the website calabria.ning there a quite a lot of people on that forum who have bought in La Brezza.

Joan

roblaine wrote:

Report this post
PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 3:50 pm 

Hi guys,
These photos were taken yesterday lunch time of La Brezza.
The first photo shows the beach, there were a number of guys kite surfing, it looked amazing, I'm currently googling trying to find out where I can purchase one of these. I really want to get into water sports over here, great way to keep fit.
Also below there is a link which will bring you to a slideshow of over 50 photos taken.
Regards,
Paul

http://www.slide.com/r/TPtO4lOC2D_xvdqU ... w=original

Attachment:
06-09-2009 23-03-09_0013.JPG
06-09-2009 23-03-09_0013.JPG [ 58.61 KiB | Viewed 3360 times ]
Attachment:
07-09-2009 00-30-10_0059.JPG
07-09-2009 00-30-10_0059.JPG [ 37.82 KiB | Viewed 3355 times ]
Attachment:
06-09-2009 23-00-30_0003.JPG
06-09-2009 23-00-30_0003.JPG [ 62.67 KiB | Viewed 3357 times ]
Attachment:
06-09-2009 23-04-46_0017.JPG
06-09-2009 23-04-46_0017.JPG [ 55.96 KiB | Viewed 3358 times ]

Attachments:
06-09-2009 23-06-04_0022.JPG
06-09-2009 23-06-04_0022.JPG [ 51.09 KiB | Viewed 3358 times ]
Report this post
PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 8:43 pm 

paulmdonnell wrote:
Hi guys,
The first photo shows the beach, there were a number of guys kite surfing, it looked amazing, I'm currently googling trying to find out where I can purchase one of these. I really want to get into water sports over here, great way to keep fit.
Also below there is a link which will bring you to a slideshow of over 50 photos taken.
Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul
The Photos are great the beach looks lovely cant wait to go over in oct
we are flying dublin to rome and takeing a train down to lamezia ,hope that works out .
Attachment:
Attachment:
Attachment:
Attachment:

Report this post
PostPosted: September 9th, 2009, 11:23 am 

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the slide show, its good.
Any idea when the pool etc will be done?
Simu

Report this post
PostPosted: October 8th, 2009, 9:51 am 

Hello Rob and Elaine,

We are now in a similer situation to you, having put down a deposit on a flat on the east coast, we have been given the oppourtunity to move it to one at la breeza.

After reading your blog we are wondering if you chose to go ahead with La Brezza and how you found it, we are not sure about the area it looks quite remote and would appreciate any advice or info you have to offer.

Many thanks,

Alice.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 10th, 2009, 8:51 am 

Hi Alice

We decided not to go ahead with La Brezza in the end, for a variety of reasons. Whilst the comments on here are re-assuring, we read somewhere (can't remember where) that there was noise from the railway. We don't know if that's true - maybe someone on here could comment? Also, we prefer the east coast.

Obviously, it's difficult if not impossible to judge without visiting the site and we've not been in a position to do that.

Bella Calabria keep suggesting places on the east coast but none so far tick all the boxes.

We were buying in Bergamotto II in Gioiosa Jonica originally; where were you buying?

Regards.

Rob and Elaine

Report this post
PostPosted: October 10th, 2009, 1:51 pm 

Hello Rob and Elaine!

Re: La Brezza - we had a look at it in March 2007 and decided against buying partly because of the noise from the railway, which is very close to the buildings at the sea end. In the 45 minutes or so we were there two trains went by, one a heavy goods train, and the noise was just deafening. Perhaps it is for this reason that the apartment balconies, even those at the sea end of the blocks, face towards the adjacent block and not towards the sea. There is, however, a view of the sea from one side of the balconies. The motorway is also just behind the complex. Noise from the airport did not seem to be any problem. The rather unattractive beach is accessed under a narrow tunnel beneath the railway and across a local road. It is probably because of its location that La Brezza, in terms of the accommodation offered, represents perhaps the best value for money (euros per square metre) of any new properties that we saw in Calabria.

I would say that if you don't want to drive far from Lamezia airport then La Brezza is very close, and in general the west coast of Calabria is far more scenic than the east coast. Have you looked at the best area of all in Calabria - i.e. the "Coast of the Gods" from Briatico down to Nicotera, which includes Capo Vaticano and Tropea (about an hour's drive from the airport)? I have to confess to an interest here (not commercial in any way) as we eventually bought an apartment at Villagio Marasusa overlooking Tropea and the Aeolian Islands (notably Stromboli), where the sunsets are simply staggeringly beautiful. There are still some properties there for sale, and not just those promoted by InCalabria. Worth a look even if you don't buy - the view is free!

All best wishes - Richard

Report this post
PostPosted: October 14th, 2009, 7:35 pm 

Hi all, I am new to this forum so bear with me if the question has been asked before! I completed on a two bed apt on La Brezza in December 08(eventually!!) using the G&L POA to sign. I visited in June only to find no kitchen or water heater, I have been told by Bella Calabria that unfortunately they can no longer provide these and I will have to pay to have them installed! I have now today received a bill for 1150 euros from Bella Calabria for water and electricity meters they say they have paid for on my behalf some time ago. Has anyone else had any knowledge of this? As far as I was concerned when I completed I paid for all my facilities icluding the water and electricity connection?

Any replies gratefully received

Report this post
PostPosted: October 15th, 2009, 2:21 pm 

Hi Alice,

We have bought in La Brezza, and really love it there. Regarding the railway line and noise from the trains, At the moment, the trains can be quite noisey, but funny, you get used to it and dont hear them after a while.

The builder will be putting up a sound barrier, and that will reduce the noise a great deal.

There will be access to the beach from the complex under a new bridge, which will do away with the access that is used at the moment.

The beach is lovely, and has a few beach bars on it in june, july and August.

Joan
Graveney wrote:
Hello Rob and Elaine,

We are now in a similer situation to you, having put down a deposit on a flat on the east coast, we have been given the oppourtunity to move it to one at la breeza.

After reading your blog we are wondering if you chose to go ahead with La Brezza and how you found it, we are not sure about the area it looks quite remote and would appreciate any advice or info you have to offer.

Many thanks,

Alice.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 15th, 2009, 4:50 pm 

Re the kite surfing there is a school for this amazing sport, I think from memory its near Reggio Calabria, or if thats too far we have one here between Crotone and Gabella on the east coast.

Regards

David

paulmdonnell wrote:
Hi guys,
Regards,
Paul

Attachment:
Attachment:
Attachment:
Attachment:

Report this post
PostPosted: October 15th, 2009, 7:20 pm 

I spent an afternoon- 4 hours -on the beach at gizzeria Lido- enforced by siesta closing at mercatony which I had found after 1 hour drive and 1 hour searching deserted roads -so I was not leaving until I shopped for things I had seen on my last visit.
I found the shop eventually with help from a lady who actually drove me dragging her petulant 3 year old to do so
I had lunch at a beach restaurant where there was a kite surfing school
I was treated like royalty and lo chef organised a lawyer who was kite surfing to ask me in english was all okay and they insisted I stay there until 5 pm when the shop opened.
I think this is where la brezza is ? So for me it was a positive experience and the people were lovely and very helpful :D
The beach is okay and there is a nice promenade to santer along .I enjoyed ice cream and purchased my lights ,curtain rails and bathroom acessories in mercatony
The assistants fell over themselves to help me, one guy insisted on carrying everything for me to the car .A very nice afternoon and kite surfing looks like great fun maybe this will help you with the decisions on La brezza
Pamela

Report this post
PostPosted: January 4th, 2010, 8:25 am 

pamela wrote:
I spent an afternoon- 4 hours -on the beach at gizzeria Lido- enforced by siesta closing at mercatony which I had found after 1 hour drive and 1 hour searching deserted roads -so I was not leaving until I shopped for things I had seen on my last visit.
I found the shop eventually with help from a lady who actually drove me dragging her petulant 3 year old to do so
I had lunch at a beach restaurant where there was a kite surfing school
I was treated like royalty and lo chef organised a lawyer who was kite surfing to ask me in english was all okay and they insisted I stay there until 5 pm when the shop opened.
I think this is where la brezza is ? So for me it was a positive experience and the people were lovely and very helpful :D
The beach is okay and there is a nice promenade to santer along .I enjoyed ice cream and purchased my lights ,curtain rails and bathroom acessories in mercatony
The assistants fell over themselves to help me, one guy insisted on carrying everything for me to the car .A very nice afternoon and kite surfing looks like great fun maybe this will help you with the decisions on La brezza
Pamela

Hi Pamela,
You are so right about the people here. They're so helpful, even tho the language is a problem, (I dont speak much italian).. I also shopped in Mercatone, and was lucky to find an english speaking assistant, who helped me find everything I needed.

The Kite surfing school is brilliant and not too expensive at all.

La Brezza complex is about a 5 minute drive from the kite school in Gizzeria Lido taking the ss18 towards Falerna marina

Joan

Report this post
PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 3:27 am 

Hi all,

For those that might be intrested.

Here is a link to club the ...http://www.hangloosebeach.it/home.html

Its ran by a friend of the family........The whole thing is a ruddy good laugh, although "knackaring", you defiantly get a good nights kip and might/will be a bit stiff the following day!, hay ho, all the fun of the fair!
You can also get "Jet bikes" and "windsurfing" further up on the same beach.

Regards

Mark
http://www.calabriaservices.com/

Report this post
PostPosted: January 5th, 2010, 10:23 am 

Mark, your avatar made me smile, I want one drinking champagne!

Report this post
PostPosted: October 7th, 2010, 5:42 pm 

photos... how can I resize them please??

Report this post