A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2009, 10:12 pm 

Any one got any up to date info on Collina Marina in Vibo Marina a small development near the Irish pub . ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Report this post
PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 1:05 pm 

Hi

My husband and I have bought an apartment at Collina Marina, as well as some friends of ours. We are getting conflicting messages as to when the property will be finished from mid July to mid September. MRI are of no help at all. I think we will go over at beggining of June (although this probably wont be much help)

Have you got any more news?

Rachel

Report this post
PostPosted: May 17th, 2009, 3:08 pm 

nothing other than the pictures you got on vibo voice chris, have you pointed rachel to them. :?:

Report this post
PostPosted: May 25th, 2009, 4:27 pm 

Sorry for delay
teenager going to Africa and teenager doing exams taking up my time!!
No I have no further news on this development other than the pictures on Vibo Voice (Thanks to Paul) and my lawyers (Martinez-Echcvarria)saying they will contact me when things are ready!! No plans to travel over yet

Report this post
PostPosted: May 27th, 2009, 3:23 pm 

My husband and I are getting all sorts of information saying completion is fron end July - mid Sept. MRI are not being very helpful. I received an email back from the builder saying the apartments are ready at the end of July, although the lawyer has said they will be ready later. The builder has sent me photographs and they look nealy ready although he will need to get a habitation licence.

We are going over on 12th June with friends who have also bought an apartment there.

Report this post
PostPosted: May 28th, 2009, 5:10 pm 

Rachel I have sent a pm message to you with my email address. Hoping you could send me the builders email and photos.

Thanks
Chris

Report this post
PostPosted: May 29th, 2009, 11:07 am 

Hi Chris

Have not received the pm, have sent you one with my emai address. I can then forward pictures and messages.

Rachel

Report this post
PostPosted: June 16th, 2009, 1:26 am 

Hi Chris and Rachal,

Mary and I (Sean) are from Dublin, Ireland and we are also buying in Collina Marina. MRI are gone from the entire area so are no good. We were contacted by another company offering to do the property management which I think looks promising. We have been doing business with Calabrian Invest (who also publish Vibo Voice) at another property and intend furnishing and renting via this company. I was over there in Jan and Mary was there in Mar and Collina Marina was developing nicely.

We have retained the lawyers and finance company we made contact with via MRI - they worked very well on our first property last year. Barclays are the only real option for a mortgage in Calabria and your're correct about the 80%. We're in the process of sending the usual documentation to complete the mortgage process. We could start the process when the habitation licence was granted which was about a month ago. We've been told the property will be ready in August by our lawyers.

Just join up on this forum - hope to stay in contact as developments happen in the next few months.

Rgds,
Sean & Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: June 16th, 2009, 4:44 pm 

hi sean and mary
can i ask do you fly to england how do you get to calabria we bought a apartment meant to be finished in oct
LYONSCARTON wrote:
Hi Chris and Rachal,

Mary and I (Sean) are from Dublin, Ireland and we are also buying in Collina Marina. MRI are gone from the entire area so are no good. We were contacted by another company offering to do the property management which I think looks promising. We have been doing business with Calabrian Invest (who also publish Vibo Voice) at another property and intend furnishing and renting via this company. I was over there in Jan and Mary was there in Mar and Collina Marina was developing nicely.

We have retained the lawyers and finance company we made contact with via MRI - they worked very well on our first property last year. Barclays are the only real option for a mortgage in Calabria and your're correct about the 80%. We're in the process of sending the usual documentation to complete the mortgage process. We could start the process when the habitation licence was granted which was about a month ago. We've been told the property will be ready in August by our lawyers.

Just join up on this forum - hope to stay in contact as developments happen in the next few months.

Rgds,
Sean & Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 12:17 am 

Hi Lis051,

We fly (Ryanair) dublin-stansted-lamezia which means an overnight in stansted on the way out. We've since seen dublin-dussledorf-lamezia and diblin-bergmno-lamezia so we might try these in the future. There is also the Dublin-Naples (AerLingus) and train to Lamezia.

Rgds,
Sean (&Mary)

Report this post
PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 12:34 am 

Folks,

There is another discussion under Welcome to the Calabrian Homes forum called "Collina Marina". Can these be combined as we'll have to stick togehter over the next few months as the development nears completion or can the Collina Marina owners agree to use one of the discussions only ?

Sean & Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2009, 5:32 pm 

Hi

My husband and I, along with 2 friends who are also buying in Collina Marina went to Clabria last weekend. The development is coming on nicely, although no sign of the pool yet. I asked the builder about this (he does not speak very good english and I dont speak very good italian) he said the pool will be started soon. The builder said the development will be finished the end of July, but as everything comes to a standstill in August, I dont expect it will be readyuntil August.

We went to see the people from Calabrian Invest, they were very helpful. They took us to see an apartment they had furnished. We will get our kitchens from them and do our rentals through them, but we saw the same furniture they were offering in a store and it was a lot cheaper, so will probably get the furniture ourselves.

Rachel

Report this post
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2009, 5:32 pm 

Hi

My husband and I, along with 2 friends who are also buying in Collina Marina went to Clabria last weekend. The development is coming on nicely, although no sign of the pool yet. I asked the builder about this (he does not speak very good english and I dont speak very good italian) he said the pool will be started soon. The builder said the development will be finished the end of July, but as everything comes to a standstill in August, I dont expect it will be readyuntil August.

We went to see the people from Calabrian Invest, they were very helpful. They took us to see an apartment they had furnished. We will get our kitchens from them and do our rentals through them, but we saw the same furniture they were offering in a store and it was a lot cheaper, so will probably get the furniture ourselves.

Rachel

Report this post
PostPosted: June 22nd, 2009, 11:53 pm 

Thanks Rachal for the update. I agree with you re August but in my experience you're probably looking at later in the year.

From this forum I've identified the following owners of apartments in Collina Marina:- Rachal & hubby (plus 2 friends); Cris; Groundhog; jascott and ourselves (LYONSCARTON) better known as Mary & Sean. Thats 6 out of 19 apartments. Have I missed anybody ? Does anyone know if they are all sold ? I notice adverts for the complex on some Italian property sites; looking for €200k plus I might add. As I said before we'll all have to complete our own purchase transactions but when (or if) we stay the course we'll need each other to complete the work of getting the complex up and running.

Mary & Sean

Report this post
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2009, 12:41 pm 

Hi Mary & Sean,
I have just sent you a pm, if you do not receive it, then you can contact myself, Paul McDonnell at paulmdonnell@hotmail.com.
Best wishes
Paul (Cork)

Report this post
PostPosted: June 26th, 2009, 3:55 pm 

Hi

Just to let you know jascott is Jim and Sue Scott (our friends who came with us to Calabria)

Also we have changed our Lawyer as we did not think MRI's lawyer were working very well for us.

Rachel

Report this post
PostPosted: July 15th, 2009, 12:42 am 

Hi all,

Anyone hear anything more on developments at Collina Marina ?

Sean & Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: July 15th, 2009, 1:15 pm 

Hi

Our lawyer had told us the end of July for completion, but it does not look like it will happen. I have emailed my lawyer again and he said thet he will get back to me.

Rachel

Report this post
PostPosted: July 15th, 2009, 3:28 pm 

A lady called Lynne Carlton rang me on my home phone telling me my appartment would be ready mid sept and that her company 'solutions overseas' could sort all my problems relating to snagging, cleaning, marketing etc ( pinch of salt advised as the company is based in spain). What amazed me was she had more details than me about my completion given to her by MRI?? Lawyers?? Builders?? She was even kind enough to email me photos of (same as what Rachel sent me ). I contacted my lawyers in April and they responded saying I would hear from them in June. I haven't had any info since apart from Lynne and the Forum. Still sitting on the fence

Report this post
PostPosted: July 17th, 2009, 5:53 pm 

Hi

I have had an email from my lawyer today to say that completion will be in September. No exact date.

Rachel

Report this post
PostPosted: July 17th, 2009, 6:12 pm 

Chris
If you have a look on another forum called MRI-SG you will see some threads about this firm Overseas Solutions. People on that site have indicated links to MRI as they share the same offices it says. There is another one called Property Solutions Overseas which deny being MRI linked but are staffed by ex MRI people. They may be perfectly legitimate as people leaving MRI may do so for the right reasons but have a look at the other site first, it may help
Pete

Report this post
PostPosted: July 17th, 2009, 11:15 pm 

Thanks for that.
Looked at that forum today doesnnt make for happy reading. Not in a rush to sign anything with anyone ever again!!!

Report this post
PostPosted: July 19th, 2009, 12:26 am 

Solutions Overseas are definately related to MRI. We've spoken to Lynne Carlton before when she worked for MRI (last December) and when I argued that their furniture packs were overpriced at €10k for a 1 bed apartment she got very aggressive. She also said that to get on their rental package we'd have to have their furniture. Not a nice experience so I would advise people to tread carefully with this so called new company. Their address is the same as MRI in Marbella.

Having said that we may have problems with setting up a condo management company without engaging with Solutions Overseas as they will have all the details that MRI had regarding owners. We'll need half the owners plus one before we set one up and without sucha a company we'll have difficulty renting as the common and pool areas will need maintenance. So while I say be careful I wouldn't cut all ties yet !!!!

Sean & Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: September 13th, 2009, 11:09 pm 

Collina Marina colleagues,

We have been contacted by our italian solicitor and financial advisor saying the developer is ready to conclude and wants to finalise in Oct/Nov. Has anyone else been contacted with this timescale? Has anyone conducted a snagging check or been on site recently?

Sean & Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: September 14th, 2009, 4:42 pm 

Yes we have had an email today from MRI (first I have heard from them for a long time) saying the apartments are nearly ready. We have contacted our lawyer and he is arranging a surveyer to do the snagging for us.

We will need to set up a condominium, but will need others from our block to get together. I have heard that if the builder arranges it, it will be very expensive.
Rachel

Report this post
PostPosted: September 15th, 2009, 9:43 am 

Since I last posted we have received that MRI letter from Dean Masters with pictures of the development. We are also arranging snagging. We might touch base when this is completed.

Agreed about condominium. We think we have an alternative. If people e-mail me on sean.lyons@welfare.ie I'll fill in the detail.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 15th, 2009, 11:01 am 

Out of curiosity, having seen your email address, you aren't the Sean Lyons who wrote a paper on paying for long term care about 10 years ago?

Report this post
PostPosted: October 1st, 2009, 12:45 am 

Short answer is no.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 1st, 2009, 9:07 am 

OK, thanks.

ps. Is the long answer different?

Report this post
PostPosted: October 15th, 2009, 12:16 am 

Sorry the long and the short answer is no.

Collina Marina colleagues
Things seem to be moving a pace in Collina Marina - is everyone connected with this forum proceeding - some have not been in contact for some time. Anyone going over in the near future?

Report this post
PostPosted: October 15th, 2009, 12:29 am 

Hi folks,
I'm off to do a snag there tomorrow morning at 10:30am, I will take some photos for you all and post them for you.
Regards,
Paul

Report this post
PostPosted: October 15th, 2009, 12:52 pm 

Hi folks,
As promised I have attached some photos of Collina Marins, which were taken this morning. I met Mr.Nasso and he kindly showed me around the development.
If anyone requires more photos then drop me a line at paulmdonnell@hotmail.com and I will email them onto you, its easier than having to upload them all.
Thanks Paul
P.S. What is the atmosphere like in Tato's Irish pub during the summer, any live bands playing there?

Attachment:
14-10-2009 21-09-51_0048.JPG
14-10-2009 21-09-51_0048.JPG [ 41.93 KiB | Viewed 7300 times ]
Attachment:
14-10-2009 21-08-52_0046.JPG
14-10-2009 21-08-52_0046.JPG [ 72.57 KiB | Viewed 7299 times ]
Attachment:
14-10-2009 21-08-11_0042.JPG
14-10-2009 21-08-11_0042.JPG [ 56.35 KiB | Viewed 7292 times ]
Attachment:
14-10-2009 21-08-00_0040.JPG
14-10-2009 21-08-00_0040.JPG [ 49.29 KiB | Viewed 7291 times ]
Attachment:
14-10-2009 21-07-54_0039.JPG
14-10-2009 21-07-54_0039.JPG [ 40.07 KiB | Viewed 7291 times ]

Report this post
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2009, 4:30 pm 

Thanks for the pictures.
My husband and I are going to complete on the 6th November as we cannot go out before then.

Report this post
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2009, 1:12 am 

Folks,

Anyone got the documentation in the post for Collina Marina - seems to be a good few extras each around a couple of grand.

The builder seems to want to set up the management company himself. In many ways that suits everybody but I'm not sure it's standard practice as there's no competition and therefore no challange to his costs.

Sean & Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: November 10th, 2009, 1:07 am 

hi guys,

I know we're all at various stages of signing documents for Collina Marina and personally we can' wait until we're all meeting on the sun terraces or by the pool. But at this important time we should be keeping each other updated on events.

Personally we're waiting for word from Barclays - I know that Groundhog and others may say "how late can you be?" but we're hopeful !!!

Has anyone received and conducted business with the acclaimed replacements for MRI ?? Enough said. They claim to have tenants readly available on lease terms - anyone else got that ?

Given previous experience in Italy we'd prefer to see the pool and car park completed before we sign on the dotted line .....

Sean & Mary

Report this post
PostPosted: November 20th, 2009, 3:22 pm 

Hi folks,
We were down this morning in Collina Marina on behalf of a client who is completing next week.
As you can see from the pictures they are nearly finished the pool, guys working on it as we speak.
The car park is also completed.
It was a beautiful morning in Vibo Marina, I have attached a photo of the marina itself, lovely to sit out and to have a coffee and watch everyone about their business.
Best Regards,
Paul

Attachment:
19-11-2009 21-32-17_0001.JPG
19-11-2009 21-32-17_0001.JPG [ 63.61 KiB | Viewed 6810 times ]
Attachment:
19-11-2009 21-35-05_0009.JPG
19-11-2009 21-35-05_0009.JPG [ 83.7 KiB | Viewed 6808 times ]
Attachment:
19-11-2009 21-51-59_0018.JPG
19-11-2009 21-51-59_0018.JPG [ 42.48 KiB | Viewed 6806 times ]
Attachment:
19-11-2009 21-34-55_0008.JPG
19-11-2009 21-34-55_0008.JPG [ 53.63 KiB | Viewed 6805 times ]

Report this post
PostPosted: November 25th, 2009, 9:31 pm 

Paul
Certainly looks beautiful, especially at this time of year when we've just had 40 uninterrupted days of rain ! Is the builder, Mr Nasso, the same builder as for Santa Venere and La Marinate ?

Report this post
PostPosted: November 25th, 2009, 11:56 pm 

Hi Santav666,
I know Mr.Nasso is the same builder who is building Fioribello and I have heard that he is also involved in Santa Venere and La Marinate.
I only heard, I don't know how true that is though.
We have a fellow Irish man completing out here tomorrow on this development, I will make enquiries.
Regards,
Paul
SantaV666 wrote:
Paul
Certainly looks beautiful, especially at this time of year when we've just had 40 uninterrupted days of rain ! Is the builder, Mr Nasso, the same builder as for Santa Venere and La Marinate ?

Report this post
PostPosted: November 26th, 2009, 2:29 pm 

It's Geometra Naso, and he is the developer for those other sites too but I believe there are different construction firms involved.

Report this post
PostPosted: November 27th, 2009, 11:43 am 

hi
iv met signor naso,his first name is pietro and his son i think he was is agostino,the company is 3 diffrent developers under one called casa del sole,Geomtra means architect in italian which is why he called that,,they,ve done this one,colllina marina,san lucido,baia di mezzaluna,mine in process giardino mediterraneo,marinella,and sabbia di marinella........sv and le marinate are there 2 sites currently shut,,,,,and have more in pipeline,their office is in vibo valentia and
while there i asked around about them their company has a good name,and appears to be very solvent,,,,their standard of finishes is very good,and are still completing others even though 2 sites sequestered,,,,,fighting to over turn towns decision last time i spoke to him..........i went over in feb of this year when i heard about sv being closed mine hadnt even started,,,,its currently in breach but should be finished by feb,,,,hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report this post
PostPosted: November 27th, 2009, 2:39 pm 

Thanks to all for the update info. Whilst its encouraging that the company seem reputable, solvent and provide quality accommodation, in a way it just makes the SV and Marinate position even more disappointing. Trying to be positive though, if the sequestration ever gets sorted out, there's some comfort in knowing that, some time, there just might be the possibility of completion. Better to live in hope, than despair !

Report this post
PostPosted: January 26th, 2010, 11:36 pm 

Hi folks,
Just a few photos for you all, showing that they have now finished the pool in Collina Marina.
All the best,
Paul
Attachment:
25-01-2010 21-01-42_0001.JPG
25-01-2010 21-01-42_0001.JPG [ 74.13 KiB | Viewed 6360 times ]
Attachment:
25-01-2010 21-02-02_0002.JPG
25-01-2010 21-02-02_0002.JPG [ 54.47 KiB | Viewed 6360 times ]
Attachment:
25-01-2010 21-50-15_0029.JPG
25-01-2010 21-50-15_0029.JPG [ 61.82 KiB | Viewed 6360 times ]
Attachment:
25-01-2010 21-55-46_0044.JPG
25-01-2010 21-55-46_0044.JPG [ 58.42 KiB | Viewed 6360 times ]

Report this post
PostPosted: April 18th, 2010, 11:17 pm 

Hi folks,

We were down at Collina Marina today inspecting some of our clients properties and there is one apartment with the windows and doors opened. The Italian neighbours who are on the same level of this apartment and are looking directly in at the apartment from their window, told us that the wind is blowing in the windows and they are afraid that they may blow in against the interior walls and break.

So if anyone knows the owner of this apartment can someone please try and make contact with them and make them aware of this.

The apartment is on the second floor on the corner of the building with views of the pool i.e. looking in at the main entrance of the complex, the apartment is to your right.

Many thanks,
Paul

Report this post
PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 7:22 pm 

Hi Paul
We met at Collina Marina when you were showing a couple the furniture you supplied in one of the apartments that will be rented out. I was staying there with my husband.

I dont know if you are aware that we dont have a proper electric supply at Collina Marina, there is only a lead that goes to the electric box the other side of the gate This results in the electric tripping all the time and we have to go down the stairs and out the gate to turn it back on, it will be impossible to have to apartments being used at the same time. I have contacted the builder on 2 occasions and he has said that it will be connected by the electric company shortly, but we still have no proper supply of electricity. W paid a large bill for the connections in January.

Have you heard of this happening before? I dont think it will be possible to come until it is connected as we will want to use the air conditioning. Also it will impossible for anyone to rent out thier apartment.

Report this post
PostPosted: May 12th, 2010, 9:27 pm 

Hi Rachel,

Yes I remember you both and we hope you are well.
We have been to Collina Marina twice this week to arrange lights etc; for a new client of ours, both trips we had no electricity.

We were speaking with Agostino today and he told us that in roughly 10 days time, Enel should be installing the meters, so from then on each owner can get connected to their own supply.

We also asked when would the swimming pool be filled, he said it would be dependent on when the condominium was setup, he told us that Prendo Casa may be organizing this. So we went to Prendo Casa's office today and asked about the condominium, they will be getting back to us, but said a decision probably wont be made until the end of May.

If you want us to help you organize connection under your own name in Enel, please send me an email at tom@calabriamanagementservices.com or paul@calabriamanagementservices.com.

All the best,
Paul

rachel wrote:
Hi Paul
We met at Collina Marina when you were showing a couple the furniture you supplied in one of the apartments that will be rented out. I was staying there with my husband.

I dont know if you are aware that we dont have a proper electric supply at Collina Marina, there is only a lead that goes to the electric box the other side of the gate This results in the electric tripping all the time and we have to go down the stairs and out the gate to turn it back on, it will be impossible to have to apartments being used at the same time. I have contacted the builder on 2 occasions and he has said that it will be connected by the electric company shortly, but we still have no proper supply of electricity. W paid a large bill for the connections in January.

Have you heard of this happening before? I dont think it will be possible to come until it is connected as we will want to use the air conditioning. Also it will impossible for anyone to rent out thier apartment.

Report this post
PostPosted: May 13th, 2010, 8:07 pm 

Hi Paul

Thanks, I have sent you an email

Many thanks Rachel

Report this post
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2010, 4:07 pm 

Hi,

Does anyone know of the name and address of a bed and breakfast near the Irish pub in Vibo Marina ?
and phone no if possible

thanks

Berni

Report this post