A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: September 28th, 2009, 7:58 pm 

still waiting mr buchan !!!

Report this post
PostPosted: September 30th, 2009, 9:32 am 

Presumably Studio Legale Giambrone will be accepting all instructions on a "No win no fee" basis... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Report this post
PostPosted: October 17th, 2009, 9:04 pm 

Grogdog
Unfortunately nothing has com through re Santa Venere, although I did pick up that the builder seems to be looking for a four or five month wait, to resolve issues. Do you know if that means there has been an outcome to the recent court case ?
Regards

Report this post
PostPosted: October 25th, 2009, 9:12 am 
Just picked up these snippets of possible use to forum members

Darragh MacAnthony MRI, he is chairman of Peterborough Football Club, leaving hundreds stranded in Italy and elsewhere with no hope of a property being built

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/posh ... 5719204.jp

The article refers to him as a 'genial irishman' - not what some of his clients are calling him.

http://www.edwincoe.com/CalabrianProper ... efault.asp

Report this post

PostPosted: November 11th, 2009, 8:08 pm 

I received an email from Martinez lawyers today about taking legal action to recover the deposits. However 7200 euro does seem steep if this is a group action.
Has anyone sought out other legal advice or representation?

Report this post
PostPosted: November 11th, 2009, 9:47 pm 

hi boffy , i am sending you a pm with my e mail address , i urge you to contact me asap .

Report this post
PostPosted: November 12th, 2009, 1:24 am 

Before embarking on litigation seeking the retrieval of deposits, consider this as an observation:

- The appointment of a legal team: instructing a Calabrian lawyer would be the equivalent of instructing your local village UK solicitor to sue Exxon (they could manage to write a will and convey a property but that is about it). I’ll wager that they would fail. You would need to instruct a firm with corporate law experience and with international stretch.

- As has been alluded to before in previous posts, even if successful, would the “well be dry” – no assets or cash or defendant files for bankruptcy – in which case, other than an amusing self-gratification, it provides little other reward (in fact, the result is you are further out-of-pocket). Further, satisfaction is short lived as said defendant restarts soon after with new name and new money. You need to make sure there is money in the pot that you might claim.

- In the US there is a well proven procedure (with high levels of success for rightful cases), in the UK it is in-place but onerous on the plaintiff and with weak asset discovery (something to do with human-rights apparently), moreover in Italy, I fear, you face a corrupt system sprinkled with incompetence.

- Notwithstanding, your legal firm should at least take the following steps (or the Italian equivalent) prior to a writ fest. These steps developed for anti-money laundering cases and now adopted in cases of fraud, and I understand there are EU equivalents:
a) Pre-emptive and pre-judgment asset search, discovery and seizure, b) subpoena for voluntary disclosure, c) application to sequestrate assets in principle. Asset discovery is conducted by private agencies and your corporate law firm will have their associates, and includes discovery of bank accounts (worldwide) and hard-assets not only in the name of the company and directors, but family and associates. They will track transfers of assets and the subsequent holders of those assets.

- In most cases (in US), after those steps the obligor usually settles (assuming any assets were found), or you are able to quit before further expenditure in the knowledge that any potential win would have lacked a reward.

The recent post quoting €7200 would never cover those costs (unless that was per party in a group action of at least 10). I suspect it represents a half-hearted poke-in-the-dark, or the first instalment of many. Be wary of lawyers bearing gifts, particularly if it is only the promise of a gift.

Report this post
PostPosted: November 25th, 2009, 2:19 pm 

Will - I've sent you an IM with my email address - I'm interested in participating in group action to recover lost deposit on Santa Venere.

Report this post
PostPosted: November 25th, 2009, 9:03 pm 
I hope no one bought a furniture package from this lot,worth reading some of the comments the scale of this scandal becomes more and more clear.

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigation ... re-fr.html

Report this post

PostPosted: January 13th, 2010, 11:06 pm 

I have been speaking to a business journalist from a major Irish daily newspaper, which also has a strong interet presence, re the antics of MRI in relation to my own situation, and many others. The journalist is keen to investigate further and would be happy to receive details of other people's experience. Obviously it woud be better if people were happy to be named and quoted, but anonymity would be respected if preferred. Also these wouldnt have to be from Irish purchasers (North or South), anybody who has been stung by said company would be a helpful contributor. If pm is working, anyone who would like the journalists contact details should contact me and I'll forward them, rather than post their details here.

Report this post
PostPosted: February 10th, 2010, 10:02 am 

Hi
Did anyone else get the e-mail from Prendocasa with an article from a local newspaper attached, stating the release of these developments.
Has anyone heard any news on the ground.

Tess

Report this post
PostPosted: February 10th, 2010, 3:15 pm 

Dear Tess,

I had the opportunity to examine the article you mentioned from "Gazzetta del Sud", unfortunately it states something completely different.
It does not mention any release of the developments "Le Marinate/Santa Venere.

Regards

Avv. Giandomenico De Tullio
info@detulliolawfirm.com
www.detulliolawfirm.com

Report this post
PostPosted: February 10th, 2010, 3:33 pm 
I also received one of the emails from Prendocasas directors,,after reading the newspaper article i too decided it was more than misleading and the particular newspaper article says nothing of the sort.

The email starts off

Quote:
Dear Friends of Santa Venere and Marinate,
We are very pleased about the good news, that we had yesterday and which I forward you with great pleasure.
The Gazetta del Sud , Calabria 's most important newspaper, has given the account of an imminent release of the mentioned building sites. I have attached the scan of the newspaper report and I hope your Italian is sufficient to read it.
We are ready to complete the purchase and without a doubt I think that also the manufacturer will be as soon as the release will be granted.

Report this post

PostPosted: March 20th, 2010, 11:27 pm 

link below seems to be update on marinate and santa venere developments. Can anyone accurately translate - I wouldnt want ot mislead anyone by trying

http://www.calabrianotizie.it/2010/03/1 ... more-13904

Report this post
PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 12:35 am 

Googles Automatic Translation

Golden House, asked the trial of the 6 suspects - Preliminary Hearing set before the magistrate on 12 May next

Vibo Valentia - It's been just over a year since you took it the operation called Golden House, which led to the seizure by the Guardia di Finanza, 120 apartments and eight buildings for the construction of houses, with 10 searches of corporate headquarters and professional firms, and six persons investigated: Entrepreneurs Coloca Joseph, 69 years; Francis Mirabello, 33, Antonio La Gamba, 82, and Peter Nose 57.

Also investigated the planner and city councilor Paul Pelaggi Joel, 43 years old architect James Consoli, 57, manager of the Public Works building "Luigi Razza", former head of the division planning.

Against persons involved, who in some way respond to abuse of office and violation of the law on environmental protection and the violation of orders issued after the disastrous flood of July 3, 2006, the prosecutor Mario Spagnuolo, who followed up step all the stages of the investigation, asked the trial. The preliminary hearing before the investigating judge Lucia Monaco, has been set for next May 12.

From the allegations, that former Gaslini area of Vibo Marina, as well as with regard to the construction of the "The Marine" were granted permits to build in an area considered a serious hydro-geological risk and at the same time withholding R3. All this despite the licenses have been issued before the day of the orders issued by the flood.

In this case, according to the hypothesis of accusation, it was necessary to act in self-defense and to ensure the withdrawal. Ordinances, was also reiterated the need for "adequate to serve on the prevention of risks, securing sites and adoption of appropriate measures, including non-infrastructure, hydro-geological risk prevention and plumbing.

According to the accusations permission to build, it was also released in the "glaring violation of the rules and orders, not taking into account the geological situation of depression in the ground where they were to be built new houses, in the absence of improvement works aimed at removing Criticality existing aggravated dall'alluvione of 3 July 2006.

As is apparent from the request for indictment Antonio La Gamba is involved as legal representative of Vibonese Olive Oil Company Ltd., to have submitted two requests for permission to build (ex Gaslini area), the first on 30 April 2007 -- based on the implementation of a residential building intended for habitation - and the second on 2 August 2007 for the restructuring of two industrial buildings through demolition and reconstruction.

Francis Mirabello, however, in acting as sole director of the Casa del Sole Company Ltd., which requested the TRANSFER building, Pietro Naso, however, in its capacity as sole director of Olearia Vibonese Ltd., (appointed 21 February 2008) and customer of work on the renovation of two warehouses, Joseph Coloca, for presenting the case to build (13 February 2007) for the project "Marine" of Bivona, Paolo Pelaggi Joel, in his capacity as designer of the works and Architect. James Consoli, as municipal manager of the technical office and have issued permits to build.

The prosecutor identified as injured parties, the mayor pro tempore (Franco Sammarco) and Legambiente, Calabria, located in Cosenza.

Nicola Lopreiato

Official South

Report this post
PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 12:51 pm 
SantaV666 wrote:
I have been speaking to a business journalist from a major Irish daily newspaper, which also has a strong interet presence, re the antics of MRI in relation to my own situation, and many others. The journalist is keen to investigate further and would be happy to receive details of other people's experience. Obviously it woud be better if people were happy to be named and quoted, but anonymity would be respected if preferred. Also these wouldnt have to be from Irish purchasers (North or South), anybody who has been stung by said company would be a helpful contributor. If pm is working, anyone who would like the journalists contact details should contact me and I'll forward them, rather than post their details here.

It might be a good idea to post this on http://www.mri-sg.org/ if you haven't already done so. Lots of horror stories - plenty for your journalist to get his teeth into.

Another link is http://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=MRI

Report this post

PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 10:29 pm 

Already have done, but dont believe that many, if any, have contacted journalist, which is a bit surprising

Report this post
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2010, 11:49 am 

Hello,

It has been quite some time since there were any posts onto this forum. Does anyone have any sort of update? Has anyone heard from the developer?

We have just received an email offering to move our money to another development. has anyone else heard from them?

Thanks

Neathpete

Report this post
PostPosted: August 7th, 2010, 7:56 pm 

Hi Neathpete
I too was offered another property. Be very wary. I have heard that there are criminal proceedings against the company so it might be out of the frying pan into the fire. Read the posts on the properties being offered as well to give you some idea of how those developments have gone

Report this post
PostPosted: August 9th, 2010, 8:47 pm 

hi maggie , you may not be aware of the fact that last sept. a group was formed by some members of this thread to take positive action over our situation . We engaged the services of avv. Giandomenico De Tullio , e.mail info@detulliolawfirm.com . We started litigation requesting seizure of the assets of Casa Del Sole in the civil courts of Vibo Valentia . At the moment the court has retired to consider its verdict which we should have in about 5 weeks . I can also confirm that there is criminal procedure pending by the public prosecutor concerning the illegal issuing of the planning permissions for Le Marinate and Santa Venere . I would suggest that anybody interested in further info. relating to this should contact the above e. mail address .

Report this post
PostPosted: October 27th, 2010, 10:09 pm 

hi.has anyone any news about the verdict concerning santa venere.

Report this post
PostPosted: November 18th, 2010, 11:06 am 

Hi. Has anyone made any progress in recovering deposit paid for Le Marinate?

Has anyone any news regarding the civil or legal actions?

Report this post
PostPosted: October 4th, 2011, 4:23 pm 

Hi

I havn't been on this site for ages, could anyone give me an update as to what has happened at Santa Venere or has it just dropped of the map !!!
I had give up on it i have had no news !!

Tess

Report this post
PostPosted: October 4th, 2011, 5:35 pm 

Dear Tess,

my law firm is representing a large number of Santa Venere buyers.
Please feel free to contact us on our professional email address for info concerning the topic.

Avv. Giandomenico De Tullio
www.detulliolawfirm.com
info@detulliolawfirm.com

Report this post
PostPosted: June 20th, 2012, 9:04 am 

Good morning all , it is quite some time since i have posted on the forum, though i have kept a close eye on what is current .It is great to see so many members now only having to deal with the less stressful issues like sat. tv. etc. Our situation at santa venere/le marinate is still far from resolved . Though the builder has been found "not guilty" in the criminal trial referred to as "Golden House" there is still the matter of the civil action being taken by many santa venere/le marinate buyers which is ongoing . The builder Casa Del Sole and their selling agents Prendocasa have bombarded us with e mail's claiming that the works to finish these developments have re-commenced with an early finish date as the target even though both are still the subject of our civil action . What i would like to ask the members of the forum is if anyone happens to be in the vibo marina/bivona area (particularily le marinate(bivona) as this is beach front and it would be quite easy to spot if there was work going on ) could they let me know what they happen to see ? Any other concrete info. would also be gratefully received .

Report this post
PostPosted: June 24th, 2014, 5:35 pm 

Hi everyone
There has been no activity on this theme for some time. I was wondering if anyone has an update on the situation at Santa Venere. The last I heard was that the developer had been charged again and that his assets had been seized by the court.
Maggie58

Report this post
PostPosted: April 1st, 2015, 10:34 pm 

I'm making a site visit shortly to Le Marinate with a view to Completion after all these years! Has anyone else completed?
Caroline

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8