A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: August 25th, 2009, 6:00 pm 
We all know what the meetings are about,it is just a pity no one has recorded them yet,although plenty of other journalists have in other situations,so they are alot more cautious these days. I would love to know who the directors are of MRI these days and the ones attending the meetings behind closed doors.They certainly seem to be relying on them more and more to earn their commisions, ever since they closed down their offices in the uk, Ireland and and knocked their exhibitions on the head, which they used to attend along with Martinez Echevaria, it would probably be more usefull if they brought them along to answer some direct questions from clients who purchased through them rather than trying to flog more property and leaving everyone more exposed and in breach of their original contracts.

Last edited by investor500 on August 26th, 2009, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: August 26th, 2009, 12:12 am 
Site Admin

SantaV666 wrote:
Regardless of when your meeting is arranged for, it might be a thought for whoever is organising to invite a few of the local media representatives - probably business editors or correspondents. A quick phone call or email giving them some background and maybe directing them to this forum might spark a bit of interest.
If buyers are also travelling from South Ireland and England, I'd also include wider media (Irish Times, RTE and PRess Association, for example) all of who have offices in Belfast. If there are individuals who are prepared to discuss openly their experience to the media, a human angle is normally of interest - as the recent BBC report on another development showed. Surely the more publicity and awareness the better.

Dear all,

It might be worth inviting Sebastian from the Mail on Sunday to attend (User name is Mailonsunday I think) as he has already gathered a lot of information and touched on some of the rpoblems you're facing in a previous article.

Kind regards

Sam

Report this post
PostPosted: August 30th, 2009, 1:55 pm 

hi martin , i had sent you a pm in relation to possible meeting in belfast on 12th sept. not sure if you have been on line since or if you replied as the pm messages are off line at moment due to work being done on forum site . can you confirm if the meeting is going ahead ? and if so , where and what time ? thanks , will .

Report this post
PostPosted: August 31st, 2009, 12:14 pm 

Hi all.
Just to confirm that our meeting on 12th September in Belfast is on. Suggest 11 - 2/3. We're in the process of sorting a venue, hopefully within the next couple of days. According to the PMs I have received there should be a dozen or more of us attending.
I didn't have in mind inviting 'other parties' i.e. journalists or lawyers at this stage. I thought perhaps we should use the time to share our experiences and information and determine an agreed way forward. From my perspective, I am not confident I have the full story or even fully understand all the players. I am therefore keen to get everything straight before going 'public' with a story.
Please feel free to challenge me on this. If you think we should be calling on further advice now, let me know.

Will - Have we had anything back from your legal team yet? Can we chase this?
Martin

Report this post
PostPosted: August 31st, 2009, 1:16 pm 

Hi all,

Has anyone been at the MRI meeting at weekend, as I haven't heard any news what they wanted to meet for?

Lorraine

Report this post
PostPosted: August 31st, 2009, 9:47 pm 

hi martin , i will be there on 12th . if we have not got pm back up and running by weekend i will post my e mail address . i will then be able to give you much more info i would prefer not to post . eoghan hopes to make it up to belfast too . in relation to our meeting with law firm in dublin it was a bit of a let down , but again i will fill you in later . i hope there will be news to offer in relation to other legal firms and their opinions before the 12th . also i will be able to make some others aware of meeting as soon as you can give me time and place .talk soon , will .

Report this post
PostPosted: August 31st, 2009, 9:51 pm 

lhannaway wrote:
Hi all,

Has anyone been at the MRI meeting at weekend, as I haven't heard any news what they wanted to meet for?

Lorraine

lorraine , as soon as pm is up and running can you pm me your mail address , i will then send you an email i received from someone who attended in belfast on friday , it will make your hair curl :shock: :shock: :shock:

Report this post
PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 8:45 am 

Will
I, too, would be interested in outcome of meeting on Friday. I had been hoping to find out where it was being held, as I would have gone along to discuss my unfinished business with MRI.
Any insights appreciated, either by post or pm

Regards

Report this post
PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 10:35 am 

i can go to the meting also , just let me know where and when

Report this post
PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 6:04 pm 

Hello all

I cant make the meeting on the 12th as i am away on holiday. I am keen to be part of any group action as i feel that is the way to achieve any result.

An update from the meeting would be appreciated.

Thanks

NeathPete

Report this post
PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 10:29 pm 

I've been following the site over the past few months, without posting. Based in Scotland and invested in Santa Venere. Recently attended MRI meeting - happy to share my experience outwith forum. I would have been very interested in attending Belfast meeting however, I can't make it due to work commitments. I would be delighted to throw my hat in the ring and support any group activity to claw back investment.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 10:37 pm 

I'm also very interested in outcome of your meeting on 12th i Belfast but can't come. I'm also happy to organise a carbon copy meeting on the mainland if others are keen on this. I'm away until 24 Sept with minimal net access but can jump on board after this. Can someone also please PM me re MRI meeting last week?
coralgem

Report this post
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 9:06 am 

Hi

I also have been following the site lately without posting, have invested in Santa Venere. I can't make the meeting on the 12th would like to offer my support and would like to be kept updated on the out come.

Tess

Report this post
PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 1:52 pm 

Hello All,

I have been on holiday so have some catching up to do. Before my holiday I suggested that the lawyers I have been in contact with in London would meet with a group of us,probably those based in England,free of charge at there offices and asked for anyone interested to send me a pm.It appears that the pm is not working at the moment so I do not know if anybody has responded.Hopefully it will be up and running by the weekend.

Having said that I agree that we should eventually all go in together if the lawyers think we have a case worth fighting.

I will be following the outcome of the meeting in Belfast on the 12th

Derek

Report this post
PostPosted: September 3rd, 2009, 9:31 pm 

So I'm looking forward to meeting in person all those who can make it on 12th in Belfast.
Our venue will be Jury's Inn, Great Victoria Street from 11a.m. to 2p.m.We have had to secure the room with a credit card at a cost of about £70 so if you said you would attend please do so, otherwise we'll end up forking out unnecessarily (unfortunately with p.m. down I have no record at present of who has 'signed up').
My suggestion would be that we cover off:
What do we know?
What don't we know and need to find out?
What options are now open to us?
What is our preference in terms of next steps?
Who will do what and when?

Feel free to add to or replace this agenda.

Let's keep the dialogue open between now and then in order to ensure that we have the most up to date information.

Regards, Martin

Report this post
PostPosted: September 6th, 2009, 9:42 pm 

Unfortunately I probably wont be able to make meeting on 12th but, like others, would appreciate an update on outcome, either be post on forum or pm.
Regards and good luck

Report this post
PostPosted: September 6th, 2009, 10:08 pm 

hi martin , i want to confirm that i will be in attendance . i will post thoughts on agenda in the week . look forward to meeting you .

Report this post
PostPosted: September 7th, 2009, 9:54 am 

see you all there..

Report this post
PostPosted: September 7th, 2009, 9:41 pm 

I have heard from Prendocasa today that the developer is going to go ahead with an appeal to the European Court. The date for the hearing is unknown. They say that the builder won't refund until he is certain how things are going.

I think we should take the above with a pinch of salt.

Am unable to be at the meeting on 12th as am away on a short holiday but wait news of your discussions with interest if someone, perhaps Will pls, will pm or email me the conclusions. Thanks.

Caroline

Report this post
PostPosted: September 7th, 2009, 10:13 pm 

hi all , there will be another couple joining us on sat. they are involved in another group that i am involved with . caroline , i will keep you posted . can i suggest that anybody who has made enquiries to other legal firms bring copies of corespondance received .

Report this post
PostPosted: September 7th, 2009, 10:24 pm 

hi caroline , i meant to ask you how you got word from prendocasa ? what is there current involvement with le marinate and santa venere ? if i remember correctly they were the original agents for the builder until mri came on the scene . what make the builder think that we are prepared to wait for another court ruling ? by the 30th sept he will be officially in breach of contract and we need to be ready and fully informed as to what is going to be the best course of action to take .

Report this post
PostPosted: September 7th, 2009, 10:54 pm 

Hi all,
count me in for the meeting.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 12:17 am 

hi all, looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday. Many thanks to martin for organising ! Roisin&sean

Report this post
PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 10:01 pm 

Hi all,
We also looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday!
See you then,
Cathal and Sinead

Report this post
PostPosted: September 8th, 2009, 11:25 pm 

will wrote:
hi caroline , i meant to ask you how you got word from prendocasa ? what is there current involvement with le marinate and santa venere ? if i remember correctly they were the original agents for the builder until mri came on the scene . what make the builder think that we are prepared to wait for another court ruling ? by the 30th sept he will be officially in breach of contract and we need to be ready and fully informed as to what is going to be the best course of action to take .

Hi Will
According to our contracts - see final page - Prendocasa are named as agents acting as intermediaries. You can contact them on 00 39 09 63 39 58 95 and the lady dealing with International clients is called Birute (pronounced Beerooty!) Bilinskaite. I phoned and emailed them the other day to find out what they know. She confirmed her understanding that the builder is going to the higher European Court, date unknown, and that he won't refund until he is certain how things are going. She was sorry that she was not able to help us out in this matter.

Quite what their usefulness, or purpose is, in this situation, I don't know.
Anyway, she speaks v good English.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 12th, 2009, 8:42 am 

GROGDOG wrote:
see you all there..

Report this post
PostPosted: September 13th, 2009, 9:05 pm 

A big thanks to all in Belfast on the 12th - don't feel so alone any more. Especially Martin and the guys from down south who obviously had already put a lot of work in already. Hope you don't mind us 'piggybacking' on this. Needless to say will help in any way possible (lobbying MEP and letters to any Italian authorities that are relevant). Would be really interested in the outcome of negotiations on Wednesday's call.
thanks again,

Report this post
PostPosted: September 14th, 2009, 9:57 pm 

hi all , i have removed my mail address now , anyone who has not been in contact by now can in turn post a message , leave your mail address for me to contact and i will get back as soon as i can , thanks .

Last edited by will on September 15th, 2009, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 15th, 2009, 4:39 pm 

Hi Will I have emailed you to get the info from you,

Cheers for the effort of people

Peter & Anne

Report this post
PostPosted: September 16th, 2009, 8:53 pm 

hi all , just a quick hello and thank you to all who participated in tonights call . i hope everybody found it both informative and re assuring ? for anybody who has not been on the forum in the last few days and were not able to get my mail address (which i posted for 24hrs ) , please consider posting your mail address and i will contact you asap. . you can remove your mail address whenever you choose by just clicking on edit . thanks again and heres to success .

Report this post
PostPosted: September 16th, 2009, 10:24 pm 

Hi Will
I had tried to pm you re outcome of meeting and any other developments since.

Regards

Report this post
PostPosted: September 18th, 2009, 12:28 pm 

oh well MRI are not going to offer us any more help :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear purchasers at Santa Venere and La Marinate,

Over the past many months, my colleagues and I have had the opportunity to meet most of you.

We have explained the situation as best we can with regards to the situation in Calabria.

Recently, we dispatched a director of the company to Italy to meet with the relevant parties and get the latest situation. This was not the first time, but in fact the 4th time that we had been down this route, however, rather than the picture getting clearer, it seems to be getting worse.

Whilst we have no legal obligation to do so, most of you will have been offered help by my company in the form of switching you into an alternate property. Some have taken up the option, others have not.

It is my personal view that legal action will prove to be expensive, and ultimately fruitless. However, if that is the route you decide to pursue, I wish you luck with it.

As for myself and MRI, we have decided to cease offering any further opportunities to swap due to the behaviour of some clients at a recent show. It was both aggressive and threatening ~ and whilst I would hope that most of you would be appalled to be associated with such behaviour, I am sure you can appreciate why we have taken this stance.

I wish each of you the best of luck with your future endeavours in Italy.

Dominic Pickering
CEO

Report this post
PostPosted: September 18th, 2009, 3:36 pm 

Will,

I would very much appreciate details on Belfast meeting and any follow up activity: email address fraser_myron@hotmail.com

Report this post
PostPosted: September 18th, 2009, 11:37 pm 

Havng just returned from my meeting with MRI, Mr MacAnthony confirmed he was washing his hands of Italy clients due to the excess hassle he has received !! However, I was offered, as I am sure many of you were, an apartment in Bulgaria with approx 25000 euros knocked off the price. This brought the price down to 60000 euros though I found the samepartments for salle on the internet for 50000 !!!

Anyway, I too would be glad to somehow club together and fight our corner for a refund.

Will. My business email address is enquiries@craftycastles.co.uk. Please send any info hear for now.

I couldn't see how many people are affected by this fiasco. Does anyone have a count of individuals ? I guess the more, the better.

Cheers

Report this post
PostPosted: September 19th, 2009, 11:36 am 
their are approximatley 120 buyers directly affected by santa venere not so sure at marinate but someone should know,ì understand their were some who fell for the generous offer of help by falsely inflating prices but thankfully not many.

Report this post

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2009, 10:45 am 

Hi Will
Can you please send me an update and any details of ways in which I can help?
I have just returned from holiday. Are there any further meetings or calls that I can participate in?

The MRI "sod off" email incensed me even further than I already was (and that's hard to do)!

I can't seem to use PM or Messages any more as they have disappeared as options.

best wishes and keep up the good work

Last edited by coralgem28 on September 22nd, 2009, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2009, 11:35 am 

hi coral , i have your mail address now , i will be in touch . i would suggest that you might want to delete your mail address as soon as you can .

Report this post
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2009, 3:55 pm 

hi all , i have a very urgent request for those people who attende the meeting in belfast on 12th sept . at that meeting it was decided that it was a worthwhile exercise to at least join in on the conference call for the following wed. and to add all mail addresses to data base so people coud be kept in the loop . i understand that not all were in a position to join in on the call on wed. but i know all concerned were given updates on that call and the decisions made . it now appears that out of a total of 19 people there are only 6 who confirmed their agreement to decisions made on wed. , 4 verbal assurances and 9 with no reply at all !!! can i urge all those who have not replied at all to either confirm or decline by mail to the relative party and those who have given verbal assurances to also confirm by mail . this is required as soon as possible as the next call on wed. should bring us to making further decisions and move forward . for those who read this and have either been on holiday or not been on the forum lately and are not privy to what took place on the 12th please leave your mail address on site for me and i will contact asap , this is not ideal but as pm is still out of action it will have to do , i suggest you post your mail address for 24 hours and then delete it . many thanks .

Report this post
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2009, 4:06 pm 

Will
I think you already have my e-mail, but if not, let me know.
Regards

Report this post
PostPosted: September 24th, 2009, 9:45 pm 

i want to take this opportunity to wish everybody a happy "arthur's day" . I wish everybody the best of luck with all their endevours .

Report this post
PostPosted: September 25th, 2009, 2:06 pm 

why have all the santa venere buyers not been in touch yet?
there are alot more than 16 buyers on this site never mind those who attended in belfast.
is everyone waiting on other people to do the work and thene jump on the bandwagon, come on folks the more people who get involved here the easier it will be for everyone, or are you prepared top sit back and wave goodbye to your 30k+?

Report this post
PostPosted: September 25th, 2009, 2:57 pm 

Some of us have, but are awaiting a response.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 25th, 2009, 3:25 pm 

if you email me on ****** i will forward on anything i have, it is not yourselve i am on about but there are loads of people on here and we are struggling to get 16 people to get things moving.

i will not have access to emails from 4.30 so need to be quick or i can put it back up on tuesday.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 25th, 2009, 4:44 pm 

As your address is down, if you want you can access my e-mail via the pm on the mri-sg site.
Regards

Report this post
PostPosted: September 25th, 2009, 6:10 pm 

i will send you what i have on tuesday, but hopefully will picks this up and gets back to you.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 26th, 2009, 7:33 pm 

I must say I do find it strange that the only development that Giambrone Law has not been involved with is facing these horrendous problems. Our lawyers refused to accept instructions fromclients purchasing via MRI since we were not confident that the developement would have been completed on time. Our research on MRI in other countries confirmed our uneasiness and we were approached by a number of buyers at the outset and upon completing the due diligence we advise those who contacted us not to proceed.

I understand that a lot of the other developments in Calabria are delayed, but everyone should understand that this is not within the buyers' lawyer's control.

Our specialist litigation team (seperate from the Real Estate Division) is able to assist anyone facing problems in these development with a view to recovering DOUBLE the deposit paid to date. Furthermore we already represent a few clients who approached us to recover their deposit.

If anyone would like to speak with one of the litigation lawyers, or would like to receive the client care pack, please email litigation@giambronelaw.co.uk and mark it for my personal attention and I will have one of my lawyers in that team to contact you within three days.

Regards,

Iain Buchan
General Manager
Giambrone Law - Studio Legale Interazionale

Report this post
PostPosted: September 26th, 2009, 8:17 pm 

"I must say I do find it strange that the only development that Giambrone Law has not been involved with is facing these horrendous problems."

what utter nonsense, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so all your clients are happy and havent disinstructed you yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

go back to bed and take another tablet.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 26th, 2009, 9:42 pm 
IJB Welcome back ! ,PLease explain to me,How you do Both legal and general Due dilligence on one hand,and then purport to be experts in Litigation against the developer on another hand.If you never carried it out in the first place.

Report this post

PostPosted: September 26th, 2009, 10:05 pm 

ijb wrote:
I must say I do find it strange that the only development that Giambrone Law has not been involved with is facing these horrendous problems. Our lawyers refused to accept instructions fromclients purchasing via MRI since we were not confident that the developement would have been completed on time. Our research on MRI in other countries confirmed our uneasiness and we were approached by a number of buyers at the outset and upon completing the due diligence we advise those who contacted us not to proceed.

I understand that a lot of the other developments in Calabria are delayed, but everyone should understand that this is not within the buyers' lawyer's control.

Our specialist litigation team (seperate from the Real Estate Division) is able to assist anyone facing problems in these development with a view to recovering DOUBLE the deposit paid to date. Furthermore we already represent a few clients who approached us to recover their deposit.

If anyone would like to speak with one of the litigation lawyers, or would like to receive the client care pack, please email litigation@giambronelaw.co.uk and mark it for my personal attention and I will have one of my lawyers in that team to contact you within three days.

Regards,

Iain Buchan
General Manager
Giambrone Law - Studio Legale Interazionale

This has got to be a wind-up surely? . . . . but just in case there's anyone who's either new to this forum, or doesn't have a memory span of longer than three months . . .

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=2076

You could also try ringing the Legal Complaints Service for a reference.

Report this post
PostPosted: September 27th, 2009, 10:41 am 

the term "pot calling the kettle black" comes to mind mr. buchan . 2 compaies who have very dubious credentials with hundreds of dis-satisfied and disappointed clients . i refer you to your own thread on this forum and also mri-sg.org . isnt this ironic ??? . mr buchan , you suggest from your first paragraph that our legal representaives did not do their due diligence ? i dont think there are degrees of due diligence , you have either done it or not !! i find it very funny that you infer that because of mri involvement these dev. would not complete on time ? they were not building them !!! . As of the end of feb. LE MARINATE was well on schedule (photos to prove this) . what did you find in yourdue diligence that made you advise people not to proceed ????? If , as you say you are representing a few clients inthis matter , why has it taken until now for you to approach us (uninvited) ? are you suggesting that our current legal team did not do their due diligence ? or are they not either equipped or skilled enough to see this action through to a satisfactory conclusion ???? Let me make this crystal clear mr. buchan , you come on to our thread uninvited , you make certain unsubstantiated claims and expect us to believe you ??? the least we should expect from you right now is a clear and unambiguous answer to the questions i have asked without referring us to your email address . so come on mr. buchan , prove to us that this is not just a very cheap (DOUBLE THE DEPOSIT ) attempt to grab money from people you perceive are out on a limb with nowhere to go .

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next