A free and open forum for and by Calabria property owners.
View unanswered posts | View active topics Register | Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: July 28th, 2009, 11:43 am 

Just had MRI on the phone yesaterday to say that we are the only people out of the whole Santa Venere devolpment that havent meet with the directors. So we are going to on the 14th August, any particular questions that anyone would like us to put to them ?

Cheers

Peter

Report this post
PostPosted: July 28th, 2009, 11:52 am 

Hello All,

I am based in Surrey and a meeting in London on 31/7/09 is a good possibilty.

I have been in contact with lawyers in London and I am hoping that they will get back to me by the end of this week with some constructive suggestions on how we could take it forward and some idea of costs.Obviously we would only require the use of one lawyer if we act as a group. The cost of taking action may be a stumbling block as I think it may be costly.

Some initial discussions have included the possibility that professional negligeance could be involved and that persuing a claim that should be covered by professional indemnity insurance may be a consideration in relation to the insurance policy and working within the best interests of the buyers.I must stress that this is only a possible action that could be looked at not a definate suggestion on the way forward.
From what I understand a civil action against the developer would be costly.

If a meeting can be arranged for London count me in.

Derek

Report this post
PostPosted: July 28th, 2009, 11:59 am 

Hello Coralgem28

I have left a PM for you

Derek

Report this post
PostPosted: July 28th, 2009, 12:44 pm 

Big Pete wrote:
Just had MRI on the phone yesaterday to say that we are the only people out of the whole Santa Venere devolpment that havent meet with the directors. So we are going to on the 14th August, any particular questions that anyone would like us to put to them ?

Cheers

Peter

hi peter , i have sent you a pm . are you famiiar with the web site www.mri-sg.org ? its a spport group for people who have issues with mri . the mri stands for misled realty investors . take some time to have a look at it before you make any decision about meeting up with mri . if you decide to go to meeting , call them before hand and ask can you record your meeting ? ask them can you bring a solicitor along ? see there attitude change then !!!! if you do go ask them for me how do they sleep at night !!!!

Report this post
PostPosted: July 28th, 2009, 5:03 pm 

I am a purchaser in Santa Venere who has met with MRI in Glasgow.

I have to agree with Will.
MRI attitude does change whe they are put on the back foot.
I asked to record the meeting which pretty much stopped the process in its tracks.

They have been on the phone again asking for another meeting to discuss recovering some of our money (do you think that means offer another 'bargain' property in Bulgaria or Portugal??)
I too am going on 14th of August. I have already given them question that I want answered:

Exactly what is the nature of the criminal enquiry in Santa Venere; who is being investigated and for what?
Is there a chance of the development completing after the criminal case concludes?
How much of the deposit was transferred to the developer and how much retained in client account?

I was unable to attend the date initially offered so asked what other dates and venues were available;

If anyone is interested the MRI diary is:
13th Aug Leeds
14th Aug Newcastle
15th Aug Glasgow
16th Aug Aberdeen
17th Aug Birmingham
19th Aug Manchester
20th Aug Cardiff
21st Aug Avon
22nd Aug Kent
23rd/24th London
25th Aug Stansted

I'll post the outcome of the meeting but I'm pretty sure it will be e re-run of Glasgow.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 28th, 2009, 6:24 pm 

hi boffy and welcome . as you have probably seen from reading the posts you are not. alone in this matter. i would suggest that rather than asking mri those questions you should address them to your lawyer . as far as your deposit is concerned you should ask your lawyer for proof of transfer of your deposit and also ask for a copy of your client accout . these are available and should have been in your possesion by now . again , ask your lawyer for confirmation as to the reasons behind sealing and the possibility of dev. ever being completed . dont expect mri to answer those questions , on the one hand they will tell you they were only the selling agent and on the other they will tell you thinks they have on very good authority . to be honest boffy , i dont expect there will be too many people here checking out the dates for meetings with mri , we have been there before . please let us know how you get on with your proof of payment to th builder .

Report this post
PostPosted: July 28th, 2009, 6:58 pm 

Hi,i also have bought in santa venere, would like to join up with group,im in Belfast

Report this post
PostPosted: July 28th, 2009, 7:28 pm 

hi jim , welcome . it appears that the logistics of the situation is lending itself to the possibility of 2 groups forming , one in uk mainland and one in ireland . as you have probably read we hope to have something to report back from a preliminary meeting that took place in dublin last tue. i will send you a pm with my e mail address and i can keep you up to speed if that suits .

Report this post
PostPosted: July 28th, 2009, 7:37 pm 

Eaglesderek wrote:
Hello All,

I am based in Surrey and a meeting in London on 31/7/09 is a good possibilty.

I have been in contact with lawyers in London and I am hoping that they will get back to me by the end of this week with some constructive suggestions on how we could take it forward and some idea of costs.Obviously we would only require the use of one lawyer if we act as a group. The cost of taking action may be a stumbling block as I think it may be costly.

Some initial discussions have included the possibility that professional negligeance could be involved and that persuing a claim that should be covered by professional indemnity insurance may be a consideration in relation to the insurance policy and working within the best interests of the buyers.I must stress that this is only a possible action that could be looked at not a definate suggestion on the way forward.
From what I understand a civil action against the developer would be costly.

If a meeting can be arranged for London count me in.

Derek

hi derek , good to see we are all taking a much more forward thinking approach while we wait on our italian lawyers to get back to us . while it would be great to think that we could all find one firm to act on all our behalfs , the logistics suggest that there will probably be on in uk mainland and one in ireland , though it may be possible to sort something . we hope to have something positive to report from law firm in dublin very soon and anything that will benifit the group as a whole will naturally be shared . i hope that you have some success from your meeting and maybe you will let us know how you get on .

Report this post
PostPosted: July 29th, 2009, 12:32 pm 

Hello All,

I sent an email to the developers agent last week asking if they new the nature of the charges adainst the developer.

They informed me that the charges were not criminal and were only relating to the issue of planning in connection with the flooding in the area a few years ago and that they were taking the case to the Eurpean court. If this is true and assuming this would constitute an administration issue one would think our Italien lawyers should know it and surely the insurance policy should pay out. The lawyers told us that the insurance policy would only pay out if it was not a criminal matter.

One thing is for sure and that is that we are not being told the facts clearly and accuratly. If the Italien lawyers gave us information based on documentary evidence we could start getting a realistic understanding of what has happened and what would be the appropriate action to take.

I will try to put preassure on our Italien lawyers to give us the information that they should have.

Derek

Report this post
PostPosted: July 29th, 2009, 5:57 pm 

hi derek , when you say the developers agent do you mean his lawyer ? the one thing thats clear is that nothing is clear . of course our lawyers should be privvy to all the court papers and the exact nature of the sealing order . its another matter getting this info from them . their attitude is one of "we are the experts , dont interfere , if you not happy with that look elsewhere ", whereas , the way it should be is we are the clients , we are paying for your services and we should be kept up to speed with all info available on an individual basis and not with a dear all memo. i think that the supreme court are to issue their reasons for upholding the sealing of the 2 sites this week and this info WILL be available to all lawyers concerned and should and must be made available to us as soon as possible .

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: santa venere
PostPosted: July 29th, 2009, 9:11 pm 

I am glad I only found this form after I had purchased in Calabria. It would have put me off totally.

MarkInCalabria wrote:
i sincerely hope this is not the case,i saw photos in the paper of a couple developments where this has happened but did not recognise one as being Santa Venere,can you request the photo urgently or if someone is over that way today get another photo and see whats going on.it may be miss information where did the report come from.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 29th, 2009, 9:58 pm 

hi leo , im really glad your experience has been better than ours , but do you have something constructive to add ????? is there a point in you posting on this thread ?????

Report this post
PostPosted: July 30th, 2009, 10:20 am 

Is there anything to be gained by taking the issue up through our M.E.P.,s.
I believe that a lot of people caught up in a similar position with properties purchased in Spain managed to get the issue resolved through their M.E.P.,s

Report this post
PostPosted: July 30th, 2009, 2:12 pm 

Not very friendly!

I was looking at another forum online and came across the following blog posted on 12th May

have not bought in your development but know it quite well and it will be fantastic when finished (which i think it will).

our apt is by the same builder ans i have been in contact with his solicitor re santa venere( where my sister has bought) , as they are in the same position as yourself. you will see from his response below that there is alot more hope than MRI are saying, let me guess MRI are offering to transfer your deposit to a property in portugal?

anyway here is the solicitors response ,but also check out www.incalabria.com and go to the forum you will find alot of help there and be able to talk to others in a similar position to yourselve.

Dear Mr. *******,

Thank you very much for your email below.

I confirm my firm of Studio Legale Metta is working on behalf of the developer (Casa del Sole and Sabbia di Marinella Group) with all the activities involved in the sale of the units in Santa Venere as well as the other units sold by the developer.

I also confirm my firm is more than glad to be in contact with you and your sister and to communicate to you all the available information.

The developer is a 30-year well established and reputable construction group with over 300 unit under construction and further projects for more than 500 units to develop soon. The construction work for Santa Venere started under a fully valid building licence issued by the local authorities after the review of the relevant paperwork.

At the beginning of 2009 there have been heavy rains in Calabria which implied floods which unfortunately caused several damages. According to some experts, some of the damages caused by the floods have been caused because of constructions built not in compliance with the regulations in force. In this scenario, the construction of Santa Venere has been deemed not in compliance with some regulations regarding risk of floods. Under such allegation, the construction site has been sealed.

The developer filed several documents to provide evidence that said allegations are ungrounded and unreasonable. As per the standard procedure, the first appeal was filed with the same court that had authorized the seal. As in most cases happens, the court confirmed the seal order. The developer had also filed an appeal with the Supreme Court, as a third entity to review the paperwork and confirm or remove the seal order. The Supreme Court scheduled an hearing for the mid of June to discuss the case and issue a ruling.

The developer is confident the Supreme Court will remove the seal order and the development will be properly completed.

Under the circumstances, the investment in Santa Venere does not appear at risk for the following reasons:

1) The developer invested a lot of funds on Santa Venere project. He is confident the seal order will be removed and the construction site will be completed within the established terms;

2) Should the seal not be removed or should the construction site not expected to be completed within a reasonable term, the developer would be in the position to offer an alternative option out of the hundreds of units he is building in Calabria;

3) In the event the transaction cannot proceed under the options above, for whatever reason, the developer would be in the financial position to consider a refund request as well as any other option to smoothly settle the situation with your sister’s satisfaction;

4) Whatever approach your sister will have with this matter, be assured she will deal with a reputable group which has been in business for over 30 years with large experience an strong financial support.

Should you or your sister need, please do not hesitate to contact me or Valeria, copied, a member of the International team of my firm, who is working with me on this matter.

Kind regards,

Nick

As mentioned Sabbia di Marinella is by the same developer and is now complete. I hope the proceedings arent' criminal,

Good luck to everyone

will wrote:
hi leo , im really glad your experience has been better than ours , but do you have something constructive to add ????? is there a point in you posting on this thread ?????

Report this post
PostPosted: July 30th, 2009, 2:51 pm 

if you do decide to have a meeting, count me in. karen

Report this post
PostPosted: July 30th, 2009, 11:35 pm 

74leoj88 wrote:
Not very friendly!

I was looking at another forum online and came across the following blog posted on 12th May

have not bought in your development but know it quite well and it will be fantastic when finished (which i think it will).

our apt is by the same builder ans i have been in contact with his solicitor re santa venere( where my sister has bought) , as they are in the same position as yourself. you will see from his response below that there is alot more hope than MRI are saying, let me guess MRI are offering to transfer your deposit to a property in portugal?

anyway here is the solicitors response ,but also check out http://www.incalabria.com and go to the forum you will find alot of help there and be able to talk to others in a similar position to yourselve.

Dear Mr. *******,

Thank you very much for your email below.

I confirm my firm of Studio Legale Metta is working on behalf of the developer (Casa del Sole and Sabbia di Marinella Group) with all the activities involved in the sale of the units in Santa Venere as well as the other units sold by the developer.

I also confirm my firm is more than glad to be in contact with you and your sister and to communicate to you all the available information.

The developer is a 30-year well established and reputable construction group with over 300 unit under construction and further projects for more than 500 units to develop soon. The construction work for Santa Venere started under a fully valid building licence issued by the local authorities after the review of the relevant paperwork.

At the beginning of 2009 there have been heavy rains in Calabria which implied floods which unfortunately caused several damages. According to some experts, some of the damages caused by the floods have been caused because of constructions built not in compliance with the regulations in force. In this scenario, the construction of Santa Venere has been deemed not in compliance with some regulations regarding risk of floods. Under such allegation, the construction site has been sealed.

The developer filed several documents to provide evidence that said allegations are ungrounded and unreasonable. As per the standard procedure, the first appeal was filed with the same court that had authorized the seal. As in most cases happens, the court confirmed the seal order. The developer had also filed an appeal with the Supreme Court, as a third entity to review the paperwork and confirm or remove the seal order. The Supreme Court scheduled an hearing for the mid of June to discuss the case and issue a ruling.

The developer is confident the Supreme Court will remove the seal order and the development will be properly completed.

Under the circumstances, the investment in Santa Venere does not appear at risk for the following reasons:

1) The developer invested a lot of funds on Santa Venere project. He is confident the seal order will be removed and the construction site will be completed within the established terms;

2) Should the seal not be removed or should the construction site not expected to be completed within a reasonable term, the developer would be in the position to offer an alternative option out of the hundreds of units he is building in Calabria;

3) In the event the transaction cannot proceed under the options above, for whatever reason, the developer would be in the financial position to consider a refund request as well as any other option to smoothly settle the situation with your sister’s satisfaction;

4) Whatever approach your sister will have with this matter, be assured she will deal with a reputable group which has been in business for over 30 years with large experience an strong financial support.

Should you or your sister need, please do not hesitate to contact me or Valeria, copied, a member of the International team of my firm, who is working with me on this matter.

Kind regards,

Nick

As mentioned Sabbia di Marinella is by the same developer and is now complete. I hope the proceedings arent' criminal,

Good luck to everyone

will wrote:

hi leo , im sorry if my post came across as being unfriendly , that was not my intention , but your post was rather flippant and not of a very positive nature . i think if you had added the reply you got from nick my response would have been a lot more positive and welcoming . as you have probably seen from a lot of the posts there is a lot of worry and anxiety amongst the people here . the ambigous nature of the memos from the lawyers , the uncertainty of the reasons behind the sealings of the developmens , the uncertainty of the value of the insurance , the general lack of info coming our way , these are all reasons for worry . thanks very much for posting nicks reply , for those who have not made contact with nick , it shows a degree of openess and a willingness on the part of the builder to at least engage with us . i must add that nicks response is a standard reply given out to those who have made contact with him . for his part (nick) was in touch with me within hours of the supreme court sitting letting me know the decision , my lawyer took a week to relay this info to us all . as you may have read from recent posts a few of us here in ireland had a meeting with a law firm that handle litigation in italy , we are waiting on a preliminary report , this we hope will outline for us the best way forward , who is culpable , who should have proceedings brought against them ,the relevent costs etc .leo , if you would like me to cc you or your sister into any relevent communicaton we receive please pm me with your e mail addess , we want as many people as possible to get involved and find a satisfactory solution to this dilema . thanks again for the post and apologies if i came over as unfriendly .

Report this post
PostPosted: July 30th, 2009, 11:44 pm 

jessicaswoosh wrote:
if you do decide to have a meeting, count me in. karen

hi karen and welcome , im away on holidays for a week from sat. but if you pm eoghan your e mail address im sure he will try and update you as soon as he can , if not pm me and i will be in touch a soon as i get back .

Report this post
PostPosted: July 31st, 2009, 10:36 am 

Hi Will,

The information I received was from Prendo Casa, who I believe are the developers agents. When they gave me the information they were careful to say that they believed that the developer was taking the case to the European Court but they were more definate about the charge not being criminal.

They originally contacted me before last Christmas to say that they were taking over from MRI and could deal with any issues regarding Santa Vanere.

MRI told me to have nothing to do with Prendo Casa.

Derek

Report this post
PostPosted: July 31st, 2009, 11:39 am 

Is this the same Prendo Casa in Briatico that had it's offices raided by the Carabiniere not too long ago?

Last edited by Tuffareo on July 31st, 2009, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 31st, 2009, 1:22 pm 

Just for accuracy, I have recently been involved in a purchase through Prendocasa who are based in Briatico on the west coast between Tropea and Pizzo. Yes this is the one that was raided.I beleive it was Prendocasa who employed MRI to be the selling agents for your developments as indeed he did at Sabbia Marrinella and Marinella uno. I am writting this to help you know who is who.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 31st, 2009, 1:29 pm 

hi leo, that was my post you found on another site, anyway i spoke to the developers solicitor last night( not nick) and nothing can be moved on or discussed re santa venere or la marinate until the supreme courts publish their motivation for the recent ruling which is expected within the next week or so.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 31st, 2009, 5:25 pm 

I do not know if Prendo Casa had their offices raided but they do have offices in Briatico

Report this post
PostPosted: July 31st, 2009, 5:47 pm 

Good luck to everyone who is buying on these developments. I hope it can be resolved. If the quality is anything like the Sabbia development it will be great. Hopefully once a decision has been made by the Supreme Court things can move on.

GROGDOG wrote:
hi leo, that was my post you found on another site, anyway i spoke to the developers solicitor last night( not nick) and nothing can be moved on or discussed re santa venere or la marinate until the supreme courts publish their motivation for the recent ruling which is expected within the next week or so.

Report this post
PostPosted: July 31st, 2009, 7:21 pm 

GROGDOG wrote:

hi grogdog , thought i recognised the mail from nick , i thought it was a coincidence that leo had a sister buying too . all these posts just seem to melt into each other after a while :) thank god im off on hols for a week

Report this post
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2009, 8:33 pm 

groomsinireland wrote:
Eoghan
Can I add my voice - for the first time on this blog - to the thanks already expressed. Please keep us closely informed of further progress and if and when you intend to meet again I will prioritise attending. I live in Northern Ireland and would be willing to help our cause in any way that I can.

Martin

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Santa Venere
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2009, 9:06 pm 

Hi everyone,

Just seen the Ulster news regarding the Moores who had purchased in Reggio Di Calabria. They are taking legal action against the lawyer who carried out the conveyancing work. Their lawyer is Simon Chambers from Newtownards. Their legal action will begin in Autumn, their appartments were not even built, It never said what company they purchased from but there are dozens from N.Ireland who bought the same.

Regards

Lor

Report this post
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2009, 9:24 pm 

Lor
I saw the piece on BBC too.(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8182344.stm) or it can probably be viewed through the BBC NI Newsline website.

As you say, it didnt mention the development, but at least some media are taking an interest. It might be worthwhile anyone from NI (or Republic) sending their own story to the reporter (tara.mills@bbc.co.uk). After all, she was only talking about 12 people and it seems pretty clear that, from this forum and others, that there are a lot more people than that from NI who have been caught up in a similar situation. Strength in numbers etc.
It could lead to a follow up story, generating greater awareness. Wouldnt it be a surprise if everyone had bought through the same agent ??

Report this post
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2009, 9:55 pm 

Hi all,after seeing news,maybe time to get group together and arrange a meeting with solicitor Simon Chambers

Report this post
PostPosted: August 4th, 2009, 1:36 am 

hi all , didnt see BBC news but wondering did it seem that Simon chambers has a grasp of Italian law & does he speak Italian ? Think both of these are requirements to plough through the secrecy & cloak & dagger tactics presented to date by Italian layers . Era

Report this post
PostPosted: August 4th, 2009, 10:43 am 

Hi,

I left a voicemail for Simon Chambers [of Russel and Co, Solicitors, Telephone Number 02891 814 444] in follow up to the article.
He is out of the office presently and expected to return after lunch.

His/His agent's experience of similar matters and matters of Italian law are number (1) on my list of questions!

As and when he calls back I will post findings.

Best regards to all,

Mark

Report this post
PostPosted: August 4th, 2009, 3:07 pm 

Update:

Simon Chambers called back promptly this morning.

Please PM me should you wish brief bullet point summary of our (very) preliminary discussions.

Best regards,

Mark

Report this post
PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 4:21 pm 

Hi all,

I have had some feedback from the lawyers I have been in contact with in London and they are prepared to meet with purchasers at there offices,with no charge,to outline the options that we may have. They are prepared to offer substantial cost reductions if a group of around 20 are involved. It would be done in two phases,the first would be an investigation to get all the necessary facts and documentation to take it to the point where the developer would be approached with a view to an out of court settlement and the second phase would be court action in Italy.The possibility of taking action against the Italian lawyers and MRI may also be a consideration.

If anybody is interested in coming in on this please send me a PM of your email and I will let you have more specific information.

I am going on holiday on 7th August until the 24th so if I do not get back to you before I will contact you after I get back.

Regards

Derek

Report this post
PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 11:20 pm 

Concern!
At present there seems to be at least three, possibly four sets of legal discussions going on. All of this activity is positive and well meaning and I find this discussion site a source of interest and encouragement. However, surely one of our key strengths has got to be our strength in numbers. A single joint approach - one voice etc will have greater impact and if we are to proceed with a form of legal action, we will benefit from economies of scale.

At this point I'm not sure I have a full grasp of our challenge; what specifically has happened in Calabria and what our options might be. I would love to meet with others to obtain some clarity if nothing else. My sense is that this meeting may be best held after we have some further legal opinion from one of our advisors.

Not sure how the wheres and the whens will work but as an opening offer how about as many of us as physically possible meet in Belfast (short flight from London + easy drive from Dublin) on Saturday 12th September? I would be prepared to negotiate a venue, refreshments etc and agree an agenda if I am clear on numbers.

If you would be interested in attending please PM me by Friday 21st August. I'll keep everyone up to date via this blog.

Regards, Martin

Report this post
PostPosted: August 14th, 2009, 9:49 am 

Has anyone been made aware yet of the motivation for the supreme court ruling re Marinate and Santa Venere ? I'd have thought it should be due by now and will probably be instrumental in determining future course of action.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 14th, 2009, 11:44 am 

SantaV666 wrote:
Has anyone been made aware yet of the motivation for the supreme court ruling re Marinate and Santa Venere ? I'd have thought it should be due by now and will probably be instrumental in determining future course of action.

no i havent heard anything yet ,but then again most people seem to be on holiday at the minute. but i would totally agree with the previous post that there is no point in 2 or 3 groups starting up and it should all be done under the one umbrella.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 14th, 2009, 8:14 pm 

hi all , been on hols , still trying to catch up on mail etc . firstly , kevin , i would be more than willing to participate in group meeting , belfast or elsewhere . in relation to meeting myself , eoin and chris had in dublin , i think its fair to say it was not as we had hoped it would be (more on that later ) . i had hoped we would have heard something in relation to supreme court decision too . martinez would have us believe they need to get this from nick metta . i have had several very cordial mails with nick metta and he told me he would let me know , he is on hols at moment and wont be in office till 23rd aug. one final thought , if and when group meeting is arranged might it be an idea to invite some legal people to attend ? not necessarily to participate but maybe to get an overview of the situation with a view to possibly submitting opinions at a later date ?

Report this post
PostPosted: August 18th, 2009, 12:42 pm 

Hi

I agree strength is in numbers and that our action should be in concert.

Our contract states in article 3.2 " The real estate property object of this sale will be delivered free from charges and encumbrances, mortgage loans, preventative records, seizures, pledges, litigations ........"
Article 6.1. The ownership and the possession of the real estate property subject.........wil be transferred to the purchaser on the date of the execution of the definitive notary act, not later that the 30th September 2009."

It seems to me irrespective of what the Supreme Court motivation is, in that if we do not take possession of the property by 30.9.09 Casa del Sole will be in breach of contract and that we will need to take civil action through Vibo Valentia courts (article 14.1) to gain judgement and then enforce the judgement to recover our deposits, hoping the insurance poliicy will pay out ultimately.

I assume Prendocasa Immobiliare are no longer around to mediate in this dispute. (see final page of contract) I wonder if they have a regulatory body which they are/members of which have to step in or act for them in these circumstances?

Does anyone know if Prendocasa are still operating?

Any thoughts/views on the above?

Report this post
PostPosted: August 18th, 2009, 2:35 pm 

Hi Caroline
If you look at the posts in this forum dated 31st July it suggest this firm may have been raided by the police therefore it may not be in business any more. I agree - strength in numbers - but it seems that the court will be publishing a decision in early Sept so we can't really do anything until then.
CG

Caroline wrote:
Hi

I agree strength is in numbers and that our action should be in concert.

Our contract states in article 3.2 " The real estate property object of this sale will be delivered free from charges and encumbrances, mortgage loans, preventative records, seizures, pledges, litigations ........"
Article 6.1. The ownership and the possession of the real estate property subject.........wil be transferred to the purchaser on the date of the execution of the definitive notary act, not later that the 30th September 2009."

It seems to me irrespective of what the Supreme Court motivation is, in that if we do not take possession of the property by 30.9.09 Casa del Sole will be in breach of contract and that we will need to take civil action through Vibo Valentia courts (article 14.1) to gain judgement and then enforce the judgement to recover our deposits, hoping the insurance poliicy will pay out ultimately.

I assume Prendocasa Immobiliare are no longer around to mediate in this dispute. (see final page of contract) I wonder if they have a regulatory body which they are/members of which have to step in or act for them in these circumstances?

Does anyone know if Prendocasa are still operating?

Any thoughts/views on the above?

Report this post
PostPosted: August 18th, 2009, 5:03 pm 

hi caroline and coral , did you read groomsinireland blog in relation to organising group meeting , would you be interested ? if so , why not send kevin a pm or let us know via this thread .

Report this post
PostPosted: August 19th, 2009, 11:15 am 

Hi Martin
I would be very interested in meeting up but I am away on the date you propose (away 4-21 Sept). Is the 12 Sept meeting going ahead? I think that the bigger group we can get together the better.
On a similar and related note, this morning I received a phone call from a Will at Property Solutions Overseas saying he could help. He avoided all of my attempts to find out where he got my number from. He wanted £500 as 'membership' and claimed many buyers from the Santa Venere and Marinata(?) sites have already joined them! He claimed that they could provide "strength in numbers" but when questioned also agreed that they are not legally qualified nor are they any more aware of the laws and regulatory requirements then any of us buyers. He was vague about what exactly they could do other than introduce us to each other. I did a web search and found out that this is a new firm apparently made up of ex MRI employees. Is this just another attempt to get money for nothing from us? How can we make sure they don't use this site to contact/manipulate us further? How can we be sure they are not already reading this?!

groomsinireland wrote:
Concern!
At present there seems to be at least three, possibly four sets of legal discussions going on. All of this activity is positive and well meaning and I find this discussion site a source of interest and encouragement. However, surely one of our key strengths has got to be our strength in numbers. A single joint approach - one voice etc will have greater impact and if we are to proceed with a form of legal action, we will benefit from economies of scale.

At this point I'm not sure I have a full grasp of our challenge; what specifically has happened in Calabria and what our options might be. I would love to meet with others to obtain some clarity if nothing else. My sense is that this meeting may be best held after we have some further legal opinion from one of our advisors.

Not sure how the wheres and the whens will work but as an opening offer how about as many of us as physically possible meet in Belfast (short flight from London + easy drive from Dublin) on Saturday 12th September? I would be prepared to negotiate a venue, refreshments etc and agree an agenda if I am clear on numbers.

If you would be interested in attending please PM me by Friday 21st August. I'll keep everyone up to date via this blog.

Regards, Martin

Report this post
PostPosted: August 19th, 2009, 7:25 pm 

hi coral , not sure who can or cannot read our posts , but i also had e mail similar to your call . let me just say , if it looks like mri , smells like mri , sounds like mri ......... ???????? while this firm may have no connection to them , there are ex mri staff , they are tainted by inferred association . if it were only as simple as handing over 500 and all our troubles were over ???

Report this post
PostPosted: August 19th, 2009, 10:44 pm 

Team

Yes I too have had several emails from property solutions and they have all the trappings of MRI. Not lawyers or any other professional body I shouldn't think so to be avoided at all costs.

Just to let you all know the meeting in Belfast on 12th September looks like going ahead. I've had several interested forum members contact me. If anyone else is keen to meet up, please let me know tomorrow if possible.

Thanks, Martin

Report this post
PostPosted: August 19th, 2009, 11:12 pm 

Hi Will

Thanks. Am away on 12th Sept for a few days so cannot attend but would be interested in hearing results of meeting.

will wrote:
hi caroline and coral , did you read groomsinireland blog in relation to organising group meeting , would you be interested ? if so , why not send kevin a pm or let us know via this thread .

Report this post
PostPosted: August 20th, 2009, 12:31 pm 

Hi there I am away on the 12th otherwise Anne and me would like to attend the meeting in Belfast. If you could let me know the outcome it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Peter

Report this post
PostPosted: August 20th, 2009, 1:56 pm 

Regardless of when your meeting is arranged for, it might be a thought for whoever is organising to invite a few of the local media representatives - probably business editors or correspondents. A quick phone call or email giving them some background and maybe directing them to this forum might spark a bit of interest.
If buyers are also travelling from South Ireland and England, I'd also include wider media (Irish Times, RTE and PRess Association, for example) all of who have offices in Belfast. If there are individuals who are prepared to discuss openly their experience to the media, a human angle is normally of interest - as the recent BBC report on another development showed. Surely the more publicity and awareness the better.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 21st, 2009, 11:38 am 

Hi All been on holiday. still trying to catch up, firstly has anyone heard from Martinez, also i had a phone call yesterday from MRI regarding the meeting we had with them in March,

Report this post
PostPosted: August 21st, 2009, 11:52 am 
Both MRI and solutions overseas seem to be hot on the phones these days

Be carefull out their,, their is likely to be a enormous amount of misinformation as their already has been from the three main parties holding all the contact and personal details who bought in these developments.

Last edited by investor500 on August 24th, 2009, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: August 24th, 2009, 6:25 pm 

Hi all,had a call from mri today,after hearing useless information from them,told them to get lost,politely.

Report this post
PostPosted: August 25th, 2009, 5:13 pm 

Hi
Just had a call from MRI inviting us to attend a meeting in Belfast this weekend. The representative from MRI was unable to tell me what the meeting was about, just that the Directors were flying over to meeting us. She also asked had we any news re deposits paid at Santa Venere and then asked how much money had we lost!

I told her what we thought about MRI and their treatment of us when things started to go wrong and asked what could they possibly have to say to us now that would be of any benefit? She repeatedly told me she was just asked to make the calls and didn't have any further information on this meeting. I told her we would not be attending!
charlieandevelyn

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next